Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2011 6:39 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, the battle rages on. *sigh*
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:28 AM

Nov 20, 2013 2:16 PM

May 2012
Oh boy, things sure are getting good! Lets see if the wish can be granted and that something good comes out of it!
Dec 15, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
A lot of staring and lightning this episode.
Jan 9, 2014 10:42 AM

Oct 2009
So only those who died within one year time can be brought back to life, which means if Yamucha and Tenshinhan are not resurrected with this wish, they can't be resurrected with Earth's Dragon Balls at all. And Chaozu and Kuririn can't be brought back to life, anyway - with Earth's Dragon Balls, that is. The only possible way is if Namekian Dragon Balls don't have one year interval to grant new wishes
I wonder if Yamucha and Tenshinhan are resurrected with Grand Elder's Dragon Balls, can they be resurrected again later with Kami-sama's Dragon Balls?
So Gohan's returns to the battlefield in next episode? Considering he wasn't able to beat Freeza even when he was only in his third transformation, and most of his ki has been taken by Piccolo after that, how can he hope to do anything to Freeza now?
SerhiykoFeb 9, 2014 5:20 AM
Jan 9, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2014
Mr. Popo and God summon Shenlong. Kaio's plan is that everyone who was killed by Frieza and his crew will be revived. If they're lucky, the Grand Elder Guru will be alive, too. And with him alive, Polunga will appear and the third wish from earlier remains. With this wish, everyone on Namek except Frieza should be brought to Earth. That Kaio is smart!
Jan 29, 2016 11:36 PM

May 2013
King Kai is a genius! This was a great episode, a lot happened! The Goku and Freiza fight looks to be done soon, and the Dragon Balls being found and we'll see the culmination of both in the next few episodes.

Mar 5, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
King Kai doesn't get the love he should, his plan is actually really clever and he's easily one of the most useful character's in the franchise.
Jun 16, 2016 9:49 PM

Feb 2016
Nice plan from King Kai but... I'm curious.

Kami is having Mr. Popo collect the dragon balls and he had stated he was near the last one. Which brings up the question: Is Kami, as the creator of the dragon balls on Earth, able to pinpoint where they are if he chooses? It's not like he has Bulma's dragon radar so...

Secondly, if the wish is granted I'd imagine then it'd mean that Gohan will have to leave the ship and go make the wish. Right? Piccolo is incapacitated, Goku is fighting Frieza, Bulma... isn't really a option, my only other thought is the Namekians being revived. Dende would be nearby and could do it.

But... if there resurrected, they would just die once again as the planet blows up ._. Right?...

The plot thickens >_>

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 19, 2018 5:00 AM

Nov 2017
How long is this fight..? I'm sure Goku will come out victorious in the end though.

You know, I never thought a wish on this scale would actually work. But it will in the end I bet. However, the wish is to bring back everyone who's been killed by Frieza, but Piccolo isn't dead. He's on the brink of death. And if he perishes at all, it's very bad because Guru can't ressurect him again.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 19, 2018 11:24 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, the battle rages on. *sigh*

It's like the neverending fight o.o

Feb 24, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
So that bit about only bringing back 1 person from the dead?
Dec 14, 2019 2:52 AM

Mar 2010
The plan is good from Kaio but what does Freeza and crew include. Would it also mean the ones killed by Vegeta and anyway how can Shenlong revive more than one?

But the part about bringing them all to earth is genius indeed. Only if it works out though.
Jul 31, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
What an ingenious plan from King Kai, he certainly thought and mulled over every single little detail down to a T. Resurrecting all the Nameks that have been murdered by Frieza would, as stated, pave the way for Guru's revival, resulting to, potentially, bringing back those who died more than once, throwing a dent at the Earth's dragon ball rule of not resuscitating life forms who met their end once before. At least, that's what I assume. They would have to wait a year, though. That is if the Namek's dragon balls have a one-year interval to their use.

I have to say that Frieza has proven himself to be truly powerful. He is decently keeping up with the legendary Super Saiyan form. Kudos for Frieza.
Oct 4, 2020 5:30 PM
May 2019
Oh my, I certainly wasn't expecting Kaio's plan. He truly has thought this out, huh. Still, I find myself amused at the bond the three of them share. Chaozu not being able to leave results in Tien desiring to stay as well. Bulma truly doesn't trust Piccolo, it seems. Well, that's understandable - she obviously hasn't seen the change of heart he has had in recent times. Just like what happened to Tien, Piccolo has also grown closer to them. Obviously, it's a bit different with someone like Piccolo, who's father was completely evil. I don't really believe Piccolo to be like his father, however. He certainly does possess something his father didn't.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.