Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
I'm just glad that Holland finally grew up..
Jun 8, 2012 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
So Holland even fails at disbanding?

j/k, nice episode, good to see Holland finally acting like the leader everyone including himself saw in him.

I wonder if he managed to ride that board before they lifted off again.
Jul 29, 2012 2:06 PM
Jan 2010
Why do people think that anything that isn't non-stop action equals filler? Really, I'd like to know.
Nov 22, 2012 7:14 PM

Sep 2010
Holland/Talho moment was really sweet. I'm having trouble with this or Dominic/Anemone being my OTP. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 23, 2012 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
Renton and Eureka on the longboard! SO MUCH FEELS.

Also, it's nice to see that Holland's getting himself together. I wanted to like him but it was hard when he was beating unarmed children. (>_<)
Mar 7, 2013 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
This is the first time I've realized they're on a different planet. Must be in a different solar system. I don't remember if they ever even mentioned the name of the planet or even that they were on another planet until this episode.
Apr 11, 2013 5:09 PM
Apr 2012
burntlettuce said:
The long board looked...interesting to say the least.

Ridiculous. I believe that's the word you're looking for :P And I agree haha.
RediceRyan said:
This is the first time I've realized they're on a different planet. Must be in a different solar system. I don't remember if they ever even mentioned the name of the planet or even that they were on another planet until this episode.

Yep it's mentioned several times already that they are on a different planet. The first real confirmation was during the episode they met Bear for the first time. When he showed them that huge cd-rom like thing he said that it was from their 'ancestral planet, Earth'.
Morani90Apr 11, 2013 5:13 PM
Apr 24, 2013 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
HOLLAND APOLOGIZED!!!!! wasnt expecting that. cool though. kinda corny how all gekko stays banded....
Aug 1, 2013 1:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Quite the touching episode ;__; it's sad to see Holland not being able to lift so easily anymore, especially because it was one of his favorite things to do. Although I didn't like him because of his angry attitude, it was still heartbreaking to see him cry, because he just doesn't seem the type to. That photo of Talho and Holland on the long board when they were younger was so cute, and I think it's better than Renton and Eureka's :P Talho should've just pulled back her hair instead of cutting it...and also, no surprise that everyone wants to stay of the Gekko ^^
Aug 3, 2013 8:51 AM

Jul 2012
Pacific State ç_ç

(Spoiler is just a big image)
Sep 10, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
xNihalx said:
Pacific State ç_ç

(Spoiler is just a big image)

Thank you for capturing this beautiful moment, Stoner ;-;
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 9, 2014 6:17 AM

Aug 2013
No action this episode, but still a freaking good episode.

Was sad to see Charles and Ray sitting on the beach at the start of the episode though.
My Candies:
May 4, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
StardustReverie said:
Why do people think that anything that isn't non-stop action equals filler? Really, I'd like to know.

I've read multiple times that this episode was slow and filler, but in my opinion, this was one of the best episodes on here.
You get to see Holland finally realize, and express his emotions to Talho and the Crew. You get to see (However obvious it was) the crew stick together to the very end. It was a much need happy, and inspiring episode after all of the dark and, frankly, strange previous episodes; with the Coralian and all of that.

What is so bad about this episode?

Personally, I loved it, and it almost made me cry; which this series has not done for me until now.

Excellent. I hope there are more character building episodes like this one!

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Jul 19, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
Holland should've just been like this from the start.. such a kid LOL.
Renton and Eureka look awesome riding that long board. *Pacific State*
Jul 21, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
See Holland, you're capable of not acting like a POS. Should have been like that from the start.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode especially that ending was nice! Let's see what will happen next though!
Feb 5, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
Dem innocent smiles :3
They should become the GekkoState mascots already.

But seriously, death flags everywhere... You know, when the leader announce that he's going on a suicide mission and even announce the dissolve of the GekkoState. That's like he's screaming : ''HEY GUISE, I'M GONNA DIE, SO DON'T COME, M'KAY?''. That manipulative sonuvabitch xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 11, 2015 3:45 AM
Jun 2012
Finally, is the best word for this episode. Firstly, Holland changing/realizing and cementing a definitive relationship with the world, Talho, and Renton, especially in regards to his responsibility towards Eureka. (Its kinda tragic that Renton wouldn't have suffered so much emotional and physical abuse if Holland would have told him the truth about his mission or at least made more effort to reassure him (and its not like Renton wasn't actively begging for information as he struggled to move from A to B because of it, how many times in the series did he say "what's this?" and "I don't understand" and no one fessed up); currently on episode 37, and I for one am not so naive to think fighting personal hangups is easy but the wealth of information from this episode up to the aforementioned that Talho and Holland tell Renton prove how much of a disservice they've been to him e.g. especially key info about his family that i'm sure Renton would've like to know). I have always wanted Talho to be a big sister to Renton but her past blind love for Holland, Renton being a reminder of young love and his sister (who fueled jealousy in her), which often led to her passiveness that allowed Renton to suffer abuse (and on occasion because of her) and indirectly trying to excuse it as a means to an end ("I'm sorry he [Holland] acts so physically [paraphrasing] that's who he is") hinder that; this episode was the closest to this which was nice (Romantic advice she gives is key: "Love is not solely protecting" echoes back to the time in the cafe where she's more than actively cold to Renton). As a viewer I admittedly resent Talho and Holland for being too cryptic and due to their past behaviours etc. etc. but am relieved and pleased about their healing and their will to change themselves. From Renton achieving relative consciousness about the world (and its people) for a 14 year-old boy to Talho's and Holland's redemption proves that one of the greatest pleasures of Eureka Seven is its character development.
nicholasokayFeb 11, 2015 6:50 AM
Jun 29, 2017 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
Finally Holland isn't a jackass anymore.
Sep 23, 2017 10:27 PM
Dec 2015
Loved this episode! So glad Holland is calming himself down now.
Talho has always been my favorite character. It was so nice to see that interaction between her and Holland. She was acting like a sister to Renton as well. Really good to see both of them evolving
Oct 17, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
Let's go lifting! LOL!

Eureka and Renton on the one Holland and Talho used. Awww, sweet. Renton was so upset he couldn't inf anything to cheer her up, bless him.

So, Holland likes that Talho loves him even when he's down or whatever.

So now it looks like from the rings they may be getting married.

So what was all that about Eureka choosing him? I always thought him and Talho were meant to be a thing to when they went on about him wanting Eureka to choose him I got confused.

Holland seems nice again.

So they wanna rescue someone.
Jul 25, 2019 12:32 PM

Apr 2019
Okay, I like Holland right now. He was just an angry Lolicon, but I guess that's solved right now, since him and Talho got together. Is Dominic the junior that gave Talho the information? I know it is kind of a cliche but I liked the ending sequence.
Nov 10, 2019 1:27 AM
Sep 2017
Show loses points for Talho's complete change in personality so quickly
Dec 18, 2019 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
Holland finally opened up. And I really liked the part with the Gekkosate members at the end. Nice episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2020 7:13 AM
Mar 2019
A "slow episode" is not a "filler episode"...
This was a much needed episode imo, the culmination of Holland and Talho's development over the course of the last 30 episodes came to a peak here. They have both learned to grow up, holding on to their youth couldn't last forever. A symbolic 'passing down of the torch' to Renton and Eureka was tasteful and well directed
Nov 1, 2020 11:26 PM

Jul 2012
Finally Holland "wakes up". I liked Renton and Eureka lifting, and the added context of the planet they're living on and the Earth as well.
Dec 23, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2017
This was so great. Eureka Seven might still not get me with the Coralion subplot, but damn I feel alive again when it comes to enjoying the characters in this show so far. Renton and Eureka finally got to make some memories together by riding in Talho's longboard that she used way back in the day with Holland, almost like a passing of the torch kind of moment then given Holland was considering disbanding the Gekkostate after that, admitting that his own body and mindset have fallen too tired to continue on for longer like how he was when he was younger and wanted to enjoy the lift. Renton even thinking about memorabilia and what to offer, and having Talho educate him was a great big sister-little brother like moment they had. Quite the long way this show's come from, where everyone wanted each other dead at random points to this. I still find a lot of the supporting characters to be underdeveloped or barely memorable but the main people of the Gekkostate that should be great are Renton, Eureka, Holland and Talho for me at least. I struggled with 3 out of 4 of them for like 20+ episodes and was indifferent to Renton, and really couldn't stand the character interactions in this show as it all leads to unnecessary drama and strain in the group. But now that everyone's on the same page and truly trying to understand each other and rely on each other more, especially Holland finally relying on Talho and not just running away from everyone, and Eureka finally having the confidence to pilot the Nirvash with Renton and fully believe in him after basically ignoring him due to jealousy for his abilities with the Nirvash in the past along with her burdens too, and having their relationship grow episode by episode. This felt really satisfying to watch and hell, the past 5-10 episodes have been great for the most part in the character progression/development aspect. The moment where everyone were on the same page like I mentioned previously and wanted Gekkostate to continue despite everything that happened to them just shows that the group came a long way and they're in no way ready to call it quits on this adventure.

Again, the Coralion narrative still hasn't grabbed me but I'm truly enjoying this show again, even if it came at the cost of 20-25 episodes of suffering. I'll raise my rating to a 6 temporarily but will fall back to a 5 if any bullshit happens again or if the Coralion stuff is terrible.
Oct 13, 2021 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
Now, this is a charming ep, much slower-paced, but perfectly fitting for this ep's events...

Gekkostate has disbanded but the collective comraderies and goals are aligned with its original goals, all of the members are here yet again to continue doing what they've always done. Many characters have gone through changes within their personalities, small or big. Eureka can now fully trust Renton, the immature and pathetic Holland has started growing up and apologized for his actions to Renton and Eureka and Talho became a surprisingly helpful wingwoman for Renton, a huge shift in behaviour compared to way back then when she endlessly teased Renton for having a crush on Eureka.

Seeing how Holland and Talho used to ride on the longboard together in the past followed by seeing the longboard being used again, now by Renton and Eureka, it's quite poetic. It's akin to the passing of wills and joy from one generation to the next. Shoutout to Stoner for capturing such a captivating moment.

BTW, I love how the Nirvash can now transform into an aerial vehicle sort of like a jet instead of just surfing on top of its board, much sleeker, faster and overall more magnificent.
Apr 15, 2023 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
favorite e7 episode 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.