Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2012 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
That guy was crazy.
Dec 27, 2012 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
i've watched this on the funimation blu ray, and i was mildly disappointed with the quality.

sometimes it looks like DVD quality, other times it's BD.

like the scene when Sera's talking about the coffin with Walter.

you can see how low quality it is :\

but other than that amazing episode as always.

i wonder if the JPN BD are much better(as always)

the weapons prepared by Walter are the best!!!

i also almost forgotten how awesome Walter is(The Angel of Death!)

the Valentine brother's got fucked up so bad, and i feel sorry for Integra having to kill her comrades herself.

Luke got scared at the Vampire master :P

the next episode is gonna be interesting!!!!!!

love this series, i might read the manga soon!
Dec 27, 2012 9:15 PM

Apr 2009
PrinceHeir said:
i wonder if the JPN BD are much better(as always)

No, they are the same. Thing is, episodes 1-5 were originally DVD-only, episode 6 was the first one to hit BDs. Later they've remastered 1-5 into the new format, OVA1 looked the worst, so it has been redrawn heavily taking much of the time and budget, so now it is one of the best looking episodes. OVA2 was one of the best looking on DVDs, so I have a feeling they've got to it last when there were no time and money left. OVA3 looks more HD-ish overall, OVA4 only have one blurry scene in the beginning, OVA5 is all good except maybe for a paler color scheme at times (was also paler on DVD, almost like that's the way they wanted it to be for some reason).
Jan 3, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
Jan 9, 2013 8:29 PM

Apr 2012
I enjoyed the first episode but this was definitely an improvement. It was more focused and the fight scenes were better too.

Also, even more blood this time around - if they keep steadily increasing it each time then I bet the finale will just be pure blood.
Jan 20, 2013 11:09 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
not exactly most interesting story, but nice gore, murder action!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 12, 2013 6:48 PM

Jun 2009
"Boo Boo People Murder People"....for some reason that really sticks with me. There were some really cool action set pieces this episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2013 1:09 AM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
"Boo Boo People Murder People"....for some reason that really sticks with me. There were some really cool action set pieces this episode.

"Boo Doo PeoPle MurDer PeoPle" is most probably a reference to "Voodoo People" song by The Prodigy by the way.
Jul 13, 2013 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
Am I the only one that prefers the TV series to this so far?
Jul 14, 2013 12:28 AM

Apr 2009
Hakuromatsu said:

What are your reasons?
Jul 14, 2013 3:28 AM

May 2013
Hakuromatsu said:

After watching the TV series and then watching this, Hellsing Ultimate will feel a little bit weird, especially because the pacing is so different. You also watched the TV series already.

For instance, if the last episodes of Code Geass were really amazing (I haven't watched it so far) and you start watching something like, Steins;Gate and you only watched like, two or three episodes, of course you'd prefer Code Geass so far, even though you might like Steins;Gate more than Code Geass when you finished it. It's pretty much the same here.
Jul 17, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
Alucard is so badass. He made that guy hopped for his life on one leg. xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 17, 2013 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
Kirii-chan said:
For instance, if the last episodes of Code Geass were really amazing (I haven't watched it so far) and you start watching something like, Steins;Gate and you only watched like, two or three episodes, of course you'd prefer Code Geass so far, even though you might like Steins;Gate more than Code Geass when you finished it. It's pretty much the same here.

No, the first 2-3 episodes of S;G were better than anything Code Geass had to offer, and it's somewhat similar here. Hellsing Ultimate is too bombastic for it's own good; it's like a self-caricature. Everything that the OVA touts over the TV series -- the animation, the violence, the language -- is overexaggerated to the point of losing its impact. The TV series isn't perfect in that regard, either, but it's better.

And, to add to that, the comparatively lighter style of the TV series compliments the ridiculousness of Hellsing's premise. The jazzier music is a good example of that: it makes the over-the-top bloody action sequences fun, as opposed to the heavyhanded orchestral music of Ultimate, which serves to make it...well, heavyhanded. When I first heard about Millennium before starting Ultimate I thought, "cool, Nazis in a vampire story, the absurdity of that sounds like a lot of fun." But it's not fun, largely because Ultimate is trying to portray Millennium (so far, anyway) as a deadly serious organization in an unironic way, when it's not. It's a bunch of Neo-Nazis in a vampire story. And really, the music is the biggest part of that.

Ultimate tries to present itself as less serious with the chibi sequences, but that just whips the mood around until it curdles. The contrast is too stark for it to do any good because you could remove the chibi sequences and the rest of the episode wouldn't seem any more serious.

Of course, my opinion could change since I've only seen three episodes. But right now, I'm sorry, this is tedious.
Jul 29, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2011
Brilliant episode, Alucard's abilities are awesome and I feel like I still haven't seen anything
4/5
ValeBreckAug 2, 2013 3:29 AM
Jul 29, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2012
I hate to tell you this but Hellsing tv version is shit. Shit animation, shit story structure, shit anime only additions, ghouls don't bleed wtf, but the decide to add blowjob scenes so whats the point toning down violence if you going to add sexual shit, Incognito is shit, also so much about the story doesn't add up in tv version, you never know why the vamp chips have nazi swatzika on them, you never learn why they doing this, Alucard is barely in it, Seras is more prominent but even more useless, no Wild Geese... you know what I will be here all day if I had to list everything that is shit about the tv version. So I will simply end it with the few things it did alright. The dub is pretty authentic, Alucard is badass and music is pretty unique, though personally I don't think it fits. Thats it everything else... its shit.
Aug 15, 2013 5:27 AM

Nov 2012
damn! XD it is really awesome.. no too awesome! XD
the valentine brothers finally come.. so fast btw :3
DAT scene when the ghoul shooting from the buss! XD YEY YEAH! XD

and luke sword's skill is really awesome.. way too awesome..! XD

and it is gonna be more awesome with nazi on it! XD
Aug 21, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2013
Veethorn said:
Integra is a much more interesting character in the OVA version than in the TV series with no doubt.

I agree. Plus, I like how she interacts with Victoria more. In the TV series, her character was too distant and independent.
Sep 2, 2013 4:59 AM

Jan 2012
I have a feeling that after finishing this series, I'll have Alucard as one of my favorite characters, just seeing him completely destroy Luke was beyond words.
Oct 5, 2013 5:02 AM

Mar 2013
Damn that Jan guy was an annoying little bitch. I hate those gangster types.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Oct 26, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
Very nice episode.
I loved from the beginning the reference to "before" vamipire's life of Alucard,it seems that all his family was killed,but was he good or bad?
And wow.something related to Nazi army,i thin we will get a lot of fights here :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 5, 2013 3:13 AM

Oct 2009
Alucard is a freaking beast! Didn't this happen towards the end of the TV series?

And Star Wars club, Millennium Falcon??!! LOL! Mangaka must be a fan XD
Dec 4, 2013 1:16 PM

May 2012
Damn amazing episode I must say, really enjoyed the whole development and action! Let's see what the next episode has to offer but damn this sure is interesting as hell!

Lol @ the Star Wars reference :p
Mar 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2014
the the one brother that was constantly talkin shit was amazing

i was laughin so hard i wanted him to live
Mar 23, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
Things are getting intresting :3

May 21, 2014 3:10 PM

Jun 2011
Wow that was freakin awesome, especially when I watch this with my brain off (because I am tired as f). It was pretty tragic when Integra had to put her ghoul subordinates to rest.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 21, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
Very entertaining episode full of bloody action.

I like that just about all of the characters are actually contributing something here. Walter seems pretty awesome (the Angel of Death title only makes him sound even more cool), Seras is wreaking havoc and Alucard is just a badass as expected. Also Integra taking up the role of putting them out of their misery was a fitting end.

"Welcome to Hellsing."
Jul 9, 2014 2:38 AM

Sep 2013
deffinetively better than the first episode

seems they will be throwing in all the cutesy mood swings with seras and whatnot, it kind of ruins the badassery and dark tone i got used to from the tv series which i actually really liked

and is it just me or did they make alucard.... more pretty?
he looks too young sometimes, and has kinda feminine and stylished facial feautures when he takes the glasses off
in the tv series he seemed 30 yo+ and he was ugly as fuck, it was pretty badass that way tbh
his voice sounds older than he looks, it totally suited him in the original series on the other hand

shame shame shame

oh well..

Jul 9, 2014 8:16 AM

Apr 2009
militrix
Just to be clear with one major thing. Old Hellsing TV series is not quite the original Hellsing. The original Hellsing that started all of this is Hellsing manga.
They've started animating Hellsing TV series when only 3 out of 10 manga volumes were ready, so there actually were not enough material to work with, yet they went with it anyway, putting huge fillers in-between, so some supporting one-off characters got more development that they originally had to, some appeared out of the thin air, plus from the second half the TV series went completely its own direction that has nothing to do with the original manga at all.
Hellsing Ultimate on the other hand respects the original pretty much all the time with only minor additions, cuts and rearrangements, mostly in early episodes.
Jul 18, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
kie_ said:
wow much better than the tv show

this exactly, enjoyed this so much.
Jul 26, 2014 4:39 AM

Aug 2013
"I'm heading to the basement." Immediately after Luke Valentine said that I thought "no...no you don't want to go there" haha. Well look at what happened to him. All bark and no bite, pun intended.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 27, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2013
That was a tremendous waste of human resources. Cash down the drain. If your organization's personnel are unable to deal with the lowest potential threats in the business (namely ghouls) then you've been doing your training wrong.
Sep 21, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap that was brutal! Walter was a complete badass. Alucard completely bitchslapped Valentine and the Hellsing organization was decimated. Hell even a Star Wars reference. Can't wait for next week!

And also NAZI'S!!!!!
Sep 27, 2014 11:27 PM

Apr 2014
Holy tits shit! I was told to watch this(by many many people) show when i just finished Black Lagoon and i was looking for something like it, but i kept putting it off because vampires... Ugh i just hate the entire vampires, zombies genre but omg omfg i'm so pissed i didn't watch this shit immediately! I don't care if it is vampires and gouls or what ever this is the most epic shit i've seen in months, i'm in love its everything i love in anime this is the reason i watch anime to find and adore gems like these. I'm so happy toonami started airing it other wise i probably wouldn't have watched this for some time still.

Fucking awesome episode! Limbs being ripped off, gushing blood everywhere ohhh goddddd i love it!! I'm buying this shit as soon as i get paid! This is a real vampire, not that twilight sparkly shit. But for real what the fuck is this vampire guy(idk his name to lazy to find out), he like Satan himself? What was that seal he released!? ~Never watched the tv version btw, everyone said don't bother or if anything watch this first.~
Nov 3, 2014 9:23 AM
Jun 2013
So the manga had just a regular coffin hu. I think seras would have been less freaked out if they did the coffin bed like the first anime. I really do like the comedy bits. Its a nice breather from all the violence and blood. Was happy to see the bros again and to see that they are the same from the first anime. Though surprised they didint do a set up for the attack first. The round table gun show was also awesome.I was also dieing when they mentioned start wars. Of course the greatest and most evil foe DAM NAZIS! Another great episode.
Nov 3, 2014 9:36 AM
Jun 2013
ScarletMuse said:
Very cool episode. Yeah Integra is more interesting in the OVA.

Iv watched the tv anime and this one back to back and see no difference with her character so far. Which is a good thing since she was good in the tv show as well. Hell the killing of her own men was handled better in the tv show if anything since it showed her shooting more then one guy. It showed her shooting bullet by bullet and how much it pained her.
Nov 6, 2014 9:44 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, Alucard has a limiter on him? I guess that was placed by the founder of the Hellsing Corporation, Mr. Hellsing himself?

Hate how Luke pussied out so quickly. Gloats about how he was engineered specifically to kill Alucard, and then becomes a squealing wreck.

Though it looks like Hellsing Co. lost all its staff.
Nov 6, 2014 9:47 PM

Sep 2014
Seras = So hot.
Nov 17, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
Loved it!!
The plot was definitely better than the pilot, with Hellsing manor being attacked by the Valentine brothers and their army of ghouls and Alucard & co trying to protect the Round Table Members, whereas the first episode only contained random hunting of vampires.
Alucard showed he's not someone you want to mess with, ever. God, he's like a super super vampire. And damn that was some badass grandpa, not that I wasn't expecting it from someone who works as a personal aide to the Hellsing family head. Though I was pleasantly surprised to learn he was human, I had tagged him as a vampire from his first appearance. Loooooved Seras' gun/sniper or whatever it was.
The only thing that I can complain about was Seras being used as fan service material, again. Though her struggle with her vampirism against her humanity could be used very well to flesh out her character more in the coming episodes, as it was hinted at in this one.
And am I the only one who thinks the animation quality improved from the previous episode? Music was good, especially for the fighting scenes.
Also Alucard's flashback was a bonus. I hope the series explains his origins or at least how he became what he is.
Dec 25, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2014
Much better fight between Arucard and Luke in this one.
Dec 31, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
Yes!! Star Wars, Millennium Falcon and Han Solo

Feb 7, 2015 1:32 AM
Jul 2014
Great show!
Feb 8, 2015 2:29 PM
Jan 2012
Fantastic episode. To call Alucard a monster would be an understatement. Seras going insane is always enjoyable to watch, also.
Mar 23, 2015 7:43 AM
Mar 2012
Good episode. I like the series, it’s got style.

One thing about this is the same issue with Ghost In Shell Series—the Major is never in any danger. She easily kicks all enemies ass. Alucard is like that so far, I can’t imagine that he’d never really be in trouble.

Also don't like the randomly cartoony sequences with the girl, they are distracting.

Still the fights have style as I said, and I like the trash talking. Talking in fights are annoying sometimes but here it’s cool.

I know about the legends of vampires and all but I've never actually been a vampire fan as such. This is my first vampire anime, so it'll be interesting to see where it goes.
Mar 23, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Another nice episode, I'm not really sure how to rate this show. I really like Alucard and Seras but something's missing to be a 9+.
May 10, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, this anime is seriously amazing. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I am, this episode impressed me alot. 10/10 for me!
May 15, 2015 8:48 AM
Apr 2015
god damn nazis
Jun 7, 2015 12:39 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode full of action. Crazy to see how powerful some of these vampires are.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jun 14, 2015 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
fucking intense episode...Arucard badass af.
Jan's vulgarness was pretty awesome, too bad he dieded.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2014
I really don't understand why is there a comedy part in this thing.
It was horrible in FMA:B and now here...totally ruins the mood, just let the dark story stay dark, ffs.
Jul 30, 2015 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Huge body count this episode! Its pretty sad to see all those Hellsing agents get killed. I'm surprised there weren't more fighter on par with the butler among the humans.

I hope we eventually get the story of how Alucard began serving the Hellsing family.

souledge94 said:
I really do like the comedy bits. Its a nice breather from all the violence and blood.

I agree. I think the presence of humor expands the range of emotion you experience while watching a show. I like that this show doesn't take itself to seriously.
DaydreamHeroJul 30, 2015 10:13 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Yesterday, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.