Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth 2
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2011 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nova and the whole "I am Hikaru" thing reminds me of another work by CLAMP ("I am Kamui" ... lol) of course this is an entirely different situation. Nice episode (:
May 1, 2015 7:39 PM

Feb 2014
Good episode, nice action .

I'm beginning to think that Nova is just a monster based on Hikaru's guilt in her heart for killing Zagato and Emeraude. Or maybe she's a monster for all of the magic knights because they all feel guilty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2016 6:00 AM

Apr 2011
"But what are you doing, worrying about your enemy?" Oh, shut the fk up, Eagle. He's already told you like on three separate occasions that you're his dear friend, his best friend, and that he doesn't want to kill you. I s2g, Lantis. There are better bffs out there. I guarantee it.

I liked how the original two boyfriends[tm] showed up to help out, followed by Lafarga and Cladina... and I do wish that they'd utilize them better. I really like this supporting cast, and they seem so wasted.

So, my clone theory doesn't seem completely wrong, if she's a part of Hikaru's heart or made out of her fear... that's still like a clone. :b
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 5, 2017 11:57 PM

Nov 2011
It's been happening for awhile now, but I'd like to point out that the way Hikaru is sending fire out of her sword is almost identical to how Lantis sends lightning out of his. It makes me think Hikaru has become a magical swordsman rather than being a magician and a swordsman.

Anyway, the action in this episode was probably the best we've had since the first season. It's obviously still not well animated, but there was definitely a nice sense of tension.
Jul 5, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2020
Finally some non-mech battles. Also, they've been saying it for awhile, but Nova really doesn't look all that much like Hikaru.

I don't know if they can make Hikaru and Lantis anymore awkward together. Lantis already just kind of shows up and stares blankly in just about every scene he is in. It's weird too because he wasn't really like that in the flashbacks. Somehow he evolved into a silent protagonist.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 19, 7:40 PM

Oct 2021
Hikaru needs to fight her own demons to be able to beat Nova.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 23 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Nov 5, 2011

6 by GarouWolf »»
Apr 12, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 22 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 29, 2011

6 by GarouWolf »»
Apr 7, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 20 Discussion

7 by GarouWolf »»
Mar 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 19 Discussion

6 by GarouWolf »»
Mar 17, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 18 Discussion

7 by GarouWolf »»
Mar 17, 8:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.