Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 28, 2011 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
Ara Mitama? Oh wow i usually never uses those personas, i find them tiny and ugly ^^;
Yukiko working at her inn was a great addition, i think these flashbacks are really useful and well made :)
So it seems narukami will join the soccer club? And Ai already available? God damn his courage is increasing way too fast ;)
Oct 28, 2011 2:00 PM
Nov 2010
Wow, the episode time sure passed fast! :)
Oct 28, 2011 2:30 PM
Mar 2011
Hmm... This episode has good fighting scenes, and great use of symbolism such as the bird cage, but I feel like there is no suspense while fighting the shadows or the urgency of saving Yukiko before the next fog.

I would say that our protagonists seemed super confident in being able to save Yukiko, which lacks the anxiety that they are supposed to have. I suppose the pacing might be off..?

Regardless, kudos to the BGMs and ED scene. That blank card means a lot.
Oct 28, 2011 3:16 PM

Jun 2010
nurkenn said:
Hmm... This episode has good fighting scenes, and great use of symbolism such as the bird cage, but I feel like there is no suspense while fighting the shadows or the urgency of saving Yukiko before the next fog.

I would say that our protagonists seemed super confident in being able to save Yukiko, which lacks the anxiety that they are supposed to have. I suppose the pacing might be off..?

The thing is, the game gives you plenty of time to prepare before you even have to save someone that gets trapped in the TV world. You never have to save the person right when they get kidnapped. In fact, its better if you hold off a little and work on Social Links before you do. Even if you do go ahead and try and save the person, you usually can't reach the end of the dungeon in one try, so you have to rest for the night and try again another day. This has to do with the calendar and weather system that is also in the anime. I'm hoping they explain this a bit in the next episode.
Riga92Oct 28, 2011 3:23 PM
Oct 28, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
Urgh.. this 'You are not me' business will go on for a little while longer. =___=

And why aren't the characters making their personas use elemental powers!?
I want to see some garus and zios and bufus already (the one yosuke pulled in the last episode doesn't count).

I like the whole cage and bird innovation though. Something fresh for the gamers as well.
Oct 28, 2011 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty intense, same stuff once again though. And it'll repear for how many more times?
But hey, cool bgm and not awful insert song for the first time, that's surely a huge step.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 28, 2011 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
OrochiPL said:
Pretty intense, same stuff once again though. And it'll repear for how many more times?
But hey, cool bgm and not awful insert song for the first time, that's surely a huge step.
theres 4 more people left of the gang but the first 3 were really early in the game next week it should move at a better pace since the story kinda starts here.
Oct 28, 2011 6:23 PM
Mar 2011
Riga92 said:
nurkenn said:

The thing is, the game gives you plenty of time to prepare before you even have to save someone that gets trapped in the TV world. You never have to save the person right when they get kidnapped. In fact, its better if you hold off a little and work on Social Links before you do. Even if you do go ahead and try and save the person, you usually can't reach the end of the dungeon in one try, so you have to rest for the night and try again another day. This has to do with the calendar and weather system that is also in the anime. I'm hoping they explain this a bit in the next episode.

Sadly, I don't think all of those aspects can be fit in nicely in 2-cour. Well, we'll see how the S.Link aspect would play out next week.
Oct 28, 2011 6:27 PM

Sep 2007
Did they get lazy or does the fact that Yukihiko's priestess arcana not showing in the ED sequence imply something you think?
=o

And damn...I thought Narukami NEEDED to pass out someplace at some point in this ep...
I mean...seriously, easily summoning and switching between 3 different persona (immediately after he's 'attained' them) is supposed to be exhausting on him.....
IkanoOct 28, 2011 6:31 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 28, 2011 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
RealScreamer said:
FlashFumo said:

Also, Persona 4 Reincarnation ost is out. Pretty awesome..

Dat OST Glad they got *Heaven* in there but i think the people at atlus have been listening to Catharine music!.
Oct 28, 2011 8:24 PM
Dec 2007
Ikano said:
Did they get lazy or does the fact that Yukihiko's priestess arcana not showing in the ED sequence imply something you think?
=o

And damn...I thought Narukami NEEDED to pass out someplace at some point in this ep...
I mean...seriously, easily summoning and switching between 3 different persona (immediately after he's 'attained' them) is supposed to be exhausting on him.....
Meh, Yu is OP anyway, even in the game. Then Again, Minato was more overpowered that Yu was (he could use ALL weapons and in your New-Game Plus his Level remained the same as in the end of the game). Technically it's supposed to be because he can use all Arcana so his strenght of mind is stronger.

As for the "Priestess not showing up in ED", I didn't notice but no it doesn't mean anything.

Oct 28, 2011 8:44 PM

Feb 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Ikano said:
=o

Meh, Yu is OP anyway, even in the game. Then Again, Minato was more overpowered that Yu was (he could use ALL weapons and in your New-Game Plus his Level remained the same as in the end of the game). Technically it's supposed to be because he can use all Arcana so his strenght of mind is stronger.

As for the "Priestess not showing up in ED", I didn't notice but no it doesn't mean anything.

It means that Yu didnt start a relation (social link) with yukiko yet , i guess.
Oct 29, 2011 12:21 AM

May 2008
Hahaha...

I'm sure those who played the game never expected Ara Mitama to appear.....

Good Ep

Oct 29, 2011 2:39 AM
Dec 2007
Vanisher said:
Leon-Gun said:
Ikano said:
=o

It means that Yu didnt start a relation (social link) with yukiko yet , i guess.
Now that I remembered yeah that's true. I hadn't noticed since Magician and Chariot were unlocked almost instantly but I had forgotten Yousuke and Chie's social links get unlocked almost inmediately after they join the party.

Oct 29, 2011 2:52 AM
Mar 2009
YURIIIIII!

Alright, the last member of this quartet got her Persona, let's move on to plot please?
Oct 29, 2011 7:51 AM

Jan 2010
At least this episode was better than the previous one. Hope they start to slow things down a little bit from now on, but I also hope they don't waste too much time on social link episodes considering they have an average of 3 episodes per arc from now on if they want to cover the game all the way up to the true ending(and considering they have at least 25 episodes to conclude the anime). Sure, some arcs will take longer than others, but still, there's a lot of fun stuff to cover, so I hope they just cover the most important social links. Brief scenes showing the other characters would do just fine.

Well, I don't really care about the upcoming arc, but the one after that should be good. It's where shit starts to get real.(kinda)
Oct 29, 2011 9:27 AM

Jun 2010
Ep.1 was the best for me.

Ep.2,3,4 is just gaining more nakama's therefore more Personas.

All I see is trying to convince to accept yourself thing.

The fight itself isn't really interesting. It's just lame attacks.

The main character got some new Peronsas but it makes it look even lamer by the
Jack'olantern or that weird blocking tongue thing.

Funny thing is even with the good looks, they aren't the strongest persona either.
It's just eye candy like looking at new Ichigo's look that changes endless.

So pretty much an anime to watch when I have nothing better to do. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2011 9:36 AM

May 2010
Kinda plain episode.
The animation was good tho.
Oct 29, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
that was kind of disappointing episode for Yukiko.
Oct 29, 2011 11:49 AM

Feb 2011
too much yukiko past story
i got boring in the first half
Oct 30, 2011 2:38 AM

May 2010
katsu044 said:
Dat OST Glad they got *Heaven* in there but i think the people at atlus have been listening to Catharine music!.

I'm happy about Pursuing My Trueself being extended and Reach Out to The Truth doesn't sound so misleading anymore..."All The lesbians can you help me out" and "the homo men" always would make the song awkward for me, lol.

Well, they are from the same company, same people worked on both Catherine and Persona...But, I have no complaints, both OSTs are awesome..

shadowtsunami said:
probably, because most of the people watching the anime, have played the game, and already know what's going to happen.

I guess we're talking about pacing, I think otherwise - Most game players here think it's too rushed...I just think you have to watch the show 2 or 3 times to take everything in..

ImNotPro said:
too much yukiko past story
i got boring in the first half

Well, it is Yukiko.. :X
Oct 30, 2011 6:41 AM

May 2010
Okay episode
Oct 30, 2011 2:08 PM
Jun 2011
I see Chie and Yukiko cannon. That's just me.
Oct 31, 2011 1:52 AM
Jun 2009
Epic exposition into Yukiko's state of mind.

Epic song at 17:17.

This shit needs to be adapted into a live action drama in America so they know how epic Japanese drama can be.

This, Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown, Horizon. This shit jus got real
JugsOfHolynessOct 31, 2011 1:57 AM
Oct 31, 2011 5:36 AM

Jul 2011
i'm beary impressed with how they handle yukiko's shadow , the game looks so pale in comparison.

glad the anime has it's own bgm not just ripping it from the game.

Next episode should be interesting with the sport club and Ai

IIRC
Oct 31, 2011 1:45 PM

Sep 2008
pretty interesting episode :) i find Yukiko's laughing fit funnier in english dub though, lol
azzyzx said:

IIRC
nah, actually just finished P4 again so im pretty sure
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Oct 31, 2011 3:27 PM

May 2010
enya04 said:
azzyzx said:

IIRC

Oct 31, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2011
I liked Yukiko.

» Escapism.

Oct 31, 2011 4:21 PM
Dec 2007
RealScreamer said:
enya04 said:
azzyzx said:

IIRC

^This, however...

Nov 1, 2011 2:01 PM

Dec 2010
RealScreamer said:

Well, it is Yukiko.. :X

There was a valid reason why she introduced her as "And I'm Uncomfortable!" in the Hiimdaisy persona comics. She is pretty boring, rather plain. But she is an exceptionally sweet girl. A plain sweet girl with especially lethal cooking.

Ah, also, talking about getting drunk, I'm hoping like hell they add the Kings' Game into the anime. That was some funny ass shit right there.
Nov 1, 2011 8:04 PM

Mar 2011
I was a little bored with this episode. Although, I find Yukiko's persona to be pretty, and those glasses!
Nov 2, 2011 6:54 AM

Aug 2010
The formula is getting a tad bit boring, they need to spice up the rest of the episodes. I enjoyed the interaction between Chie and Yukiko. 4/5.
Nov 2, 2011 11:03 AM

May 2010
Lauriet said:
There was a valid reason why she introduced her as "And I'm Uncomfortable!" in the Hiimdaisy persona comics. She is pretty boring, rather plain. But she is an exceptionally sweet girl. A plain sweet girl with especially lethal cooking.

Ah, also, talking about getting drunk, I'm hoping like hell they add the Kings' Game into the anime. That was some funny ass shit right there.

Ha, so true...And - Yes, I can agree there. Her character is very kind, and I like that about her. But she's just "not there", if you know what I mean...

Same here. That whole thing had me laughing, and I hope Rie, Ami and Kappei do the voices perfectly like they did in the game.
Nov 2, 2011 1:27 PM
Dec 2007
RealScreamer said:
Lauriet said:

Ha, so true...And - Yes, I can agree there. Her character is very kind, and I like that about her. But she's just "not there", if you know what I mean...

Same here. That whole thing had me laughing, and I hope Rie, Ami and Kappei do the voices perfectly like they did in the game.
I'm sure they will be fine although I wonder how many will cry at the fact Rie does Rise (even though Rise always had that type of voice, even in the NA version). From what I've seen so far I love most of the Japanese voices over the English ones thus far, especially Horie Yui's Chie but I'm a Yui fan so I can't help but like it. The one I'm sure will do her voice perfectly is Paku Romi since she's perfect at doing that teenage boys voice, which is something the NA version VA could never accomplish during the scenes where anything aside "cool monotone voice" was required. Teddie/Kuma however... Kappei is a great actor but that voice really requires some getting used to. Plus, Kuma's voice in the NA version was good IMO.

And I always thought Miss Uncomfortable was nicknamed such because when she gets introduced she always has this uncomfortable expression in all situations not because she was boring (which she kinda is but yeah).

Nov 2, 2011 2:16 PM

May 2010
Leon-Gun said:
I'm sure they will be fine although I wonder how many will cry at the fact Rie does Rise (even though Rise always had that type of voice, even in the NA version). From what I've seen so far I love most of the Japanese voices over the English ones thus far, especially Horie Yui's Chie but I'm a Yui fan so I can't help but like it. The one I'm sure will do her voice perfectly is Paku Romi since she's perfect at doing that teenage boys voice, which is something the NA version VA could never accomplish during the scenes where anything aside "cool monotone voice" was required. Teddie/Kuma however... Kappei is a great actor but that voice really requires some getting used to. Plus, Kuma's voice in the NA version was good IMO.

And I always thought Miss Uncomfortable was nicknamed such because when she gets introduced she always has this uncomfortable expression in all situations not because she was boring (which she kinda is but yeah).

I'm not a big fan of Rie Kugimiya, but I did like her Rise when I replayed it this year, via PC. She didn't sound like a complete Tsundere, and was really cheerful. So I'm actually excited to hear her as Rise in the anime. Also thought Laura Bailey did an awesome job as her, but that would be bias of me because I love her voice.

I agree on Chie's seiyuu being better. The NA voice for Chie just didn't "feel" right. Also agreeing on Paku Romi doing a better job. Yeah, Teddie's seiyuu was kinda off to me at first, but I grew to like it. I thought his voice during the kings game was really hilarious.

That is true. However, because she was uncomfortable for most of the time, that made her get "flushed out" by the other spunky/upbeat characters: Teddie, Yosuke, Chie, Rise and Kanji.

The only real thing they gave her to "stand out" was that laugh, but that's really low in comparison to Chie/Yosuke arguments, Kanji's outbursts, Rise's flirting with the MC, Teddie's "bad jokes" and won't say much on Naoto to spoil anything.. So, I think all of them over-took that one small "entertaining" quality from her..
Nov 3, 2011 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
bonifide said:
Pretty boring episode. Felt like a drag until the end. Hopefully next week be a lot better.
Nov 9, 2011 12:19 PM

Apr 2007
Best episode for me so far, even though it focused on yet another "fight your true self" battle.
Nov 14, 2011 12:57 AM

Apr 2009
the pacing of this series is slowly getting to me.
it's like watching hanasaku persona.
Nov 15, 2011 2:38 PM
Oct 2010
I really liked the fight scene at the end of the episode. I like how they've been adding background story to the characters, since it could have gotten a little redundant otherwise.

I was just marathoning through episodes 1-6 today and really like the insert song in this episode. You know, the one played towards the end that's all slow and pretty? I can't find its name anywhere. Anyone know what it's called?
Nov 17, 2011 7:51 AM
Oct 2010
I like the extra dimension that the scenes of Yukiko taking care of the bird added (that wasn't in the game was it?), and despite making the whole persona metaphor just that more literal and not subtle, I still like it because the show so far has been a carbon copy of the events of the game.

What I would like is more character interaction that isn't MC with everyone else. P3's social links were basically just that, P4 alleviated that a bit more but it was still very much just MC and friend. Just little things like Yosuke interacting with the basketball guy, if only one line, gave a nice break from what is essentially the game, line for line.
Nov 18, 2011 9:55 PM

May 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Leon-Gun said:
insan3soldiern said:
Pretty good episode, the best one so far. I thought the pacing was much better as well, though I do think the series is a little to over dramatic and in your face with the psychological factor.
What can you expect when the one major theme of the series is the journey of self-discovery and enlightnment as told through the Major Arcana. The Arcana themselves are one big path of enlighment, and Atlus' Megami Tensei team (responsible for everything from the MegaTen series to Persona to Catherine) have always been very into psychological and religious themes (MegaTen in general is pretty much just a big mesh of different mythological and religious elements put together).

I know and understand that, but I can't help but feel it could be a little better executed. I like the idea, being a fan of psychological stuff in general, just not the execution. It just didn't ring true for me.

I actually think that's kinda the point. This anime is interesting in that it goes out of its way to feel like it's from a game. Most anime focus on making it as realistic as possible, but this one takes the opposite route and doesn't even bother trying to ring true. It's so strange having an anime going "hey look, I'm blatantly artificial!" I think I said this in the last episode discussion, but it reminds me of Revolutionary Girl Utena (specifically the black rose arc). I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'd consider withholding judgment for a little while to see if they make anything of this blatant artifice.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 22, 2011 1:58 AM

Oct 2010
I've gotta say I like watching their background stories more than the battle scenes. Especially that part where Yukiko associated herself with the caged bird. It was nicely done.
[insert awesome signature here]
Mar 12, 2012 12:00 PM
Jan 2012
Vanisher said:
i really dislike japanese teddie , aka kuma.

the episode was ok , so social links next episode huh?

Lol, yeah sometimes he can be "unbearable" XD. That was the first time I lol'd at his "bear" inserts.
Jun 10, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
Wait what? This was way better than the previous 3 episodes! And the OST's were just amazing... words cannot describe it. (piano fan-boy right here)
Sep 10, 2012 6:18 PM

Oct 2011
Yukiko was all like "im so weeeek!" prety cool,prety cool
Chie was all like "I always suport you" nice/
Dec 29, 2012 2:22 PM
Jul 2018

Friendship are strong bonds to begin with.
Dec 23, 2013 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
The english dub is really good.
The OST as well.
Mar 8, 2014 2:24 PM

Mar 2013
The fight with Yukiko's shadow is extremely hard in the game, glad to see they made her look powerful in the anime too.
Apr 14, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
I'm starting to get annoyed by this anime. I know it's based on the game
(which I didn't play) but all they do is fight their shadows and then gain
their persona?? It's starting to get predictable. I hope the next episodes have
a more original plot... The only thing that saves this series is the atmosphere
which is amazing.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
May 22, 2014 9:10 PM

Aug 2007
I have to admit, for all the dragging this episode did (Yukiko has never been particularly interesting to me in comparison to Kanji or Naoto's problems), I did manage to get emotional at Yukiko and Chie's little moment. Still think the game is better at the drama though.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Favorite Character?

JunkAccount101 - Dec 28, 2015

12 by superstaff »»
Sep 3, 2023 4:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.