Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2011 9:08 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Frieza is "dead". Goku needs to hurry and find a ship, dammit!
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:27 AM

Nov 20, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2012
A bit of a useless recap in the middle but well at least we do know that Freeza is dead now or at least let's hope he's dead for good! Besides that the elder died and passed his powers to someone else so the dragon balls can still be used but yea I really what Goku will do next though and how he'll get back on earth
Dec 15, 2013 10:46 PM

Jun 2009
Thanks for the recap Toei. Never would have remembered the only 4 interesting things that happened in the entire Goku vs Frieza fight. I guess the budget must have been exceptionally low for this episode.
Jan 10, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2009
So Vegeta wasn't considered as one of the Freeza's men by Shen Long. Or maybe they just suffocated as I assumed lol
Jan 14, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
The Grand Elder Guru died (again and for the last time). Then they showed a recap of the fight between Son Goku and Frieza. After this, Frieza attacks Son Goku although Son Goku saved his life. So Son Son Goku attacks, too and finished Frieza!
Jan 30, 2016 2:30 AM

May 2013
RIP to elder Guru :( We did get some good news about the Namek Dragon Balls tho! And LOL at how Frieza died, he could never shut his mouth EVER or accept any of Goku's acts of kindness so he had to go. What a fitting way for him to go.

Mar 7, 2016 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Essentially a recap episode, I can sorta see why they did it though the fight did last almost a half a year for the people who watched this weekly.
Jun 21, 2016 2:59 PM

Feb 2016
So now the new elder namekian is the beholder (whatever) of the dragon balls.

Goku has like probably 30 seconds or less on the clock and he stops to listen to Frieza... cmon Goku. Priorities.

And to top it all off, Frieza is in hardcore denial.

"You haven't defeated me!" "I'm mighty and your not!"

Um... your sliced in half, dude. Your ki is low. Accept your fate... I know there's bad sports but he's beyond that. Geez

Now for Goku to get off of Namek asap.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 19, 2018 12:48 PM

Nov 2017
Finally, Frieza is actually dead, I'm almost certain. It took long enough, and even as a floating upper half, Frieza still tried to kill Goku. But the destruction is moments away now, so he needs to reach the ship asap.

Rest in peace Guru... he was such a nice character... At least there's good news about the namek dragon balls, I was gonna say that Chaoutzu and Krillin could never return but I'm wrong.

This has been on my mind for a while now. So Earth's dragon balls ressurected everyone from the dead, and Krillin wasn't included because he was already wished back to life once. So how come Goku was? He was ressurected shortly before Vegeta and Nappa reached Earth after being killed by Raditz.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 22, 2018 4:31 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
that was a rather useless recap ep but oh welll o.o

Mar 8, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2008
Goku is still the bigger fool. Why were you going to let him live? He killed Krillin right in front of you!!!!
Dec 16, 2019 6:32 AM

Mar 2010
Its not the only recap we had the last few episodes. Its clear Toei wanted to stretch this as much as possible.

Freezer tries a last attack during church organ piece and then presumably gets killed by Goku who now needs to find a way to leave Namek in... 3..2..1

So this means Guru and Freezer die at the same time (well on different planets but the same episode).
Aug 1, 2020 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Frieza, as expectantly, was too thickheaded to let these offenses against him go. He could have floated away in space, patiently recuperate and, as the usual of his character, cogitate a vengeful plan for Goku. But alas, his pride severely clouded his judgment, and supposedly got laid to rest. It was a nice moment to see his face morph to one of pure despair at the sight of certain looming death. He got what he deserved.

Grand Elder Guru's sad passing was befitting for him. He died amidst children's playful laughter, nature's beautiful greenery, and surrounded by his loved ones. It was a peaceful way to go.
Oct 4, 2020 8:59 PM
May 2019
Okay, I think we can officially say the fight is over now -at least, for now. Goku is going to need some rest after this. This was practically far above what he has ever done before, even going super saiyan as a result of it. He's going to have to hurry off Planet Namek before it explodes. Well, at least there are good news when it comes to the dragon balls.
Feb 2, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2011
I had to speed up half of this episode in order to watch it.
Apr 19, 2021 10:39 PM

Oct 2020
This was very slow but finally Frieza is down. He was a real fool. It was his own fault or else there was no chance that he could die. Goku has really a noble heart. He spared Frieza's life even after everything. However I think he has a way to come home in his mind. Just waiting to see how he does it.

Vegeta lost his mind now. He is free now and have a chance to live a free life but he chooses to rule the earth. Complete fool he is! There is no chance he could do this. Earth is a weird planet. It always has some backup.
Aug 16, 2023 10:59 PM
Nov 2009
Gohan: "My dad is coming back"
Vegeta: beats him half to death
Bulma: this man is the love of my life
Dec 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Nov 2015
Kowareta99 said:
Okay, I think we can officially say the fight is over now -at least, for now.

ohh, I know what you did there... I also watched this before, dat damn freezer!

Origami_Cyclone said:
Gohan: "My dad is coming back"
Vegeta: beats him half to death
Bulma: this man is the love of my life

rofl, I'll never get bulma.. it was a marry for interest for vegeta anyway, at least in the beginning... (he wanted to live with all the comfort of a king and have access to the latest technology to train and surpass Kakarotto. damn, it took time for him to get attached to his family. 😂 I think it's a nice development but in super he was downgraded significantly, making him a dork lol
Berry-VodkaDec 29, 2023 8:22 PM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 224 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 223 Discussion

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:48 PM

» Bruce Faulconer Score

jas-samaaa - Apr 15

5 by Notshane »»
Apr 15, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 214 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 12, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 208 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.