Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2008 3:35 PM

Jun 2008
I voted for Sex Pistols, but there are plenty more bands I like:
Bad Religion, Public Image LTD, Ramones, The Clash, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Joy Division, Bauhaus, X-Ray Spex, Mutants, Billy Idol, Generation X, Sham69, Bikini Kill, The Vibrators, The Buzzcocks. Also Converge, they're fucking hardcore.
Well, there are my beloved Death From Above 1979 too, but they're an atipic and unique post-punk/garage duo. Don't know if someone here on MAL knows them.
When it comes to punk-rock, I've always loved Blink 182. I also love anything by Pete Doherty/Babyshambles/The Libertines. I also like The Offspring, Social Distortion, Stance Punks, +44, and Transplants.
RenaPsychoKillerJul 4, 2013 6:10 AM

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 31, 2008 8:24 PM

Apr 2008
Lets see... mine are The Adicts, Adolescents, Calabrese, old AFI, Anti-Flag, Conflict, The Cramps, Global Threat, Danzig era Misfits, Samhain, Sex Pistols, TSOL,The Casualties, Lower Class Brats, and Nerve Agents.
UngravefulOct 31, 2008 12:10 AM

Aug 3, 2008 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, AFI are quite good, I love Davey's voice.

Aug 6, 2008 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
WIRE, MINUTEMEN, STOOGES, MISSSON OF BURMA, FUGAZI
SeeSawNov 23, 2011 11:12 PM
Aug 7, 2008 2:04 PM
Jul 2008
well i listen descentendes,pennywise,rancid,bad religion,x-ray spex,crass,discharge,sublime,neurotic outsiders,death from above 1979,articles of faith, jfk,rx bandits,the buzzcocks,strike anywhere,the damned!,the stranglers, etc etc..and of course sex pistolsithe clash,ramones ;)
Aug 8, 2008 12:55 AM

Jun 2008
You know DFA 1979?! you like Bad Religion and X-Ray Spex?! you rock XD

Aug 8, 2008 7:08 AM
Jul 2008
hehe thanks =) you're too RenaPsychoKiller ;) you're the one who listen death from above 1979 that i know..there is noone who listen them around me =)
Aug 8, 2008 8:14 AM

Jun 2008
Yes that's true, no one knows them... I guess that's because they split up some years ago plus their sound was really unique, so they're not famous or popular -__-
It's such a shame cause they fuckin ROCK!!! I love them, also live they're great.
What's your fav song from them btw? Mine has always been Little Girl... that's their first song I've discovered and even if I listen to it 200 times per day I still love it, such an amazing song. But all their songs are ;-D

Aug 8, 2008 1:52 PM
Jul 2008
little girls i really love that song too..you're a woman, i'm a machine was the first song that i listened from them..hmm mine fav song from them is romantic rights or blood on our hands...not choose :P
Aug 8, 2008 4:32 PM

Jun 2008
Blood On Our Hands is love. Not to mention Dead Womb and all the tracks from Heads Up.

Aug 9, 2008 3:33 AM
Jul 2008
yes that EP is really good =)
thewitchofpunkAug 9, 2008 12:06 PM
Aug 9, 2008 4:55 PM

Oct 2007
zomfg 8D

lessee here
The Avengers, Mutants, Richard Hell & the Voidoids, RIK L RIK <3333, Flesh Eaters, X, The Urinals, Buzzcocks, Citizen Fish, X-Ray Spex, Flipper, Ramones, The Clash, The Cramps, The Replacements, Wire, the Dils, the Eyes, The Plugz, Alleycats, Deadbeats, The Bags, Subhumans, TSOL, Television, The Adverts, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Black Flag

gah... i need more time! D:

He likes Celtic mysticism. .. . .
Aug 17, 2008 2:56 PM

Jun 2007
Bad Religion, (old) Green Day, Dead Kennedys, Operation Ivy, Rancid, Violent Femmes, The Bouncing Souls, Gogol Boredello, Streetlight Manifesto. (And Alkaline Trio, if they're not too emo.)
Oct 6, 2008 3:40 PM

Sep 2008
Weeeelllll, I like the Golden Oldies as much as I like the newer ones...

My fave is Sum 41, even though I'm beginning to suspect that they're slowly beginning to advance into the direction of... *shudders* pop punk (pop punk as in, Avril Lavigne, not in Blink 182 or Green Day). Ah well. As long as it's not Hillary Duff style I'm cool with it.

Anyway. Iggy & the Stooges. 8D I just love Search & Destroy. The Saints, Sex Pistols, Adolescents, Billy Talent, the Distillers, Green Day, Antiflag, Bad Religion, Smashing Pumpkins isn't quite punk but they have influences, The Ramones, Blink 182, the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, X-ray spex, Beasy Boys before they turned Vanilla Ice D:, Jimmy Eat World, The Casualties, Elcetric Eels, the Damned and many, many more. I think I forgot a lot. D8

C:

I just love punk so much.
TonboOct 6, 2008 3:48 PM
Oct 6, 2008 3:46 PM

Jun 2008
So you voted "other"? XD
I worship The YYY's, but they're more alternative rock than punk.
Oh well, great list anyway desu. I like Smashing Pumpkins and Billy Talent is not bad.
I've always hated Sum 41.
Are me and thewitchofpunk the only ones who love DFA1979??? I'm in despair T_T

Oct 6, 2008 3:51 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I guess more of my list are more Alt Rock then Punk.. But anyways, I've edited the post since I left out a few bands. I'll probably return tomorrow and after I'm completely awake I'll add even more. xD But DFA1979, hmmm... I'll move them to my needs-attention list. :3
Oct 6, 2008 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
D8

I knew it. I did forget a lot. T-T Sorry, but I'll post another round.

Rancid (OMFG how could I forget), Misfits (they too. How couls I) The Wipers, New Found Glory,The Screamers, Raised Fist, Latex Generation (Fuck me, I'm a rockstar= <3), Death by Stereo.

I give up.
Oct 6, 2008 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
Tonbo said:
But DFA1979, hmmm... I'll move them to my needs-attention list. :3

Fuck yeah :-D
DFA1979 are my gods.

Oct 8, 2008 6:03 AM

Sep 2008
OMFG. 8D

Rena-chan, I'm so glad I downloaded a couple of DFA 1979 songs!
Little Girl, Go Home Get Down and Blood On Our Hands are Looove. *,* And I think I heard Black History Month somewehere before. o.o

Oohh, and do you know Pailhead?? I accidentally downloaded I Will Refuse from them and after the long intro, it's fucking awesome. XD So is Filter with Hey Man Nice Shot. Not really punk but a nice song.
TonboOct 8, 2008 6:08 AM
Oct 8, 2008 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
YAAAAAY :-D I'm so happy you know them now desu.
Little Girl is my 2nd most beloved song in the world (the first one is the purple link I have in my sig) and Blood On Our Hands is my 2nd fav from them. *drools*
Look for Heads Up (that EP is EPic) and their album You're A Woman, I'm A Machine :-3

I Will Refuse is a bit monotonous but good. No Bunny too :-D I didn't know them, thanks. Filter are good desu :-3
RenaPsychoKillerOct 8, 2008 9:04 AM

Oct 14, 2008 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
omg... I can't believe I forgot to mention my beloved Babyshambles and The Libertines :-O
Because, I'm so clever, you're so clever but you're not very nice~

Oct 31, 2008 5:08 AM

Jul 2008
vice squad 999 choking victum dropkick murphys rancid buccaneer
leftover crack us bombs uk subs teenage head wire gen x distillers demics
skids viletones damned eddie and the hotrods the jam sexpistols ramones adverts stranglers the vibrators boomtown rats penatration S.O.A
minor threat dbs afi di swingin utters pinkerton thugs submission hold
luna chicks.................
Nov 1, 2008 8:42 AM

Sep 2008
My boss listens to Punk too, so he was totally surprised when I hummed a few tunes. C: Anyway, he gave me a CD with his favorites yesterday, said I could have it. Moar bands, fuck yeah!

The Ruts - The Buzzcocks - The Skids - The Banned - Radiators From Space - ATV - The Adverts - Wreckless Eric - The Jeevas - Supergrass - Toy Dolls - Dead Kennedys - The Real McKenzies - The Undertones - Stranglers - The Presidents of the United States Of America

C:

I have such a cool boss.
Dec 8, 2008 12:16 PM

May 2008
I joined this club for one reason: to quote this.

RenaPsychoKiller said:
... always loved Blink 182...

open spoiler tags for spammage.

mhm, oh yea, did you know that tom, who used to be in blink, and someone who used to be in teh offspring (adam willard) got together to form Angels and Airwaves? << my obsession, btw. fuck yeah 8D

Angel;s and Airwaves also have ex-members from... (thisll take awhile) boxcar racer, hazen street, over my dead body, rocket from the crypt, alkaline trio, the special goodness, moth, Melissa Auf der Maur, and 30 seconds to Mars :3 even tho theyre not punk, they have a lot of punk-ish roots.

anyway, apart from that, i am really into nofx, screeching weasel, stiff little fingers, and the like :DD

edited for spelling mistakes D:
ASHGARYDec 8, 2008 12:39 PM

Apr 9, 2009 2:02 PM

Aug 2007
Stiff Little Fingers are the best.
Jul 1, 2009 7:53 PM

Jul 2007
Sex Pistols<3
Aug 2, 2009 12:57 PM

Mar 2009
Sex Pistols
Bad Religion
Ramones
and nirvana (grunge) ^_^
Aug 2, 2009 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
Kawaii_Rika said:
Sex Pistols
Bad Religion
Ramones
and nirvana (grunge) ^_^
Classic. + The Clash.

Aug 2, 2009 7:55 PM

Dec 2008
Hmm mostly the popular bands... Yellowcard, The Offspring, Green Day, Sum 41, Blink 182, AFI, New Found Glory, Fall Out Boy, Mindless Self Indulgence, Billy Talent, Good Charlotte, The Ataris, Bowling For Soup, Simple Plan, Zebrahead, Sugarcult etc... Although Avril Lavigne is kind of pop,especially her last album if she can be counted somehow i love her songs too.
Nov 22, 2009 12:50 AM

Oct 2009
So..
Anti-flag, Ramones, The Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Strung Out, Billy Talent, Rancid, Rise Against, Balzac, Bad religion. Love it! :3
Green Power.
Dec 6, 2009 9:58 PM
Dec 2009
Lets see if I can remember some of 'em. Dropkick Murphys, Suicide Machines, G.B.H., NoFX, Stance Punks, Bloodhound Gang, The Casualties, Left Over Crack, Another Damn Disappointment, The Explosion, Suicidal Tendencies, Andrew W.K., ect. ect.
Dec 27, 2009 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
weeeeeel lets see:
agains me,
bad brains,
bad religion,
billy talent,
exploited,
NOFX,
ramones,
rancid,
reel big feesh,
sex pistols (ofc),
the clash.
those are the most fave ones.
Feb 18, 2010 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
I have to say that I really like Ebba Grön, but maybe that´s because I´m swedish too ^^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Behind a big smile lies a great fear
Feb 20, 2010 12:41 AM

Oct 2009
nofx, rancid, the clash, offspring, ramones,

although im more of a ska punk fan these are my fave punk bands
Mar 4, 2010 6:12 PM

Feb 2010
I'm new to the punk scene so right now I'm into;
Sex Pistols(Sid Vicious=My GOD), The Clash, The Ramones

I'm trying to stay in the 70's punk bands scene.

I don't know if Rage Against The Machine is punk but I listen to them too.(I consider them punk.)
Apr 24, 2010 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
RenaPsychoKiller said:
omg... I can't believe I forgot to mention my beloved Babyshambles and The Libertines :-O
Because, I'm so clever, you're so clever but you're not very nice~

Babyshambles and The Libertines are absolutely my favourite bands!! :)
May 9, 2010 11:50 PM

Dec 2009
This club has hit a pretty dead period but I'll still contribute,
Some of my fav. bands that I used to listen to when I was about 15

FEAR
The Exploited
Sheer Terror
The Adolescents
Circle Jerks

and a bunch of that underground hardcore stuff...
Jul 4, 2010 11:42 AM
Jul 2010
Okay, here's my list. I'm not making much difference between "genuine", proto-, post-punk, new wave and other derivates. My understanding of "Punk" is quite wide anyway.

US:
Velvet Underground
The Ramones
Television
Pere Ubu
Dead Kennedys
Devo
Wipers
Saccharine Trust
Sonic Youth
Bikini Kill
Suicide
Dinosaur Jr.
Teenage Jesus & the Jerks
+ several other more or less punk-ish indie rock bands on SST, K-Records and Matador

UK (+ Ireland):
The Clash
Sex Pistols
Undertones
XTC
The Fall
The Jesus & Mary Chain
My Bloody Valentine
Gang of Four
The Specials

Germany:
Fehlfarben
Mittagspause
S.Y.P.H.
Die Goldenen Zitronen
FSK
Die Radierer
Palais Schaumburg
Der Plan
Östro 430
Abwärts
Nachdenkliche Wehrpflichtige
Ede & Die Zimmermänner
Male
Kolossale Jugend
Tocotronic

...and all the others I forgot.

PS: Hi guys ;)
Jan 26, 2012 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
I've recently re-rediscovered Siouxsie And The Banshees. Good stuff.

@ LeFu

The Jesus & Mary Chain & and My Bloody Valentine are Shoegaze. Love them.

Jul 14, 2012 2:12 PM
Jul 2012
I really love California punk bands. Bands like:

Adolescents
Bad Religion
Agent Orange
Circle Jerks
Black Flag
Dead Kennedys
Descendents
Operation Ivy

I'm also into metal, but that's not relevant to this club.
Jun 6, 2013 1:44 AM
Mar 2012
fugazi, vitamin x, gorillla biscuits, x-ray spex, bikinni fuckin' kill, black flag, T.S.O.L., suicidal tedencies, crasss, dead kennedys, gastunk, joy division, bauhaus

basicaly there are so many awesome bands idk
Dec 9, 2013 4:01 PM

Dec 2013
7 seconds, 59 times the pain, the adicts, adolescents, agent orange, all, anti flag, anti heroes, assorted jelly beans, authority zero, bad religion, black flag, the bouncing souls, buzzcocks, the causalities, circle jerks, the clash, conflict, d.i., dag nasty, dan vapid & the cheats, descendants, dillinger four, the distillers, down by law, dwarves, the exploited, the falcon, fear, g.b.h., gang green, gorilla biscuits, guns n' wankers, guttermouth, h20, hi-standard, huntingtons, iggy/the stooges, jaw breaker, lagwagon, leftover crack, the living end, minor threat, misfits, the mr. t experience, new bomb turks, nobodys, nofx, operation ivy, osker, pennywise, propaghandi, pulley, the queers, ramones, rancid, reagen youth, riverdales, satanic surfers, screeching weasel, sex pistols, subhumans, the suicide machines, swingin' utters, t.s.o.l, teenage bottlerocket, ten foot pole, unit 13, the unseen, the vandals, wasted youth, x, youth brigade, voodoo glow skulls c:
Sep 29, 2015 3:58 PM
Sep 2015
more people need to listen to rancid... also u should add these to the list - daysNdaze, pat the bunny and ramshackle glory
Sep 29, 2015 3:59 PM
Sep 2015
oh and sub humans
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Just to make things clear...

RenaPsychoKiller - Jul 30, 2008

4 by AnarchyToast »»
Dec 9, 2013 4:05 PM

» Characters to add

RenaPsychoKiller - Aug 1, 2008

7 by LeFu »»
Jan 26, 2012 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.