Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2011 8:32 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
End of the second season. It was nice seeing Vegeta being civil for once lol
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:59 AM

Oct 24, 2012 4:37 AM

Jan 2010
lol - not the needle! poor goku
Nov 19, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2012
Nice development and lol Vegeta being friendly for once... well lets see what's next!
Dec 10, 2013 2:11 AM

Jun 2009
And...this episode brings an end to the Captain Ginyu saga. Can't believe Nail and Frieza are still fighting, jesus.
Jan 4, 2014 7:47 AM

Oct 2009
Tyestor said:
Can't believe Nail and Frieza are still fighting, jesus.

That's because Freeza wants to get information from Nail. If he wanted, he could finish him like in five seconds

With that "Change" technique , you can live like forever. Unless Freeza's source of power is in his body, with Ginyu as his subordinate, he could have his wish granted long time ago, choosing from any body in the universe they could possibly find

Yeah, I noticed how wear Vegeta wore stretched when he became an ape, too. I concluded back then that it wasn't fail but intended, and I was right after all

What do you think is up with Vegeta? Is he ill? Wasn't he supposed to be healed with senzu bean, then? Or maybe senzu do not heal all kinds of illnesses?
Jul 16, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2014
I don't like how sometimes the plot of the episode gets spoiled by its title. But, oh well! Spoilers don't ruin it for me, anyway.
Jul 16, 2014 3:01 PM

Oct 2009
malefic said:
I don't like how sometimes the plot of the episode gets spoiled by its title.

That is nothing compared to the previews, where usually the next episode's entire plot is shown
Jan 1, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2014
Son Goku is back in his own body, Ginyu is now a frog. But Son Goku's body is seriously injured, he will be healed by Frieza's modern technology in maybe one hour.
Feb 23, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Hearing Vegeta say "Goku" is just strange.
Jun 5, 2016 6:45 PM

Feb 2016
Vegeta being civil is quite... different. He's got a bit of a agitated tone though, something up must be up.

The narrator got quite a bit of dialogue this episode :p

Onto the Frieza Saga! (Season 3)

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jun 19, 2016 8:49 AM
Jun 2016
Dan-Te said:
Goku's body is seriously injured, he will be healed by Frieza's modern technology in maybe one hour.

What Happened to the giant bag of Senzu beans???
May 16, 2018 4:20 PM

Nov 2017
Although Vegeta's doing this for his own selfish reasons, it's still nice to show him shed a little humanity for once. Especially the fact that he didn't squash the Ginyu frog.

I still have my hopes up for Guru unlocking Goku's hidden power before he dies. Lets see in the Frieza saga!
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 17, 2018 11:33 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
TheCrimsonGhost said:
Although Vegeta's doing this for his own selfish reasons, it's still nice to show him shed a little humanity for once. Especially the fact that he didn't squash the Ginyu frog.

I still have my hopes up for Guru unlocking Goku's hidden power before he dies. Lets see in the Frieza saga!

I guess this won't happen :(

Dec 9, 2018 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
Well now Frieza is all that's left.
Jun 5, 2019 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
The synthetic sayian dna water kinda raises a few questions. What are we to believe a magic xylophone?
Dec 6, 2019 6:20 AM

Mar 2010
Ok, so didnt happen that Vegeta got into Gokus body. Instead we got Ginyu as the Quak.

Vegeta wants to heal Goku and KriGo get new clothing. Krillin going on his own might not be a good idea.

Serhiyko said:
What do you think is up with Vegeta? Is he ill? Wasn't he supposed to be healed with senzu bean, then? Or maybe senzu do not heal all kinds of illnesses?

I thought the exact same, to me didnt make sense that Vegeta needed to sleep. Maybe because of his fight with Ginyu but then again he wasnt harmed that badly. A bit weak explanation to take him out of the story for a while like that imo.

linkjoker said:
Hearing Vegeta say "Goku" is just strange.
This came to my mind as well, he should have still called him Kakarot instead imo.
Jul 23, 2020 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
What's this? Vegeta having a normal conversation with others without immediately blowing them off? Is he unconsciously showing a little humility? I like the slow change Vegeta seems to be undergoing. Still, I am impressed with his newfound strength. So, getting beat up by Recoome increased his strength immensely enough to finish off Jeice? That's very impressive yet highly dangerous in the receiving end of such an extreme way of leveling up. I am curious as to what is going on with Vegeta, at the moment. He seems to be falling tired. Maybe all the fighting he did for the entire weak finally got to him?

Ah, Krillin going off on his own to Guru's place is such a bad idea. Dente is already on his way to them. If Krillin reaches his destination, passing by Dente unknowingly, then what is the point? He will most likely run into Frieza. I am sensing Krillin's death approaching... That will be sad, Krillin is quite the loyal character.
removed-userJul 23, 2020 11:57 AM
Oct 4, 2020 8:49 AM
May 2019
Goku really wishes he had a senzu bean now, huh. He has taken severe damage and is incapable of doing much. I was slightly amused seeing Ginyu turning into a helpless frog just like that. Serves him right. On the other hand, we can see Vegeta becoming more and more civilized, whether that is unconsciously or not. I definitely believe he has the same goals in mind, and I doubt those will change anytime soon.
Sep 6, 2022 3:40 PM
Dec 2020
idk man same like last time, its a good show this one didnt really stand out either from the rest
Dec 18, 2023 12:40 PM

Nov 2015
that episode was basic tactics 101 in a nutshell! but I liked it.

đź’˘

Mar 7, 4:06 PM

Jul 2021
Tragic for Ginyu bros a frog now. I'm glad Vegeta is seemingly changing though it may be slow he's coming around and it makes me happy. He's definitely one of the best characters in this show.

Seeing both Gohan and Krillin in Saiyan armor was cool, I wonder if Goku will get any.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 224 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 223 Discussion

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.