Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Sep 17, 2014 5:56 PM
Oct 2011
When I watched it when it was airing oh so long 8 years ago it BLEW away every single anime during that time. So 10/10 even about 5 years ago no one knew about F/S night I performed the unlimited blades work speech in front of 30+ people without getting embarrass in my class in HS senior. Hell I was proud of it.
Sep 21, 2014 5:42 AM
May 2013
AliasAngel said:
I think watching F/Z before FSN is mistake.

FZ is epic compared to FSN and I've got a sudden urge to re-watch it .

The only things I like about FSN : Shinji dies and
Sep 21, 2014 5:53 AM

Sep 2013
No, Ilya dies here too. You just didn't see it yet, but she dies one year later. Her death is inevitable.

And if anything, the true FSN is at the least on par with FZ in epicness. Probably more epic. Secondaries...
Oct 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
The best episode of this story...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 26, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Well, I enjoyed the show until Tohkasa Rin's Servant, Archer, died. After that, it's been really cliche. How they, Shirou and Saber, won their battles are just forcing it. How was Shirou able to improve that much so fast? And how the hell was he able to defeat Kotomine Kirei when Tohsaka Rin can't beat him. Seeing how weak Kotomine was, Tohsaka Rin was supposed to be able to defeat him easily, but I guess there won't be any drama if that happens, but still...

Then again, I'm watching this anime at this time and day. The animation was really great though, considering this was made almost a decade ago. And the art is really amazing, well it's what made me interested in the first place. So glad the newer series are a lot better, Fate Zero and so on. I hope they remake this with a better story.
Oct 28, 2014 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
Definitely did not enjoy this anywhere as much as Fate/Zero...

overall? 6/10. Maybe I expected more after finishing Fate/Zero, but just didn't live up to what I expected. There should have been a bit of magic to keep saber around...
Oct 28, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2009
diablo99939 said:

overall? 6/10. Maybe I expected more after finishing Fate/Zero, but just didn't live up to what I expected. There should have been a bit of magic to keep saber around...
The lack of mana wasnt the main reason she didnt stay.

And I think that when 99% of the "veteran" fanbase recs to not watch this anime, they surely have a reason.

They the new FSN:UBW. And please avoid the 2010 UBW movie.
Oct 28, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2012
FakePriest said:
diablo99939 said:

And I think that when 99% of the "veteran" fanbase recs to not watch this anime, they surely have a reason.

first of all, fate zero was excellent if someone didn't enjoy it, its probably not their genre of anime and secondly..I really don't see the big problem with deen's adaption of fate stay night...sure there may have been some problems but it could not have been so bad to get so much bad reviews and comments about it,people on this site for some reason totally hates it...i have played the vn so i know what there is to know...i guess its because this site has so many children pretending to be educated and who only cares about either action or ecchiness *sigh* this is just my opinion no need to take it personally
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2014 1:18 AM

Aug 2009
Bobby_S said:
FakePriest said:

first of all, fate zero was excellent if someone didn't enjoy it, its probably not their genre of anime and secondly..I really don't see the big problem with deen's adaption of fate stay night...sure there may have been some problems but it could not have been so bad to get so much bad reviews and comments about it,people on this site for some reason totally hates it...i have played the vn so i know what there is to know...i guess its because this site has so many children pretending to be educated and who only cares about either action or ecchiness *sigh* this is just my opinion no need to take it personally
I didnt say anything about FZ.

Now about FSN2006.
It contradicts FZ and FSn visual novel,doesnt explain Shirou's character and doesnt develop him either.All characters not named Saber are just there, and even Saber is just waifu material instead of an actual character.It doesnt explain much about it's lore and the character's powers, making everything pretty much an asspull.
Random arcs, like Sakura's abduction,animation is average at best for it's time, 90% of the people that didnt play they VN hate SHirou's guts.

The UBW movie has it's action and this had some ecchines with Saber and Sakura.Really what is your comment ("only cares about either action or ecchiness") suppose to mean when those are some of the problems with the old adaptations?
Oct 29, 2014 4:05 AM
Oct 2014
Love Stay Night! I really liked it, and I would love a sort of remake with the same quality of Zero or UBW (so ufotable quality!). Can't wait for Haven's Feel!

There is one thing, however, that is not 100% clear to me, and that it's the fate (no pun intended :D ) of the Grail, and, as a consequence, of everything else. It seems to me that Shirou and Saber destroyed the Grail, but is this a permanent thing? Is this the end of the Holy Grail War?
After all, it happened at the end of Zero as well: Kiritsugu and Saber destroyed the Grail, but 10 years later a new war started...
Is it different because Kiritsugu forced Saber to destroyed it, while now Shirou didn't? Or, maybe, as (I think) suggested by Zero, you cannot really destroyed the Grail, and a new war will happened? Or it has to do with the vessel of the Grail? As I said...this was not 100% clear to me :D
Oct 29, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
Fabri_LoN said:
Love Stay Night! I really liked it, and I would love a sort of remake with the same quality of Zero or UBW (so ufotable quality!). Can't wait for Haven's Feel!

There is one thing, however, that is not 100% clear to me, and that it's the fate (no pun intended :D ) of the Grail, and, as a consequence, of everything else. It seems to me that Shirou and Saber destroyed the Grail, but is this a permanent thing? Is this the end of the Holy Grail War?
After all, it happened at the end of Zero as well: Kiritsugu and Saber destroyed the Grail, but 10 years later a new war started...
Is it different because Kiritsugu forced Saber to destroyed it, while now Shirou didn't? Or, maybe, as (I think) suggested by Zero, you cannot really destroyed the Grail, and a new war will happened? Or it has to do with the vessel of the Grail? As I said...this was not 100% clear to me :D

Jan 8, 2015 6:47 AM
Jan 2015
I just finished to watch. I liked it. The NV contains much info about the back history of the characters, but I don't want to play it. Maybe I shall view the F/SN UBW. 9/10, but I wished a happy ending .
Jan 14, 2015 2:34 AM

Jul 2007
juniobond said:
I just finished to watch. I liked it. The NV contains much info about the back history of the characters, but I don't want to play it. Maybe I shall view the F/SN UBW. 9/10, but I wished a happy ending .

Why watch the non canon version before the ubw adaptation?...
Jan 21, 2015 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
A lot of people told me not to watch the anime from Studio Deen but to be honest, I didn't find this terrible but good. Once again it was better to have an own opinion. I can understand people who don't like like it but I couldn't care less ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 30, 2015 3:21 PM

Dec 2012
I just finishing Deen version after finishing VN couple weeks ago I would say they did skip some stuff like Saber is special servant and change some scenes like Caster stuff. Overall it was still good. 8/10 At least they kept the ending the same as in the visual novel for fate route.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Feb 25, 2015 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
So that's it. The ending was kinda confusing, but whatever. It started pretty good, but then I kinda stopped caring what would happen next. 5/10
Feb 25, 2015 5:35 PM

Oct 2014
Gator said:
So that's it. The ending was kinda confusing, but whatever. It started pretty good, but then I kinda stopped caring what would happen next. 5/10

I'll try and explain if you still visit this thread.

nocorrasFeb 25, 2015 5:41 PM
Feb 25, 2015 7:02 PM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Gator said:

Don't bother.

He/She does not bother to visit forums back as shown by the fact that he/she still watched the show despite everyone sensible going "The fuck you are doing?"
Feb 26, 2015 5:38 AM

Apr 2013
nocorras said:
Gator said:

Ah okay, it was strange that she dreamt all that stuff when asleep and then died after what happened. Makes sense now, thanks :)

CookingPriest said:
nocorras said:

Don't bother.

He/She does not bother to visit forums back as shown by the fact that he/she still watched the show despite everyone sensible going "The fuck you are doing?"

What the hell man, I answered almost every reply I got in this forum. And I don't need allowance from anybody to watch something. If you just give advice so people follow it and not make their own oppinions you probably shouldn't give advice at all.
Feb 26, 2015 6:02 AM

May 2014
Gator said:

CookingPriest said:

Don't bother.

What the hell man, I answered almost every reply I got in this forum. And I don't need allowance from anybody to watch something. If you just give advice so people follow it and not make their own oppinions you probably shouldn't give advice at all.

Fai rekt count +1

or alternately:

Feb 26, 2015 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
^lmao
Gator said:

Ah okay, it was strange that she dreamt all that stuff when asleep and then died after what happened. Makes sense now, thanks :)

I don't think you quite understood;
Saber has a contract with the World, so she goes forward from where she is currently stuck in time.
She was legitimately summoned by Shirou.
She broke the contract by rejecting and destroying the Grail.
Those memories were taken back to the Saber on the hill.
She was dying and badly wounded so a little delirious, hence the "dream" comment, because her time there was happy, which was something she never had in life. Bedivere tells her it was a dream she'll see again to comfort her before she dies.
InsertanamehereMar 10, 2015 7:51 AM
Mar 7, 2015 2:01 AM

Jul 2014
shitty anime , touching end
Mar 10, 2015 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
Insertanamehere said:
^lmao
Gator said:

I don't think you quite understood;
Saber has a contract with the Grail, so she goes forward from where she is currently stuck in time.
She was legitimately summoned by Shirou.
She broke the contract by rejecting and destroying the Grail.
Those memories were taken back to the Saber on the hill.
She was dying and badly wounded so a little delirious, hence the "dream" comment, because her time there was happy, which was something she never had in life. Bedivere tells her it was a dream she'll see again to comfort her before she dies.

Okay I think I got it now, ty :3
Apr 22, 2015 10:55 AM
Apr 2015
This is a battle royal yet the fight scenes look terrible, terrible is an understatement as you can't really call those ''fight scenes'' as you only see ''slash frames'' not the actual movement. The chemistry between Shirou and Saber is non existent thanks to the way they presented the story.

Shirou is kinda sexist and a huge idiot during most the the show. He did became a bit more mature right in the end. Still this Shirou version of theirs is very unlikable.

Lots of Deus ex Machina moments even right at the bitter end. I don't really mind but the way they used it here is so cringe worthy.

6/10 because I am biased, I will love anything that has to do with Saber.

Apr 22, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
yunadestined said:
Manly tears were shed!

+1
Saber :'(
kol2537 said:
ending was pretty sad, left a hole in my heart D:

otherwise awesome episode

Same here!
Apr 23, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2012
Yhneiil said:

Shirou is kinda sexist and a huge idiot during most the the show. He did became a bit more mature right in the end. Still this Shirou version of theirs is very unlikable.

Sexist ? I don't remember him being sexist when I watched the anime.
Jun 15, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2014
Dunno what all the hate for this is about, I thought the show would suck a lot considering how negatively people speak about it, but I think it was pretty decent at least. Maybe my taste is just terrible doe.

7/10
Jun 15, 2015 2:04 AM

Feb 2015
Snappynator said:
Dunno what all the hate for this is about, I thought the show would suck a lot considering how negatively people speak about it, but I think it was pretty decent at least. Maybe my taste is just terrible doe.

7/10

actually the movie one gets more hatred
Aug 4, 2015 12:30 AM
Jul 2015
I liked this anime, it had a lot of action and drama. Although the story line could've been polished here and there, it was overall a great watch! A part of me still wanted the cliche ending where Saber stayed with Shirou.
Aug 4, 2015 12:35 AM
Jul 2015
The last episode made me a bit confused. When Shirou ordered Saber to destroy the Holy Grail, why did he use his last mark? I thought they both agreed that the Holy Grail was dangerous and it needed to be destroyed, so there would be no need to use a mark. I might have missed something; If anyone could reply and explain this, it would be helpful, thanks.
Aug 4, 2015 5:20 AM

Aug 2014
command spell power boost to help her use her NP at full power
Aug 14, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
UWAAAH!!! :(

I almost cried when I saw the stuffed lion at the end!

UWAAAAH!!!

*sniff* I wonder if Shiro did give the lion to Saber in person or did he just place it in the empty room to honor her memory. I mean, things rapidly went downhill after the date...
Nov 25, 2015 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
Lol

3/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 27, 2015 10:09 AM

Mar 2013
Oh why did it have to end that way? ;_;

I know it was beautiful ending but dem scenes of Saber near the end literally tore my hear apart :'(
I'd prefer cliched happy endings 100 more than to see something like this.
What can I say... I'm such a sucker for happy endings.

I was thinking about playing the VN, but after witnessing this ending, I guess I'm not that really motivated to play it and experience the feels again for an ending like this ;_;

Well overall, 7/10 for me. I would've rated it higher if it had Shirou x Saber ending :'(
Feb 19, 2016 11:45 PM
Jun 2015
That ending though :'(
Apr 25, 2016 11:36 PM

Mar 2014
The Finale of the Holy Grail . The End of the War .
The Utopia of Kings , Avalon .
Perfect Episode and a dramatic ending .. I wanted a sweet ending :') .

In general , One of those peerless series that can go 'beyond' . In many ways .
Absolutely AWESOME . Very redeeming characters , though not the ending <3 .
Even though , I know it is sad enough , I haven't yet approve of it . T_T
If time permits , I will continue where I have left off . Its an unfinished business .
Therefore , This is not yet the time and this is not GOODBYE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2016 5:03 AM

Sep 2012
FinalFlash18 said:
Oh why did it have to end that way? ;_;

I know it was beautiful ending but dem scenes of Saber near the end literally tore my hear apart :'(
I'd prefer cliched happy endings 100 more than to see something like this.
What can I say... I'm such a sucker for happy endings.

I was thinking about playing the VN, but after witnessing this ending, I guess I'm not that really motivated to play it and experience the feels again for an ending like this ;_;

Well overall, 7/10 for me. I would've rated it higher if it had Shirou x Saber ending :'(

You should play the VN, its really worth it, for me, especially for saber x shirou
Sep 10, 2016 9:16 AM

Aug 2014
The anime itself was very enjoyable, but after all the development between Saber and Shirou this ending was just.. eh. Didn't like it.

8/10 because of Saber, looking forward to the rest of F/S series
Nov 14, 2016 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
A great finale.

How Shirou and Mother Saber beat Gigadouche and Kuromine was awesome. The last scene with Gil and Saber was sweet. He really loved her, even when it was in a twisted way.

How Shirou saved Lolisviel was cool. And Shirou and Saber admitting, that they love each other was absolutely great.

In the end, Saber destroyed the Holy Grail.

The prologue with everyone was nice. Especially the banter between Taiga and Lolisviel. And I'm glad, that Tsunderin survived.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 21, 2017 7:50 PM
Dec 2016
Realta Nua "last episode" tells us how it ends (they get their happy ending). The author wrote is an epilogue.

Last episode was written by Nasu as a final epilogue once the game is finished.

"Last episode" can happen in different timelines/routes but it is sure to happen after Fate's true ending. The reason is that it is done as an epilogue for such ending (it actually says epilogue).

Nasu has made epilogues for all 3 true endings. In the original game he did Heaven's Feel true ending epilogue. After some time he did Fate's true ending epilogue "last episode" and recently he's made UBW's true ending epilogue (an 11 page script that was handed to Ufotable in order to make the epilogue episode). All 3 epilogues are sure to happen after each true ending.
"Last episode" can also happen in other timelines though.
Mar 9, 2017 12:14 AM

Apr 2014
Good. Fucking. Riddance.

4/10
Mar 12, 2017 12:50 AM

Sep 2016
Simply magnificent, nothing more ^_^
Apr 30, 2017 3:31 PM
Aug 2012
I just finished watching this anime in one go.
Yesterday, i finished the fate/zero series, both seasons, again, in one go.
I had many outbursts of laughter, felt generally happy.
I'm a man, and as a man does, i shed one lonely tear at the end.
Do i need to say more?
May 4, 2017 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
I had always wanted to see a bit of this series and finally found where to start.

Once I started, the pacing was pretty good in the beginning and it explained everything well. But towards the middle to end, i didn't get the emotional attachment I thought I would with such well known characters like Saber.

The ending was just alright for me too, but I'm happy it ended like that. No bad memories.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
May 21, 2017 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
So many asspulls I had to lower the note to 6.
Jul 12, 2017 8:23 AM

Dec 2015

3/5

A standard "hero's journey" with lots of sudden power revelations and an almost decent love story (Saber's affection growing suddenly after the "sex" moment is laughable despite being a classic movies event). The construction is classic for a 24eps TV show with the first half introducing characters and establishing the heroes and the second part being more about the conflict, changes and resolution (people who complain about the lack of events in eps1-10 must have seen no other full-length show before).
The ambience was well build thanks to the music (but not thanks to the lighting management who desperately tried to enhance a lot of scenes), and the focus on the main characters despite the myriad of people involved (for dubious reasons sometimes) made it possible to tell a story. Meanwhile, the drawings were usually correct (though a few instances were ugly) but didn't counter the mostly uninteresting designs. Apart from maybe a few shots in a certain blade fight, the direction was not up to deliver action nor emotion. It was easy to discern a will to avoid movements even during physical/sword fighting and to privilege shots and energy attacks (less animation needed).
The meaningless villain is a definitive negative point. Also, I didn't personally like most of the reknown figures reinvention (but this has nothing to do with the series itself).

5.5+/10 (German and english lines were funny.)

@CodeBlazeFate Done, it was not what most people want you to think it is.
Rei_IIIJul 12, 2017 10:11 AM
Aug 26, 2017 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
Rei366 said:

A standard "hero's journey" with lots of sudden power revelations and an almost decent love story (Saber's affection growing suddenly after the "sex" moment is laughable despite being a classic movies event). The construction is classic for a 24eps TV show with the first half introducing characters and establishing the heroes and the second part being more about the conflict, changes and resolution (people who complain about the lack of events in eps1-10 must have seen no other full-length show before).
The ambience was well build thanks to the music (but not thanks to the lighting management who desperately tried to enhance a lot of scenes), and the focus on the main characters despite the myriad of people involved (for dubious reasons sometimes) made it possible to tell a story. Meanwhile, the drawings were usually correct (though a few instances were ugly) but didn't counter the mostly uninteresting designs. Apart from maybe a few shots in a certain blade fight, the direction was not up to deliver action nor emotion. It was easy to discern a will to avoid movements even during physical/sword fighting and to privilege shots and energy attacks (less animation needed).
The meaningless villain is a definitive negative point. Also, I didn't personally like most of the reknown figures reinvention (but this has nothing to do with the series itself).

Deen didn't explain Saber's situation but she is different from other heroic spirits as in she is still alive technically. She made a pact with a world entity named Alaya before she died that if she got the grail and realized her wish she would sell her self and become a counter guardian. That's why after destroying the grail by her own will, she was effectively rejecting the deal and being allowed to die.

Kotomine's mentality seems kind of bland in this one but that's how it's meant to be, it gets expanded in Heaven's Feel so look forward to that.
Dec 11, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh...thank God I'm done with this thing.

4/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 30, 2017 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know the source material, but after reading tons of replies I found that this adaptation was good enough. Yeah they might skipped something here and there, change some things for making possible blending other routes, but conclusion seems to be the same.

Anyway, I really loved art and animation in this series. Deen did really great work playing with shading (my God, shading in this series was wonderful). This artstyle and animation looks whole universe better than Ufotable's CG crap. Music was wonderful too, sasuga Kawaii Kenji. Additionally, first opening - just WOW. Direction too (dialogues and characterization >... > black hole >... > action). Connecting everything Deen was able to produce wonderful atmosphere which surely stay memorable for years.

9/10 - this is really unusual for me giving so high score to this kind of series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 23, 2018 3:41 PM

Sep 2016
rsc-pl said:
I don't know the source material, but after reading tons of replies I found that this adaptation was good enough. Yeah they might skipped something here and there, change some things for making possible blending other routes, but conclusion seems to be the same.

Anyway, I really loved art and animation in this series. Deen did really great work playing with shading (my God, shading in this series was wonderful). This artstyle and animation looks whole universe better than Ufotable's CG crap. Music was wonderful too, sasuga Kawaii Kenji. Additionally, first opening - just WOW. Direction too (dialogues and characterization >... > black hole >... > action). Connecting everything Deen was able to produce wonderful atmosphere which surely stay memorable for years.

9/10 - this is really unusual for me giving so high score to this kind of series.

I totally agree.

The animation was overall very good, the story didn't have so many plotholes (ubw was way worse btw), and the action was still good.

People generally define this adaptation as shit just because they forget this anime is from 2006.
bruh
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.