MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Any good anime on Netflix Instant Watch?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Any good anime on Netflix Instant Watch?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
10-21-11, 8:11 PM

I recently got Netflix and have been watching anime on my PS3 with it. It is more limited than on a computer. I was wondering if snyone knows any good anime on it. I just got finished showing my roommates Full Metal Alchemist and they loved it. They want more. Any suggestions? I started to watch Blood+ but I fell asleep during the first episode. Does it get better or should I shoot for other things on Netflix?

Please ignore my list. It's a little dated and I don't mind trying something I gave up on if it's really good and on Netflix.

10-21-11, 8:13 PM

I read this off tumblr the other day. I think this sums up most of them. I hope it helps :)

Now on INSTANT Netflix:

10-21-11, 8:15 PM

But what should I watch that can somewhat live up to fullmetal alchemist on instant watch?

10-21-11, 8:19 PM

I heard Highschool of the Dead was pretty good. I haven't seen it yet.
I thought Eden of the East was good, but that one is the movie and I haven't seen the movie, just the series..
Black Butler is okay, but I never finished that either.
sorry i'm not much help. c: maybe someone can base their thoughts around the list though?

10-21-11, 8:29 PM

doordoor123 said:
. . . I just got finished showing my roommates Full Metal Alchemist and they loved it. They want more. Any suggestions? I started to watch Blood+ but I fell asleep during the first episode. Does it get better or should I shoot for other things on Netflix?

Well, I loved Blood+. Also, I find it generally takes 4 to 6 eps to really get the feel of a show.

I'm thinking this belongs in Recommendations. Anyway, I just looked at what is currently available. I've seen most of them. Here's my personal estimation of the titles listed. I don't know how my tastes will track with you and your friends. The things I think you may like are in bold.
Modified by lisnoire, 10-21-11, 8:58 PM
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

10-21-11, 8:55 PM

This ugly yet beautiful world, Needless, Popotan, Baka to Test, FL CL, Demon King Daimao, Spice & Wolf, etc. just to name a few. Also Highschool of the dead is good but please for your own sake find the sub the dub for that is the WORST dub EVER!

10-21-11, 8:59 PM

HellSpartan392 said:
This ugly yet beautiful world, Needless, Popotan, Baka to Test, FL CL, Demon King Daimao, Spice & Wolf, etc. just to name a few. Also Highschool of the dead is good but please for your own sake find the sub the dub for that is the WORST dub EVER!
Most of the Netflix instant view stuff is only available dubbed.

And this definitely belongs in the Recommendation Forum.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

10-21-11, 11:16 PM

In general, the Funimation stuff are dubbed, but the Viz titles are usually Japanese audio with English subtitles. I would recommend the following series out of what I've watched on Netflix:

Bleach (sub)
Death Note (sub)
Eden of the East (dub)
El Cazador de la Bruja (dub)
Fruits Basket (dub)
Full Metal Alchemist / Brotherhood (dub)
Kaze no Stigma (dub)
Naruto (sub)
Ouran Host Club (dub)
Soul Eater (dub)

The dubs on those are admirable. I didn't have a problem with them, though ymmv. I watched a few episodes of Chobits as well, and it doesn't seem to be bad either.

10-22-11, 5:19 AM

doordoor123 said:
Any suggestions? I started to watch Blood+ but I fell asleep during the first episode. Does it get better or should I shoot for other things on Netflix?

Yeah, Netflix instant streaming got me watching anime, frankly.

I too tried Blood+ made it through 5 eps and gave up.

On Netflix instant streaming I enjoyed the hell out of Sekirei, High School of the Dead, Clannad, Spice and Wolf. Oh, and Chobits was cute, too. Your mileage may vary.
<a href="">;;RykOakwine.png</a>

10-22-11, 9:12 AM

Well the first 3 parts of FMA Brotherhood are on there. If you liked the first series, then you will love Brotherhood. High School of the Dead is a pretty awesome show. Monster is a good one as well.

And you should definitely check out FLCL and GURREN LAGANN. They are some of the best anime of all time. XD

10-22-11, 9:16 AM

Gurren Lagann will blow your mind with epicness, go watch it now.

10-22-11, 10:19 AM

Death Note
Samurai Champloo
Gurren Lagenn
Samurai 7
Claymore

Are the best animes available. If you want to follow the praise of FMA, I'd suggest going with Claymore and Deathnote. Then GL, S7, and finally SC.

10-22-11, 12:14 PM

Full Metal Panic, Phantom:Requiem, X'amd, Shuffle, Clannad, and Elfen Lied are all on Netflix Instant, and looking at your list, I'd say you'd love them all.

10-22-11, 2:38 PM

I really liked Rideback.

10-22-11, 5:14 PM

For people just starting to get into anime, Death Note is definitely the way to go. It's intense and while lacking a lot of action is interesting enough to keep people watching for 37 episodes.

I also would highly recommend Samurai Champloo and Gurren Lagann, if your roomates are guys then they would probably really enjoy both of them. Also, they'd probably like Highschool of the Dead but...
HellSpartan392 said:
Highschool of the dead is good but please for your own sake find the sub the dub for that is the WORST dub EVER!

Maybe not the worst ever, but it isn't very good.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.

10-22-11, 8:54 PM

Death Note is the best on Netflix.

Also...High School of the Dead overdoes the fan service IMO, but its still enjoyable

10-23-11, 3:19 AM

Yeah, Death Note is good. Check it out.

And even though High School of the Dead is WAY hilarious with the fan service, it's an awesomely fun show. I'm not one to mark off or mark up a show for fan service, but if it's presented in a funny not-taking-yourself-too-seriously way like High School of the Dead does it's better.
<a href="">;;RykOakwine.png</a>

10-26-11, 4:07 PM

Death Note is coming up a lot and...Well, I love Death Note and all, but unfortunately the dub is not available on netflix currently. I'm not trying to start another sub v. dub war here, but I wouldn't watch it on netflix for that reason and torrent it here instead.

Yeah..The dub is THAT good...Just putting that out there.
Modified by SecretAgent194, 10-26-11, 4:13 PM

10-26-11, 9:54 PM

eden of the east, FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Elfen Lied, Baccano!, Monster(subbed) are all good animes to watch. Clannad and Clannad AS are also there and worth watching if you want a more laid back anime. Kaze no stigma is also a decent watch.

10-27-11, 2:21 AM

Not considered an anime by some but Avatar: The Last Airbender was a pretty good watch on Netflix

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices