Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2008 5:24 PM

Jul 2008
I thought this story might be interesting to those who really liked the Director Alpha and the Taapon chapters. Probably as close as a human will get right now towards being able to experience this kind of thing just like her :)

http://67rts.org/flightofthedragonlady.htm

Here's a bit of a glossary for some of the terms used:

True Airspeed - airspeed relative to the surrounding air

Indicated Airspeed - the actual airspeed read off the instruments; can vary from true airspeed due to the pressure sensitivity of the instrumentation

Class E Airspace - a type of airspace classified for air traffic control purposes (occupied by "instrument" and "visual" navigating aircraft)

Flight Level - equivalent to x hundreds of feet. For example, Flight Level 600 is 60,000 feet above mean sea level, Flight Level 290 is 29,000 feet etc.

Stall Buffet - a buffeting of the aircraft caused when airflow over a wing is too slow, causing a separation of airflow and loss of aerodynamic lift

Mach Buffet - a buffeting of the aircraft caused when airflow over a wing is too fast, causing a disruption of airflow and loss of aerodynamic control if a wing is not designed for transonic or supersonic speed. Minimum speed before stall buffeting and maximum speed for Mach buffeting merge with an increase in altitude at subsonic speed.

VS0 - designated landing speed

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Will YKK Ever Come Out in America?

Gaiden199 - Aug 8, 2008

28 by Bdiah »»
Mar 24, 2022 2:33 PM

» I think I'm gonna write a book.

StarfleetCpt - Sep 24, 2008

5 by Hiruel22 »»
Dec 2, 2017 7:35 PM

» Help me decide on a YKK-themed wallpaper

StarfleetCpt - Aug 26, 2008

4 by removed-user »»
Feb 12, 2016 11:37 PM

» A Place of One's Own

starshinesMonet - Feb 2, 2012

5 by starshinesMonet »»
Jan 27, 2016 7:31 PM

» YKK group at Facebook

kitsmom - Mar 13, 2011

1 by ajhatter »»
Mar 18, 2011 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.