MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime and manga difference.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru »» Anime and manga difference.

10-23-11, 1:23 PM

I've just recently finished watching the anime and wanted to read the manga.
I was literally drawn into this intense show and since the ending was very disappointing and i'v been told the manga is much more detailed emotional and gives much more info regarding to Luka and Yuki relationship

My question is: does the manga follows the anime or has the anime taken a completely different turn?
And if the manga does follows the anime to some point what chapter should I start my reading at?

~Dont forget Always. Someone is fighting for you -As long as you remember "her" you're not alone~

~It must be convenient to have a selective memory~

11-28-11, 1:20 PM

From someone who started reading the manga before watching the anime, I recommend just starting from the beginning.

I read the manga up to chapter 21, and I can say that the main plot is the same (except that the anime is farther then till where I read).

But the manga is way deeper and there are some differences in character meetings/battles/etc.

02-15-12, 8:41 AM

yes the manga has more details, and also, new characters, like for example a pair of Zweilt guardians that never showed up in the anime, Sairi and Leah (a boy and a girl);D
here´s some of the differences:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 飛ぶ

04-25-12, 4:24 AM

camulahikari and Orulyon are both right about the differences.

The huge problem is: the story in the anime goes until the 7th volume of the manga. And, online (in English), there are only translations until the beginning of the 5th volume now. In the USA, the official translation is on its beginning. So if you want to read it and to go as further as you can, you have three choices:
- To read it online in English and wait for the rest to come out translated;
- Read the manga in raw (Japanese), because right now, as far as I'm concerned, it came out until volume 9 there;
- Read the manga in German, it came out until volume 8 there.

I don't know about any other translations besides the English and the German but, as far as I'm concerned, there aren't others.

(In my case, although English or German aren't my mother tongues, I've been reading the manga online. I am waiting for the time I'll travel to Germany [it'll take long, but it is gonna happen someday] and, when I'll be there, I'll sure buy the rest of the remaining volumes in German. However, I'll do that because I, luckily, am studying German on school. Otherwise, if I didn't understand it, I'd just wait for the manga to come out online)
Modified by phecda, 04-25-12, 4:35 AM

05-06-12, 1:52 PM

Hello!
I read the manga in italian up until Volume 8, since it is licensed in my country.
Story is pretty much the same except for a few things. Orulyon is totally right, I will add some more:

I also suggest you to read all the volumes from the beginning, for the little differences and the depeer story.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices