Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 20, 2011 9:04 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1/5
un-ko,
うんこ
Oct 20, 2011 9:09 AM

Apr 2009
So, what was so bad about the second one? I've dropped in after the first episode, but not for the common reasons everyone else were mentioning in the discussion. Would be nice to reassure myself it was a right decision...
Oct 20, 2011 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
This time, a dead body in the suitcase...

Male suspect who is interested in female outfit..., ok.

Yonagahime is 3 girls group (originally 4), and Yui-chan is one voicing one of them (pink?). Long hair woman with hat... And the short hair woman who looks like male, sounds like Hirano-san. And she's not voiced by Hirano-san.

Yohagahime (Emiri Kato, Yui Makino, and Chika Anzai)'s song: Walhalla Shojo ga Oka (ヴァルハラ処女ヶ丘).

The one who never became part of the group was the one who killed her own mother?

Yonagahime's data got blocking...?

Miyu-Miyu's character never spoke this ep...

Next week airs 5 mins. late.
tsubasaloverOct 20, 2011 1:35 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2011 9:12 AM

Oct 2010
I have no problem with it and like it. More later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 20, 2011 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
I thought it was a great episode. Plot development was a bit too fast though, it was sometimes hard to keep up and I had to pause several times too.
But it was entertaining, and some things were surprising too.
4,5/5. Now I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 20, 2011 12:50 PM
Nov 2010
I also like it more after this episode, that song with "Yokohama" sounded nice, as well...:P
Oct 20, 2011 12:58 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
This show is interesting, but each story is just to rushed. They would be much better if each story arch was at least two episodes. As it stands, to me it's just not finished - more like an outline.
Oct 20, 2011 1:15 PM
Dec 2007
Until UN-GO, I thought Mizushima was a really average/inconsistent director. After two episodes, I must admit I either judged him too hastily or he improved a lot since Gundam 00 (or maybe he was simply given more latitude to do whatever he wants without the whole Sunrise executive staff watching over his shoulder). The beginning of this series is simply incredible, with a great script brilliantly paced and involving characters. One of the best of the season (and the year) so far.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 20, 2011 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
thats it im positive that people are just biased against this show for god knows whatever reason, its not amazing but dear god its not a 1/5, ececially when you go onto the people that give it these scores lists and see the crap they have voted up you know they are just biased, maybe cause the guy that wrote FMA 2003 is int he staff since people seemed to convince themselves that its a bad series despite that being far form the truth

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 20, 2011 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
"It's different than that ancient Vocaloid thing"

I LOL.
Oct 20, 2011 1:40 PM
Dec 2010
I have mixed feelings about this episode, just as I had with the first. The pacing seemed a bit rushed first and foremost. It's not that it was "bad" or anything, it just felt like something is missing in the whole thing.

After seeing Inga turn semi-violent on the main character I am itching to learn more about their relationship, mostly though WHAT she actually is.
Oct 20, 2011 1:41 PM

Jun 2009
Okay, surely it was better than 1st episode, as i didn't fall asleep this time. The case alone was pretty interesting, but the culprit was rather obvious after they checked Yonagahime's video around halfway through the episode. Other than that, Beato wannabe Inga is pretty cool when he get's boobs and butterflies, makes me curious what the hell is he/she?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 20, 2011 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
So the government kills off this cross dressing faggot and lets the real murderer do what she pleases?

okay
SkyOct 20, 2011 1:46 PM
Oct 20, 2011 1:52 PM
Sep 2009
Shih said:

I LOL.

Same. That was pretty good~

As for the episode itself, it was alright. At the very least, I like looking at the visuals for this show, especially the ED~
Oct 20, 2011 2:03 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't like it.

And don't like the show that much, its soo stupid (it tries to be cool and deep but fails badly..), but I've never watched Detective Conan so I can't talk.

And OMG. An's mom destroying that CD was REALLY violent.. and then she just walks off xD

And why would she sing the song in front of the detective~?! So stupid..

ED is awesome though :) Best part of the show.
Oct 20, 2011 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
Shih said:

I LOL.

²

I like this show, even though doesn't make so much sense to me. Oh well, the ED is fine anyway.
Oct 20, 2011 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Inga is creepy.

Still don't really think anything special about this show. It's watchable, and not really bad, but it's not great either.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 20, 2011 2:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
fishergirl16 said:
Didn't like it.

And don't like the show that much, its soo stupid (it tries to be cool and deep but fails badly..), but I've never watched Detective Conan so I can't talk.

Don't compare Detective Conan with this. DC, despite all the cliches, is a proper detective mystery series. I don't call this a "detective" series since it involves supernatural stuffs. Same thing with Gosick. If you want good detective stories, watch or read Detective Conan. They don't randomly throw curveballs and treat the viewers fairly. There is a LOGICAL deduction of events, not a supernatural ruckus followed by a random deduction without evidence other than the so-called supernatural occurrence. Episode 2 is a bit better but seriously? A single episode is not enough....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 20, 2011 2:31 PM
Dec 2007
Where is all the hate for this show coming from? Are people watching the same show? Animation is great, the dialogue is intriguing, the core characters are well written (they're morally ambiguous, a great touch in the Orwellian society of Un-Go).

Is a little complexity too much for the haters? It was pretty clear in episode 2 who the killer was, but the detective knew he can't unmask her because of the implications against the government.

Another great episode of Un-Go. Mizushima sure can direct, going from Gundam 00 to Hanamaru to Un-Go. Nice variety.
Oct 20, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Updating as I watch it, will probably contain suggestive humor/language.

Well last weeks episode was a complete disappointment. The mystery was retardedly easy and his partner's uniqueness cannot be describe in words, not positive ones at least.Oh right, and the art and animation was pretty good too.

Judging from the OP, I'm assuming this will get a bit more complex other than whats been revealed so far.
I wish I had superhuman strength to carry a suitcase with a corpse in it with ease, seriously. Actually, a bit more curious on how a corpse fit into a suitcase.
Guy crossdresses. A male and a female were both involved in the case. Therefore the guy was the murderer. Impeccable logic.
Fascinating, everybody in a foreign country sang a song that was illegal to sing. but it somehow became popular? How does that work...?
Holy fuck, that video tape. I wish I had reflexes like that. Seems like superhuman abilities is a recurring theme with this episode. Truly symbolizes human nature at its finest.
Assuming that the girl who was singing, killed her. She was singing a a song, and I doubt they'll animate or implement anything without reason
"We're not going to lose or cry". Saying that while crying; are they retarded?
Meets victim at hotel. Therefore they extorted money from her. Slightly better logic, but still weak.
"I don't know how I'll meet ends meet". Said the person with the designer sunglasses, expensive jewelry, and designer purse. I get that this was pointed out intentionally, but why make the mystery anymore braindead?
Hmm, Inga is irritating. Nothing says dynamic character like a scrawny kid evolving into a transvestite prostitute. Why the fuck doesn't she just use her ability at the beginning?
Did he just start crying after being hit? What the fuck? He doesn't look like a fourteen year old shounen male lead.
What a shitty mechanic, making people tell the truth once. Why the fuck doesn't she just ask every suspect if they killed her or not, seriously? Instead of asking who the fourth member is, why the fuck wouldn't you ask her who killed her?
Did she just intentionally answer a question after the question she was forced to answer to?
Lols, I was right.
How illogical can this be, it's all fucking situational. She's mentally stable for a second, then she's insane the next.
"Have you suffered a breakdown?" #1 detective right there, give her a badge.
"Of course". Thank you Captain Obvious.
Wow, I wish I could download 76 megabytes of data that fucking fast. Seriously, is internet speed this phenomenal in the future? They're literally at the point where upload speed and download speed parallel.
Did they seriously go whatevs, let's let her go after she killed her mom? This is turning out to be one of the most logical and enjoyable detective anime.

Well, a improvement from last week. Still shitty though, it gets a 2.5/5, better than last weeks 1.5.
mdzOct 20, 2011 4:52 PM
Oct 20, 2011 3:02 PM

May 2010
Better than the first episode. I really really like it so far. :D One of my favorites of the season.

I don't get why there are haters already. o_o'
NyankoLoafOct 20, 2011 4:47 PM
Oct 20, 2011 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
good ep but way too predictable
i really dont like that rinroku bastard he tries to cover up the truth and then takes credit for shinjurou's work.
Oct 20, 2011 4:05 PM

Sep 2007
I'm liking this series so far! Though it'd be cooler if the mysteries get a little more difficult.

This episode was better than first, imo. Can't wait for next week. :D
Oct 20, 2011 4:35 PM

Jul 2011
It's too predictable... but I love her voice. Love the opening. Like the anime.
Oct 20, 2011 5:32 PM

Apr 2011
It's not by all means bad, it's just meh. Good thing the OP and ED songs are still there to catch my interest.
Oct 20, 2011 5:35 PM
Dec 2008
Why do they keep letting killers off the hook? Where is the justice?
Oct 20, 2011 6:22 PM

Jun 2011
Just what the hell is Inga anyway? Well, whatever, I still want his/shes panda hoodie thing.
Wait, did Shinjuurou actually tear up a bit when Inga transformed and forcily held his head?
Oct 20, 2011 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
again guys were only 2 episodes in, its extremly normal for shows not to be all that good yet,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 20, 2011 7:43 PM

May 2010
OK, I figured out within six minutes that it was the daughter who did it. They need to make the culprits less obvious, or something... ^^;; And I think Shinjurou needs to get a new boss. She goes and bloodies up his face, seriously....

Did anyone else find it ironic about the illegal uploading/downloading thing, in light of Japan cracking down more on people who illegally upload anime?
Oct 20, 2011 7:44 PM

Mar 2009
Shih said:

I LOL.

This.

I did like the voice.. a lot, actually. But the story so far is kinda meh.
Oct 20, 2011 8:41 PM

Feb 2010
Nagi- said:

Yeah... but whatever they're doing something "unique" with the mystery genre I guess. Still pretty meh...

Hope it gets better/grows on me.
Oct 20, 2011 9:10 PM

Sep 2010
Not much motivation to continue watching this.
Yeah, I kind of dislike Inga.
Oct 20, 2011 9:17 PM

May 2011
Fucking love inga
wow
just the right balance of cute and crazy
Oct 20, 2011 9:38 PM

Oct 2011
Silent_Scream said:
It's not by all means bad, it's just meh. Good thing the OP and ED songs are still there to catch my interest.

I really want to love this show. There's moments where it captivates me but other than that and the songs (and how they use the bgm), it's not enough to put this anime on top of my list of fall anime.
Oct 20, 2011 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
It was entertaining. I had to rewatch/pause some scenes to fully grasp what was going on. Last time I did that was with Tatami Galaxy.

I'm also very interested with Inga and Shinjuurou's relationship. That, and the way they keep covering up the truth interests me.

Fairly anticipating the next episode.
Oct 20, 2011 10:32 PM

Aug 2011
Nagi- said:
That's pretty much the point. i'm more interested in why they keep looking for the truth when everything will simply be covered up anyway.

also, am I the only one who liked the first episode better?
violaxcore.png
Oct 20, 2011 11:08 PM

Feb 2010
I fucking hate when character sings , i have to put volume to 0.

aside from that ... meh , the MC is a good character better than those stupid loli detectives lately... but he deserves a better show lol.
Oct 21, 2011 12:07 AM

Mar 2008
I hope it doesn't follow this same template every episode where the first person they meet is the culprit and the culprit gets away scott free to preserve someone's public image.
Oct 21, 2011 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
.....so she killed her mom b/c she wanted to sing?
aaaaaaaawkward

everything about this show is weird, and i really wish i'm referring to the good kind of weird.

"guess what i killed my mom... oh wait let me sing for a few seconds OKAY DONE NOW WHERE WAS I WITH MY SOB STORY???"
Oct 21, 2011 1:07 AM
Oct 2008
Well, this serie is ok. I guess. Not something you would say, 'oh, I wish the next episode is out already!', but more a filler of time.

On Wednesday and Thursday there aren't any great anime, thus you are kind of forced to watch this mediocre serie if you have nothing else to do.
Oct 21, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2010
A few good points, like the suitcase one, but…

mdz said:
Fascinating, everybody in a foreign country sang a song that was illegal to sing. but it somehow became popular? How does that work...?

"We're not going to lose or cry". Saying that while crying; are they retarded?

Why the fuck doesn't she just use her ability at the beginning?

Wow, I wish I could download 76 megabytes of data that fucking fast. Seriously, is internet speed this phenomenal in the future? They're literally at the point where upload speed and download speed parallel.

Since when did something being illegal prevent it from becoming popular? Wouldn't need courts or prisons if that was the case.

Think about the point they were trying to make. If manipulating peoples' emotions is your objective, then this was perfectly done.

Have some patience. We don't know much about the character yet. But if you have just one question, then you have to use it wisely. Otherwise, you'll end up with some of the problems that Sakuma has in Azazel. And there may be other conditions that we don't know about yet.

Internet connections are this phenomenal today -- if you have access to them. The reason the upload/download are asynchronous where you are is because that's how it's set-up. It doesn't have to be that way. I know a place that can deliver 20 MB/s indefinitely.

I find it to be an interesting show but they haven't perfected their episode structure yet. Judging from some of the comments here, a lot of people find the pacing a bit off. I'm hoping that they'll pull it together over the next few episodes. And given that it's a mystery show, I don't mind suspending disbelief to give them a chance to nail it down.

On the plus side, the artwork is really appealing. I think Rie (both artwork and character) is fantastic and she'll only get better the more involved she gets. And I found the idols really well done. Both the design and the movement. Probably the first time since Hare Hare Yukai that I've been impressed with how dancing was handled.
MockmanOct 21, 2011 1:18 AM
Oct 21, 2011 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
Come on!
I'm waiting for this show to pick up, it has such potential.
At least it is filled with lovely music.
Oct 21, 2011 2:00 AM

Jan 2011
The only problem I have with this show is how each episode is rushed, like others have said. Since it's a mystery show I think we should have at least another episode to figure it out, whereas now it seems we get the setup, Shinjuurou and Inga come in and Shinjuurou figures it out in a minute or two, SUPER MAHOU SHOUJO TRANSFORMATION SCENE, he/she/it Inga pops the question, remainder of the episode is the culprit defending herself.

Besides it being hella rushed, though, I'm liking the art style, both the OP and ED are good (And I liked the song played when Inga popped the question. Can't remember if it was in the first ep) and the whole feel is nice.
Fingerfood.png Fingerfood.png
Oct 21, 2011 2:15 AM

Jan 2011
So is this really a detective show? The only person who appears to be interested in the real truth (as opposed to the official government line) is Shinjuurou (jury is out on whether Inga is a person/human). Each episode seems to be showing us another facet of a dystopian authoritarian society and how it manipulates events to maintain a public image. I'm less interested in the crime-of-the-week and more interested in what we are learning about the power structure and history of this society.

Stop thinking of it as a traditional detective mystery show and I think you'll see the ratings go up.

I think this is easily one of the two best new shows this season. And I really want to get the backstory on Shinjuurou and Inga hooked up.
rodacOct 21, 2011 2:20 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 21, 2011 2:17 AM

Jun 2010
Personally, I love this anime so far. I have to agree that the pacing is somewhat off, but that doesn't make the series less enjoyable for me. And besides, the other factors more than make up for the pacing, in my opinion. The characters and the art are really great. So is the music. And while the story isn't yet very developed, that's just natural, with only 2 episodes being out so far. I think it has a lot of potential.

It's been quite a long time since I've last looked forward to new episodes of some ongoing anime this much. And, I have to say, I absolutely adore Inga.

Oct 21, 2011 2:37 AM

Nov 2009
I like it. I like the main character and his refreshing motives and philosophies. :) I also think Inga's pretty cool, even though she's a bit scary.

Don't think this episode was as good as the last, but I'll be waiting for the show to pick up more and more as I watch. ^_^
curiouser and curiouser :)
Oct 21, 2011 5:11 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
rodac said:
Stop thinking of it as a traditional detective mystery show and I think you'll see the ratings go up.

I am, which is why I'm not yet willing to give up on it :) I think it has a lot of potential. Still, it's to rushed.

rodac said:
(jury is out on whether Inga is a person/human)

I don't think he/she/it is human, but I have nothing to base that on other than 'hunch'.
Oct 21, 2011 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
Why the hate? I thought its a fairly decent episode.
Everything is actually solvable before the point where the girl
is known as the culprit..and I mean everything that the past 20 minutes have posted to us.
Oct 21, 2011 7:07 AM
Sep 2011
I'm really intrigued by the setting so far. It's a nice twist that the truth never gets revealed in public in favour of the government.

While the victim's daughter was quite suspious right from the beginning, her motive wasn't clear therefore the episode still managed to stay suspensful, aat least for me.

Also, the scene when Inga interrogated that girl was directed really well, I got chills.
Oct 21, 2011 8:13 AM

Jul 2009
That mobile phone aplication at the begining was brilliant - it really makes me want to update my phone (I'm poor and tight).

Does anyone else have no sympathy for the 'hard-done-by' singer?
She asks "Why did I kill my mum", the decective lady states "You had a breakdown" - excuses! Plus she got away with it. :P

Alos, anybody else loath download error's - in particular, when the downlaod takes a while then fails towards the end. :(

This anime reminds me a bit of Majin Neuro, though it's not nowhere near that level of greatness, it's quite good.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

87 by Eyth »»
Dec 4, 2021 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.