Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2009 5:32 PM

Dec 2008
turkeymeister said:

I always read it as Medea being shocked and grateful at having someone actually extend a helping hand to her, rather than simply seeing her as a beautiful and powerful woman.

That seems like a sensible interpretation. Kazuki, unlike Jason, didn't want anything from her either. I guess even murdering pyschos can fall in love! :)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 29, 2009 9:16 PM

Jan 2009
I really loved this series. The first half, as most have said, was soo slow and boring but after about episode 15 I REALLY got into it! I still have a ton of unanswered questions (Sakura and Rin relationship, Emiya's magical abilities..) but as I've read through these posts it looks like most of them are answered in the VN. The ending was great! I figured there wouldn't be a happy ending for Saber anyway but I loved every bit of the last episode!

10/10 from me!
Feb 3, 2009 6:55 PM
May 2008
MB this ending would not to be so HARD?
I understand - there is no good endings anyway, impossible... she destroy Grail - and disappears. She drinks from it - and become mad like Gilgamesh (Dark Saber??? I HATE THIS). If only grail be not poisoned... It really may grant wish. But only if Grail is PURE. But now its only mass-destruction weapon. And all your wishes will fail.
NO HAPPY END IN THIS STORY.
I'm not smokin' at all. But after watching last series, I take cigarette and hardly smokin' with my friend directly in my room. It's Like Kanon, and Planetarian but even more hard.

Thanks God, there is another story avaliable!!
When I playing in Fate/hollow ataraxia (the VN after Fate/stay night), I really HAPPY when see Saber is ALIVE and even more beautiful !!! And Her smile is so unbeliveable...

Btw, Raider is alive too, and, more, living in Shirou's house, without her mask =)) She is so tall and thin o_O. Caster also still living in the temple, and she have really elven face and ears :)

I sad only with this - I don't understand a single word in japan :(((

Look at this
http://picasaweb.google.ru/old.liquid/Hf#

http://picasaweb.google.ru/old.liquid/Hf2#

Nonetheless, I HATE THIS ENDING. Saber is so unworthily disappeared... Her reward need to be adequate her pain...

Oh, sorry, I forgot something.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4684918/1/Pacis_Vel_Chaos

Author's Note: Well, this chapter turned out quite nicely. I hope I've met the expectations of those F/SN readers that wanted a good end/ those that were outraged that Saber (Arturia Pendragon) died in the end. Don't worry, she won't die...I think. Just kidding.

AlexDCFeb 3, 2009 7:10 PM
Feb 4, 2009 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
Whut.

You found F/SN sadder than Planetarian?

What *are* you smoking?
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Feb 9, 2009 9:08 AM

Dec 2008
Both this and Tsukihime had bittersweet endings lol
Apr 19, 2009 7:13 PM

Sep 2008
Manly tears were shed!
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 28, 2009 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
Was a good show, a solid 7/10, Saber was very bad-ass in my opinion, best character in the show. There was a lot that I felt was left out so I'm eventually going to have to play the visual novel and its sequel because I want to see where things go from here.

#NBHNC
May 3, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
Would have been better if they made the anime follow the unlimited blade works route. I still dun get to see Shiro use it even at the end. The ending battle was just crappy, but im rating it a 9 because for a cliche storyline and stuff it was executed pretty well and the animation aint bad.
May 3, 2009 8:31 AM

Apr 2009
the series is great...love the storyline. i was really sad when archer died, to the point that i almost cried XD. its a pity that shirou and saber didnt end up together....i wish they end up together.....TT^TT
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head.

Put your wishes into the memories you do not want to forget.

May 13, 2009 12:02 AM

Aug 2008
Ending seriously surprised me.
Kudos to that
May 15, 2009 2:41 AM

May 2009
Great anime, but a shitty ending. An ending is supposed to make you feel like watching the show was worth the time. This ending had the opposite effect on me.
Jun 5, 2009 11:52 AM

May 2009
I have mixed feelings about this one.

Pace sure was slow.... characters were mediocre aside from a few.....

But the ending did make an impact and left alot of sad feelings... Even though it was crystal clear....
Jun 5, 2009 7:02 PM
Apr 2009
Itsuru said:
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!! EYAAAAA! I so so so so hate endings like this, why can't there be a happy ending?

I'm with you.
I would like Shiro and Saber to be together in the end and live happy.
Jun 18, 2009 4:37 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't like the ending,it was kinda bad.
I was hoping that saber could remain with Shirou,in a perfect happy ending.
I''m obsessed with happy endings,if an anime ends bad i'll hate it for the rest of my life.XD
Jun 19, 2009 2:45 PM

Oct 2008
Shiro annoyed me enough to downgrade the show from an 8 to a 7
Interesting setting and premises utterly ruined by slow pacing and unreasonable ending. Okay...so Gilgamesh was all powerful and whatnot and seemed like the Father is unbeatable, and all the sudden stab and slash, they are dead...brings back memories of the "You killed berserker 7 times in one blow!" scene, not good.
Jun 22, 2009 3:28 PM

May 2009
Hmm... So I just finished this anime. I guess it was okay, the animation was good but there was something with the style that I didn't like, it was too clean or something.

The story was crap and didn't have me interested at all. Same for most of the characters, especially Shirou. He was so annoying and his voice... I usually don't find his voice actor that annoying in other animes. UGH, I completely hated him.
Only characters I really liked were Archer (but he died...) and Gilgamesh.

Can't say that I enjoyed the anime too much.. I really don't know if I should give it a score of 5 or 6. But now that I think about it, I guess it was a little above average so I'm gonna give it a 6.
Jun 28, 2009 9:46 PM
Apr 2008
What a sad, sad ending... yeah, whatever. The ending was expected and predictable, at least for me that is. This episode doesn't do much to redeem the series for me with all the problems and holes it's got, not to mention the sheer obscurity of the plot and characters (OMFG, KING ARTHUR VS HERACLES VS GILGAMESH VS MEDEA VS etc etc etc...). All the characters are standard and to-the-point archetypes (tsundere, loli, shitty male lead, etc). I must say, the use of such mythological figureheads was interesting, yet obscure.

As much as people have talked about this series positively, to me, there was almost nothing worth talking about. The only real thing that keeps me from giving this series a 5 or lower is that it kept me laughing. The plot and characters got so ridiculous at times I couldn't help but laugh then facepalm afterward.

Overall, 6/10. Just too many problems... What I can really say is that it strikes me as a far superior version of Shakugan no Shana.
Jul 2, 2009 9:12 PM

Jun 2009
I just finished watching the last episode today and I am still darn affected by it. I really hated most animes for their open and tragic endings. Though FSN is not that tragic, its not an ending I was expecting...

It made me beg... PLEASE RELEASE A FATE HOLLOW ATARAXIA ANIME!!

Oh, btw... would be alright if someone tell me where I can download an English version of FHA? Thanks a lot...

Darn, the pain and heaviness is still there... aarrghh....
Jul 15, 2009 1:54 PM

Oct 2008
Just as I thought..

An unhappy happy ending..

Thus, Fate/Stay Night cannot be one of my five favorite animes.
Jul 31, 2009 6:06 AM

May 2009
Kira01 said:
Just as I thought..

One thing about Shiro and Archer... Archer was keeping eye on him. If u played the VM he wanted to kill him on UBW route. So he saw that he was going in different kind of way, not hero kind of way, and that is why he was decoy on fight with Berserker, bcs it is not needed to babysit him...
ShweleAug 2, 2009 5:24 AM
Jul 31, 2009 6:13 AM

May 2009
Fatestay night is my favorite anime for 4 years... Character chose is great, story is connected to Saber more then u know it and I <3 her! In all 10/10...

Here is some explanation why did have to be ending like this that I wrote for fans on one site...

She died because she wanted. In anime she says that she is alive and wants to die to full became heroic spirit. She doesn't want to be betrayed, again, by her own people...
She wanted to die but she couldn't because she had Avalon within her. Than she completed contract with Holy Grail War. She competed with the master Emiya Kiritsugu. After war, when Kiritsugu found Shiro, he saw the poor boy was going to die, so he put Saber's Avalon within him. Saber returned to her real life it didn't pass second she was summoned again by Shiro. For her the time was frozen in her real life. She thought: "I can finally die piecefully", but Shiro summoned her. Than he gave back to Saber Avalon so she can beat Gilgamesh. When she destroyed the Holy Grail she returned to her painful death and in her way back her wish was granted, she could die... So she asks her loyal servant, Bedivere, to take her sword and throw it in lake, the same lake that Excalibur (depicting Arthur receiving his sword from the Lady of the Lake) was given to her... And then when Excalibur was separated from Avalon she died.

FIN

If u want there is forum topic that has petition of Fate\stay night season 2 so sign it...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=102778&show=0#post1
ShweleJul 31, 2009 2:19 PM
Aug 7, 2009 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
Saber.... TT_TT

Took that last shot at the end and made it my desktop.

All and all I give this series an 8/10.
Aug 7, 2009 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
To be honest though I didn't care at all for the chararacters. Except mabye Archer But still...

I'm sick of seeing a ending with a character dieing off/leave while leaving their loved one alive. Sure there some reasoning behind it but I dont care for it while during the show they focus on their relationship in the show and right before said character dies/leave they confess there love, while knowing whats going to happen.

Some episodes were done well, (Archers stand off with Berserker, with some great music. But most of it was poor either due poor plot and pacing to crappy dialogue and characters.
Aug 7, 2009 6:41 AM

May 2009
reptilia said:
To be honest though I didn't care at all for the chararacters. Except mabye Archer But still...

I'm sick of seeing a ending with a character dieing off/leave while leaving their loved one alive. Sure there some reasoning behind it but I dont care for it while during the show they focus on their relationship in the show and right before said character dies/leave they confess there love, while knowing whats going to happen.

Some episodes were done well, (Archers stand off with Berserker, with some great music. But most of it was poor either due poor plot and pacing to crappy dialogue and characters.

Well I wrote why is it so crappy ending.And u told that anime sux, but u only watched 9 anime. Plot is awesome. It is more connected to Saber more then u know it. Dialogue are boring a little bcs they are explanations. If u want I can explain some stuff about it that u don't get.
Aug 8, 2009 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Shwele said:
reptilia said:
Well I wrote why is it so crappy ending.And u told that anime sux, but u only watched 9 anime. Plot is awesome. It is more connected to Saber more then u know it. Dialogue are boring a little bcs they are explanations. If u want I can explain some stuff about it that u don't get.
Nah.. I think I've watch quite a bit more than 9 shows ^^ I just dont spend the time with going through lists and adding anime, and I doubt I every will.

It not that I dont understand it, more-so I just didn't like how they done alot of things, and while as I said the endings had its reason, I'm just tried of seeing such a simliar type of ending here like in alot of other shows. I find it unsatisfying 95% of the time. Good thing for me this time since i couldn't care less about the main couple in the show.
Aug 9, 2009 4:09 AM
Apr 2008
Clearly 24 episodes weren't enough to wrap up the series. Many of events which took place in visual novel are missing, but however overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this series.
Aug 15, 2009 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Didn't like this series too much. There were too many times where they learned new techniques to save the day. Also a lot of the reasonings for events and phenomena that occured throughout the series were way too impractical. Overall I gave this series a 6/10, Saber and Tohsaka were the only parts that made this tolerable for me.
Aug 31, 2009 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
Overall an Ok anime. I agree with a lot of reviews on the pacing and character development. With 24 episodes you would have hoped for more development, but it just felt shoe-horned in. The ending, however sad (and did suck) is typical in some sense. Asian story-telling has an almost Greek tragedy quality to it, where love loss is the norm. It is American (Western if you will) to want to wrap up everything into happy endings. I for one, would have like to have seen Saber continue her dream. Would it not have rocked at the final shot with the plushie lion, if it fell over and Saber came by and straightened it..fade to black.
Aug 31, 2009 1:26 PM

Jul 2007
yakyuu-addict said:
Didn't like this series too much. There were too many times where they learned new techniques to save the day. Also a lot of the reasonings for events and phenomena that occured throughout the series were way too impractical. Overall I gave this series a 6/10, Saber and Tohsaka were the only parts that made this tolerable for me.

Only once in ep 15 Emiya projecting Excaliburn was the only thing fitting with your description. About the reasonings and events part : It is indeed true that the anime leaves a lot of importand staff from VN. Still if you havent played the VN besides some minor questions you shall have no problem with the way the things moved on.
Sep 1, 2009 5:30 PM

May 2009
Lepchin17 said:
Saber.... TT_TT

Took that last shot at the end and made it my desktop.

All and all I give this series an 8/10.

did the same as you. Saber's ending made me so sad :(
Oct 1, 2009 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
blackfeather_58 said:
I found the pacing to be terrible; it pretty much ruined the show for me.

Yeah I totally agree. The ending was fairly lame too. Overall I'll give it 7.5/10

Storyline 8/10 - There was potential for a really good story but some parts were jumbled up or hurried which comes from 3 different stories from the Visual Novel being put together I guess

Characters 7/10 - Some of them were cool (Saber, Archer, Gilgamesh) others annoyed me (Shirou, Tohsaka, Ilya) and some didn't appear enough or get enough story (Lancer)

Animation 7/10 - Nothing wrong with it, it was just a bit generic for my liking and not enough awesome effects in the fights.
Oct 7, 2009 10:48 PM

Jun 2009
I throughly enjoyed this anime, giving it a 8/10, i hated the ending, i hated half the characters, but other than that.. pretty solid enjoyable anime. It wasn't a HORRID ending, just not the one i wanted + could've been so much better. Nuff said!
Oct 24, 2009 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
hm...I didn't like the ending :-P
Didn't Shirou already convince Saber, that she hasn't to go back in her time?
But still, at least this anime had an "original" ending, I think.
Overall, this anime was, to me, definitely over standard, if compared to the "standard shounen"-stuff, where never someone really dies and that stuff^^
I'm thinking between 8 or 9 points. I'll give first 8 points and change it when I decided^^
Nov 2, 2009 4:44 PM

Nov 2009
Kira01 said:
Just as I thought..

Because Archer fulfilled Shirou's ideal and became a superhero, but in the end realized that his dream was a fake, and everything he did was a mistake. He hates being a guardian so he tries to kill Shirou in the hopes that if his former self dies, then he too will disappear.
Nov 20, 2009 7:54 AM

Dec 2008
1 of my favorite anime i give it a 10/10
Nov 22, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Nice series, but it wasn't as epic as I'd hoped it would be...but enjoyable no the less. I don't get why people are knocking the animation cause I found it to be absolutely stunning. THORA subs are awesome!

8/10

Dec 1, 2009 10:23 AM

May 2008
Kinda dislike the ending, but good (7/10) anime overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2009 7:38 PM

Jun 2009
One of the best things about this show was the ending, which I thought was well done. I'm still not a big fan of either Saber or Shirou as characters, in fact I liked Rin and Archer far more than them two by the end. As others have said, there were a ton of plot holes and not every ones relationships were explained.

7/10
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 6, 2009 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
I really hope that I'd like this show more. This is the show, that all my childhood friends and little cousin love with a passion... They kept recommending it to me, as well as talk about how great it is...

But I have to be honest, I don't enjoy this show. This show bored me more than it entertained me.

Story:

Characters:

I originally planned to give this show a 5... As much as I don't like the show... Tohsaka Rin's character and Archer's fight scene have made more then some impression on me...

I dig deep into my memories and try to remember the bits and pieces of the show that entertained me little by little... forcefully boost it up to 6...

I am being extremely biased/generous for this show...
AirStylesDec 6, 2009 5:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
Admittedly, the weakest part of the anime is that it's an anime for the fans of the VN. A lot of characters seem to have no point and plot holes are abundant.

I love the anime, however, this might be because I have read the VN. I can't help but be biased.
Dec 16, 2009 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
Ah, I really enjoyed this anime. I knew what was going to happen, having played through the visual novel first, but it still really hit me at the end. Sure, a lot was cut, but I still enjoyed it. Though I'd recommend that people play the visual novel for the full experience, so much more emotional playing through it yourself and so much more depth to the story and the characters, especially with three arcs to cover.

Dec 18, 2009 5:17 PM
Jul 2009
I think that the ending was probably the best episode for me. It was kinda sad but VERY good.

There were many questions left without answers, like Archer's true identity and possible connection to Saber. I was surprised he was killed halfway through the anime. :|

Overall, I give it 8/10.

Again, beautiful ending! ^_^
Jan 2, 2010 3:16 PM

May 2008
The series was ok..
Jan 18, 2010 8:46 PM

Aug 2008
Epic ending.... Thought it was going to be cliched.... Well it was kinda cliched... but man... there couldn't be a more awesome ending to it... In the end Shirou's wishes were granted... to the cost of letting go his beloved one... but just as xXxHOLiC explains us... and show us perfectly fine, we have to pay with a equal amount the weight of what we wish for... In this case.... The Grail's destruction...

The episode itself can be seen as two different parts... the Emotional one... and the final showdown one.... the emo one was nice... after all everything that happened on that part of the epi was awaited... But Saber saying that she loves Shirou? Okay that wasn't in my books... Well I guess that's what made this ending a nice one

Yes it was rather sad... but Shirou is sound and well and everyone else besides Saber is alright and there... Yet strings were left untied.... That's something that annoys me of most cases... but just because it's an adaptation of a TYPE-MOON game and VN I won't be arguing about it anymore...

Poor Shirou... Well... At least everything is solved now... And maybe Rin-chan will be able to make Shirou fall for her... that little talk before school was a nice start... GO RIN!!!

Overall the show had awesome Sound and Animation, the Characters and the Story is rather weak.... 10 for S&A... 8 for Story, 7 to Characs and 9 for enjoyment... rounds to a 9 Overall in my books... but I will give it an 8 just because the first half was quite slow for me!

Signs,
Green
Jan 24, 2010 5:42 AM

Nov 2009
Mmm the anime ended, but i still don't know the signifigance of the flashbacks of emiya and the close-up of that amulet after archer died.
for me it was Archer > Saber > Assassin as my favourites..In the end all 3 were dead lol.
overall, decent anime i enjoyed watching it. I hope they make another series...though im not quite sure what they could base it off
Jan 27, 2010 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
Good art and animation of the anime, but they should have sticked to just one path (Fate in this case). The Caster are was no doubt the worst.

I'll give it a 8/10 and if someone asks me if it is worth watching, I'll say "Read the VN first". While many VN's can be hard to read, I found FSN VN to be addicting and easy to read even for those who don't like VN's... not to mention that UBW and HF would probably satisfy a lot of people here more then the Fate path did.
Jan 30, 2010 4:16 PM

Jan 2010
It was a good anime, really enjoyed the series.
But many parts were rushed, and didn't explain properly.
The ending, was great but could extend a little more.. like Shirou goes with Rin or so.
Or something happens that Saber could get back :P
But I give it a 9/10
Jan 31, 2010 2:35 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man, even though it was rushed a bit, and some very important scenes from the VN didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, this is still a very good anime. I loved watching certain scenes such as Berserker fighting archer, the last battle, and such, animated. I just feel, as good as this is, the emotions don't go as deep as the original, but that's to be expected in the more fast-paced anime. This deserves a 9/10 for me, and even still the VN is definitely incomparably better and cannot be missed if you want to fully enjoy Fate/stay night. It's the sorta game(story?) that you actually feel nostalgia for, definitely worth getting it. Looking forward to that movie of Unlimited/blade works.

Feb 6, 2010 7:43 AM

Sep 2009
One of the best anime..loved it...kinda sad at the end...
Feb 7, 2010 11:26 AM

Jan 2010
Defiance said:
I really liked this story overall, but the ending is what really held me back from rating this a 9, absolutely HATED the ending. The "ok, we worked up all this romance just to say peace out at the end" crap.

Other people might have enjoyed the emo ending but I really think that with all the shit the main characters went through, they should deserve a happily ever after together.

EDIT:rated it a 7 overall

*nods*
I was thinking the same thing. They could have made a better ending, it didn't have to be so bitter.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.