Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 3, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2010
FUCK
May 9, 2013 7:01 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, the revenge of the Octopi.

Wowza, Kanba and possessed Himari got really intimate during that.

Okay...seems like Yuri is hell bent on revenge and so is Tabuki, even though he lead on that he had forgiven the Takakura's. Also how the children don't share the sins of the parents. So Yuri and Tabuki married just because of their common goal? Heh.
Jun 4, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2012
I really hate yuri and tabuki now -_- what tabuki? why dont you just kill shouma and kanda first? why himari...? WHYY?
Aug 27, 2013 2:00 AM

Jun 2012
GlaringDream said:
Ah, interesting ep.

For a second there when Tabuki was like "I will show you the meaning of my life", I thought he planned to jump when they got to the top!
Sep 20, 2013 4:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yuri and Tabuki are really obsessed with Momoka. It's enormously unfair that the children have to pay for the sins of the parents and murdering Himari would be a monstruosity beyond words, no matter what her parents did.

Those penguins just make me smile all the time, no matter how heavy the subject matter gets.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2013 1:46 AM

Aug 2012
Having a hard time figuring out where this is going but that's what excites me.Very compelling stuff.
Also, the penguins are so neat, haha.
Jan 12, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't care how much of a crush I used to have on Tabuki or how long I'd known him or how much I trusted him, if someone told me we had to go to the top of an abandoned/unfinished building to meet someone I WOULD FIND IT VERY SUSPECT

Also sucks Tabuki seems to be going to the dark side lol, it was right what he was saying before about how it's not really fair to punish the children for the sins of the parents :c
Jan 29, 2014 5:44 AM
Apr 2013
Electrifying.
Aug 31, 2014 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
Right. Punish the kids who had nothing to do with their parents' crime. And this is from Tabuki who was acting all rational just several scenes before the end. I'm annoyed -__-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 31, 2014 8:40 PM
Jul 2014
Everyone is a psycho.
Feb 21, 2015 2:58 PM
Mar 2013
This episode was pretty boring, except the end. What a cliffhanger and plot twist, ugh!
Apr 4, 2015 11:09 AM

Nov 2014
I like the Survival Strategy segments. They make me chuckle every time.
Jul 24, 2015 12:09 PM

Mar 2014
Dat Akira Ishida psycho voice

FUCK YEAH
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 12, 2015 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
lol. the penguins battling the octopus was cute.
Nov 23, 2015 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
Will it be a three way war between Rabbits, Peguins and Octopi?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 6, 2015 11:35 PM

May 2014
Yo that shit was too real, I wonder what Tabuki's gonna do with them whilst saying he doesn't wanna take revenge etc.
Jan 13, 2016 5:36 AM

Apr 2014
Its definitely love. Or hope. Something like that. Also remember Tabuki is affiliated with the whole Schrodengers cat thing
Feb 9, 2017 5:50 AM

Feb 2016
These people are fked in the head, seriously.

Taking out their vengeance against children, to me, this says several things:

1) Spineless coward, taking their hatred on innocent humans and being unable to adjust to reality.

2) Delusional. Thinking their vengeance is appropriated and seeing humans as objects and not complex beings. Obsessed to the point of being unable to move on in their life.

3) Pathetic. Choosing to spend years wasted in anger and sadness to feed your delusions. So weak that they frame their entire life trajectory over this incident, they grow warped as human beings and narrow minded.

4) Ugly. They know Momoko would have been extremely against this, even if their vengeance was toward the right person! And they are doing in the name of Momoko! Much logic, Very virtue, Wow. Organised Religion wants to make friends with Yuri and Tabuki.

To sum it up, unless this show does a better explanation later on the theme of 'fate' and the reasoning behind these characters I have no option but to surmise that this show makes things complicated for no reasons other than to make the show seem 'sophisticated' and 'intelligent' but is in fact lacking no substance.

To put it in other words, two people say exactly the same thing. The first person uses less words, is completely understood using common banter, the audience is entertained. The second person uses flowery sophisticated words and abstract explanations, most of the audience don't quite get it but clap and cheer out of fear of being seen as ignorant and lacking in culture. People then buy into the bullshit and start their own bullshit analysis of what the second person said and end up being entirely wrong. The prevailing unspoken opinion was the words were nice. And the sudden plot twist after 90% of the show was confusing was gratifying.

I am in fact enjoying this show, and I think I will rate this highly. But I do not for a second think this show isn't another victim of 'the emperor's new clothing'.

This show is very different from Serial Experiments Lain. Lain was also confusing, but there was a very clear plot progressing and it was obvious the show wanted to go through the theme of sci fi realities, the meshing of the web and material world, alternate identities, computer related detective and self exploration of this new terrifying but limitless potential that is the AI world was done through lain as the summary described. Beautiful show.
Cloud_IllusionsFeb 9, 2017 6:07 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Feb 12, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2014
lol the takoyaki session with the penguins, hopefully himari can survive throughout the night without the meds. How can Yuri win with only 4 arrows yet natsume has a machine gun full of red balls?
Apr 26, 2017 12:43 PM

Mar 2012
that elevator scene... so utena! <3
Nov 13, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2017
I can't believe Keiju is doing this noooooooooooooooooooooo </3

I mean, Yuri wants revenge but also him!?!?
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jul 18, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2016
I can smell the Utena references Brain’s Base, you can’t hide from me.

The elevator scene, the BGM, and the whole revolutionize the world fight with Yuri and Masako.
Aug 9, 2019 8:23 AM

Aug 2017
Tabuki: Momoka would not wish for us to revenge her death. The kids are not responsible for their parents' actions
Also Tabuki: I will become the executioner of the Takakura family. *proceeds to cosplaying the elevator scene from Utena*

He and Yuri are just insane. Yuri's standoff against Natsume was as ridiculous as possible again, and I love it. It's nice that someone in this thread noticed that the kanji on the green background said "sky/heavens", which opens up new interpretations of the scene alongside with all the feathers imagery. Natsume is "good", "the heavens", and Yuri is "evil", "the underworld". She's framed with a red background with no kanji on it, contrary to Natsume. It's ironic that this "heavenly battle" takes place underground though.

Regarding the scene with Yuri and Tabuki talking, there's a lot of interesting framing there. For some reason, Tabuki has 2 glasses of champagne (one for Momoka?), and drinks from both. The Tokyo Tower (basically a symbol of Momoka and her sacrifice) is seen through the full bottle of champagne without distortion, then with distortion, and finally it's seen through the bottle which is half-empty now; no distortion. Despite mentioning that, I can't say I'm sure what that means.

The further imagery is a bit confusing though. Yuri is surrounded by white feathers, while Natsume is surrounded by...rose petals? Red feathers? I didn't quite parse it. Yuri's crossbow also has a sun and HSK (or HSR?) letters on it. I wonder what's the meaning behind this.

Also, incest saves lives. Probably. Shouma's penguin just throws him away again so that Kamba and Himari could have their sad and intimate moment.
St0rmbladeAug 9, 2019 8:57 AM
Feb 11, 2021 5:52 AM

May 2020
Tabuki being crazy was not completely unexpected, although I do think it would've been interesting to have someone whose isn't consumed by an obsession like everyone else in the show.

But this show is how it is.
Mar 21, 1:03 PM

Jul 2016
I can't get over Natsume's grand reveal scene. Why was it framed like a Smash reveal trailer? She even said her signature line and had triumphant music playing for her and everything lmao.

Tabuki's absence made me think he was either an innocent bystander to what Yuri's got going on or was a hidden player in the game this whole time. Respected the guy for recognizing that the sins of the parents shouldn't make their kids responsible but the very last line is making me second guess myself. Man that elevator scene was tense.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.