Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 3:33 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vegeta....babe.....you're letting your power get to your head. -____-
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:32 AM

Nov 20, 2013 7:23 AM

May 2012
Damn one's taken out already and damn Vegeta get your shit together... Lets see what's next!
Dec 11, 2013 2:36 AM

Jun 2009
Unfortunately, you aren't a Super Saiyan, Vegeta...

Jan 7, 2014 8:45 AM

Oct 2009
I wonder if they can bring Dende and other dead Namekians back to life with Earth's Dragon Balls.
The case there is if it is in the powers of Shen Long. Original Shen Long could resurrect people from other planet. But then again, those "people" were Piccolo and Kami-sama, who were born on planet Namek.
SerhiykoFeb 9, 2014 5:20 AM
Jan 3, 2016 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
Frieza kills Dende so Dende won't heal anybody. Vegeta is the only one who can see Frieza's moves so he fights Frieza. But Vegeta doesn't stand a chance of winning. Btw, I don't like the rule that Saiyajins become so much stronger after surviving serious injuries. Back then, people had to train for their strength.
Feb 26, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
The sense of hopelessness in this episode is incredible.
Jun 10, 2016 4:41 AM

Feb 2016
Goku... smh. Stop taking your saiyan vitanims and move it. You're basically hibernating in that iso!

So it seems Vegeta can trace Frieza's movements but he's still too slow to match his speed.

That "Super Saiyan" thing you keep mentioning is going to your head.

Noticed Frieza's Tail is back to full length now with his final transformation. I guess his other transformation didn't have the ability to restore damaged limbs, only his final form.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jun 23, 2016 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
Loved the episode, but it always bugs me when the title gives away a major plot point (like when someone dies). I just need to start closing my eyes when the title appears!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 17, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2017
Poor Dende, the episode title spoilt it but I was still hoping he wouldn't die and he would grow into a badass Namek warrior.

And although Vegeta's powerful, there's now way in hell he can defeat Frieza, and he certainly isn't a Super Saiyan yet.

Why the hell isn't Goku out of the chamber yet????? I do have a theory that someone else has to manually release him but everyone forgot to do it, but that theory seems a little far fetched to me. On to the next one!
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 19, 2018 1:44 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vegeta....babe.....you're letting your power get to your head. -____-

I really love this guy, but in those episodes he is just getting crazy and is not rational at all -.-

Jan 3, 2019 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
Damn Dende taken out like nothing....
Dec 9, 2019 6:41 AM

Mar 2010
Dende is dead, I cant exactly remember how he was going to be alive again but am sure he was.

Vegetas pride going over his head a little. I wont mention the power level issue I have with DBZ here again but I really like the next eps with Vegeta vs Freezer.
Jul 28, 2020 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Well, supposedly, from what I am witnessing here, Vegeta got so powered up from a seemingly grievous wound inflicted on him by Krillin as per his demands. It was enough to feed his ego so hard that he starts thinking he is a match for Frieza in his third form. That implies his strength must have taken a gigantic leap. These Saiyans are crazy. Frieza more so as he is completely unhinged from the combined efforts of the gang whose power levels, combined, should be about, at least, a million and a half. These power levels are so irrational it is actually amusing.

Is Dente dead? Most likely, yes. He is but a small child, after all. This is unfortunate.
Oct 4, 2020 11:56 AM
May 2019
As expected, Dende was killed by Frieza. He would have had no use for him anyhow, so he saw no other outcome than to take his life, and so swiftly. Frieza has grown ridiculously strong - I can't even put into words how strong he has become. Vegeta got so overly fed up with the idea that he is the closest one to becoming a super saiyan that he actually believes he can stand up against Frieza. I find this a bit unfortunate, especially, considering he would be an extremely novice super saiyan in any case, against an extremely powerful Frieza. I doubt this will end well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.