MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Romance Recommendation Thread
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Recommendation Club »» Romance Recommendation Thread

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
11-11-11, 12:45 AM

Hauntingwind said:
I'm looking for a good romantic comedy anime, school life. Any suggestions? :) Thanks!

You should also try Amagami SS and Toradora!

11-13-11, 10:17 AM

Hauntingwind said:
I'm looking for a good romantic comedy anime, school life. Any suggestions? :) Thanks!
You have to watch Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu! :D

11-22-11, 12:26 PM

Im currently watching "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" you should definitely check that out for a romance / comedy / shoujo / school genre, I am at episode 12 atm and I am ENJOYING it alot!

Very very nice!

Edit: At episode 18 atm, the romance plot does process rather slowly but its still a lot of fun to watch! :D

Edit Edit: I finished it now, I totally recommend it to you (the romance part was a bit disappointing for me but the comedy was great!)
Modified by blackblue40, 11-24-11, 1:07 PM

11-23-11, 1:26 PM

bongo14 said:
some good rommance/fantasy animes would be nice
its also importent to me that the charcter in the anime will look pretty and not ugly and eyesore...
and please spare me the love comedy ones that the charcters relationships stuck and doesnt go anywhere.. (its ok if its a realy good anime) or the onces with useless male that everyone falls inlove with him for no reason..

You just excluded more than half of the possible recommendations. xD
Maek your dreams...TAEK the LIDOFF...

11-23-11, 9:28 PM

@Naisugaii

some really great romance/comedy anime's that i enjoyed:

Lovely Complex - absolutely hilarious, and a really touching story as well (24 episodes, all of which are really good quality and actually build on the main story)

Clannad Afterstory - I see Clannad on your completed anime list, after story is 100 times better in my opinion, way more emotional and less harem than clannad was. Just building on the story of okazaki and nagisa. I highly reccommend you watch this ASAP. If you really get into anime's then you will definitely have to hold back some tears of sadness, and of just pure beautiful moments. this anime has it all.

Itazura na Kiss - another one hilarious one, it's very similar to lovely complex i find. you should definitely check this one out.

Toradora - amazing anime, funny and amazing characters.

these are all some of my favorite anime's and i'm a huge fan of romance anime. hope this helps!

11-24-11, 1:56 PM

Lovely Complex- Funny and touching story, with literally no filler as each episode has progression or roadblocks in the romance

Toradora: A masterpiece of anime for comedy but the romance and drama will grip you in and you can't help but fall for the characters

Mayo Chiki- I've found really good underated anime, definitely comedy in there and dashes of romance :)

Midori no Hibi- Lots of comedy and romance one of my favourite anime's a bit of eechi though :/

11-24-11, 6:04 PM

Any recommendations for a good romance that is not an annoying harem, is not too much ecchi, the relationship actually progresses, there are legitimate kiss scenes and such (Clannad and Kimi Ni Todoke are a couple exceptions that managed a cute romance with no kiss scene) And i want an ending. I dont want one of those shows that canceled due to financial issues, and i dont want one with a crap ending either, no main characters dieing. Ive seen a lot and im running out of ones to watch I don't mind Shounen, but usually shounen doesnt focus much on the romance, and i want the romance to be an important role not just a subtext. I like shoujo, but i tend to avoid Mahou shoujo due to how cliche the plot is and how annoying most of the characters are etc. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PalmTopTiger0212 (My list if it helps) Any suggestions are appreciated :3 (Oh and no animes with bad animation, the characters need to be cute. I am pretty picky)
Modified by TenoriTiger0212, 11-26-11, 3:04 PM

12-01-11, 12:02 AM

Uh...I don't know how to explain this very well but I'm looking for a show that is different from the usual romance anime in a sense where, the show doesn't stop when they confess their love for each other, I want the show to go beyond that, I want a show that presents what their relationship is like and how they interact with each other now that they are lovers, you know stuff like clannad after story and itzura na kiss.
*Tadakuni, Yoshitake, Hidenori*
The Tremendous Trio

12-01-11, 8:23 PM

hater23 said:
Uh...I don't know how to explain this very well but I'm looking for a show that is different from the usual romance anime in a sense where, the show doesn't stop when they confess their love for each other, I want the show to go beyond that, I want a show that presents what their relationship is like and how they interact with each other now that they are lovers, you know stuff like clannad after story and itzura na kiss.

These are about the only ones I can think of at the moment:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad
http://myanimelist.net/anime/877/Nana
http://myanimelist.net/anime/530/Sailor_Moon

12-03-11, 11:34 PM

if u r looking for romance anime than just look at my anime list there r maybe just 2 or3 anime that arent have to do with romance
"I was an adventurer like you once then i took an arrow in the knee" ~Skyrim guard

12-04-11, 5:24 AM

I'm looking something similar to School Days (Main watched+OVAs)

12-04-11, 7:23 AM

for something like school days:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: There's alot of drama and a love triangle and pretty violent and twisted like School Days.

ef - a tale of memories.: like school days, is not about happy romance, more of the painful effects and serious impacts of romance, are both set in a high school setting.

12-06-11, 12:23 PM

hmm how about Shuffle! or Infinite Stratos? White album is good too then theres R-15

12-06-11, 9:45 PM

Any recommendations for anime similar to hatsukoi limited in that its about multiple relationships, set in school, and has a good resolute ending? Hopefully in the genres of comedy, romance and school. Something like tordora, school rumble, and kimikiss? Also hoping its something thats relatable.

12-07-11, 3:33 AM

How about Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko,
the story and rommance was good,

12-07-11, 9:00 AM

I'm looking for something similar to True Tears! I just finished it and I loved it! It would be awesome if I could find something similar!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

12-07-11, 9:57 AM

I need a good harem/romance anime that I haven't watched
here is my list.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AlphaGenesis

12-07-11, 10:54 AM

AlphaGenesis said:
I need a good harem/romance anime that I haven't watched
here is my list.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AlphaGenesis

I suggest:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/157/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!- Mahou Sensei Negima! - Though from what I've seen the anime stops half-way through the manga. So I guess the manga would be a better option. It's from the same creator as Love Hina, which I saw you liked.

12-08-11, 2:47 PM

Just a couple of my favorites if you want to check them out

Otome Youkai Zakuro a very romantic anime with multiple pairings, fantasy
H2O: Footprints in the Sand a very sad trgedy that will have you in tears for sadness and happiness
Akane-Iro Ni Somaru Saka classic tsundere romance, with some issues with incest (just a warning)

And that's all i could think of that wasn't said already, though i still really loved myself; yourself

I need to check out kimi no todoke and true tears
Check out my poetry on Deviant Art

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices