Forum Settings
Forums

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers

New
Oct 24, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
According to their official press release, Sentai Filmworks has licensed Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers.

Crunchyroll is currently streaming the series as it airs in Japan. Sentai will release the series on subtitled DVD next year.

Source: Sentai Press Release
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 24, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
In before people complain that their favorite show wasn't licensed instead.

Anyway, this seems like the typical kinda show Sentai goes after, so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Oct 24, 2011 2:23 PM

Jan 2010
I most likely wont be buying it but I guess it's nice for people who really like those shows.

It certainly isn't offensive and it's a pretty entertaining VN adaptation. I hope it does well in Japan so that Manglobe can finally get some money coming in. They've been making unsuccessful show after unsuccessful show and it's quite depressing to see that.
Ok™
Oct 24, 2011 2:25 PM

Apr 2010
McRib said:
I most likely wont be buying it but I guess it's nice for people who really like those shows.

It certainly isn't offensive and it's a pretty entertaining VN adaptation. I hope it does well in Japan so that Manglobe can finally get some money coming in. They've been making unsuccessful show after unsuccessful show and it's quite depressing to see that.

Early preorder numbers show it'll likely be another show that sells like 1.5k-2k, so this won't be the hit that Manglobe has been looking for.

Oct 24, 2011 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
RyanSaotome said:

Anyway, this seems like the typical kinda show Sentai goes after, so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

I thought the same thing, this is a show right up Sentai's alley. Not surprised in the least.
Oct 24, 2011 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
Why Sentai, Why? it's not selling well in Japan and it's ok but not popular here either.

I'll pass on buying this, I will get the Character CDs though since I like the heroines but honestly outside of the characters it's very average and will stay that way unless sex scenes are included.

Oct 24, 2011 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
Pannya~ all is good~

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Oct 24, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
RyanSaotome said:

Yeah that's true. But it's cool that they picked this up as I like this anime though. But I probably will pass on buying this.
Oct 24, 2011 5:32 PM
Apr 2011
I like this anime, but I probably pass on it since it not on blu-ray, dvd on an hdtv don't go together...
Oct 24, 2011 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Haha, I was JUST ABOUT to complain about that since all of Manglobe's anime have been licensed, all but one, and that one happens to be one of my all time favorites! But then I see the name Sentai and all my worries went away... because I hate Sentai~
Oct 24, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2010
Show after show this season gets licensed... pretty good job.

Well, nice that this got an adaption. I won't buy it, of course, but its been doing a nice (read okay) job so far, so I'll commend it in that respect for not falling victim to the "rapethecamerawithgobsandgobsoffanservice" bug.
Oct 24, 2011 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
ಠ_ಠ
Oct 24, 2011 6:54 PM

Jul 2009
hmm....this animes actually not bad so dont see why you're complaining
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2011 6:57 PM
Apr 2009
I just set this anime on my plan to watch list like 2 days ago and now it's licensed?! O.O
Oct 24, 2011 7:58 PM

May 2011
Yeah, license all you want companies, your sales are gonna be shitt deep in the toilet.
No offense, I wouldn't pay the price they charge for this stuff, the only upside to the BD's is 1080p but 1080p monitors/TV's are insanely op.
Oct 24, 2011 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
MaipleLeaf said:
ಠ_ಠ

^ This.
Well, I don't even live in US, so it doesn't affect me if gets licensed or not, but I wouldn't buy anyway.
Oct 24, 2011 9:40 PM
Oct 2008
RyanSaotome said:

You know this post got me thinking. People don't really care about if crunchy or fansubs groups doing certain anime. Maybe NOT doing certain anime, but most of the time leechers just choose a fansub group/crunchy and get it over with. Sentai can choose to license whatever anime they want to bring over outside of Japan. It's not like the DVD sales of anime outside of Japan follow a MUST SELL THIS MUCH IN A CERTAIN PERIOD model. It seems to me that Sentai is bringing a variety of anime titles over for English speakers to enjoy instead of just doing all the big hits all the time. It would be a gross misrepresentation of the medium if everything that was on western shelves were only popular megahits.
Oct 24, 2011 9:43 PM

Jun 2008
jpp8 said:
RyanSaotome said:

You know this post got me thinking. People don't really care about if crunchy or fansubs groups doing certain anime. Maybe NOT doing certain anime, but most of the time leechers just choose a fansub group/crunchy and get it over with. Sentai can choose to license whatever anime they want to bring over outside of Japan. It's not like the DVD sales of anime outside of Japan follow a MUST SELL THIS MUCH IN A CERTAIN PERIOD model. It seems to me that Sentai is bringing a variety of anime titles over for English speakers to enjoy instead of just doing all the big hits all the time. It would be a gross misrepresentation of the medium if everything that was on western shelves were only popular megahits.

But at the same time, ADV (Sentai's predecessor) went under because it wasted too much money on crappy and unpopular titles. Sub-only releases as opposed to dubbing everything is definitely a step in the right direction, though. I just hope they're doing okay financially.
Oct 25, 2011 12:43 AM

Sep 2010
I kinda figured they would get this for some reason, but I still hope they will get Kimi to Boku too.

I also figured if Sentai did get this it was going to be subbed only and it is. I'm not buying it since I doubt it would be buy worthy anyways then again the series is only 3 episodes in I might change my mind.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 25, 2011 5:19 AM

Aug 2011
Oct 25, 2011 6:52 AM

Nov 2008
Applecrack said:
Yeah, license all you want companies, your sales are gonna be shitt deep in the toilet.
No offense, I wouldn't pay the price they charge for this stuff, the only upside to the BD's is 1080p but 1080p monitors/TV's are insanely op.

WHAT!!!!

1080p TVs are actual pretty damn affordable and computers as well unless you are getting a 3DTV or PC then you'll be paying premium price. Are you trying to get a 50" or something. LG's are affordable get one of those.

Oct 25, 2011 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
haven't started watchig it yet so i can't say anuthing
Oct 25, 2011 5:33 PM

Nov 2010
ITS SO BAD.
Oct 25, 2011 7:34 PM

Apr 2011
I'll definitely buy Oretachi but this one isn't as good.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Today

4 by Memore »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

14 by deg »»
57 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
5 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.