Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2020 7:20 AM
Mar 2019
I'm not sure how I feel about the new information given this episode. A mention of an unknown faction up until this point; 'The Wizards', and a new plot device that will surely be inherited by Renton by the end of the series. I am undecided if I should be praising the writers for creating a 'lived-in' world that the audience will never be able to experience all of; or criticize them for for introducing such important plot points so late into the series.
If the illusion of an anti-authority/counter culture faction in the form of Gekkostate is to be upheld, I hope we aren't actually introduced to 'The Wizards'. It would help sell the idea of a faction that has been involved in numerous missions, without having all of their enemies 'return to take vengeance'.

Some great sakuga moments this episode too. A great shot of Charles and Rey sky surfing and of course the epic shootout conclusion to Holland and Charles' muddied past.

I've loved all the OPs so far, but I think this one will be top 2 when all is said and done.

I know Holland is meant to look like a highly trained operative this episode, but the body paint made him look really goofy to me LOL

xplosive59 said:
I am finding this arc eerily similar to that of Ramba Ral and Crowley Hamon in the original 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam.

- Amuro Abandons White Base/Renton abandons the Gekko
- Amuro meets with friendly Zeon troops who don't know his identity/Renton befriends Charles and Ray who don't know his identity
- Amuro returns to White Base/Renton returns to Gekko
- Ramba Ral killed in raid on White Base/Charles killed in raid on Gekko
- Both explode

All we need now is for Ray to killed off in an act of vengeance next episode and you have pretty much a mirror image of 0079.

Thanks for pointing that out, this will likely affect how I score this series.
KidLeafAug 11, 2020 7:26 AM
Oct 27, 2020 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
I wish there was more of an indication that Charles was getting shot for real, maybe some blood or something. That moment made it feel flat to me because I thought he was going to live (through anime logic) because there didn't seem to be any damage to his body that we saw until afterwards.

I wonder if Charles' death would have had more impact for me if Renton was involved somehow, or if this happened a bit later on?
Nov 27, 2020 12:39 PM

Nov 2019
Wow! it's like the previous episode was candy for us before they returned us to the dark themes.
I salute to Charles for being a great guy and great papa and Ray i'm sorry for your loss

Like Ray said we still don understand evrything all that much
Dec 23, 2020 4:38 AM

Jul 2017
RIP Charles. One of the highlights of the show for sure, and really, half of the pair that probably saved the show for me a bit from being just godawful the entire time. Poor that Ray not only could bear children with Charles but also now, she lost her husband too. And even had Renton hold her at gunpoint too, who she considered like a son since Renton obviously wanted to protect Eureka despite still respecting Ray a lot.

The episode was solid, not sure about the plot points for the future and how the tone will be since the show loves to go through phases of extreme tonal shifts for long periods of time but at least there's a rhythm that the show is undergoing currently that looks decent enough for it to recover even more. I had the first 20 something episodes at a 3/10 but at the rate, if it can improve consistently and not feel all over the place in bullshit melodrama and poor characterization, it can definitely still salvage a 5-6 rating from me, maybe a little more too depending on how it plays out. My memory's still hazy on the rest of the show so it's not like I'm expecting what all would happen.

Also, the new opening was good. Still the first one is the clear favorite but visually, the 3rd opening probably outranks the first two. Don't care for the ED much.
Apr 28, 2021 5:58 PM

Apr 2021
This was such a tragic episode (。╯︵╰。) I loved Charles and Ray, they were the type of character that was really great because despite being the antagonists they weren't bad per se they just had different motives than the gekko. Ngl I kinda wish Holland was the one to die because he gets on my mf nerves but.... the show is getting spicy, excited to see where it goes.
Oct 12, 2021 11:21 AM

Mar 2016
New OP is pretty decent, though I'd have to say I prefer the first and second OP's song way more than this 3rd one, the visuals are good, seeing Anemone baffled upon the sight of Renton and Eureka together gave me a little chuckle, the ED though, it's quite charming. Somehow reminds me of the early-mid 2000s songs.

This has got to be one of the most suspenseful ep in this show so far, it's incredibly intense, the assault made by Charles and Ray on the Gekko was highly calculated but Holland's proficiency at dealing with close-quarter warfare is not to be dismissed he has the skill and ferocity to fight effectively against Charles and inevitably, he won due to Charles needing to doge the autonomously moving Nirvash. Welp, I guess Holland is still quite useful in some cases, if only he wasn't such an immature baby, he'd be a great leader.

I knew that those pills that Charles and Ray ate were bombs, if it isn't physical-enhancing drugs, then those have got to be bombs, meaning that they've come with the resolve to die. That day, a wonderful man died, Charles, Renton's foster father, a loving husband and a former soldier laid his last breath.
Aug 2, 2022 9:42 AM
Oct 2019
Love the White Album reference
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.