Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 13, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2012
Most boring episode IMO =\
Long, we could some jokes 100 miles away and they were repetitive (the scene where the grandfather dies 3 times and then she wakes up and sees him training... uugh, almost fell asleep, as well as other scenes).
But some scenes were kinda funny, and the ending was surprising.
I wonder what exactly Kanba is doing...
Aug 31, 2014 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
I really missed seeing the Survival Strategy sequence. That was really fabulous.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 15, 2015 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
i was drinking water during that scene when kid Kanba was talking in deep voice and i spit it all over my desk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
Daddy issues are rampant in this series. And yet another character who's a little off her rocker lol. I don't find Natsume as interesting as the other characters but she's okay.

I don't get why she ate the fish. Or both of them for that matter, when she knew one was poisoned. Like... why not just chuck the plates in the pond or throw them in the trash or something? It's not like her brother had any real power over her; I mean she pretty much dropkicked his ass in the pond so he was out of the commission already. I also don't' get how he got possessed... I was under the impression that Natsume was tripping balls or dreaming or something o_o.

Anywho, imagine that, a kid with vivid dreams of murder. Nice. Not that a certain other character from Yuri Kuma Arashi wasn't any different =P The attempts reminded me of them.

Things got really weird in that trip train; not sure if I totally understood that part but it'll probably be elaborated upon in time.

owlpoop said:
i was drinking water during that scene when kid Kanba was talking in deep voice and i spit it all over my desk

DUDE I thought that was so weird too. It was pretty funny though haha. The voice actor for him doesn't even try to sound younger, so it's like [seven year old or whatever walks up] [deep manly voice] "babe i got this"

I've also noticed it before in other flashbacks like the one with the storm and Himari's girlfriend squad and when their parents being terrorists, but it's especially notable here since he looks super young lol.
King_KiashiMay 25, 2015 1:42 PM
Nov 17, 2015 8:58 AM

Feb 2012
Primity said:

i seriously lol'd.
Best part. None of that stock transformation scene last episode, unfortunately so they came back with a funnier one.

My god, who is voicing that English speaking dude?

Man this studio is so cheap, I can almost tolerate the blank white background characters but why couldn't they animate the face of the redhead's grandfather? I thought his face was covered up in the painting because she didn't want to see his face following death. Not to mention they didn't even need to get another voice actor to do Kanba's kid voice (must have hit puberty pretty early).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 6, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2014
Wtf is happening lol. I can't keep up with these episodes anymore XD.
But aside from that, her dad rather resembles the pervy president from Prison School.
Apr 8, 2016 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
I loved this episodes, the use of the Johann Strauss symphony was a good thing.
Great Episode.
Jul 8, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
いかれちまったぜ !
Feb 12, 2017 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Some backstory on Natsume, gramps didn't like his son basically and is funny crazy. Dat survival strategy meeting lol.
Apr 25, 2017 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
this was really ikuhara.
making a tragic story into a silly comedy and all the repetition and the jokes.
it can get pretty boring if done too many times, but i think it came at the perfect point of the narrative.

i still have no idea how this will end.
Nov 13, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 2017
The constant switching between drama and comedy, or drama highly tainted by comedy. I really enjoyed this episode, we finally were able to get a background on the Natsume family and Masako's story, also, now we know what was that thing between Kanba and Masako, he promised he'll be beside her, even when cursed.

But the best thing about the episode...THE TRANSFORMATION IS BACK <3 and i love the maid scene hahahah so freaking hilarious.

Still, this penguin group, the chosen ones, totally intriguing.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 28, 2017 4:48 AM

Dec 2016
nextday said:
All of this. It felt like Nanami's egg episode.

~~war flashbacks
Nov 14, 2018 10:41 PM

May 2015
Grandpa was the shit.
Jan 26, 2019 6:50 PM

Feb 2015
The ending of the episode with Mario being possessed by his grandfather made this episode the worst in the series so far, even though it was pretty fun at first with the dreams and the silent Seizon Senryaku.

Why and how was Kanba there?

"I don't get why she ate the fish. Or both of them for that matter, when she knew one was poisoned. Like... why not just chuck the plates in the pond or throw them in the trash or something? It's not like her brother had any real power over her; I mean she pretty much dropkicked his ass in the pond so he was out of the commission already. I also don't' get how he got possessed... I was under the impression that Natsume was tripping balls or dreaming or something o_o. "

Yeah, this.
SteelingMaxJan 26, 2019 6:54 PM

Aug 9, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2017
Finally some backstory for Masako. Everything Mario-related is still unclear though, he seems to not have aged at all since the time of the flashbacks.
Nov 3, 2019 3:41 AM
Mar 2019
That "Mr. President" guy's English tho
Feb 7, 2020 12:51 PM

May 2016
"I MUST SAVE MARIO-SAN!" *yeets Mario into the pond*
“May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory.”
Feb 28, 2020 8:15 PM

May 2019
This series is pure DISTRACTION, all the time, there is no plot line at all, just watch, empty your mind and relax.

Resistance is futile.

Anyway, i was missing the Triple H's ROCK OVER JAPAN intro to Crystal Princess gags. This is most iconic theme of M.Penguimdrum anime after all:

https://vimeo.com/86173246

I really wanted to take something seriously, try to understand why Mario was possessed by his grandpa, what is the link between Natsume's father and Kanba, why she almost died but was saved by InSanetoshi and what he really wants after all. But it is useless.

It is the typical japanese anime storytelling where the scenes are more important than the content, so nothing will make any sense and in the end the "explanations" will be thrown over the audience without any attention to details, leaving plot holes with the size of the moon.

I hate that. My score for this series will be lowered by 1 entire point if that is the case, lets wait.
Feb 11, 2021 5:35 AM

May 2020
The scenes where she dreamed about killing her grandfather were hilarious. One of the funniest episodes in this series.

Also, Kanba was apparently born with his manly voice.
Sep 1, 2021 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
this is one of the strangest episodes... Is still Masako dreaming after wake up in the end of ep?? I don't know what is real or not real anymore... And were Takakura siblings parents trying to avoid those black suit men get "put the world on tracks" when the apparent "terrorist attack" happened in the subway stations 16 years ago?
May 6, 2022 9:48 PM

Jan 2020
It's incredible that so much happened in the episode, including the survival tactic that was unexpected.

A lot of mixed emotions, ranging from utterly hilarious, tragic-comical and downright tragic and confusing.

magicalgirlpaige said:
"I MUST SAVE MARIO-SAN!" *yeets Mario into the pond*
I wonder how the hell he survived for so long, in that position, so deep in the water, maybe the crazy grandpa's will kept him alive?
eblf2013May 6, 2022 9:51 PM
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Jul 1, 2022 2:26 PM
Aug 2021
Top anime pickup lines.
Mar 20, 12:49 PM

Jul 2016
We are so back to Rock 'n Roll Night. Man did I miss those uncut sequences.

If only Natsume had her own random American attendant that yelled "Ms. President, watch out!" at every incoming threat too.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.