MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Arata vs Taichi
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Chihayafuru »» Arata vs Taichi

Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Which one do you want Chihaya to end up with?
Arata

313 38.74%
Taichi

495 61.26%
Voters: 808

01-19-12, 10:13 PM

Chihaya x Arata scans from CHAPTER 86, the latest chapter
Unfortunately, they're Chinese scans, so I have no freakin clue what they're saying. LOL

01-20-12, 1:47 AM

keeetz said:
Unfortunately, they're Chinese scans, so I have no freakin clue what they're saying. LOL

I hope this doesn't mean that Chihaya loves Arata and that she will end up with him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

01-20-12, 1:02 PM

HatsumiShinogu said:
keeetz said:

I hope this doesn't mean that Chihaya loves Arata and that she will end up with him.

Well. It's already been 15 volumes into the series, and this chapter is going to be part of the 16th volume. Chihaya's feelings haven't wavered since then.

If this isnt a huge hint, then I don't know what this is.

01-21-12, 1:40 AM

keeetz said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
keeetz said:

Well. It's already been 15 volumes into the series, and this chapter is going to be part of the 16th volume. Chihaya's feelings haven't wavered since then.

If this isnt a huge hint, then I don't know what this is.

nonetheless i really hope Chihaya and Arata don't end up together. I don't dislike him but i just think he's really dull and boring. His only redeeming quality seems to be his karuta skills. As opposed to Taichi who has a great academic record next to not sucking at karuta himself. And beside the fact that normally i think black haired guys are cooler, Taichi wins it this time.

Also, i haven't read the manga so I can't really say how genuine Arata's feelings towards Chihaya are but now he seems pretty focused on her karuta skills. At least Taichi actually likes her for who she is outside of karuta. I honestly believe Chihaya & Taichi would make a better couple

01-21-12, 8:40 AM

I really want Taichi to win I always feel for the childhood friend when they're in a love triangle. Plus they never win.

01-21-12, 9:08 PM

0_0 Wow, it's pretty close, actually...

Personally, when they were kids, I wanted Chihaya to be with Arata, because they look REALLY cute together, and I used to think Taichi was such a little jerk towards Arata, but he was just jealous of him being around Chihaya.

Now that they're older, I'm a bit torn. I still like Arata a lot (>.> The boy's handsome, and Chihaya's gotten more slightly "girly" and pretty, so they work out swell), but Taichi definitely has a strong chance of winning Chihaya's heart. The signs are there, but Chihaya is too obsessed with trying to reach Arata's level in karuta to notice, and Taichi's doing everything in his power to help her. It's so clear he loves her, but Chihaya obviously has strong feelings for Arata.

I think that she's going to end up with Arata, but it could go either way.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!

02-01-12, 6:11 PM

keeetz said:

hmmm for me this not yet a cofession is more manifestation of chihaya's feeling, ganbaro chihaya destiny and fate are in your side , i want to read the
complete volume i just wandering why chihaya attempt to hold the hand of arata, it seem chihaya saw what happen in volume 12 when shinobu hold the hand of arata
but i though she's didn't saw it but it hard to judge it on manga or maybe chihaya is concern when she learn from volume 11 that arata and shinobu known
each other since childhood, she recognize that shinobu is not just a karuta rival but potentialy a love rival to arata too.
technically chihaya is akward to confess here because there's another people present here it will just destroy the mood. but no doubt
from this seen chihaya is inlove to arata. now i want to see the real feeling of arata to chihaya, although in manga or anime usually the guy are colder to the women
they love. the look of nikuman is very funny he's thinking this lavo lavo scenario (Love scene) between arata and chihaya. but i'm happy right now because chihaya is on the move to get the guy she love, before other women steal it from her.
Modified by orion_momo, 02-01-12, 6:41 PM

02-02-12, 10:47 AM

Both guys are great, but I prefer Chihaya with Taichi. :X

02-02-12, 2:04 PM

bootyjon said:
keeetz said:

hmmm for me this not yet a cofession is more manifestation of chihaya's feeling, ganbaro chihaya destiny and fate are in your side , i want to read the
complete volume i just wandering why chihaya attempt to hold the hand of arata, it seem chihaya saw what happen in volume 12 when shinobu hold the hand of arata
but i though she's didn't saw it but it hard to judge it on manga or maybe chihaya is concern when she learn from volume 11 that arata and shinobu known
each other since childhood, she recognize that shinobu is not just a karuta rival but potentialy a love rival to arata too.
technically chihaya is akward to confess here because there's another people present here it will just destroy the mood. but no doubt
from this seen chihaya is inlove to arata. now i want to see the real feeling of arata to chihaya, although in manga or anime usually the guy are colder to the women
they love. the look of nikuman is very funny he's thinking this lavo lavo scenario (Love scene) between arata and chihaya. but i'm happy right now because chihaya is on the move to get the guy she love, before other women steal it from her.

I got a friend to translate the first panel to the left.

Anyway, if you guys are interested in reading these Chinese scans, here is a link to the latest chapters 87.

http://www.8comic.com/love/drawing-8378.html?ch=87

02-14-12, 8:26 AM

I vote for Taichi, but...
I know Chihaya will end up with Arata,
since this is so... obvious for such a series:
- Thanks Arata Chihaya start playing in karuta
- Thanks Arata Chihaya have dream to become queen
Also, Chihaya always "Arata... Arata" always think about him...

I wish they all stay friends, but if I have to pick between Arata and Taichi,
I will pick Taichi...
Well... he always be her side, he always support her, always help her...
She made club together with him..
And after all these Chihaya/Taichi moments they will break my heart,
if they will simply make Chihaya/Arata ending...

Maybe if Arata become more "main" character,
and show some love for Chihaya I will change my mind...
but now Taichi win for me :)

02-14-12, 3:56 PM

I see a lot of people discount Taichi because of how Chihaya reacts around Arata. Don't get me wrong I think Chihaya does have romantic feelings for Arata. But her romantic feelings are more for an idolized idea of Arata not necessarily the real Arata.

The interaction between Chihaya and Taichi is more down to earth and more real and hence why I prefer it. It's really Taichi who is always looking out for Chihaya.

02-14-12, 5:37 PM

Dunno about the manga, but with all that has happened in the anime my vote is for Taichi, even if Arata is the one Chihaya thinks about...

Thankfully this is a josei and not a shoujo, so there's a slight chance Chihaya changes her mind (otherwise there would be none.)

aggie18 said:
bastek66 said:
Taichi FTW

and I have good news for all Chihaya x Taichi shippers
o_o whats going on there?! its obvious that the girl is shinobu... but still, i dont think that means that arata will end up with her.... >_<
You don't see it? Look at Shinobu's eyes, she is about to kill Arata and leave his corpse in a dumpster. So Taichi will no longer have a rival. >.>

02-14-12, 6:50 PM

Ajunky said:
You don't see it? Look at Shinobu's eyes, she is about to kill Arata and leave his corpse in a dumpster.

I feel bad for him lol

I'm so torn. I can't seem to be able to choose. But it seems like Chihaya will end up with Arata??

I mean he's the reason why she started playing right.... and recently it seems like Taichi is being used for the plot lol poor guy. I think I'll just cheer for both of them...

02-14-12, 6:52 PM

^ if you look to other page you will see shinobu in tears after she meet arata again for a long years, i still don't know what's the real feeling of shinobu towards arata but if you read vol 12 and 15 ,i will assume she have a crush to arata specially on last chapter of volume 7 i think when she go to shrine and think arata. and she might one to get revenge too because she always lose to arata in karuta when they are still child :d .but there are also instance's she was sweet and playful to arata Vol12/15. for those who don't read manga if you want to know whose love pair this show it is . Go listen to the ending song it has spoiler clue. i will answer it if you can't understand nihonjin the Soshite Ima song are pointing to ARATA and Chihaya (is like a long distant relationship and promise that they will meet again no matter what happen) =)
Modified by orion_momo, 02-14-12, 6:56 PM

02-14-12, 8:20 PM

^ Oh, I almost forgot, there is something called spoiler tag, have you ever heard of it?

02-15-12, 3:49 PM

I want to see more of Chihaya x Taichi!! :D

02-16-12, 5:41 AM

Ajunky said:
^ Oh, I almost forgot, there is something called spoiler tag, have you ever heard of it?

i post that using my android phone, i can't use the BB code maybe need to change a browser

02-18-12, 2:03 PM

lol this is the way I see it. Taichi is at an advantageous position because Arata is far away from Chihaya. I bet if Arata spent as much time with Chihaya like the old times it'd be a different situation. She definitely has feelings for Arata, but the guy is never around. Here's another way of looking at it: If you're never around, always on trips, don't be surprised that your wife has cheated on you with the guy who also liked her and is around her (in this case one of her best friends) more often.

Anyways, here's a good question: Why isn't Arata listed as a main character? That might be enough of a foretelling.
Modified by Korotoko, 02-18-12, 2:22 PM
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:

02-20-12, 3:23 AM

Taichi! He loves her and they both look cuter togther

02-22-12, 3:56 PM

I read some spoiler that Shinobu has some hots on and/or rivalry with Arata.
I hope they end up matching hair colors.
Arata x Shinobu
Taichi x Chihaya

Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices