Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 4, 2016 5:46 AM

Apr 2015
This anime is so boring ;_; Is it worth to watch all episodes?
May 4, 2016 12:51 PM
Jun 2014
Jeallycow said:
This anime is so boring ;_; Is it worth to watch all episodes?

No, apparently not.
Jul 23, 2016 4:23 AM

Jun 2016
Iskanders debut is just ridiculous :D
Aug 19, 2016 8:05 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! I'm getting slightly annoyed at Iskander's master. For someone who fights as a noble warrior, his master is a disgrace, but I hope he does improve.

Diarmuid vs Saber!! Getting good!!!

And of course Iskander himself. No fear, no hiding BS. Ready to fight anyone that stands between his way.

Let's go!!!
Oct 16, 2016 3:45 PM

Mar 2010
Ah I didn't realize saber would make such a big mistake.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2017 3:27 AM

May 2009
Full of epicness. *slow clap*
Damn, the animation is really really really breathtaking.*^*
This is just getting better and better! :DD

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 27, 2018 4:17 PM

Sep 2017
Nice episode, and I never expected Rider to convert this into a threesome. Hyped.

I like the battle where each of them ups the other and shows their hidden skills. Saber proves to be intellectual in deciding how to tackle the enemy. And Kiritsugu made the right call not to attack the asssassins.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 15, 2018 1:09 AM

Sep 2013
Intense fight going on with Saber and Lancer...and now it's gonna get more intense it seems!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 20, 2019 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
The fight alone in this episode blows away everything the Deen Fate series had to offer wow.
Also Rider at the end was so awesome lmao.
Mar 21, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
Excellent episode, ya gotta love Rider swooping in and breaking up the first battle in a wtf kind of interruption.
May 1, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2014
I like Iskandar. Cool dude.

Nobody is going to answer this anyway, guess I will have to wait and see but
How do these heroes work? do they all know each other (as in have heard the name atleast), do they only know who was a hero before them? How aware are they of the grail war? They seem to do this stuff every year, not just for the 4th time now
where to they even come from? When they die, do they just respawn in the next war?

Im looking forward to see the answers to this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 2, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
Comander-07 said:
How aware are they of the grail war? They seem to do this stuff every year, not just for the 4th time now

there are grail wars that happen in alternate universes, but that's not relevant to the story here.
in this universe, there has only been 4 grail wars so far, FZ's war is the fourth, and FSN's war will be the fifth.
Comander-07 said:
where to they even come from? When they die, do they just respawn in the next war?

explained in Fate/stay night VN:

^ this is isn't really a spoiler since FSN anime neglect to explain it and FZ is meant to watched after all 3 routes of FSN, but I've marked it as a spoiler anyway, in case you're interested in reading the VN at some point
May 2, 2019 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
Shayon said:
Comander-07 said:
How aware are they of the grail war? They seem to do this stuff every year, not just for the 4th time now

there are grail wars that happen in alternate universes, but that's not relevant to the story here.
in this universe, there has only been 4 grail wars so far, FZ's war is the fourth, and FSN's war will be the fifth.
Comander-07 said:

^ this is isn't really a spoiler since FSN anime neglect to explain it and FZ is meant to watched after all 3 routes of FSN, but I've marked it as a spoiler anyway, in case you're interested in reading the VN at some point
Ah I see. Thx for the quick response!

I was just wondering because Saber seems to be completely aware of the grail, what it means and their time while Iskander was like "you wear pants these days?" The general way the servants interact seems like its some kind of sport to them. Also why do servants even care about wishes? Only the master gets his wish anyway, or do both get one?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 3, 2019 1:33 AM

Oct 2014
Comander-07 said:
Shayon said:

Ah I see. Thx for the quick response!

I was just wondering because Saber seems to be completely aware of the grail

no problem

the grail appears in Arthurian legends, although she doesn't know if this fuyuki grail is the same thing that appeared during her time or not, what matters to her is that it could grant her wish

the Fate route(first route of the VN) is saber's route and that's where her backstory and character is explored
Comander-07 said:
while Iskander was like "you wear pants these days?" The general way the servants interact seems like its some kind of sport to them. Also why do servants even care about wishes? Only the master gets his wish anyway, or do both get one?

that's just Iskandar's personality, Saber and Lancer are both knights so they feel honored to be fight each other, Caster is an insane child murderer, and Gil is arrogant to the extreme

Urobuchi also mishandled saber's character, she isn't supposed to care about honor and code of chivalry so much

both the winning master and servant each get a wish
Jun 10, 2019 9:10 AM

Dec 2018
I assume this was a different Lancer than the one in SN 2006. But they both had the Gae Borg technique.

So they think Saber's master is a novice, eh? Well Kiritsugu fooled them for good.

I liked the blending of different era that happened in this fight. Some use traditional weapon, some use magic, some use high tech weapon.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 30, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
Really nice fight between Saber and Lancer, loving the animation.
Iskandar really has no care in the world haha, great guy.
nerfxJul 30, 2019 12:05 PM
Oct 9, 2019 12:04 AM

Sep 2017
Rider iskandar is so cool ahaha, So down to earth. Hope he makes it far.
Dec 22, 2019 3:43 AM

Dec 2014
ok rider joined in the brawl hmmm
Feb 28, 2020 6:33 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Okay, I'm pretty hooked now. I'm so pleased they got off the top of that bridge. Rider's master precariously clinging on to those girders was making my palms sweat. I hate heights.

If that cut tendon doesn't heal, does that mean Saber has lost the use of her thumb and is just going to bleed out from that wound? If so, she's not got long to live I guess. I've got a feeling that plot armour will save her in some fashion - she seems like a character in it for the long haul.

Lancer's still looking pretty hot ;)

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Nov 16, 2020 12:02 PM
Oct 2020
That fight was awesome! Although it would be cooler if we could actually see Saber's sword.
Oct 25, 2021 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
Charm magic.
Kiritsugu is there.
Lancer's master?
Assassin?
Kirei.
Lancer red spear.
Dat sakuga.
Saber got hurt.
Lancer slipped?
Saber and Lancer cut each other.
Gae Dearg. Gae Buidhe.
Diarmuid.
Lancer knows Saber's identity.
Rider appears.
Rider just revealed his identity. LMAO at Waver's face.
Dat ending.

Great episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 4, 2021 11:56 AM
Aug 2017
Lmao Rider landed right in the middle of Saber and Lancer

F/Z Rider FTW

Ending song hype
Dec 23, 2021 8:12 AM

Jun 2019
Yup... that's ufotable I know. Pumping out that animation as always. Saber is cool but she may be in trouble here. Also, Rider is here.
Apr 24, 2022 12:33 AM

Feb 2021
Action was good, everything else was atrociously slow paced and boring. In combat dialogue is way too long and melodramatic
Jun 9, 2022 11:14 AM
Nov 2020
Nothing just me giving a salute to ufotable for this god tier animation in 2011.....and damn why are these episode so short
Aug 18, 2022 5:58 AM
Aug 2022
best anime episode
Sep 3, 2022 2:48 AM
Jun 2022
Fantastic episode with a fantastic fight
Jul 24, 2023 5:52 PM
Jul 2023
Wow, thats gotta be one of my favourite anime fights. You can see how careful both of them are of each other, as they slowly reveal their cards to each other. Not being able to see Saber's sword was interesting for Lancer to fight against, and it was very pleasing to see him use two giant spears with two different strategies, given they have different abilities.

-Being cursed for people to fall in love with Lancer is hilarious, I wonder if there will be further mention of that with Saber (i think it worked on me)
-I love how rider just comes and third wheels their fight at the end
-It was awesome when Saber revealed her sword
Aug 23, 2023 11:01 PM

Dec 2022
Iskandar the Rider is a real one fr interfering with that kind of attitude XD but overall a decent ep yeh.

Nov 6, 2023 12:31 AM
May 2023
Rider takes best servant for me
Nov 30, 2023 2:52 PM
Dec 2021
good fight, cool powers and I think I'm in love with saber
Dec 1, 2023 7:20 PM

Nov 2023
That was a really epic battle b
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.