Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2008 5:53 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gawd, Renton acts like a tard sometimes. Acting on his own will, because HE thought it was best. A child is just a child I guess.
Poor Eureka....
Oct 22, 2008 11:42 AM

Nov 2007
I think the people were acting waaay more like 'tards then he was.
"AAAA SHE'S A VODAREK SHE'S EVIL WHY IS SHE ACTING DEAD?"
really. The fact that there are people like this makes me sick to the stomach.
Nov 17, 2008 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
interestint concepts and stoof brought up in this episode.

im liking this more and more...
Jan 21, 2009 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
aero said:
Gawd, Renton acts like a tard sometimes.

Hahaha, yeah he can xD

MaiZorbescu said:

I know they sounded so stupid. She obviously was a sick girl in need of medical attention =(

Feb 4, 2009 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
AGHHH
His "parents" are so cool. They put up with this shit and retarded actions, and they still care about him, even though they just randomly picked him up. I hope they continue through the series and dont end up getting blown up by the Gekko.

Jun 11, 2009 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
Ahaha yeah, Renton can act really stupid sometimes... But his 'parents' are indeed awesome. If he was on the Gekko State ship he'd probably have been beaten around by Holland and yelled at, but his 'parents' were super understanding and stuff! Aww! I almost don't want Renton to go back to Gekko State... Poor Eureka though. Was funny when Hilda was being all ninja and then it all went to waste. XD
Jun 15, 2009 2:09 AM

Jan 2009
It's cool to see this show tackle such controversial issues of religion, discimination, military control, etc. It definitely has exceeded my expectations in terms of scope and storytelling ability. Nothing is really straight-forward and I don't really know what direction the show is headed. I'm glas that I can watch a show a unique as Eureka 7

Sep 3, 2009 5:09 PM

Jun 2009
This episode just felt like Renton taking a trip to America xD
You know, booo, shes a vodarek who is known to have terrorists which blew up something and killed a lot of people who were close to us SHES EVIL! Let's invade and steal their oil while we're at it!

Wait, maybe they'd want to steal their Trapar?
Ah, who gives a damn, rly ;D
Jan 29, 2010 1:05 PM
Jan 2010
merle_noir said:
Ahaha yeah, Renton can act really stupid sometimes... But his 'parents' are indeed awesome. If he was on the Gekko State ship he'd probably have been beaten around by Holland and yelled at, but his 'parents' were super understanding and stuff! Aww! I almost don't want Renton to go back to Gekko State... Poor Eureka though. Was funny when Hilda was being all ninja and then it all went to waste. XD
I totally agree with you! I think his new situation is great. They are understanding of him and give him positive reinforcement. Where as, just as you said, if he were at Gekko State, Holland would have beaten the shit out of him. I think Holland is an immature prick... I really don't like how he treats Renton. I too hope that Renton stays where he is.
Apr 27, 2010 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah Renton is in good hands now but i think they will soon face gekko becouse of Ray mission i think they had'nd accidentally picked him up.
Jun 2, 2010 10:43 AM

Nov 2009
Since Renton escaped from Gekko, this show has changed so much i barely can believe my eyes :)
And i must admit it is a good change.
Jul 16, 2010 2:22 AM
Feb 2010
Man i feel happy for renton. He has found a good family at last though I can see both of them dying for some reason
John21Jul 16, 2010 2:35 AM
Aug 4, 2010 7:52 PM

Feb 2008
God damned Vodaracs
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime
Aug 18, 2010 5:10 AM

Oct 2008
Charles and Ray are the greatest characters ever
Aug 30, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2009
Why no 'tsuzuku' this time?=[
Oct 5, 2010 7:17 AM
Jan 2008
Charles and Ray wins the best parent in anime ever.
Nov 29, 2010 10:15 PM

May 2009
Wow, really. This episode really tugs at the heartstrings. In multiple places.

Crowning episode of heartwarming, at just 23/50! Wow...

MaiZorbescu said:

And then suddenly you realize how much people do this in real life. I mean, just think of anti-Muslim sentiment in the U.S. shortly following 9/11...

merle_noir said:
Was funny when Hilda was being all ninja and then it all went to waste. XD

That gag was obviously bound to happen at some point.

ColdBeans said:
It's cool to see this show tackle such controversial issues of religion, discimination, military control, etc. It definitely has exceeded my expectations in terms of scope and storytelling ability. Nothing is really straight-forward and I don't really know what direction the show is headed. I'm glas that I can watch a show a unique as Eureka 7

I really do like how many themes this show has involved. And I'm also intrigued by the direction of the show. I mean, I've heard a bit about the ending, but I really do find myself wondering how it's going to get there...

...and that's a good thing.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 4, 2010 10:29 PM

Mar 2009
Well it seems renton is loving it with Ray & Charles, but finally Eureka is expressing more on how she really feels about Renton, and it was pretty sad how she was sitting in his room at the end looking depressed.

Jun 5, 2011 6:46 AM

May 2011
I didnt think Charles and ray would be that cool when i first saw them dancing there.. but then they turned out to be the best parents ever!!.. Renton really should have stayed with them rather than going back to gekko-go or smother place.. cuz I lyk Charles and ray more than the Gekko crew..
Aug 22, 2011 5:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of this series. The storywriting is top notch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 7, 2011 6:59 AM

Oct 2010
I think that Ray and Charles being nice to Renton is simply an act. They're not stupid, considering the line of work they're in they should know exactly who Renton is. Maybe they'll turn him in later on or something. Or not and they'll live happily ever after..
Sep 21, 2011 2:54 PM

Aug 2010
Best fucking episode yet
Nov 3, 2011 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Supergrunt8 said:
I think that Ray and Charles being nice to Renton is simply an act. They're not stupid, considering the line of work they're in they should know exactly who Renton is. Maybe they'll turn him in later on or something. Or not and they'll live happily ever after..

I'm pretty sure Charles noticed the Gekkostate wheel (or whatever it is called) on Renton's board pretty quick. And as it was shown a few episodes back that Charles has some sort of grudge with Holland, I think it is quite clear that they are just using him.
Jan 23, 2012 4:12 PM
May 2009
Ray and Charles behaviour ain't an act, they're just treating a kid like a kid. That's the difference between them and Gekko which made Renton so comfortable. Still, a few episodes ago Renton was annoyed about him being such a kid. I guess he doesn't realize the difference yet; I wonder what did he want to say on the start when he was thinking about the differences between Gekko and his new home - he said "There I was only...". Did he want to say he was only a drudge of sort? Probably. While he was only treated as an equal member of their little community, unlike in Charles and Ray's case. They treat him like a son and put an emphasis on his adolescence (like I said in the previous episode's discussion thread).
BTW, I don't like this episode. It breaks my heart ;_; it made me cry (shit, fourth time watching and it still makes me tear up) when the woman shouted in Renton's face "did you think about feelings of people who lost their families?". Renton's immaturity causes pain yet again, but then - Renton finally realizes it. I think all of us can relate to him, even if we didn't take a dying girl who's associated with terorrists to a placel where the people who were hurt in those terrorists' attack resided. I could understand Renton's feelings about this girl though - when only the parents were deciding about the fundamental thing she should decide about - her life, and on top of that, it was related to something as vague and uncomprehensible for ateists as religion.
I missed an "Eureka" at Renton's "I'm so sorry". I guess his stream of thoughts was related to the girl who just died, but at the end he thought "I'm sure I was doing exactly the same up until now, too." (or something along this line) and then went "I'm so sorry". I think it was more headed towards Eureka, especially since the scene was showing Renton and Eureka.
Holland's probably feeling a bit guilty about Renton's runaway (even though Hilda said it's not his fault) and didn't want to take the responsibility and tell Eureka about it, especially since they're all aware that Eureka has fallen for Renton by now. Of course she reacted very emotional. I guess it completely proved her feelings towards Renton to Holland.
Feb 10, 2012 7:36 AM
Jan 2012
Ray and Charles are amazing! The parents of the century.
Apr 6, 2012 12:45 PM

Apr 2009
This episode made me annoyed and sad, but in the right way.

Interesting how far Charles and Ray are acting out the role of caring foster parents considering how Charles reacted when he found out Renton is connected to Gekkostate. Renton accepts the hospitality pretty readily but that's not too weird considering what awesome parents Charles and Ray make :p

Good development for Renton once again, Holland acting a bit more cool for once and Eureka herself seems to be getting better 5/5
VictimOfFateApr 6, 2012 12:51 PM
Apr 11, 2012 5:12 AM

Aug 2009
I love Renton's new "parents". They're awesome for taking in such a shitty kid like him and they're actually enjoying it too. They're giving him the care he needs. Best characters of this show, unlike shitty Renton and Holland.
Nov 20, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2010
The girl didn't do anything wrong. T^T

Poor Renton was so sad that he couldn't save her.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 20, 2013 1:09 PM
Mar 2012
Oh mannnn Renton can be so annoying sometimes! acting out on his own... well he is just a kid ya know. I also feel sorry for eureka cuz' she finally figured out that she has feelings for Renton!
Mar 6, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Looking forward to when Renton sees Eureka again
Apr 10, 2013 8:48 AM
Apr 2012
Vampyda said:
I didnt think Charles and ray would be that cool when i first saw them dancing there

Huh? They were dancing like that BECAUSE they were that cool :P

This show really is getting better and bettter. To be honest i was really skeptical at the beginning and couldn't see the show change so drastically. I'm glad it did.
Apr 23, 2013 9:54 PM

Dec 2010
What's the point of making me like Charles and Ray when I know they would soon become antagonists?

I hope this show manages to surprise me about Charles and Ray. They are the first characters I have liked in this show.
Jun 14, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2012
This really is a joke. Eureka didn't respond to Renton's feeling a single time, but now she's all surprised that he left. Wow, what a surprise.

Jul 8, 2013 10:31 PM

May 2010
Ohhh so he does care about Renton!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 14, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2012
ownosourus said:
This really is a joke. Eureka didn't respond to Renton's feeling a single time, but now she's all surprised that he left. Wow, what a surprise.

Renton did the same thing to Eureka, he kept boasting about how he can pilot the Nirvash and she didn't need to anymore, then when she's getting sick and depressed Renton still continues to boast about it.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 23, 2013 1:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Pandaman0529 said:
AGHHH
His "parents" are so cool. They put up with this shit and retarded actions, and they still care about him, even though they just randomly picked him up.

Yeah, they're really nice people. I love how they actually consider the whole situation as raising an adolescent son. However since I love complaining about Renton, I'm going to complain about him some more :P I think we can all share his thoughts that saving the girl was important, and that the discrimination is stupid. But he is too naive and dense about the whole situation. If feelings and hope could save a person, then so many people would live. He can't just take someone's else's daughter like that and go to another hospital, and then make the whole situation worse because all the victims of the terrorist attack are blaming it one the one girl. Yes what he was trying to do was good, but that doesn't mean it was a good decision. And in the end, somehow I felt like he was more sad than everyone else, even the girl's parents. He has a lot of self-pity, but doesn't realize that he can change himself. I swear he's been going in circles. Character development where?
Sep 17, 2013 9:24 AM
May 2013
Charles is better than "Horeland".
Feb 8, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty awesome episode.

Renton acting on his own again, but at least Holland isn't around to beat the crap out of him because of it. Charles just talks to him about how he thinks it was a noble thing to do.

Im really glad Renton was able to find Charles and Ray, they treat him a whole lot better then that douche Holland.
My Candies:
Mar 10, 2014 3:21 AM

Nov 2009
ProfessorVasuda said:
Renton means well, he just doesn't entirely grasp reality and his limitations. He's naive, but he is just a teenager.

Yep I agree with this statement ^. Poor kid, hang in there. Now he just has to start learning from his actions instead of curling up in a ball of negativity and potato chips.

Samu-tan said:
I love Renton's new "parents". They're awesome for taking in such a shitty kid like him and they're actually enjoying it too. They're giving him the care he needs. Best characters of this show, unlike shitty Renton and Holland.

Hehe I like them too but what's with those clothes?? As far as Renton, yeah he can be annoying but by the end of the show he should be man enough to deserve Eureka. Damn it Holland, hurry up and show Talho some affection.
Jul 19, 2014 12:24 AM

Aug 2013
I was wrong.. Renton is still the same as ever.
But Charles and Ray really care for him.. I don't really mind what they are.
I don't want to see them separate. :(
Oh and Eureka you're a bit too late for that LOL.
Jul 21, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
Charles and Ray are so awesome for putting up with Renton's do-whatever-I-want attitude. Well that's how parents are I guess but they're cooler since he's not even their kid.

Gekkostate treated him like an equal (in a sense) and that's well and good but with the way Renton is, he really needs positive influence and assurance from someone of higher status. Imagine if this happened while he was still Gekko, I'm sure Holland, their 7-year old leader, would have beaten the crap out of him and after the beatdown, everyone on board will just be "Are you okay?" then it's business as usual not sparing a thought about what's going on in Renton's mind.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2012
He fucked up again... but well the way those two handled it was actually pretty nice and now that Eureka knows the truth I do wonder what actions they'll take next!
Dec 7, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Gosh, Renton is really a pro to craft shitty plan xD
Poor him, backfired 10 times harder in his face. But this was the only outcome possible with so little means.

Man, that scene at the end hurt a lot :(
The way Eureka was raising her tone for pretty much the first time with Holland, it gave me goosebumps. Goddamnit, Holland, stop being such a tsundere! Tsundere man always does more damage...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 12, 2014 7:26 PM

Feb 2014
So many message in his ep and ugh that damn lady hurt that girl. Renton folks are really cool.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Aug 5, 2016 8:39 PM

Jun 2016
Heres hoping the crew of the Gekko never find Renton! Yea Holland really cared about about Renton, and showed that care by punching him repeatedly and treating him like total crap.... if thats how you show you care thnx but no thnx.. The show is actually much more interesting with Renton on a different ship! xD
Jun 26, 2017 4:20 AM

Jul 2008
Man Holland such an ass...
Sep 23, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2014
I think Voderac girl reminds him of Eureka you know quiet sick young girl similar looks too, that's why he went to such lengths for a girl he barely knew.

Oct 12, 2017 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
I thought it was really sweet how Renton tried to save the poor dying girl, who was only dying because she was Voderac and the city was attacked by some of them.

I feel sad it didn't work :(

Oct 12, 2017 7:37 PM
Mar 2017
which you are supposed to do when you enter a "hospital". As if hospitals would help people without money ...
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jul 21, 2019 8:28 PM

Apr 2019
Renton is naive, but definitely a really good kid. Yeah, with the Vodarac girl he went too far, but I guess he did nothing wrong to Eureka. Also, I don't know anymore if Charles and Ray are bad or not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.