Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2008 12:05 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So everything started from Renton's father...
Oct 22, 2008 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
bastard Talho!
Nov 17, 2008 5:44 PM

Jun 2008
~PLOT TWIST~

Talho sucks >_> she is a Shinji...with breasts and a weirdass tattoo...(actually wtf is it?)
Nov 29, 2008 1:41 PM

Oct 2007
man, talho explained more in one minute than they had in the 28 previous episodes. i think i guessed what was going on, but it's good to know for sure, what they're fighting for. although, when they said coral, did they mean this coral? if so, that seems odd. if not, i wished they used a different word.

on another note, i gotta check out eva, if only to get this shinji reference. that dude seems like the most hated character on mal.
Feb 5, 2009 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
rabbitpoets said:

on another note, i gotta check out eva, if only to get this shinji reference. that dude seems like the most hated character on mal.

Eva is awesome, but shinji pisses the hell out of me sometimes. you'll understand why lol

Talho had to ruin all the fun....
nice to see grandpa again though

Jun 18, 2009 2:22 AM

Jan 2009
I'm interested to learn more about the Coralians. Are they a people like the Voderak or something different. Possibly alien?

Jul 15, 2009 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
Hmm, al lot of information is one minute...I had to re watch that part a couple of times and I still only understand half of it.
Sep 5, 2009 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
A Coralian, the pedestal of God, the ultimate concentration of trapar waves... and now, a sentient being.

Well, at least now we know Eureka and Anemone are Coralians, but I still demand an answer as to why her name appears on compact drives.

Also, I hope that this upgrade the Nirvash is getting will differentiate him from the 808 a bit.
Whenever the 808 launches I kinda gasp because to me it seems like someone else is trying to pilot the Nirvash.
Sep 10, 2009 10:09 PM

Apr 2009
Well it took 29 eps, but we're finally told why everyone's in one giant war, why Renton's father is so well known and considered a hero, and that Eureka is actually a different species (which also explains her being able to communicate with Nervash)

For a while I was getting worried that they weren't gonna explain anything at all and leave a big cliff hanger at the end, and that would have really pissed me off.

Nov 18, 2009 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
i felt bad for grandpa when he was saying all that stuff to dominic..
Apr 28, 2010 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
Oh my god Eureka is a part of THE Coralian that was unexpected .
And Dominic failed in this mission whatever his mission was.
May 7, 2010 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
anybody else notice a dramatic drop in the art quality?

Jul 3, 2010 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
Finally Renton knows what's going on...he should have been told a long time ago.
Oct 5, 2010 9:20 PM
Jan 2008
wow it took a couple of lines to explain the whole situation........ WOW >.> I would have liked it if Eureka explained the issue at hand but we get an anticlimactic response from a supporting character who is due a sex scene.
Dec 5, 2010 2:37 AM

Mar 2009
Now the truth comes out, about Eureka & Renton's dad, and this whole "war".
This is interesting. :|

Feb 2, 2011 4:04 PM

Dec 2009
Not sure why this season is taken it's good old time. I mean, 21 more episodes? It started out pretty darn cool then got to the point where I couldn't tell where the series was going and that most of the relationships in it were a mess.
Such junk...
Jun 6, 2011 5:34 AM

May 2011
Started to really dis-like Talho -___-.. she has a stupid name anyways :@

I really like Dominic it luks lyk hes smhw gonna help Renton in smthing in the future.. I hope he dsnt die atleast as an enemy.. My Favorite quote of his "Who Told You To Tune This Up To It's Peaks!?!"
Aug 23, 2011 5:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
After 29 eps we finally get an explanation. I still don't understand how Eureka can actually be a part of the planet itself, but I guess we'll find out. And it explains why Ray hated her so much.

Now if only Holland could have done this sooner, he could have saved Renton from a whole lot of anguish and a lot of misunderstandings would have been cleared up.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2011 11:41 AM

Aug 2011
Lol, it took them 29 episodes to develop the story a little. They should have just given this information from the start, because the info about Renton's dad was always so vague. The whole thing with Eureka wasn't all that surprising to me. It was obvious that something was different about her.

I kind of wonder how that works though. I mean, doesn't Eureka age then?

I hope they give some info about Renton's sister aswell, it's actually surprising that she is left out of the story so much even though she is mentioned in pretty much every episode.
Sep 21, 2011 11:01 PM

Aug 2010
Yeah I really want to know the mystery behind Renton's sister.
Mar 19, 2012 8:51 AM

Mar 2011
It's nice to finally have some story.
Apr 7, 2012 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
Nice to know more about what's going on, though it turned out to be a bit of a let down.
Apr 25, 2012 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
Not a bad info dump, although we still need to know how Renton's sister, Holland and Talho are connected. We also got to see that in his heart, Dominic is not as amoral or evil as many of the other major characters in the show. We still have 21 episodes to go, so lots of time for more plot twists and action, and there have been a couple of other characters mentioned that we haven't seen yet.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 2, 2012 7:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
rodac said:
Dominic is not as amoral or evil as many of the other major characters in the show.

Like who again? I wish I could see "Good" and "Evil" as clearly as you can (or on second thought maybe not as I don't believe it them)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 3, 2012 1:48 AM

Apr 2011
Lot's of information in this episode, it fits together with a lot of the stuff that didn't make sense before. Wish it wouldn't have taken so long to tell us all this.
Wish eureka would've told this to her instead...
Jul 28, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
About time!!

Need to see how this plays out. Also, I wish that stupid scar on her forehead would clear up.

Also - isn't it annoying how the only emotion Eureka can show is grabbing Renton's hand? I'm getting annoyed with seeing her constantly doing that.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 29, 2012 12:19 PM
Jan 2010
So Eureka is a coralian, so fucking what? And talho is just a bitch who has to project her own anger on everyone else. Just like Holland.
Nov 21, 2012 6:11 PM

Sep 2010
So it looks like Renton's father cause the start of the war.

Aww Dominic tearing up in the end made my heart melt he is so cute. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 7, 2013 1:32 AM

Jan 2013
entertaining as always.
I love the relationship between Renton and Eureka
Mar 24, 2013 12:09 AM
Feb 2008
Kinda of a giant exposition dump by Talho. I thought Eureka was some sort of experiment from the government not some sort of alien race...then again if she came from the Earth itself she's not really an alien is she? So the scubs are living beings and LFOs come from them as well right? I think I remember that episode with the old man digger saying something about that.
Apr 10, 2013 3:46 PM
Apr 2012
lmao you guys are ridiculous... for 28 episodes you have been asking for explanations and now Talho has given an explanation you whine and bitch and burn her down to the ground. You bunch of Shinji's! :P
wailofthebanshee said:
And talho is just a bitch who has to project her own anger on everyone else. Just like Holland.

Wrong. Before she went to Renton she said this to Holland: ''I'll carry a bit of it. Of your troubles.'' And then went and gave Renton the explanation Holland had the responsibility of providing. Which he has been running away from, from day 1.

I think Holland will become more likable after this. Fighting this 'war', protecting Eureka etc. Apparantly he is not doing this for himself but for Renton's dead father, who was likely his master. He is trying to accomplish what Adroc died trying to, which is admirable.

On a side note: I really hope Eureka gets her old looks back soon. It's getting kind of annoying looking at her 'damaged' like that.
Morani90Apr 10, 2013 5:14 PM
Apr 22, 2013 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
i like eureka's hair more how its a bit messy . those facial scar things sure are fugly though.
she seems less robot-y and emotionless unlike before. and isnt she around rentons age? fcking
holland looks like he has gray hair. and holland was protecting eureka, cuz ray n charles were
after her, not renton like he was saying..
oky, how the FUCK are all the members of Gekkostate aside from Holland and Talho oblivious to the reasons of them fighting the war? talho's explaining it to Renton and then the whole team goes
"ohhh OMFG i had my hunches..." when she announces eureka's truth. thought she was just
explaining it for renton but apparentley every member of gekko has been killing for no
apparent reason. what IS a coralian? how does a mass of land combine with a human?
bleh, im sick of eureka's ugly mug.
i honestly havent seen one admirable or special or interesting or attractive trait from eureka.
shes so bland and blah, i honestly dont see what renton see's in her.when he calls her special
I mean, idk how theyre even so close, Ive seen practically no bonding between the two other
than when they become housebitches to cook and clean for everyone now that theyre magically in
"love" and eureka crying. they shoulda played her off more like this from the start if this was
the direction they decided to go. well theyre point is renton is "opening her up" more
i guess.
god damn does everyone cry a lot in this show. rentons grandpa sure was nicer than normal. but ofc
domonic has to cry about it. haha i was expecting the "peaky tune up" punch line like how he said
to renton. must run in the family.
Jul 24, 2013 11:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
rabbitpoets said:
man, talho explained more in one minute than they had in the 28 previous episodes.

Seriously right? Finally we get some answers. And Eureka being something else than a human was obvious, but the surprising part would be that she is a Coralian, and we're not even really sure what that means except that she some kind of different lifeform.
dextronaut said:

i honestly havent seen one admirable or special or interesting or attractive trait from eureka.
shes so bland and blah, i honestly dont see what renton see's in her.when he calls her special
I mean, idk how theyre even so close, Ive seen practically no bonding between the two other
than when they become housebitches to cook and clean for everyone now that theyre magically in
"love" and eureka crying. they shoulda played her off more like this from the start if this was
the direction they decided to go. well theyre point is renton is "opening her up" more
i guess.

Hm yeah I don't really see the romance between them like other people here do, probably because it was such a joke in the beginning how Renton likes her, like how he wanted to kiss her and keeps blushing with a silly face every time he looks at her. Well at least he's becoming more mature.

On the otherhand, Dominic! I'm glad to see that he doesn't really want to be Renton's enemy, and it was kind of touching how he cried from the grandpa's kindness :)
Feb 8, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
So what did Talho take the spot of asshole now that Holland is gone?
My Candies:
Jun 23, 2014 12:03 AM

Jun 2012
I lol'd when Dominic is like "and who told the old geezer to do a peaky tune-up!?", reminding himself of Renton xD

It was pretty satisfying when Renton accepted Eureka so easily after that, I guess they won't waste episodes on a bunch of drama with that.

Jul 19, 2014 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
Talho wants to be the second bastard Holland ?!
Another good character to the drain..
Also Eureka suddenly became a crybaby from such a compose attitude before.
I hope to see some real romantic scene rather than them sulking and comforting each other all the time.
Jul 21, 2014 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
Huh? Why are you guys mad at Talho? She only did what Holland should have done: she told Renton the truth. Holland didn't tell him anything but still beat him up like he was supposed to know everything. He kept running away from his responsibility. Talho actually made everything easier for everyone.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2012
More of the truth has been unraveled and well this sure is getting more and more interesting the more we know about Eureka! I'd love to know more about this Coralia and what it actually is! Well let's see what's next.
Feb 5, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Well, we suddenly learned a bunch of new information. Eureka being a coralian isn't really surprising, but I didn't thought Renton father was the origin of the conflict.

Dominic has fallen into an emotive trap! That old man is pretty clever, making him do a promise like this one. I wonder why he's being spied by the Colonel though. Maybe he lost his confidence when he entered in contact with Renton? After all, they are pretty similar, both protecting a coralian (because I assume Anemone is a coralian).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 1, 2015 8:16 AM
Apr 2014
"I'll carry your burden". I guess it means she has to become an a*****e as well XD

Jokes aside, Talho played the jerk-with-good-intentions part way better than Holland did. She's actually relatable.

Dominic crying was a bit too much; I'd understand feeling sad and guilty, but not to the point of tears. You're telling me he never spied on anyone before? And he just met the grandpa for a day, not that huge bonding. But well, different people have different reactions.
Feb 1, 2016 9:53 AM
Apr 2015
I find the lack of a political officer disturbing.

Seriously, almost none of the crew knew what for they are fighting? Talho had to do what, thanks to Holland, was to be done years ealier!
Aug 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
We got some story! Only 28 episodes late!

lmao at the fact at least 50% of the Gekko didn't even know why they are fighting in a war.. in trying to explain the plot they only made it more ridiculous.. Ah well, at least we know now why Eureka is a less appealing version of Bella Swan..

-_-
Aug 21, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2015
I guess it's because Bob Papenbrook died which is why Gen-Koh's voice was different :(

Also, different shots of the same scene have different art. Like the children at the table eating before leaving when the Coralian thing was explained were different.
Jan 26, 2017 1:07 PM
Aug 2014
So Gekko state has been fighting a war that Renton's father started, who I think has been dead for a decade or so, but what I don't understand is how/why Holland was part of the SFO when they razed that Vocarac (?) city where they found the three kids. Maybe I'm misremembering, but they didn't look much older than they look now.

The Renton Euraka scenes were very good this episode; also liked how Renton dealt with Ray and Charles deaths.
Jun 28, 2017 6:41 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it Talho there was no reason to take up the mantle of being shitty to Renton.
Sep 26, 2017 6:57 PM

Nov 2014
So Eureka isn't a clone of any of Renton's female relatives, ok good that could have made things real awkward. So now the question becomes how did a literal force of nature wind up in a black ops squad?

Oct 13, 2017 9:09 AM
Mar 2017
Lol dominic !. It is a renton 2.0 only that is more serious.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 17, 2017 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
I still don't really get the Coralians thing but, Eureka is one of them and Anemone. Okay then, so not some sort of clone.

Hmmm, Talho explained a lot in a hot minute.

Renton is just as confused as I am LOL!

Dominic's visit to Bellforest was interesting.
Jul 22, 2019 7:11 PM

Apr 2019
Thanks for the info dump Talho! Now everything makes sense, especially the random soldiers dying by some corals. But, is the cloud a living being? Also, was expecting that Adroc's motives would be conflicting with Renton's. I guess I expected wrong then LMAO
Am I supposed to hate Dominic ? He is part of the bad guys, I guess, but he is clearly a good person. He cares about Anemone and is Renton's friend (LOL). I guess I'll be sad with the death of another villain(?), it seems that Charles and Ray weren't enough.
Jan 28, 2020 10:36 AM
Sep 2019
I'm really enjoying the pacing of this show. After the last few hectic episodes, it's nice to have a little bit of room to let things breathe and see how the characters are dealing with everything that's happened.

This show is really slow playing the reveal of information about the world (by design I guess), and I'm enjoying the anticipation, guessing, and ultimately not knowing. So far I've been able to resist the urge to look anything up, and am sticking to just the anime.

Scubs, Scub Coral, and Corellians. All very interesting. This info dump does finally reveal some necessary info, although it still really leaves us with more questions than answers. When the "tectonic shifts" occur, the resulting "land mass" that shoots out of the earth does look pretty pecuilair. The idea of it being some sort of "coral" is very interesting. (Look up ocean coral, it's very interesting/weird. It's kinda like stone/rock but also it's alive.) So I can see with what they were going with there.

Just my personal theory so far:

After it's all said and done, I'd love to see a fleshed out version of exactly how things went down in this world, but since that rarely ends up being satisfying, I'm wondering if this anime will just leave more things unanswered than not (and leave it up to us to fill in the blanks).

Definitely getting a bit of a Naruto x Evangelion vibe to the show, after the half way point. (Or rather Eva with Shinji replaced by a Naruto type character, whose unique way of looking at things is able to change the people around him).

No matter what happens now, definitely have to see this one to the end. Even Domnic's scenes, I too got the "feels" with him an Grandpa-Axel. Very easy to get emotionally invested in these characters.
ahnold11Jan 28, 2020 10:41 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.