Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2011 4:18 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Togawa's past was interesting.. his father was forcing him into playing the piano though he obviously didn't have the passion for it.
Jun 1, 2014 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
Great chapter, even sadder knowing he wanted to be a sprinter.
Probably never touches the piano now.
Dec 5, 2015 10:01 AM
Mar 2014
The typical dad who wanted to be a great pianist but failed, so forcing his kid to step in his shoes.
Apr 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
that last page cut deep :<
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 5, 2017 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
That was actually more painful than I had anticipated.

I wonder if Kiyoharu was able to accomplish anything substantial before he lost his leg (I assume he couldn't and that's why he's even more serious about winning in Basketball now)

I wonder what'd be worse, losing his leg before you've ever had a real chance to prove yourself or after you've already "tasted victory" and were on your best way to accomplish even greater things?
May 10, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2016
Kiyo's getting better at playing against his opponents that are way better than the team that they lost to previously. He wasn't always like that though and as it turns out, his passion was pretty far away from basketball back then. He was torn between playing the piano and running but he had decided to follow his heart and choose the latter. I can only imagine how painful it would be for him to find out that a disease has been eating at his leg abd will eventually make him unable to pursue his dream of being a sprinter indefinitely.

May 21, 2020 4:29 AM

Mar 2020
at least he got to do what he wanted to, they didn't show us his dad at the end. I wonder if he fully accepted his son's choice
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
May 24, 2020 7:57 PM
Dec 2015
I just started reading and I read the first ten chapters today. It's an amazing series so far. This chapter really hurt my heart, a lot of them do... I feel really bad for the bully character even though he is an awful person, no one deserves that. I'm going to stop reading for today and watch something light.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Real Chapter 95 Discussion

ryzxgum - Dec 2, 2023

7 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 7, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Real Chapter 96 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

4 by outolunch »»
Mar 16, 7:37 AM

Poll: » REAL Chapter 36 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 4, 2011

12 by _Zanga »»
Feb 29, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Real Chapter 90 Discussion

outolunch - Aug 26, 2020

7 by astoneon »»
Feb 26, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Real Chapter 86 Discussion

Klad - Aug 29, 2019

4 by astoneon »»
Feb 26, 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.