Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 28, 2008 5:56 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was shure for one second that Ren come to visit Nana. But it was only a dream :(
PsylocybekAug 18, 2008 3:14 AM
Aug 11, 2008 11:30 PM

Dec 2007
Now it's the other way around... the Nanas in the first row seeing Ren live in concert.

They thought Hachiko was actually gonna slit her wrists. xD
Nov 10, 2008 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
YES. The episode I'm really looking forward to is coming up.

I feel sorry for Hachiko T^T. Although at this moment in time the other NANA is still my fave.
Nov 27, 2008 11:27 AM

Sep 2008
I thought she got over it a bit too fast, but that's probably just me...
I don't get why everyone's making Shouji out to be the good guy. I still say he's a bastard >__<
And, I don't care HOW much he loved her. It's still cheating...I wanted someone to hit him so bad, and JUST as I thought Nana as going to she was stopped :/ Why?! Oh, that's right, cause apparently, he's not in the wrong here!
Bleh.
Dec 4, 2008 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
Oh. Well, there goes the displayed comfort I asked for. >-<;

The thing is, I think she got over it too fast.
But what really bugs me is how Junko seems to think Shouji isn't the one who messed up the relationship. I think it's more his fault than her's, because we could tell she was at least trying to make the relationship better. All he did was try to find ways to avoid her. Wuteva.

I would like to say that I'm glad Nana comforted Hachiko in a simple way, too.
Rofl @ everyone thinking she slit her wrists. XD
Jan 4, 2009 1:07 PM

Nov 2008
Nana Komatsu is just too immature. The series are about her growing up, I hope. Otherwise, she is annoying.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 20, 2009 3:52 PM

Jun 2008
^ I agree. But I think she will probably grow up more after this
Jan 21, 2009 3:49 PM

Jul 2007
ShellySaurus said:
Oh. Well, there goes the displayed comfort I asked for. >-<;

The thing is, I think she got over it too fast.
But what really bugs me is how Junko seems to think Shouji isn't the one who messed up the relationship. I think it's more his fault than her's, because we could tell she was at least trying to make the relationship better. All he did was try to find ways to avoid her. Wuteva.

I would like to say that I'm glad Nana comforted Hachiko in a simple way, too.
Rofl @ everyone thinking she slit her wrists. XD

ARRGGH! I was so angry when Junko told Nana that she was to blame for what Shouji did. That was horrible, and makes her a horrible friend.

As someone who's been cheated on, I definitely felt strongly for Nana. You can kind of tell she's not quite over it, but she's not really sure how to react. She's never had this happen before. When you get cheated on, all sorts of emotions start going through you. One is guilt, and again Junko was absolutely wrong to say that 1. It was Nana's fault, and 2. That Shouji's request was the only reason she came by.

On a lighter note, I definitely laughed really hard at everyone thinking she was going to kill herself. Come on, how well do they know their friend?

Mar 15, 2009 5:05 AM

Dec 2008
After seeing the end of Ep13 and then going to bed, i couldnt sleep at all because of curiosity...

I thought this episode would have been more filled with sadness and loneliness..

still, shouji is a bastard, because he was the only winner in this "situation", he had to girls and just had to dump the more troubling down and go to the other one.
i really would have wanted to see him, getting dumped by sachiko afterwards: "i cant take it, iam afraid that the same thing will happen to me...", that would have been awesome...

SweetlyKaoru said:
One is guilt, and again Junko was absolutely wrong to say that 1. It was Nana's fault, and 2. That Shouji's request was the only reason she came by.

Juns words arent that incorrect but she could have told here in a more sensitive way. And for 1.&2. your totally right there!!!
May 21, 2009 3:25 AM

Jun 2008
i hope that shouji and sachiko rot in hell! but honestly.. i'm quite glad that nana finally found out.. now i hope that shouji realizes how important nana is and will want her back but then nana will have found another guy.. hahaha.. i hope thats what happens.. anyway! REN! i really thought it was him!!! hahaha.. and now for the other nana's turn... is she going to the concert?!?!?.. what'll happen if she sees ren?
Jun 19, 2009 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
Damn as soon as I knew that the Nanas were going to see some type of embrace between Shouji and Sachiko I wanted Osaki Nana to beat the crap out of Shouji, and when it started to happen I was so happy, and then I became disappointed. I give props to Sachiko for her willingness to take the blame and the punishment.
Aug 8, 2009 7:38 PM

Jan 2009
Shouji is a bastard, i don't care what the reasons, i can't forgive anyone who cheats. And Junko is an awful friend, you don't say that to your best friend who had just been cheated on. What Junko said about a relationship taking two people, while its not like Shouji tried to fix things. No all he did was run away. Felt really bad for Hachiko
Oct 9, 2009 11:41 PM

Jan 2009
I don't really get why anyone in this thread doesn't like Komatsu; sure; shes inmature, childish and quite silly, but she does care for everyone around her. Anyway, I despite Junko, I hope she dies in the fucking flames of hell for not telling Nana that her boyfriend was inlove of someone else, what kind of friendship is that? Besides, I don't really like the way she treats her. Also I really thought Shouji tried to cut ties with Komatsu before going out with another woman, I tried to put myself on his shoes but... was just useless.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 18, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
Honestly, I find Komatsu Nana charming. Despite her constantly saying that she's selfish, etc she really does seem to have her loved ones' best interests at heart. I like her well enough.

As for Junko... Victim-blaming. Not cool. There's no excuse for the way Shouji was acting and the fact that she tried to justify that made me kind of sick to my stomach. I don't think she'd be singing the same tune if she was in Komatsu's shoes :v Echoing what Mikiyo said above, I don't even know how Komatsu can consider her a friend after this whole debacle.

All the characters have been portrayed realistically up to this point, but for Komatsu to get over a relationship that lasted over a year (though most of it was long distance) over the course of a day or two... well goddamn, I could have used that resilience a few times myself, but I don't know anyone who's capable of reacting to a bad breakup like that. O_o Maybe she's just sucking it up and hiding it for now.
Jan 13, 2010 8:27 PM
May 2008
Shouji = Total Dick

However, that has been discussed to death. Now, both Nanas are just great together.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 2, 2010 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
I can already tell I am going to be really sad about finishing this series and there are still 30+ episodes left for me!
Mar 1, 2010 10:54 AM
Jun 2008
Mar 9, 2010 11:46 PM
Jan 2008
Realistically, Shoji and Nana would have never worked out. However, he is a douche bag for not breaking up with Nana sooner. Lesson for the ladies don't date pussies like Shoji.
Mar 13, 2010 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
WTF
Starrlightx3 said:
I thought she got over it a bit too fast, but that's probably just me...
I don't get why everyone's making Shouji out to be the good guy. I still say he's a bastard >__<
And, I don't care HOW much he loved her. It's still cheating...I wanted someone to hit him so bad, and JUST as I thought Nana as going to she was stopped :/ Why?! Oh, that's right, cause apparently, he's not in the wrong here!
Bleh.

Yeah Junko is the worst friend ever, one day after the break up she chooses his side? WTF? I would dump her as a friend right away.

And other nana should have beaten the shit out of shouji, or at least hachiko..
Apr 18, 2010 11:23 AM
Feb 2010
A rather sad episode.
/:
Apr 23, 2010 11:55 PM

Jan 2009
In the end, Shoji's gonna get screwed.

May 11, 2010 7:43 AM

Oct 2008
Ergh, and Junko calls herself a friend? >_>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 30, 2010 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
Shouji should have told her about Sachiko sooner.However,I agree to a certain extent with Junko.They don't know how to preserve a relationship and the meaning of the word love.We can also blame the distance.It's very hard to preserve a relationship for 1 year when you're not togheter with the one you love.The ones that blame Junko,think about her position.They are both her friends.She couldn't tell her about the cheating.It's their own problem and she shouldn't butt in in their relationship.
Urufuzu_reinSep 6, 2010 11:28 AM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Sep 5, 2010 4:56 PM

Feb 2009
I had liked to see Nana punch Shouji (or Hachiko for that matter) in the face. She looked so heroic while she ran off with the intention to break his face. 8D

That said I really think Junko is a biatch, but that isn't anything new because I thought that already the first couple of times she appeared.
Dec 1, 2010 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
I cried during this episote, that situation "nana x shouji x sachiko " was so real...
i wonder how will look (if it'll happen) ren x nana meeting
Feb 16, 2011 4:30 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like they're gonna meet Ren
Feb 25, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
I really know how nana feels v.v
I have been throught exact the same thing :'(
and its really painfull :(
so YOU'RE A FUCKING BASTARD SHOUJI >:(
Mar 21, 2011 12:31 AM

Aug 2010
Oh yea, time for the Ren arc.

I fucking hope Nana doesn't get back with Shoji, what he did was despicable.
Apr 17, 2011 11:34 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, that dream Nana had where Ren visited... my jaw was well on its way to hitting the floor. I love how this series suddenly surprises you like that. Also, I really wish Nana had punched Shouji.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 22, 2011 4:16 AM

Sep 2008
Hutchy said:
Honestly, I find Komatsu Nana charming. Despite her constantly saying that she's selfish, etc she really does seem to have her loved ones' best interests at heart. I like her well enough.

Same here, actually, and she never tried to come across as perfect or anything either. Even in this episode, she was saying that although she told the other Nana that she had pure intentions, she really wasn't all that "pure". (The subbers translated it as "perfect", but the word was actually "pure".) She may seem immature, but honestly, I find it's easier for others to relate to her than to Cool Nana.

Hutchy said:
As for Junko... Victim-blaming. Not cool. There's no excuse for the way Shouji was acting and the fact that she tried to justify that made me kind of sick to my stomach. I don't think she'd be singing the same tune if she was in Komatsu's shoes :v Echoing what Mikiyo said above, I don't even know how Komatsu can consider her a friend after this whole debacle.

Seems that there is a general consensus on this thread that Junko is a horrible friend. I have to chime in and say I agree. I tried to be level-headed and understand where Junko was coming from, but I can't really respect her actions or what she was saying anyway, in the end.
Aug 10, 2011 10:46 AM

Jun 2009
Predseln said:
After seeing the end of Ep13 and then going to bed, i couldnt sleep at all because of curiosity...

I thought this episode would have been more filled with sadness and loneliness..

still, shouji is a bastard, because he was the only winner in this "situation", he had to girls and just had to dump the more troubling down and go to the other one.
i really would have wanted to see him, getting dumped by sachiko afterwards: "i cant take it, iam afraid that the same thing will happen to me...", that would have been awesome...

SweetlyKaoru said:
One is guilt, and again Junko was absolutely wrong to say that 1. It was Nana's fault, and 2. That Shouji's request was the only reason she came by.

Juns words arent that incorrect but she could have told here in a more sensitive way. And for 1.&2. your totally right there!!!

Well there's no easy way to wriggle out of it if you are friend with both parties!
Aug 10, 2011 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
Mikiyo said:
I don't really get why anyone in this thread doesn't like Komatsu; sure; shes inmature, childish and quite silly, but she does care for everyone around her. Anyway, I despite Junko, I hope she dies in the fucking flames of hell for not telling Nana that her boyfriend was inlove of someone else, what kind of friendship is that? Besides, I don't really like the way she treats her. Also I really thought Shouji tried to cut ties with Komatsu before going out with another woman, I tried to put myself on his shoes but... was just useless.

Actually that was a quite bizarre behaviour, in real life I think she would have told her - but even then it's hard to do cause she's friend on both sides. The other thing strange was Junko's bf telling her that - what was he thinking? What a gossip he is! and what was he expecting Junko to do with this news?!?
Aug 10, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2009
Look u guys are being a bit over dramatical here. Junko's right in pointing out that Nana's couple has been experiencing troubles for some times. Nana was indeed taking Shouji for granted lately and phasing him out of her life gradually. She even forgot to call him to tell him she was alright in some previous ep. They were living in the same city but never see each others. So I think its unfair to blame it all on Shouji especially since he did remain faithful in a long distance relationship all this time before Nana moved to Tokyo. As for Junko, Nana's been outta her life for what 2 yrs, while Shouji has become her good friend too in the meanwhile. What can I say it's just hard but when you're stucked in between the two sides - there's not much you can do ...(shrugs)
Aug 29, 2011 9:23 PM

Aug 2011
meneope said:
Look u guys are being a bit over dramatical here. Junko's right in pointing out that Nana's couple has been experiencing troubles for some times. Nana was indeed taking Shouji for granted lately and phasing him out of her life gradually. She even forgot to call him to tell him she was alright in some previous ep. They were living in the same city but never see each others. So I think its unfair to blame it all on Shouji especially since he did remain faithful in a long distance relationship all this time before Nana moved to Tokyo. As for Junko, Nana's been outta her life for what 2 yrs, while Shouji has become her good friend too in the meanwhile. What can I say it's just hard but when you're stucked in between the two sides - there's not much you can do ...(shrugs)

I'm sorry but imo, it doesn't matter what trails a couple is facing or whose fault it was. Cheating for any reason is dead wrong. If Shoji were a real man he would have just ended it with Nana. Besides Nana was trying her best to make up for it. Also Shoji has to take part of the blame too. He should have communicated his feelings with Nana. You can't improve a relationship by staying silent and cheating. And once he figured out it wasn't going to work, he should have left.

As for Junko, she was also wrong. I don't care if your friends with both of them. You don't defend anyone's cheating. Which she basically did. I know I would tell my friend that they were wrong for cheating. I love them, but I won't defend them if they are blatantly in the wrong.

Also you don't start telling your friend it's their fault just hours after a breakup. Junko could have at least waited a couple of days. At a time like that, your friend doesn't need your criticism, they need your comfort.
Sep 5, 2011 5:20 AM
Apr 2010
SpiderLilly said:
Also you don't start telling your friend it's their fault just hours after a breakup. Junko could have at least waited a couple of days. At a time like that, your friend doesn't need your criticism, they need your comfort.

I completely agree. I generally liked Junko as a character up to this point. Sure she was a bit harsh with Nana at times but that was just the dynamic between them.

But the way she approached this seemed completely destructive to me. I don't care how much Junko was judging Nana here, but as a friend she should have supported her until she got over it (which admittedly wasn't long). Nana was mostly to blame for the souring of the relationship, but she was NOT responsible for Shouji's cheating, which is how it came across when Junko said it.

Shouji isn't a bad person, but cowardice is its own form of evil.
..still pisses me off that he's got a happy ending with Sachiko.
toranomeSep 5, 2011 5:35 AM
Sep 10, 2011 10:24 PM

Mar 2011
Woah..I totally skipped this episode...felt like something was off but it seemed to work even with the gap o.O

-Got to re-live my hatred for a certain ex, we all know and love(D).
-And Junko's a bit of a twat isn't she? I mean, Hachi would probably drive my nerves to the limits but...what kind of friend does that..? There were things I wanted her to say and ... she just.. Hmph.

-Cool points for Nana, as always. Being the bestest person in the world, 'specially to her sweet ol'Hachi-co^^
Sep 10, 2011 10:28 PM

Mar 2011
Sky-kun said:

Nom, she can do much worse. And she does. T_T
Dec 23, 2011 2:54 AM

Mar 2009
Lol I wonder when the real Ren would show up.
Feb 29, 2012 1:39 AM
Apr 2008
I'm just saying, there's no point in being with someone if you're thinking about someone else non-stop, so what Shouji done isn't even bad. How he done it was pretty shit, but in reality, sticking with Hachi probably would've been the wrong thing to do in the long run.
Mar 18, 2012 11:50 PM

Sep 2011
That was sad but it was needed for the series. Hopefully she will grow from this.
May 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2009
Nana in the toilet lol what the hell? haha
Other than that, this was very sad at first... Good episode.
Jul 19, 2012 4:18 AM

Aug 2010
LoonyLimbo said:
Sky-kun said:

Nom, she can do much worse. And she does. T_T

Can't wait..
Aug 28, 2012 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
Actually cried at this anime.
Osaki Nana is a great character.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Aug 31, 2012 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
Didn't like Junko in this episode. :/ Since when is it Hachi's fault? Well yeah she kinda didn't give much attention but Shouji did everything... :/

NANA POWER. :D

Ok Ren arc time..
Dec 4, 2012 5:14 PM

May 2012
Finally! Time for Nana and Ren:) I hope their story is not depressing as the other Nana...my heart had enough already..
Feb 15, 2013 6:18 AM

Jan 2012
My blood is boiling because of that piece of shit Shouji. And Junko is a bitch without a doubt too. Sucks to be Nana, being surrounded by people like that...

Feb 20, 2013 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
Fuck you too, Junko.
May 20, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
Finally... the Shoji arc is over.
Jul 28, 2013 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, there sure is a lot of hate for Shouji and Jun! I understand that people are mad because cheating isn't warranted under any circumstances, but really, Shouji and Sachiko sleeping together was probably inevitable. He cares about her and enjoys her company more than he does with Hachi. If Hachi wasn't so naive and self-absorbed, she would've realized how far she and Shouji had drifted apart. I think this is what Jun was trying to tell her. Like myself, she isn't condoning the cheating, but saying that Hachi doesn't have any responsibility in the matter is immature and naive thinking. And yes, speaking her mind like that and telling it like it is will come off as cold. If she didn't care about Hachi, she wouldn't have come over. I like Jun a lot and she's one of my favorite characters in the series so far. I haven't lost any respect for her.

Anyways, another strong episode!
Sep 8, 2013 7:48 PM
Jul 2013
Jun is such an inconsiderate person. She blatantly tells nana that it's her fault for the relationship coming to an end. Even goes to give her relationship advice. wtf? I thought she was supposed to be a mature and kind character but just the opposite.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by AoiHanaBara »»
Apr 20, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 29, 2007

86 by mo_lave »»
Apr 19, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cureroyale - Feb 18, 2009

55 by mo_lave »»
Apr 18, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

65 by mo_lave »»
Apr 17, 8:58 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

77 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 16, 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.