Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2011 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
I have both fond and sad memories of this series since this particular anime adaptation of "A Dog of Flanders" was aired and dubbed in Tagalog on ABS-CBN Channel 2 here in the Philippines when I young. We don't have our own TV then so I had to resort to watching it in our neighbor who had one, along with the rest of the neighborhood kids during the morning airtime slot. LOL

Even now while writing this post, I vividly remember myself crying when I got home after watching the final episode. TT_TT I think I was 9 or 10 years old back when this was airing but I never imagined life and the world can be so goddamn insensitive and outright cruel, then this anime showed me... sniff, sniff. X(

Man, I feel old already. XD Anyway it was sad but I still think this series was a great part of my cherished childhood memories.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 23, 2012 12:38 AM

Mar 2009
so am I... I cried a river XD

Seems like i cant find a file of this series anywhere.... i want to re-watch this....
LiLSataniaNov 23, 2012 12:44 AM
Nov 23, 2012 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
LiLSatan said:

Seems like i cant find a file of this series anywhere.... i want to re-watch this....

Most kids from our generation (who watched TV that time, I mean who doesn't? LOL) most probably remembered the morning and afternoon anime timeslots. Holler me if you find a decent sub for this. As of this post, only ARR subbed it and they only did the first episode.

I want to re-watch this and Thunder Jet too. TT_TT
Nov 26, 2012 12:12 PM

Mar 2009
tofei said:
LiLSatan said:

Most kids from our generation (who watched TV that time, I mean who doesn't? LOL) most probably remembered the morning and afternoon anime timeslots. Holler me if you find a decent sub for this. As of this post, only ARR subbed it and they only did the first episode.

I want to re-watch this and Thunder Jet too. TT_TT

cant find the one made from 1992, only the one from 1975 are available... Hope ARR or Licca pick this one up...

im Rewatching Thunder Jet too... although the quality are bad... but better have it than nothing... its available in bakabt~
Dec 5, 2012 10:18 PM

Apr 2009
LiLSatan said:
cant find the one made from 1992, only the one from 1975 are available... Hope ARR or Licca pick this one up...

im Rewatching Thunder Jet too... although the quality are bad... but better have it than nothing... its available in bakabt~

The 1992 adaptation was the one we've seen and not the earlier one, I think. And the one I'd still prefer because of the memories. TT_TT

Yeah I was waiting for a long time now for somebody/anybody to take the challenge and sub the one being tracked in bakabt, whose present sub are uhmm pardon me... shite. There was somebody in YT offering the entire series (bootleg, of course) and in Tagalog no less, probably ABS-CBN broadcast cap/rip which I would be certainly be delighted to see as long as it's watchable. I can't find it anymore because the link was no longer available.

Ah well maybe it'll be subbed in our lifetime...

or the world ends sometime this month anyway!
May 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
I managed to find all the Italian dubbed episodes, and I know Japanese episodes are around, but for some reason two are missing.
Jun 29, 2014 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
lol i also watched this on ABS-CBN with filipino dubbed back in the 90s and i was like 8-10 years old too at that time and yep my vivid memories of this anime is that its very heart touching and dramatic that i cried a lot too
Dec 31, 2014 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
It seems ABS-CBN will do re-run of this starting Jan.5, 2014 9:30 AM. I will find time whenever possible to see this! I wonder if they changed the old Filipino voices two decades ago?

I think I'm old enough... LOL but just anticipating and to be able to watch this again, oh the memories are already coming back to me now...
Dec 31, 2014 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
I wasnt able to watch this during 90s, might consider trying to watch this when it reruns
Aug 31, 2017 2:09 PM
May 2015
I was born in 1999. Lol.
Looks like a nice anime-
Two characters?
Explaining power is over 9000 on that main photo oh my Allah
Aug 31, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
SerhaTR0483 said:
I was born in 1999. Lol.
Looks like a nice anime-
Two characters?

Well it is a good anime adaptation of Marie Louise de la Ramée's 1872 novel but I'm just honestly speaking from my own bias because I haven't even read the novel yet. LOL From wikipedia:A Dog of Flanders.

Yup, two main characters, a poor but talented boy and his dog, Patrasche.
Aug 31, 2017 10:13 PM
May 2015
tofei said:
SerhaTR0483 said:
I was born in 1999. Lol.
Looks like a nice anime-
Two characters?

Well it is a good anime adaptation of Marie Louise de la Ramée's 1872 novel but I'm just honestly speaking from my own bias because I haven't even read the novel yet. LOL From wikipedia:A Dog of Flanders.

Yup, two main characters, a poor but talented boy and his dog, Patrasche.

Thanks for info
Wow
MAL says "You have to write 15 character or more"
Character character

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flanders no Inu, Boku no Patrasche Episode 26 Discussion

valoon - Feb 1, 2023

0 by valoon »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:21 PM

» Japanese episodes are on Veoh!!!

Firechick12012 - May 9, 2011

0 by Firechick12012 »»
May 9, 2011 5:29 AM

» Found Arabic episodes

Firechick12012 - Nov 30, 2010

0 by Firechick12012 »»
Nov 30, 2010 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.