Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 4:34 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not much going on in this episode. Just Goku and Frieza testing out their skill.
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:31 AM

Nov 20, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2012
Good going Goku! Frieza seems hard but he sure is going to be awesome next!
Dec 13, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2009
Fluff episode. A lot of flexing and breathing hot air but not much else. I have no idea why Goku couldn't just, you know, fly out of the fissure...
Apr 20, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2013
So I'm re-watching all the sagas cause I haven't seen them since I was a kid.... more than 15 years.... and I just found out about a mistake in this episode.

Don't know if it's in every version because I know that are lots of DVDs and BDs out there but in the minute 07:18 when Kuririn is calling Gohan to get the fuck out of there he changes his outfit for a few seconds.

Check it out.
Feb 29, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
What was with that phallic cloud of smoke.
Jun 11, 2016 3:32 PM

Feb 2016
The starting brawl, not bad. Goku manages well against Frieza so far.

The way he jestured them to bail, always thinking of others. That's our Goku.

Loved the way Goku just teleported behind Frieza in the starting brawl like a boss :p Just teleported, back to back, like "Sup?".

I love those sort of bits in a good fight.

edup_2004 said:
So I'm re-watching all the sagas cause I haven't seen them since I was a kid.... more than 15 years.... and I just found out about a mistake in this episode.

Don't know if it's in every version because I know that are lots of DVDs and BDs out there but in the minute 07:18 when Kuririn is calling Gohan to get the fuck out of there he changes his outfit for a few seconds.

Check it out.

Ah yeah, I see he went from Saiyan Armor back to the training gi in that brief moment. Nice catch, I didn't notice during my watch through the ep.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 18, 2018 8:45 AM

Nov 2017
When Frieza agrees that he'll leave Namek out of the fight, will he blow it up? If so then he's just a cunt if he isn't already

But Goku and Frieza seem evenly matched at the moment, and it seems like they're not even close to using their full power yet. I wonder when Goku will become Super Saiyan like the legend goes, and when he'll get blonde hair. I can only imagine the look on Frieza's face when he sees it.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 19, 2018 1:48 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not much going on in this episode. Just Goku and Frieza testing out their skill.

It's like here and there they have to build in this "I show you what I learned/can" episodes

Jan 20, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2008
And so we begin the real fight....that din't take long to get here at all...:p
Apr 17, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Tyestor said:
Fluff episode. A lot of flexing and breathing hot air but not much else. I have no idea why Goku couldn't just, you know, fly out of the fissure...

Yep, literally screaming at my screen, "Goku you can fly! duh."

Anyone else ready to skip forward whenever they see Bulma on screen?
Dec 9, 2019 7:11 AM

Mar 2010
Haha yeah,the Bulma scenes are so random and boring. I mean we have these things in all Anime but here the incline is so huge.

And the lava part was kinda weird. The reason was probably to show Freezer does not only have strength but is a smart fighter as well but Gokus dealing with it didnt make a lot of sense
Tyestor said:
I have no idea why Goku couldn't just, you know, fly out of the fissure...
Jul 29, 2020 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
The fight, so far, seems to be evenly matched. Goku is holding his own against the monstrously powerful Frieza. Considering Goku's adversary, that is highly impressive. For an opening act of a long time coming duel, this is already intense with the fiery molten lava springing about around the two fighters.
Oct 4, 2020 1:04 PM
May 2019
It seems to be an evenly matched fight between Goku and Frieza. That's both surprising and not surprising. Surprising because Goku's power level shouldn't really have increased far too much since it was in the 180 thousands. Not surprising because of Goku's desire to beat Frieza. Anyhow, this is an interesting fight so far.
Dec 25, 2023 10:14 AM

Nov 2015
the action sequences show that, freezer has a power strength of planet destruction scale while Goku is shown to be strong enough like that destructive power of an atomic bomb one. there's is no chance that he alone would defeat Frieza but revealing more would be an spoiler... that's why I liked this arc story.

đź’˘

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 224 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 223 Discussion

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.