Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2008 4:40 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Using the media to get the world on his side, what a cheap move.
My gawd, exactly how old is Eureka??
Nov 19, 2008 5:17 PM

Jun 2008
it would be funny if eureka is like...renton's mom >_>

anyway that's unlikely. my guess is she's 14-24
Apr 18, 2009 10:03 AM

Sep 2008
aero said:

xDDDDDDDD *thinks to self* Good question xD

robosapien said:

Oh my gosh that would be so disturbing O_O But yes, definitely unlikely xD

Jun 23, 2009 2:55 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm...the plot thickens. Dewey's made his move and it's up to the Gekko-Go to fight it.

Jun 24, 2009 7:16 AM
Feb 2009
I've been wondering too, Eureka met Renton's father right? And she looked exactly the same as she is now. Renton's father died when he was way younger and you know it. Huh... so, is she gonna grow older or stay young and beautiful/same forever?
Jul 14, 2009 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
o.o maybe until Eureka becomes human she will be immortal,cooool^^
it would be a nice plot twist if Renton's father was still alive somewhere
Nov 8, 2009 4:45 PM

Sep 2009
I love this anime(:
I'm on the 3rd time I've rewatched it.
It's so addicting ^-^

Dec 13, 2009 12:14 AM

Jun 2007
i LOLed in the fart part xD
Jun 20, 2010 5:44 PM
Jul 2008
One of the greatest anime scores/OST ...just beautiful...any1 hear the Vodac Priest fart, hahah funny ish
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Dec 16, 2010 10:24 AM

May 2009
Yeah, Master Norb is turning out to be more amusing than I'd expected. Though I'm not exactly sure that's a good thing; I think I'd rather take him seriously...

Now where have I seen that recently...

...oh right, we just had the 2010 elections here in the United States.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 16, 2010 9:09 PM

Mar 2009
Oh goodness..I also want to know how old she is. o_O
She knew Renton's Dad, Now fell in love with Renton. Cool..but weird.

Amagai said:
One of the greatest anime scores/OST ...just beautiful...any1 hear the Vodac Priest fart, hahah funny ish

Lol he's hilarious.., But also a lazy bum. -_-

Sep 25, 2011 5:03 PM

Aug 2010
I wished the plot would move a bit faster
Dec 2, 2011 10:16 AM
Jan 2011
If the only a problem in a one human - Dewey, why not killed them in 36 episode?
WishseekerDec 2, 2011 10:23 AM
Apr 3, 2012 8:23 PM

Mar 2011
Beans are delicious.
Apr 8, 2012 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
I was hoping everything is set up for faster plot development after this episode now that we got yet more answers and Dewey made his move, but then Eureka brings up Adroc. It might be interesting to learn about him but this means the next episode will most likely not have the plot move forward.

Norb sure is unreserved for a priest. Maybe that's his way of being one with the land or something.

Limit of questions sounds like a stupid idea, but maybe it'll get better the more I learn about it.
May 9, 2012 7:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
chaosflaw said:

it would be a nice plot twist if Renton's father was still alive somewhere

I'm sure he's inside the Scub Corals.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 6, 2012 8:44 PM

Apr 2011
hznu said:

That would suck. It would totally kill the story...
Jul 29, 2012 7:08 AM

Mar 2012
Eureka is a selfish bitch if she's only just telling Renton this. So much for wanting to share everything with each other.

And poor Dominic :(
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 24, 2012 12:22 PM

Sep 2010
I hope the Ageha squad fails and Dominic gets Anemone out of there and they join the Gekko.

Fart jokes with Norb now? -___-
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 7, 2013 9:07 PM

Jan 2013
Well Eureka doesn't age like humans. So she might have been the same size when she was created
Mar 26, 2013 9:38 AM
Feb 2008
Eureka has gotten more and more pathetic witch each episode. I like how Talho keeps telling her to man up like she was originally. Hopefully she can stop being so whiny for the last dozen or so eps.
Apr 14, 2013 2:14 PM
Apr 2012
aero said:
hznu said:

Think about it guys... I don't remember how long ago Adroc died but let's say it has been 10 years. We don't know how many years before his death during the Summer of Love he found Eureka, but it likely hadn't been too long. So i guess 2 or 3 years will do.
You guys also know that Eureka has been 'born' the way she is right now, as a young girl. Which means that Eureka has been 'born' 13 years ago if we go according to my estimations. Her real age might differ 1 or 2 years but not any more, so honestly she really isn't that old and might even be younger than Renton.
GlennMagusHarvey said:

If you are talking about the presidential elections, which I believe you are, then those were very recently in 2012. Barely 6 months ago. But I'm sure you knew that and probably just made a typo or a little mistake thinking it was 2011 now. :P
Morani90Apr 14, 2013 3:40 PM
Aug 1, 2013 4:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
thatguy said:
Eureka has gotten more and more pathetic witch each episode. I like how Talho keeps telling her to man up like she was originally. Hopefully she can stop being so whiny for the last dozen or so eps.

Yeah, I guess it's because she's trying to become more human or something. But that would just mean that being human is annoying since she wasn't so human-like before and was cooler that way.

Ugh, Dewey. Seriously. This just shows how easily the masses can be deceived, though I guess I would've been too because no one knows any better. The Gekko was one step too late :/ We also learned a lot of interesting information from Norb.

I don't get why people are so caught up on Eureka's age...it really doesn't matter how old she is. She looks like a teenager physically, and her mental age is around Renton's age too since they think alike and she isn't that mature.
Sep 13, 2013 12:04 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, I think the Gekko should have captured Dewey during that rescue operation in episode 35. It's not like they didn't have the capability to do so.

Now look at him stirring up trouble.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 19, 2014 11:44 PM

Aug 2013
So much info to process... Eureka has been a crybaby for a long time now.
Jul 21, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
Dominic should just drop Anemone. That crazy b*tch and the pathetic Dewey deserve each other.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 7:12 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting development once more, I quite like where everything is going but I do wonder what actions they will take next!
Jan 21, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
Such a funny episode. Oh Dewey I hope you get what's coming to you.
Feb 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, Dewey dared to usurp Adrock name, that fucker. What a manipulative piece of shit.

The Council of Elders is pretty retarded for not having saw coming the threat that Dewey was represented. Now, the GekkoState will have to do all the dirty work, again.

Come on, Dominic, just switch side already. You're already the accomplice of mass slaughter, just switch side before it's too late.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 2, 2015 1:36 PM
Apr 2014
Eureka's age doesn't really matter; she's not human, so our concept of age doesn't apply to her.

Morani90 said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

If you are talking about the presidential elections, which I believe you are, then those were very recently in 2012. Barely 6 months ago. But I'm sure you knew that and probably just made a typo or a little mistake thinking it was 2011 now. :P

I'm really late saying this, but it was most likely a reference to the House of Representatives elections.
Oct 31, 2015 8:44 PM
Jun 2015
im kind of surprised of how many people didnt came to that conclusion or thought that could happen after watching the video in the research lab explaining lfos existence and research. if nobody remembers rentos father discovered them, which means maybe he found eureka. let's say he didn't he still was in the research of lfos which needed the help of eureka to develop. for last and most importantly regarding her age, well in the video she seemed the same as she is now so yeah maybe she is immortal.
Jun 18, 2016 6:47 PM
Mar 2016
A bit of a slow episode, but gets a 4 purely on the strength of the fart that Norb laid down in front of Holland.
Jan 29, 2017 1:09 PM
Aug 2014
Those people sure were gullible, but then they were likely selected to be there just for that reason. Didn't expect Dominic to be as gullible though.

And if there are too many intelligent species the world will be destroyed; what kind of bollocks is that?
Jul 4, 2017 6:26 AM

Jul 2008
Talk about your info dump bombs, but it was sorely needed.
Oct 5, 2017 5:42 PM

Nov 2014
So I think I know what's with Anemome, been thinking about her for awhile but after her actions in this episode I think my theory might have some solid ground.

So what first got me curious is the current op, in it Anemone after witnessing Renton and Eureka's little midair hug she makes this expression that we've never seen her from her before, which is odd cause you know she rarely shows any kind of emotion other than smug and "I'm going to rip off your face with my own teeth look"

Now I will admit it's up for interpretation what it means exactly but I personally believe at that moment that she is remembering something, something that she's lost.

What if she isn't Eureka's sister from the same hatchery or whatever Coralian people things come from, what if all this time she's just been a normal human girl or was a normal girl at first anyway .

So Dewey is quite the douchebag right?, wiping out whole cities and abusing Adroc's name like that , you think we can add oh I dunno abducting a young girl and pumping her full of Eureka's blood just to see what would happen to that list.

Now that might sound crazy but think about it if Anemone is a coralian how come nobody knows about her, I mean Eureka's left quite a footprint with laboratory and XOF and Gekkostate, you'd think any of them would've mentioned a second girl at some point but nope, not even in this episode where she's pretty much revealed to the whole world does anyone recognize her. Also in this episode she kills a bunch of antibody coralians without any hesitation, If she's a coralian none of this makes sense but if she's just a human that's been experimented on it starts making a lot more sense.

So what about Dominic well he probably wasn't recruited for his smarts I mean he is as people mentioned in a much earlier thread a intelligence officer who can't read a map, at first I thought he was like Renton just a kid who got into a situation way over his head because he fell for a strange girl but that doesn't make much sense anymore since 1. Anemone doesn't need a 2nd pilot to use her lffo and 2. Dominic's already in a way worse situation than Renton was when he ran off but he's still hanging around for some reason.

I'm thinking he was in a relationship with her when she was you know sane and they brought him in to help control her, can't help but remember Dominic was the only one ever shown putting that red liquid into her. That's why he can't abandon her even as she seems to forget him more and more.

Now the experimentation has pretty much left her as a hybrid of sorts between human and coralian which is why she keeps acting so erratically , no idea which side is which though.

Oh yeah and I also looked into her name because this seemed like the kind of show where symbolic names might be a thing, apparently Anemone is a type of flower as in something that's grown as opposed to Eureka who just came into being looking exactly like she does now.

Man did I overthink this or what.

Oct 19, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, a limit of questions is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I was starting to slightly like the show more and then I'm like "dafuq is this? it makes no sense" >>

This show though.
Jul 29, 2019 7:57 AM

Apr 2019
Hmm I don't think that Dr. Bear knows about the scientific method, what the fuck. For a scientist he believed way to fast in everything that Norb said LMAO. Also, I laughed at the random fart too ngl. The limit of questions stuff was kind of dumb though. And it was obvious that Eureka met Adroc, Renton is just too dumb.
Dec 19, 2019 5:23 PM

Nov 2016
So much info, but I didn't even care for about a half of it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 26, 2020 7:29 AM
Mar 2019
Kind of lost respect for Bear this ep; I feel like a strong scientist character would have pushed back against Norb and not just accept his word as the truth. This show had 30 episodes to set up a proper conclusion and this is the direction we are heading? So much info dump in the last couple episodes, and I couldn't care less about it. Sometimes its okay to leave questions unanswered and allow the world to build itself. The narrative has completely shifted and is trying to force hard rules down the audience's throat. This doesn't seem like the same show that has been building for 30 episodes. It had been 30 episodes of soft rule, lose world building that hooked you in with its characters; its turned into attempting to tie up lose ends as quickly as possible.

I ironically made the prediction that Norb would turn out to be Adroc.. I wouldn't be surprised at this point...Eureka might even turn out to be the embodiment of his sister, and her ideals, merged with Coralian..
God I hope I am wrong..
Dec 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Jul 2017
That was so excrutiatingly boring. This show's exposition felt agonizingly painful to get through this episode with not much direction or pacing whatsoever to somewhat help it be more engaging to watch. Only thing that was worth catching about the episode was the end of it when Eureka revealed that she knew Renton's dad at some point. Rest of it was shit, especially the Dewey stuff as usual. The show's begging for me to give it a 5 again just after I felt great and put it at a 6 on MAL after the good run of episodes it had at one point.
May 21, 2021 6:18 PM
Mar 2018
FINALLY AFTER 37 EPISODES I UNDERSTAND THE GOVERNMENTS MOTIVES. Also I get the whole deal with the coralians and the consequences. Though it was short it was cool just to see normal civilians, idk why. Also norb saying he ate to much beans took me out lol.
Oct 16, 2021 1:18 AM

Mar 2016
That interview between the scientists and the Vodarac High Priest is likely to be the most intricate and complex conversational sequence so far and perhaps even in this entire show. However, it does really shed a ton of light on the various concepts we have been aware of before. This also included the government's Dewey's goal and his ambition for mankind and coralians. Science and Vodarac's religious beliefs come hand in hand when explaining all these concepts and phenomenons and wow may I say that it's quite an eye-opener.

No matter how villainous Dewey is, you gotta admit, this man knows how to hold a speech, his charismatic ability combined with his coldhearted tendencies allows him to rile up the masses as he hope he would and manipulate them without them even knowing it. With the undivided attention of the masses and the unlimited access he has to the military, his authority is unrivalled. Dewey is quite literally, the ruler of Earth on the Human's population. A title most suited to a man whose goal is to eradicate an entirely intelligent lifeform that roams the expansive region of the planet's Lithosphere.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.