Forum Settings
Forums

Chapter 74 (November) & onwards...manga speculation thread

New
Aug 9, 2007 1:55 PM
Aug 2007
Any speculation on Chapter 74...upcoming JUMP Square manga series starting in November.

Is that really Galatea that Miata sensed from the castle walls?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2007 5:51 PM
Jul 2007
It can be Galatea...
I can't correctly guess who can it be though :P It can be Raki for all we know - a grand surprise.
Aug 9, 2007 8:32 PM
Aug 2007
Midou_BanX said:
It can be Galatea...
I can't correctly guess who can it be though :P It can be Raki for all we know - a grand surprise.

IF it is Galatea, she could've VASTLY improved her Yoki controlling abilities (these 7 years) and is playing around with the child Miata. Miata's "6th sense" vs Galatea's yoki-controlling AND reading abilities FROM A DISTANCE? I'm with Galatea on that match up.

IF it's NOT Galatea, my money's on Raphaela, Irene or some new Claymore we don't know about yet.
Aug 9, 2007 11:11 PM

Jun 2007
I stick with what I said on the claymore club wall, it's Galatea.
Aug 10, 2007 10:32 AM
Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
I stick with what I said on the claymore club wall, it's Galatea.

I wouldn't expect anything less from ya. I don't think so, BUT hell, it's gonna be interesting come November.
Aug 10, 2007 12:23 PM

Jun 2007
Galatea could be playing around but when the chapter comes out and they say "omg it was a trick it wasn't Galatea" then we know who they originally thought it was or "sensed" :).
Aug 10, 2007 1:35 PM

Jul 2007
Why do I see confrontation with Galatea happening near the place where Lucky Seven are now... >.>"
Aug 10, 2007 1:50 PM
Aug 2007
DfD, now your beginning to make sense. That also could happen. Some other Claymore could be screwing around with those 2 and drawing them into a trap.

Fai, Galatea's chance meeting with the 7? Could be...

I want the 7 to meet Irene first. That would be awkward.

Irene: "Clare, I want my arm back."
Clare: "Arm? What arm?" (whistling)

But seriously, I hope all 3 of them (irene, raphaela, Galatea) would be together and they meet up with the 7...now it's 10 pissed off Claymores vs the ORG/Abyssals.
Aug 10, 2007 5:06 PM

Jun 2007
hollywood said:
DfD, now your beginning to make sense. That also could happen. Some other Claymore could be screwing around with those 2 and drawing them into a trap.

But seriously, I hope all 3 of them (irene, raphaela, Galatea) would be together and they meet up with the 7...now it's 10 pissed off Claymores vs the ORG/Abyssals.

I've been making sence since the beginning lol. If it is Galatea they find, then I was right however if it's not but they admit to thinking it was her, i'm still right :). However it could still be someone else they where given the task to go after but we just don't know who it is yet since they didn't drop any hints in the past chapter.

I hope Galatea gets to meat up with the 7 soon.
Aug 10, 2007 5:20 PM

Aug 2007
hollywood said:

that conversation is funny XD I really hope that 3 will meet with lucky 7 but since Irene is probably dead now so Clare won't have to give her arm back and Rafaela and Galatia maybe the only ones left. I suspect though that Miata will meet Galatea in next chapter as the writer always makes some kind of twist on us. Besides, she shouldn't be easily let her huge Yoki be known anyway.
Aug 10, 2007 9:52 PM
Aug 2007
saris said:
hollywood said:

that conversation is funny XD I really hope that 3 will meet with lucky 7 but since Irene is probably dead now so Clare won't have to give her arm back and Rafaela and Galatia maybe the only ones left. I suspect though that Miata will meet Galatea in next chapter as the writer always makes some kind of twist on us. Besides, she shouldn't be easily let her huge Yoki be known anyway.

saris, if you read scene 38 page 30 (and just like the anime episode), there is a "quick jump" to Clare immediately in scenes. There was no scene where Raphaela cut off her head. She could still be alive.

regarding Galatea's presence. if that was really galatea, My money is on her vs Miata. Experience is the key to fighting and Miata's strong, but mentally wacko.

I would love it if Galatea has another private life while hiding...selling beauty and hair products in the village. That would be the bomb.
Aug 11, 2007 1:30 AM

Jun 2007
ya a fight between Galatea and Miata would be cool. It would be crazy if Galatea was Miata's real mother but Miata didn't know it :P.
Aug 11, 2007 2:19 AM

Aug 2007
hollywood said:
saris said:
hollywood said:

saris, if you read scene 38 page 30 (and just like the anime episode), there is a "quick jump" to Clare immediately in scenes. There was no scene where Raphaela cut off her head. She could still be alive.

regarding Galatea's presence. if that was really galatea, My money is on her vs Miata. Experience is the key to fighting and Miata's strong, but mentally wacko.

I would love it if Galatea has another private life while hiding...selling beauty and hair products in the village. That would be the bomb.

Yeah, I know you didn't really see Irene's head got cut off by Rafaela. It's just that it has a high possibility she's dead. If she is alive then it's good coz she is one of my favs too. I think she is too cool to die.

I hope it won't be Galatea VS. Miata. If it is , then there's a good chance Galatia may end up dead and Miata may become Priscilla number 2. I wish for Galatia to meet up with Lucky 7 not Miata now.
Aug 11, 2007 5:54 AM

Jul 2007
I can fully imagine Rafaela awakening just after killing her sister >.> (u know, all those emotions going volcano...)

Irene is dead. Everyone who borrowed Claire their "parts" ends up somehow killed...

I can see the three possibilities in Miata encounter:
1. She "sensed" Rafaela(low possibility).
2. She sensed Galatea. We get a pretty fight. At beginning Galatea completely dominates Miata, till the tides turn and Galatea ends up saved by...guess who?
3. She sensed Galatea. Galatea ends up killed....(noooo....we all know this WON'T happen)
4. She sensed Galatea. Galatea has already encountered Lucky Seven. Unknown conclusion....
Aug 11, 2007 2:39 PM
Aug 2007
Good speculation on the outcomes guys. Basically it's a HAIR fight between Miata and Galatea, if that was Galatea.

I just thought that because Raphaela absorbed Luciela's Abyssal power, she might be a freak of nature IF she awakens. Imagine if she mistakenly sensed Raphaela instead of Galatea.
Aug 12, 2007 6:40 PM

Jul 2007
Hollywood: Good speculation on the outcomes guys. Basically it's a HAIR fight between Miata and Galatea, if that was Galatea.

I just thought that because Raphaela absorbed Luciela's Abyssal power, she might be a freak of nature IF she awakens. Imagine if she mistakenly sensed Raphaela instead of Galatea.

I could just imagine if Raphaela was to awaken being that she was the original secret weapon for the orginization against the Abyssals....and if she did what u said hollywood and took in her sisters power omg she could probably go right through Isley hell who knows maybe even compete with Priscilla!!!

Aug 12, 2007 7:43 PM
Aug 2007
I could just imagine if Raphaela was to awaken being that she was the original secret weapon for the orginization against the Abyssals....and if she did what u said hollywood and took in her sisters power omg she could probably go right through Isley hell who knows maybe even compete with Priscilla!!!

Well S, IF she awakens. Those sisters were already experimented on...then BETRAYED by the ORG, and now that Raphaela got what she wanted as the deal (killing Luciela) with Rubel in coming back to the ORG..she has left the ORG.
Yes, if she awakens..she's automatically an Abyssal, judging by her sister's transformation. She could take revenge against Isley...that's a fight I wanna see.
Aug 15, 2007 12:26 AM

Jul 2007
You are not the only one holly Im just mad i have to wait till November to find out!!!
Aug 15, 2007 2:22 AM

Jun 2007
Erm... so the claymore manga is on hold now is it? Sorry, i'm quite ignorant.
Aug 15, 2007 11:10 AM
Aug 2007
It's on "hiatus" but there's one LAST EXTRA SCENE before November 2's launch of JUmp Square, which replaces Shonen JUmp..Claymore's original shounen. That's where ep 74 is gonna be published.
The waiting is starting to get on my nerves...patience isn't a virtue BUT a pain in the keister.
Aug 16, 2007 1:49 AM

Jun 2007
hollywood said:
It's on "hiatus" but there's one LAST EXTRA SCENE before November 2's launch of JUmp Square, which replaces Shonen JUmp..Claymore's original shounen. That's where ep 74 is gonna be published.
The waiting is starting to get on my nerves...patience isn't a virtue BUT a pain in the keister.

So this means that Claymore is going to be printed by a different company now? (Can't wait either...don't like cliffhangers)
Aug 16, 2007 10:12 AM
Aug 2007
Shurtugal said:
hollywood said:

So this means that Claymore is going to be printed by a different company now? (Can't wait either...don't like cliffhangers)

Same distributor...different shounen, like I said, it's called Jump Square launch date is November 2, and here's the link:http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/index2.html

...check out the Clare and Teresa mag cover for November.
hollywoodAug 16, 2007 10:16 AM
Aug 16, 2007 5:50 PM

Jul 2007
I really hope clare doesn't have to give back the arm, wouldn't be quite a happily ever after with 1arm :P
Aug 17, 2007 10:59 AM
Aug 2007
Frenz said:
I really hope clare doesn't have to give back the arm, wouldn't be quite a happily ever after with 1arm :P

She wont. I mean what do you on that awkward situation?

IRENE; "Clare, I want my arm back...please."
ClARE; "What arm...(whistling)...get away from me you armless b*tch."
IRENE;"I see experience has lessened your morals and your honor as a warrior"
CLARE:" Look, I've been kicking ass for the past 7 years and now am using the Windcutter..I dont remember signing an agreement here."

Irene said she will grow a new arm, unlikely because she's an offensive warrior BUt anything goes in the world of Claymore.

Aug 22, 2007 9:43 PM

Jun 2007
hollywood said:
Frenz said:

CLARE:" Look, I've been kicking ass for the past 7 years and now am using the Windcutter..I dont remember signing an agreement here."

Irene said she will grow a new arm, unlikely because she's an offensive warrior BUt anything goes in the world of Claymore.

Didn't Irene die due to Rafaela finding her? In the manga Rafaela shows up right when Clare leaves from training with her and they exchange some words.
Aug 22, 2007 11:01 PM
Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
hollywood said:
Frenz said:

Didn't Irene die due to Rafaela finding her? In the manga Rafaela shows up right when Clare leaves from training with her and they exchange some words.

NOT EXACTLY. Try reading the manga arc Fit for Battle. Just like the anime...there is A QUICK CHANGE of scene in both versions, and you dont see Raphaela slaying Irene right?

Raphaela "re-joined" the ORG because she wanted info on her sister Luciela who's an Abyssal. She's not exactly thrilled about the ORg abandoning her...then asking her to -rejoin them again? She's got her own rebellious traits and I doubt she killed Irene.

Just like CSI, no body..no case.
Aug 23, 2007 12:30 AM

Jun 2007
hollywood said:
DeathfireD said:
hollywood said:
Frenz said:

NOT EXACTLY. Try reading the manga arc Fit for Battle. Just like the anime...there is A QUICK CHANGE of scene in both versions, and you dont see Raphaela slaying Irene right?

Raphaela "re-joined" the ORG because she wanted info on her sister Luciela who's an Abyssal. She's not exactly thrilled about the ORg abandoning her...then asking her to -rejoin them again? She's got her own rebellious traits and I doubt she killed Irene.

Just like CSI, no body..no case.

correct you don't see her slaying her thats why I asked if Irene died. It looked like it was hostile though since at the time Raphaela had already re-joined the org and was hunting people. Although you could be right, she probably just collected info on her sister.
Aug 23, 2007 2:28 PM
Aug 2007
DfD: I've had discussions in various Claymore forums about this and there is no general consensus, but the tide is shifting that Irene should be alive.
Sep 27, 2007 3:05 AM
Sep 2007
hollywood said:
Shurtugal said:
hollywood said:

Same distributor...different shounen, like I said, it's called Jump Square launch date is November 2, and here's the link:http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/index2.html

...check out the Clare and Teresa mag cover for November.

this may help if somewone doesn't know...btw...that is Irene on the cover with Clare...not Teresa...so there is a decent possibility that Irene may be alive...well this is a decent first post, thankfully it is in this thread. Hope what little bit of info is of some use...lol...btw, Miata's sixth sense isn't about sensing Yoki, she has a heightened sence of all her sensory organs so Galatea is being tracked by smell mostly, plus, Miata and Clarice are taking suppressents, which should completely hide their yoki, just like for the lucky 7 at pieta.(for those who want to argue that they had to be knocked out...Pieta, everyone only took half a suppresent, Miata and Clarice are taking the whole thing)
Sep 28, 2007 1:18 PM
Sep 2007
Frenz said:

I don't quite recall where it was said, but stronger offensive types *can* regenerate limbs given enough time, but the limb will only be "about as strong as a human's". I conclude that this means an offensive Claymore with a regenerated limb could still dominate most regular people. Also, Irene could rig up some bladed boots and just carry a shield or something if she really wanted to start fighting again.
ParadoxMindSep 28, 2007 1:32 PM
Sep 28, 2007 2:05 PM
Aug 2007
QUOTE;

I don't quite recall where it was said, but stronger offensive types *can* regenerate limbs given enough time, but the limb will only be "about as strong as a human's". I conclude that this means an offensive Claymore with a regenerated limb could still dominate most regular people. Also, Irene could rig up some bladed boots and just carry a shield or something if she really wanted to start fighting again.

hmmm...I need to find that quote: "about as strong as a human's" in the manga.

Irene explained that to control the Flash Sword technique, one must have "great mental capacity" (something like that)...a trait that Clare didn't have during that time of training.

Even though Irene doesn't want to fight anymore, I doubt she lost her strong willpower to defend herself. I am in agreement that she WILL regenerate her arm..(how can you survive with no arm/s?) AND that she will have to re-train that arm from day 1 for necessity's sake.

Sep 28, 2007 10:19 PM
Sep 2007
hollywood said:
QUOTE;

hmmm...I need to find that quote: "about as strong as a human's" in the manga.

Irene explained that to control the Flash Sword technique, one must have "great mental capacity" (something like that)...a trait that Clare didn't have during that time of training.

Even though Irene doesn't want to fight anymore, I doubt she lost her strong willpower to defend herself. I am in agreement that she WILL regenerate her arm..(how can you survive with no arm/s?) AND that she will have to re-train that arm from day 1 for necessity's sake.

I thought it was Defencive could regenerate....Clare is Offencive...so...oh wait...found it

Chapter 35 pg 9 (I'm guessing I can't post links so I need to sound nerdy here) during the fight with Ophelia. Ophelia says that Offencive can't completely regenerate limbs, they can reattach them with time, but not regenerate. only high level offencive warriors can regenerate an arm no more powerful then a humans at best, nice memory parodox. however, Irene hasn't regenerated her other arm after all this time... I doubt she is able to regenerate it....she had all the time to do it but never could.
Sep 29, 2007 7:54 AM
Sep 2007
I thought it was Defencive could regenerate....Clare is Offencive...so...oh wait...found it

Chapter 35 pg 9 (I'm guessing I can't post links so I need to sound nerdy here) during the fight with Ophelia. Ophelia says that Offencive can't completely regenerate limbs, they can reattach them with time, but not regenerate. only high level offencive warriors can regenerate an arm no more powerful then a humans at best, nice memory parodox. however, Irene hasn't regenerated her other arm after all this time... I doubt she is able to regenerate it....she had all the time to do it but never could.

My guess is she didn't want to regenerate it, a bit like with Rafaela's eye. I mean, remember who we're talking about here, that one arm was more than enough.
Sep 29, 2007 11:26 AM
Aug 2007
Nightfalcon QUOTE:

Dont want to sound nerdy either BUT Rubel says on chapter 64, page 10...

"Even if you're an offensive type, you should be able to regenerate it" (Raphaela's eye).

The reason why Irene was NOT able to regenerate it because of the TIME it takes to re-attach her arm which was cut off by Pris.

Remember, Irene was PLAYING DEAD (to avoid Pris coming back to finish the job)
and just like Ophelia's "explanation" when she cut off Clare's leg....she explained that she better "hurry" to re-attach it because it will "be too late".

It was too late for Irene to re-attach her severed arm PLUS was too weak (especially after the Priscilla awakening) to regenerate it as well, which is more difficult for offensive types like Irene. My 2 c.
Sep 30, 2007 2:10 PM
Sep 2007

Dont want to sound nerdy either BUT Rubel says on chapter 64, page 10...

"Even if you're an offensive type, you should be able to regenerate it" (Raphaela's eye).

The reason why Irene was NOT able to regenerate it because of the TIME it takes to re-attach her arm which was cut off by Pris.

Remember, Irene was PLAYING DEAD (to avoid Pris coming back to finish the job)
and just like Ophelia's "explanation" when she cut off Clare's leg....she explained that she better "hurry" to re-attach it because it will "be too late".

It was too late for Irene to re-attach her severed arm PLUS was too weak (especially after the Priscilla awakening) to regenerate it as well, which is more difficult for offensive types like Irene. My 2 c.

Yep, that's exactly right, if I had taken time to think about it I would have realized that. Looks like I'm not the only one with a good memory. :)
Sep 30, 2007 4:06 PM
Aug 2007
ParadoxMind quote:

Yep, that's exactly right, if I had taken time to think about it I would have realized that. Looks like I'm not the only one with a good memory. :)

Don't worry about it, we're even. Your 09/27 quote about Irene (NOT Teresa) and Clare on that cover of Jump Square was indeed, correct. But they are part of the 3 "source books" which includes the Teresa/Clare cover and the last one would be the Slashers cover.

Hmmmm, does this mean that it's going to be Irene, and not Galatea that Miata sensed?
hollywoodSep 30, 2007 11:05 PM
Oct 1, 2007 11:37 AM
Sep 2007
Um...that was nightfalcon4. XD I win!
Oct 1, 2007 1:51 PM
Aug 2007
good stuff.

It's either one of these 4 options on whomever that "powerful Claymore" that Miata sensed:

1) Galatea
2) Irene
3) Raphaela
4) someone else we haven't heard of..a newbie.
Oct 5, 2007 2:12 PM
Sep 2007
paradox, you credit thief, lol

hollywood, I was talking about Full regereation. not re-attaching a limb. if she was able to, she could have cut the stub and create a new arm. and those are good theories on the powerful claymore in the city.
Oct 5, 2007 2:52 PM
Aug 2007
nightfalcon, you could be on to something here. We don't know the severity of the arm of Irene when it was cut off so i cant say 100% if she wasshould be able to regenerate it but we can speculate. If you've got more to add to the "Miata options", feel free to add.

We've got less than 1 month to go to know for sure in November.
Oct 6, 2007 9:11 AM
Sep 2007
My theory is that it's Galatea. Miata is not tracking by a high level Yoki. only by normal tracking skills and heightened sensory functions.
Oct 6, 2007 9:36 AM
Aug 2007
you should be 1/4 correct at this point. The odds are in favor of Gal's return BUT because the series has a lot of twists and surprises...like this month's ES being Clare, it could really be anyone. But right now, Galatea is # 1.
Oct 10, 2007 10:39 AM
Oct 2007
hello...newbie here.

yeah, i sdtill think it's galatea but it could be anyone. i also think irene's dead but i've read the other posts and i can see the argument that she's not. im not 100% sure sure i cant say she isnt either.

im just hungry for the upcoming return in november.

thanks.
Oct 11, 2007 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
For the chapter 74, Miata can sense Yoma without using the ability for sensing yoki, so for that claymore in that city could be anyone, but with hers abilitys to smell hers scent she could be sure that there is a strong claymore as she saied in the 73 chapter last page. It could be Galatea or Raphaela or any other claymore, I will just wait for ariving of the 74 chapter.
Oct 11, 2007 10:20 PM
Aug 2007
Good point. Miata doesn't use yoki like any other Claymore. She uses a "6th sense' which is far different from your ordinary Claymore.

I hope it's a 30-45 page edition, instead of the normal 25 to 30 page chapters we're used to.

...and I hope there's a lot of fight scenes in it, as well.
Oct 12, 2007 12:49 PM
Sep 2007
Guys....read chapter 73 again...it explains her "6th sense" like I said. Heightened sensory organs, which means, She sees better, can smell things better[like a dog], has a hightened sense of feeling, taste, and can hear better... No one listens to the rookie huh?....geez... I hope along with Hollywood...good fight scenes and a long chapter...like the first chapter...63 pages! lol
Oct 12, 2007 1:12 PM
Aug 2007
nightfalcon...I hear you! We know about the 6th sense, but if it's BETTER than using yoki like Galatea and Clare? It's really hard to say, dude. This gives Miata an advantage over whomever it is she's facing, I guess but we'll find out in the battle royale 80 page extravaganza of chapter 74.

More fights and more Miria and Clare in their black micro mini outfits.:)
Oct 12, 2007 7:06 PM
Sep 2007
AGREED....man...I feel so noobish....misunderstanding on my part...sorry...We will see in the 120 page reintroduction chapter 74 of claymore. XD...gawd that would take a while to look through.
Oct 12, 2007 7:20 PM
Aug 2007
hahaha LOL, the number of pages for Chapter 74 get bigger everytime we talk, bro.

I dont mind 200 pages, because I dont think I can take another ridiculous extra scene.
Oct 13, 2007 11:32 AM
Oct 2007
agreed! very much more please of miria and clare in micro minis!

im with you guys, hollywood and nightfalcon...the more pages, the merrier.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.