Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2008 11:20 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In a development sure to please many viewers, a certain someone shows up, says his trademark line within a few moments, and gets all devious by the end. Also, the tone goes considerably darker.

In a development sure to displease many, next episode seems to be not immediately connected to the main plot. I hesitate to call it "filler", since I'm not sure what that means in the context of this series.

Good coverage of the events of manga chapter 3 -- or should I say 5/6 of the events of chapter 3. Many people are going to be sorely disappointed the final confrontation didn't happen yet.

Overall a good episode as they enter Pocota's city of Sairaag, introducing a few characters (including a maid ninja -- they're all the rage these days), clarifying another, and invoking the name of one from the distant past.

This does somewhat worry me if they are attempting not to get out in front of the manga storywise (which I say they should do since the manga is inferior anyway.) I'd rather not have a series where you have a main plot-related-nonrelated-related-nonrelated sequence of episodes to achieve this. They might very well be planning the pause at episode 13 as rumored earlier. When TV Tokyo aired a rerun this morning I thought that was how they were going to handle it, but thankfully that wasn't it. Hopefully whatever route they choose it won't affect story quality, which, in my opinion, has been good to date.
Jul 30, 2008 10:59 PM

Mar 2008
OMG!

If they bring him back this series is gonna be epic. It would make sense since the spell is still in effect on the townspeople, and if he was dead that would of vanished according to Pokota.

Jul 31, 2008 8:25 AM

Jul 2008
I just finished watching this RAW.
Here are all the parts I actually got goosebumps and that very rarely happens with me:
-Rezo possibly returning
-Xellos working to get something again but as of now he is with the bad guys but everyone knows here he is not trustworthy and will get what he wants before he lets anyone else.
I did get excited at the battles, especially against the guys with the Xarnas armor and is the woman the Queen of Ruvigard or captain of the Royal that took over the kingdom? I wonder. Other than AMAZING EPISODE THAT REMINDS OF THE PREVIOUS SEASONS ACTION. FOLKS WAIT A LITTLE MORE CUZ I HAVE THAT FEELING THE EXCITEMENT IS GOING TO GET BETTER! Sorry about the caps too excited after seeing this episode.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 31, 2008 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
I need someone to remind me of the whole shock thing about the Zanaffar's armor. What is the whole thing about this armor other than it can stop most magic attacks.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 31, 2008 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
A very good episode. Serious parts in previous Slayers tv series are always been the weakest point for me and the main reason why I prefer the OVAs and movies to them, but I really have no complains about this the first serious episode in the new series except maybe too much of the green little critter which I guess can't be helped and I'll have to deal with his presence till the very end.

Overall this ep was nowhere as fun as the first four but the story was very interesting so it was really good to watch nevertheless.
Jul 31, 2008 5:20 PM

Jul 2008
Aesir- said:
A very good episode. Serious parts in previous Slayers tv series are always been the weakest point for me and the main reason why I prefer the OVAs and movies to them, but I really have no complains about this the first serious episode in the new series except maybe too much of the green little critter which I guess can't be helped and I'll have to deal with his presence till the very end.

Overall this ep was nowhere as fun as the first four but the story was very interesting so it was really good to watch nevertheless.

Impossible that it is the real one but it seems to be the original one. Zanaffar already was crazy back in that season. THIS MIGHT GET CRAZY.
Jul 31, 2008 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
Man I can't wait till they bring in Zuuma. That guy was badass in the novels.
I don't really mind a few fillers every now and then. This has been the same in the previous seasons. I did kinda want to see the final battle of Manga chapter 3 though >.> But I think they'll save it for another episode.
Jul 31, 2008 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
mulderman said:
I don't really mind a few fillers every now and then. This has been the same in the previous seasons. I did kinda want to see the final battle of Manga chapter 3 though >.> But I think they'll save it for another episode.

Zuuma being bad ass? Any way you can say if he resembles to anyone in any other anime character?
Aug 1, 2008 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
Starting to feel a lot more like Slayers again. I'll never like Pokota, but with the path it's taking, it feels like the Slayers that I loved so much.
Aug 1, 2008 1:45 AM

Jul 2008
things are really getting exciting now. Really the good old Slayers feeling.
Xellos is as usually unpredictable. great stuff cant wait for more.

Aug 1, 2008 2:42 AM

Jun 2007
angel999 said:
mulderman said:

Zuuma being bad ass? Any way you can say if he resembles to anyone in any other anime character?

well some novel spoilers
Aug 1, 2008 4:29 AM

Jun 2008
not the best of episodes, the shows great when its being funny, but it tries to be serious it just falls flat on its face.
Aug 1, 2008 5:41 AM

Jul 2008
mulderman said:
angel999 said:
mulderman said:

well some novel spoilers

I see, now I am with you cause I want to see how he fights now. (getting exciting)
Aug 1, 2008 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
Why we should be afraid of the Zanaffar armor. Spoilers for vol. 5 of the novels.

A little bit more about Zuuma. Spoilers for... vol. 6? Yeah, that sounds about right. Also for a few episodes of the earlier seasons. (Remember Halcyform?)

Aug 1, 2008 7:09 AM

Nov 2007
And my two cents about the episode, for the hell of it:

Chapter 3 of the manga kicked this episode's ass all over the place. Granted, we have to sacrifice a little bit of Duclis/Pocota chatter time, but the manga's still much faster paced and we get a promise of EPIC things to come next chapter, along with the Waizer/Xelloss dance that's become so well-known. xD Plus, we actually DO get to see Zuuma. =P

http://turtleparadise.desertmoon.org <----scanlations there.
/pimp
Aug 1, 2008 9:06 AM

Apr 2008
i don't understand why Amelia doesn't know Rezo... she met his clone in the second half of first season O_o

Aug 1, 2008 11:43 PM

Nov 2007
While Amelia did indeed meet Rezo in the first season, she only met his clone, like you said. She asks "What kind of person was he?" (as in, the REAL Rezo) in Japanese, but I'm not sure how subbers phrased it. She didn't know what kind of person he, himself, was, since she never met the real person. She only based her knowledge of the real Rezo on rumors.

(I've been seeing this question a lot on other Slayers forums. Was there some general confusion in the subbing community as to how they could handle this line?)
Aug 2, 2008 4:35 AM
Mar 2008
melfra said:
While Amelia did indeed meet Rezo in the first season, she only met his clone, like you said. She asks "What kind of person was he?" (as in, the REAL Rezo) in Japanese, but I'm not sure how subbers phrased it. She didn't know what kind of person he, himself, was, since she never met the real person. She only based her knowledge of the real Rezo on rumors.

(I've been seeing this question a lot on other Slayers forums. Was there some general confusion in the subbing community as to how they could handle this line?)

The subs I'm watching had Amelia's line as "I've never met this Rezo guy in person, but what kind of person was he?", without emphasizing the REAL Rezo part.
I am now happy after this episode; we have the next story set up and ready to go, even if it isn't the main one. And I hope Zelgadis' hair grows quickly.....if he keeps using them as darts he might go bald. XD
Aug 2, 2008 6:23 AM

Nov 2007
Rhayn said:
melfra said:

The subs I'm watching had Amelia's line as "I've never met this Rezo guy in person, but what kind of person was he?", without emphasizing the REAL Rezo part.
I am now happy after this episode; we have the next story set up and ready to go, even if it isn't the main one. And I hope Zelgadis' hair grows quickly.....if he keeps using them as darts he might go bald. XD

Oh God, bald Zel? I don't think I could take that. xD

I took a second look at the raw. Here's Amelia's text, in Japanese.
私はレズって言う人本人とは会った事ありませんけど、実際はどんな人だったんです?
Watashi wa Rezo'tte iu hito honnin to wa atta koto arimasenkedo, jissai ha donna hito dattan desu?
I'm not sure which sub you're watching, but they misinterpreted Amelia's inflection on that line. She originally says something more along the lines of, "I've never met the real "Rezo" in person, but what kind of person was he, really?" The keyword in that line is "honnin", or "the person himself." Hope that clears up some of your confusion.

(And I'm personally miffed that they translated it as, "This Rezo guy," since we already know from the first season that Amelia had a ridiculous amount of respect for him. Might as well have slapped a "or, whatever," on the end of that sentence... but hey, that's just me being bitter!)
Aug 2, 2008 7:37 AM

Jul 2008

Not a bad episode, few new characters I'd rather see die quickly, Xellos up to his usual standard. The question you might ask now is, who is he REALLY working for. As soon as we find that out we can ask, "Now, who is he REALLY working for".. etc etc.

Hmmm, when is Gourry gonna get his new kick ass sword? (I don't read the manga so if it's in there it's beyond me.)
Kind regards
Sidoen

Aug 2, 2008 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
After reading some of the comments, I see that most people agree that this episode was most definitely Slayers. It had the feel, it had the excitement, I had Xellos, it had enemies,it had an actual twist, it talked about past seasons of Slayers, it was great. I'd like to think that it's going to stay this way for the rest of the season, but I already know that that's asking way too much just from looking at the next episode's preview. -_- But for now, I'm content, and not lowering my rating on this particular season. At least there's no Wiser for the time being.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 13, 2008 6:50 AM

May 2008
Oh Xellos, must you be on Gioconda's side? XD

TO be honest, in the opening, Gioconda kinda looked like a male to me, so I was kinda shocked to see "him" wearing a dress. XDD (I'm sorry, but she did look a bit on the male side, like the face)

Duclis... meh, he's alright. Ozel's alright too. XD

Just happy to see Xellos and no Wizer.

Aug 13, 2008 9:06 AM

Aug 2008
Gonna second what a lot of people have been saying - Xellos? Rezo? Plot? No Wizer? XELLOS? It's a pretty good episode. I've been waiting for Xellos to pop up since ep. 1 since he is by far and away my favorite, and I'm not disappointed in him. Interesting stuff about Rezo, wasn't expecting him to be relevant again. The gag about Gourry not remembering who anyone is is getting pretty old. Pokota is... Pokota. I really wish he weren't a ridiculous-looking whateverheis. Too many shows fall prey to the mascot character thing and it's almost impossible to do well. The enemies are the usual Slayers fare, although having Xellos work with them is intriguing. When Gioconda started trying to order him around I was like "Lady, what do you think you're doing..."

Honestly I hope this season will go in a much darker, more in-depth direction, dealing with things like the remaining Dark Lords, the Knights of Cephied and Shabranigdo, the way the Slayers universe functions, etc. I know Slayers usually saves stuff like that for the later half/end of the series but I suppose I'm impatient, and hoping that this takes a deeper look into the Slayers world. Each successive season has come closer and closer to that at the end so unless the trend changes I should count on being somewhat satisfied.

I see a lot of novel talk on here... Can anyone point me in the direction of some novel translations online?
Sep 5, 2008 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't like Xellos in this episode at all. He was to obvious and too fast it became clear what he was trying to do. Either he's up to something weird again or he became much too overconfident.
BOW TO NO MAN, TRUST NO ONE
Aug 21, 2011 6:50 PM

Dec 2009
Xellos! This episode was alright, I liked the previous ones more. Ah well, story is starting to develop...
Aug 31, 2012 9:18 AM

Aug 2009
A pretty good episode story wise. A twist, Xellos and the bad guys revealed though they didn't seem so menacing. Maybe they will in a few episodes. But 2 things about Xellos: His voice was...different. And what is an agent of Hellmaster thinking by working with armsdealers? Mystery...

A definite slayers feel with this episode.
May 17, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Continue skirmishes between Pokota to Lina, but finally see the end of the tunnel, it was time! Narration fun, I liked some jokes! XD
Dec 6, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who hates this episode?

I mean seriously Lina is so much more stronger. Who are these new comers who are good for nothing, Lina could destroy the world with one spell and they send a cat against them >.>

That being said... it was a really good episode. Would have been better if it would have been part of season 1, because as I said this feels like it should be a childs play for Lina.
Jul 14, 2015 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
LOL, Xellos being called "Handy Item #4" :D
And the rest of the team are "Handy Items #1 to #3" :D

What is Xellos up to this time? Some job for Hellmaster? It's certain that he will change sides when it will be beneficial to him.
Dec 8, 2015 9:12 AM

Oct 2015
finally a good chapter this season. Mention to Rezo. Xellos as an enemy. Pokota is a prince? A possible war between Seyruun and Ravinagard.
This season star to get cool.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Jul 10, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
Using Rezo again seems a bit odd, Lina already defeated him and his clone, the dudes like the Freiza of Slayers or something.
May 20, 2020 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm. I’m not sure how I feel about the idea of Rezo potentially still being alive. Definitely a good episode though. It was nice to see Xellos again.
Feb 11, 2021 1:58 AM

Apr 2013
Xellos is back, not that I'm especially thrilled about it. So Pokota is the prince of a long forgotten empire, wonder how he ended up as a "puny animal".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 13 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 3, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jul 2, 2008

56 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 2 Discussion

Tenjouname - Jul 9, 2008

29 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.