MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Psychological/Thriller Recommendation Thread
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Recommendation Club »» Psychological/Thriller Recommendation Thread

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
09-23-12, 10:12 AM

Alexander-lee1 said:
is there an anime version to liar game?

One Outs is the closest to Liar Game (which still doesn't have an anime adaptation, unfortunately); it is pretty good and the main character has the same reasoning as Akiyama (same author).

09-26-12, 4:59 PM

Add Mouryou no Haku, Shion no Ou, and Aoi Bungaku to the Psychological thriller lists. Also Shiki and Another to a lesser degree.

I am reading Liar Game, and an anime adaptation would be nice, if they get around to it one day.

09-26-12, 5:02 PM

Uh-oh...this one too huh?

09-28-12, 1:58 AM

I dropped Shion no Ou half way, is it actually a good psychological thriller? I thought it was just some average shojo when I was watching it.

06-18-13, 5:41 PM

thrillers thrillers:
Mononoke (i agree, this one's definitely a winner. and not princess mononoke, this is mononoke the medicine seller, and if you aren't freaked out from the first story then this world has nothing else to offer)
fate/zero (a prequel to something that isn't worth watching. there are two characters in particular that are spinechillingly freaky. style: battle royale)
jigoku shoujo (futakomori, season two, is my favorite. it's fine to watch them out of order. things escalate pretty quickly in general...)
paranoia agent (from the makers of paprika, perfect blue, etc. definitely fits this category perfectly)
psycho-pass (the villain is brilliant--an accidental evil genius. for goodness sakes this is an entire society built upon psychological stability, policed by our main character and her supports--the group gets to see some freaky freaky things)

aku no hana (flowers of evil. it gets weird, and I personally just dropped it. but hey if its your thing)

just psychological/really-different-views:
mushishi (episodic with a theme: things are neither good nor bad, just accept all this weirdness as it is)
kino no tabi (see above, but with less hope for humanity)
pale cocoon (a short)

07-09-13, 8:01 PM

Surprised no one's mentioned "Life is money" (manga) very similar to Doubt as a type of horror game gone wrong.

07-16-13, 12:51 AM

I think there are some psychologicals elements in Shinsekai Yori...
Or even in Yosuga no sora
But sure, School Days is the best (with Monster, but I don't yet watched, I read only)

08-01-13, 3:52 PM

I'm not sure which type of anime they are but is there something like death note, code geass and psycho-pass?

09-20-13, 3:11 PM

Could someone recommend something similar to kara no kyuokai/shiki/another/elfen lied/darker than black/steins gate? Importance from start to end so kara no kyuokai is most important.

09-21-13, 6:33 PM

The only ones I can think of that haven't been mention (though I just skimmed ) are:

Death Billiards
Dogs: Bullets and Carnage (I've only read the manga though but it's an amusing type of twisted)
Denpa Teki na Kanojo (a tad strange but bare with it)
Modified by BlueBellBerry, 09-21-13, 6:36 PM
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I might be crazy. So, what's the problem?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices