Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2011 8:47 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Little pecker, made me giggle.

It's gotten worse since it became episodic again.
May 27, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2010
One of the best episodes. Puppetmon is a cool Digimon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jun 2, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
lolol It's true. I actually felt really bad for Puppetmon in that moment. (T_T)
"You are a god damn idiot. I'd like to prove this mathematically if I may: Take your current age... Now subtract ten years from it. Were you smart back then? Of course you weren't! You were a god damn idiot! The fact of the matter is you're still as big an idiot today; its just going to take you ten more years to realize it." - Church
Jun 29, 2013 9:07 PM
Oct 2010
matt quit being a little bitch
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 21, 2013 9:24 PM

Feb 2011
Yamato getting all emotional. :'( I do understand him but Taichi is right too. They do need to process what's happened, but they don't have time for too much. And some people deal better by pushing it aside until they can process it when the time comes.

*whispers* Yamato has a baggy butt~

Not the best time for a heart to heart but I think it's important.

Yamato crisis... Think he has some issues to work out. @_@

I think Yamato is afraid of losing Takeshi again, including losing him to 'growing up'. If Takeru grows up, can take care of himself, then he 'won't need Yamato' anymore.

Yamato is just one of those people who has a few childhood issues and therefore gets easily riled up/emotional about certain issues.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 9, 2013 9:42 PM

Apr 2010
I kinda feel bad for Pinnochimon, he seems like the kinda Digimon that could have been a good Digimon, but got raised badly/wrong and ended up evil. that friend moment was really kinda sad for me.
Apr 10, 2014 8:52 AM
Mar 2013
Finally, one dead Dark Master so far. It looks like puppetmon is next. He's a pretty funny digimon. It was funny to see all the characters get transported and switched around everywhere.

Especially when Puppetmon turned Tai up-side down ^^ I feel bad for Puppetmon though. I think he just needed a good friend and he wouldn't have been so bad.
May 12, 2014 9:49 PM

Apr 2008
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt bad for Puppetmon.
Jul 9, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2013
Sasuke10271994 said:
I kinda feel bad for Pinnochimon, he seems like the kinda Digimon that could have been a good Digimon, but got raised badly/wrong and ended up evil. that friend moment was really kinda sad for me.

Politoed said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt bad for Puppetmon.

This is the episode Whamon died in for me BTW.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 15, 2015 11:21 AM
Jun 2012
God, Takeru is such a little shit. He's too young to be in his rebellious phase. Yamato is totally in the right here.
Feb 27, 2015 4:03 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm....I kinda feel bad for Pinnochimon.
Jun 18, 2015 6:36 AM

Mar 2015
Puppetmon looks like he's going to go on a warpath
Jun 17, 2016 7:59 AM

Feb 2013
Pinocchimon is a lonely kid, lol.
Yamato and Taichi are arguing again, annoying.
Jan 30, 2017 4:22 PM

Dec 2010
Sasuke10271994 said:

True.

It is quite refreshing to see a bad guy with some depth and personality. MetalSeaDramon was cool and funny, but he was rather generic. Puppetmon on the other hand is pretty interesting. And cruel. He killed those two digimons for "lying" - child-like mentality, spot-on.
Feb 21, 2017 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
Wow! Just... wow.
They've deleted so many scenes in the dubbed version. So weird...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Apr 2, 2018 7:53 AM

Apr 2017
Takeru is surely growing up
Pinocciomon seems like a fine enemy when he's angry. He, along the other dark masters, doesn't hesitate to kill his enemy. Really nice to see that kind of enemy.

AlexTrusk said:
Wow! Just... wow.
They've deleted so many scenes in the dubbed version. So weird...

>seeing it dubbed instead of in it's original language
>not knowing murricans degrade their entertainment to the point it is unwatchable
you get what you seek for

--------
Apr 2, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
argentino_kek said:

>seeing it dubbed instead of in it's original language
>not knowing murricans degrade their entertainment to the point it is unwatchable
you get what you seek for

Don't worry, I actually watched the original version. It's just I have been checking dub from time to time for comparison... Comparison was not in favor of the dub...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Apr 2, 2018 1:57 PM

Apr 2017
AlexTrusk said:

Don't worry, I actually watched the original version. It's just I have been checking dub from time to time for comparison... Comparison was not in favor of the dub...

Dub is almost always worse than sub , especially in anime.
In Digimon case, there are few details that are omited or added unncessarily. For example, the weapon scenes from Puppetmon were omitted in american's version.

Most of the sub/dub changes are trivial, but if i were to give a recommendation it would be to always watch it subbed if possible.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 9, 2020 12:55 AM
--------
Aug 13, 2018 6:57 AM
Mar 2018
Man two more bite the dust. Really surprised at how much death this show has had.

It was a good episode overall. The parts with Puppetmon controlling the kids with Voodoo dolls were pretty cool, and the action scenes were very intense.
Jan 24, 2019 8:10 AM

Apr 2009
For those who are interested, this site lists all the differences between sub/dub in all episodes of all digimon series:

http://digimon-jp-and-en.tumblr.com/masterlist
Mar 24, 2020 4:40 PM

May 2008
I guess the reason for Yamato's clinginess is that he's taking the digimon's deaths hard? And he needs to feel like he can protect someone so he defaults on Takeru? Who isn't interested in being coddled anymore for some reason. It's good in essence, but it feels a bit rushed or something. Doesn't quite hit; comes off more annoying or like Yamato is a whiny bitch.

I suppose it's because when the other two digimon died from Vamdemon, Yamato didn't have nearly much trouble despite calling them his friends. So there's no baseline. It's obvious Yamato has abandonment issues but I don't feel like those issues are utilized here efficiently. It could be because of quantity in a short amount of time too, I guess.

Also real GUNS. Good old days where guns were in kids anime and used on them. You won't see that much anymore.

Sasuke10271994 said:

Same. If Takeru wasn't a jerk, we may have had a redemption arc for a villain for once.
Oct 8, 2020 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
Mimi remembered Wizarmon.
Yamato.
Hikari hears a voice.
Pinocchimon.
A 44 Magnum.
Taichi disappeared.
Damn Takeru.
Dat switching.
Oh shit! Pinocchimon gave Takeru a gun. It started firing.
Oh shit! Pinocchimon shot them. They're dead.
Kiwimon. Adult.
Dat theme. Agumon.
Patamon.
Takeru dodging them bullets.
Gabumon can't warp-shinka.
lol at the two digimon minding their own business.
Dat theme. Birdramon.
Yamato, don't you dare yell at Sora.
Takeru is back.
Yamato leaves.
Pinocchimon.
Dat ending.

Yamato on his shit again. Love seeing Pinocchimon use real guns.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.