Forum Settings
Forums

Anime in above user's "dropped" list that they should reconsider

New
Oct 18, 2011 7:59 AM

Sep 2011
Thread re-make since my other one got deleted =/

Rules:
1. Try to not only list titles but also explain shortly why you would recommend them.
2. If someone doesn't have a drop list, skip the person and recommend something to someone else.
3. If you have no suggestions, please don't post. Posting "nothing" and similar things is spam.
4. You are free to comment on multiple people's lists, but please include the person above you.
LunaApr 3, 2013 11:58 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2011 8:07 AM

Jul 2009
Heat Guy J and School Rumble.
School Rumble gets much funnier later on. The begining episodes are a little off... but it picks up its pace around episode 6 and such.
And I think Heat Guy J is really underated as a series. And while yes it is an episodic show, the characters really make up for it. And you should at least watch episode 6. Because ranting about tomatoes is awesome.

OMG
PRINCESS TUTU! It gets SO much better later on. Its a little slow at first... but by episode 6 it starts to get really serious and abandons the typical ___ of the week.
Oct 18, 2011 8:16 AM

Nov 2008
Aishiteruze Baby, oh just finish it lol, the sheer cuteness should compell you to finish it.

Oct 18, 2011 8:44 AM

May 2011
^
Nothing to change on your lists.

@CanAPanda

Princess Tutu

Seriously, you dropped this after 1 episode and gave 3/10? No-one approves your action. You have heard this like ten times already on this thread, go and watch more. Really, do so, you won't regret it later. You will only regret not to watch it earlier.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 18, 2011 9:23 AM

Sep 2011
Okay fine you've convinced me - I'll go buy duck tape for my eyes.
Oct 18, 2011 9:41 AM

Aug 2011
@Karhu
Well, you know...

TRIGUN!
Oct 18, 2011 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
@Tiago97

Code Geass. Dude, you've nearly completed it! The ending is brilliant tbf but give the second season a miss, it's pure shit.
Oct 18, 2011 9:54 AM
Feb 2011
@iSeeU

Everything on there other than Bakemonogatari should stay there.
­
Oct 18, 2011 9:56 AM

Aug 2011
I like how you didn't even drop any anime.
Oct 18, 2011 9:56 AM

Jun 2011
@Ritsu
You should really keep everything in your drop list dropped.
Same with you Tiago.
Oct 18, 2011 10:02 AM

Jul 2009
Give Ouran another try. You only watched one episode and it really gets better after the first episode. And this series itself is able to be really funny and have some dramatic elements well integrated into the show.
Oct 18, 2011 10:08 AM
Oct 2007
D.N Angel is really worth another try storyline is funny but serious n the love complications in the story are simple but good and also the action scenes are really intresting because of the effects used and the dramatic music XD
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 18, 2011 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
Ga-Rei: Zero is pretty good actually. The plot may be simple and predictable, but it's well-written and there's not much unnecessary drama. I found the entire cast to be really likable, though, some of the characters are quite flat. It had good graphic and voice acting. Pacing may be a little slowish at times, but there's action coming up. Ending is predictable, but it's solid. In general, there aren't many to complain about how it was executed.
Motion_MenaceOct 18, 2011 10:29 AM
Oct 18, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
Only thing I would suggest is, watching the last arc of Amagami SS. It's generally considered the best one.
Oct 18, 2011 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
to nznznz:

You should reconsider Evangelion 1.0 and Death Note.. both deserve IMO the perfect score 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2011 11:20 AM

Jun 2011
@nznznz

Well, it seems that our tastes are really different, since you dropped some anime series I really love, for example:

-Baccano!
-Durarara!!
-FMA Brotherhood (it really becomes interesting)
-Dragonball
-One Piece (I dropped it, but I'll watch it again xD)
-Naruto
-Darker Than Black
-Death Note

But, I see you don't really like shounen, from the things you dropped, so I'd sugest to at least give another chance to Durarara!! or Death Note...
Oct 18, 2011 11:28 AM

Feb 2009
@Heiwajima
Hmm. One Piece perhaps. I got nothing. Though its funny how we dropped Pokemon at the same ep.
Oct 18, 2011 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
@belatkuro
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru! Probably my favorite anime by SHAFT and one of the best comedies of 2010.
Oct 18, 2011 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
@WHY

baccano! - at first it seems a bit confusing but as the stories go on, everything comes together. and there's really amazing characters. however, if gore is not for you, that's understandable.
Oct 18, 2011 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
@pantyshots
I would finish off Angel Beats if I were you. The last few episodes were the best parts of the Anime in my opinion. Also Gosick is a really good Anime but I guess it really depends on your taste. (It gets much MUCH better)

@thenextposter
I don't think anyone could convince me to finish the 2 dropped Animes on my list. (It is very rare that I would even drop an Anime)
Oct 18, 2011 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
@pantyshots
Your dropped list should stay dropped. Ao no Exorcist is pretty good if you ever feel in the mood or some generic shounen though.

@OriginANIME
I consider Hourou Musuko a pretty good show, but obviously it isn't to your taste so I won't bother.
Oct 18, 2011 12:34 PM

Feb 2010
@ fable

People can say what they want about the narrative for Angel Beats! being a mess, but unlike Jun Maeda's other stuff, the lite fantasy elements are already established rather than being suddenly placed in. Although the series could have sorely used another cour, it pulls off the essential development well enough. If you haven't seen Clannad, definitely check this out.

Hanasaku Iroha has a tendency to spread out the comedic and dramatic moments very evenly throughout its course. However, it's never heavy-handed or over-the-top in its approach. The characters are also slowly built throughout the series rather than being developed overnight, and none of them are put on a pedestal. You dropped it at episode 3, but that's actually the worst of it. It only gets better from there on out, so if you're looking for a solid coming-of-age story, Hanasaku Iroha is a solid recommendation. Feel free to avoid it if the dropping point offended you -that- much, though.

I'm really surprised you ditched La Corda D'Oro.

While I will admit that the first four episodes of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha are slow going, everything after that is much better with the introduction of Fate. And if you can make it past this season, Nanoha A's awaits you. Which is by far considered the best season of the entire series.

Yes, Texhnolyze is deliberately vague in its approach, but it gets better as time goes on. Just make sure to keep your thoughts active or you're going to end up with a big "?" plastered on your face.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days--It's a movie, therefore pointless to drop.
Kyouko_AyaseOct 18, 2011 12:59 PM
Oct 18, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
@Akito_Kinomoto

Kono Aozora - Yeah, this was pretty bad. As bland as an anime can possibly get.

Shippuden is a given

So those drops are fine.

Nichijou - dropping something after only one ep is always questionable. This show seems to have gathered a lot of hate for whatever reason. I'll definitely check this out sooner or later but atm can't really say anything about it.

Railgun - I had alot more fun watching this than Index. Because it has tons of Mikoto :O But you've seen 9 eps and therefore should have a pretty good idea how it is. And if you don't like it by then I think dropping is is okay.
Oct 18, 2011 12:58 PM

May 2011
@grandy_UiD:

Hayate no Gotoku is pretty funny. I agree the whole season seems shaky but it takes anime cliches and parodies them so if you could use a good laugh, go ahead. Plus, it has Hinagiku.
Oct 18, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2011
@LEGOF
Bleach. From episode 26 to episode 64 ( if I'm not mistaken) it's pretty good... just to turn shit again.

Detective Conan. I can see why someone would drop this, due to it's repetitiveness and such. But the cases are still pretty good.

School Days. loljk
Oct 18, 2011 1:05 PM

Jun 2011
^ Dragon Ball Kai. 7 is a rather okay score though, so I don't think you dropped it in dislike. Superior to the original Z in every way.

EVA too.
Oct 18, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2011
^ I would say HOTD, but since you watched 7 episodes and gave it a 2 it's probably worthless
Oct 18, 2011 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
@Shyk1
Dog Days! How could you drop such an amazing Anime!?

As for Oretachi... good job my friend.
Oct 18, 2011 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
OriginANIME said:
@Shyk1
Dog Days! How could you drop such an amazing Anime!?

Amazing might be a bit of an exaggeration for a show like that. But I have to agree that it was alot better than I thought it would be (because the synopsis basically sounded like a ZnT ripoff).

As for you: nothing really worth picking up again I guess
Oct 18, 2011 1:56 PM

Oct 2011
@ grandy_UiD

Hidamari Sketch - I would try to finish those 4 episodes of 1-st series. And than skip to second one - which is much better both in action and execution. Third can be skipped thou.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - I don't know :D ok humor is very specific there, but it gets better later.
Oct 18, 2011 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
@Dalek-baka (hmm, what?)

Death Note. Even if it's dumb it's pretty entretaining.
Oct 18, 2011 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
Ranma 1/2

Never really watched the series (have seen a couple random episodes at a friends house), but I have read a fair bit of the manga. Its not a great series but if your patient enough to watch 130 episodes, then its still worth watching. Decently funny at least... its ok

hunch1.jpg
Oct 18, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
Gintama- If you gave it 7 by episode 104 you are most likely going to love it much more later on.
Oct 18, 2011 2:25 PM

May 2011
@ Ragna92

Bleach - I had the same problem as you. I only watched the 1st 10-20 episodes, and I hated it with a fiery passion. I only continued it because my friend threatened me, but now I love it. You just have to reach an arc you'll like. Warning: there Will be arcs you'll hate (*cough-cough*Bount Arc*cough-cough*),
but I enjoy it overall. You might, too.
Oct 18, 2011 3:47 PM

Sep 2010
@Forest:

Grave of Fireflies- I personally haven't watched the movie, but it would look like something I could get a good cry at. xD

Saikano- Its actually pretty good although it was kinda too depressing.

Voices of a Distant Star- One of the first anime DVDs I bought I really enjoyed it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 18, 2011 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
@Roloko
All the shows on your dropped list pretty much deserve to be there. But I guess I'd recommend trying to watch Naruto again. I understand why most people wouldn't like it, but I still find it very entertaining.
Oct 18, 2011 4:46 PM

Jun 2010
@WHY
Steins;Gate - brilliant show, don't hate on it for the fan base; heck, if you don't like the story, at least watch it for the voice acting or something
Haruhi (2009) - many people dislike this, I have no idea why, I guess many people just don't have the attention span for it or something, so watch it, again, great story, plus, it's mentioned in the first 10 minutes of the damn movie
Tatami Galaxy - one of my favorite shows, give it more of a chance. It's better than Groundhog day if that's all it made you think of
Oct 18, 2011 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
@ belatkuro
D.Gray-man, also why do you have so many anime on your dropped list that you have such high ratings for?

@ WHY
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

@ pantyshots
Angel Beats! - stick with it, the entire series has a climax within itself and you have yet to reach it =P
D.Gray-man

@ OriginANIME
lmfao @ your dropped list tags XD
Oct 18, 2011 5:41 PM

Aug 2011
@CanAPanda

School Rumble- School rumble is one of the funniest anime's ive ever seen. You have to give it a chance. you shouldnt have stopped watching after the first episodes because its starts out iffy but then statrts to shine after 8 or 9 episodes
"Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb! Beautifully following the golden road! If there’s a wall, we knock it down! It’s a road built with these hands! The Magma of the Heart’s Final Ignition! Perfect Unification Gurren-Lagann!"
Oct 18, 2011 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
@CanAPanda
Slayers is a great classic anime (the newest season was a let down). Though many people don't appreciate it as much since it's an older series. There's a reason why it has 12 different series, OVAs, movies. Because people loved it.

School Rumble is HILARIOUS. I think that was the first anime where I laughed myself to tears multiple times. It's right up there with Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu on the funny meter.
Oct 18, 2011 5:55 PM

Jun 2009
@GurrenNinja
Black Cat - It's an okay action anime, and since your only 5 episodes from completing it, you might as well finish.

@lanblade
Hajime no Ippo - well, this is contingent on whether you like sports anime or not. If you can at least tolerate them, you should definitely give it a second chance, as it is one of the best sports anime out there.

*Skip me for obvious reasons :P
Oct 18, 2011 5:58 PM

Jul 2010
@Gurreninja
Seeing that you've seen parts of Dragon Ball, Z and GT, I'm going to assume you watched it on tv. At least pick up Dragon Ball again. It's one of the funniest shounen animes out there. Who doesn't love how stupidly innocent Goku can be? xD

@Ianblade
The only thing I've seen on your dropped list is Hajime no Ippo. All I can say is I didn't see myself liking this either, but when I did watch it all, I ended up reading the manga because I didn't want it to end!
Oct 18, 2011 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
@CanAPanda
Slayers is a great classic anime (the newest season was a let down). Though many people don't appreciate it as much since it's an older series. There's a reason why it has 12 different series, OVAs, movies. Because people loved it.
School Rumble is HILARIOUS. I think that was the first anime where I laughed myself to tears multiple times. It's right up there with Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu on the funny meter.

I understand that Slayers is a classic and that it's recognized as an amazing series, it's just that personally I don't enjoy old animation =/

School Rumble... didn't absolutely hate it, but I feel like the main character's look and attitude gives off more of a supporting character vibe, yanno like he should be an auto club guy or something =P (go watch ah my goddess haha)
Oct 18, 2011 6:17 PM

Dec 2009
hmm? ...
Oct 18, 2011 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
@ waalex11
Kanokon - while I'll agree it's not the best anime out there, it's a pretty decent harem considering it actually has a viable plot. While it does have a few pointless episodes, in the end it's pretty good.
Oct 18, 2011 6:48 PM

Sep 2010
I understand that Slayers is a classic and that it's recognized as an amazing series, it's just that personally I don't enjoy old animation =/

And this is why this thread exists. Hopefully people will be willing to give a series a second shot and put aside whatever turned them off in the first place. It's pretty arrogant to be willing to give advice but not take it yourself.

Oct 18, 2011 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
And this is why this thread exists. Hopefully people will be willing to give a series a second shot and put aside whatever turned them off in the first place. It's pretty arrogant to be willing to give advice but not take it yourself.

If you were to go through and read the entire thread you would have noticed that I have taken the advice of many and moved a few anime out of my dropped list. I was simply explaining why I haven't for this anime, I never said it was bad - I just didn't enjoy it. I don't plan on doing something that is meant to be fun (watching anime) when I don't enjoy it, that seems really dumb.
Oct 18, 2011 7:04 PM

Sep 2010
CanAPanda said:
Anime_Name said:And this is why this thread exists. Hopefully people will be willing to give a series a second shot and put aside whatever turned them off in the first place. It's pretty arrogant to be willing to give advice but not take it yourself.

If you were to go through and read the entire thread you would have noticed that I have taken the advice of many and moved a few anime out of my dropped list. I was simply explaining why I haven't for this anime, I never said it was bad - I just didn't enjoy it. I don't plan on doing something that is meant to be fun (watching anime) when I don't enjoy it, that seems really dumb.

Except that is precisely what you claim to have done already but are now saying that "old animation" is the line in the sand that must not be crossed. Not wanting to watch classic anime because of old animation sounds like a stupid and petty reason to me.

Oct 18, 2011 7:08 PM

Aug 2011
BlackKnight27 said:
@GurrenNinja
Black Cat - It's an okay action anime, and since your only 5 episodes from completing it, you might as well finish.

i was watching it in demand at the time and i missed a couple weeks of episodes. i didnt have much interest in it at the time so i just decided it drop it completely. maybe on day il finish it but i dont have much motivation to do so
"Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb! Beautifully following the golden road! If there’s a wall, we knock it down! It’s a road built with these hands! The Magma of the Heart’s Final Ignition! Perfect Unification Gurren-Lagann!"
Oct 18, 2011 8:53 PM

Apr 2010
Uhhh... well trying to get back on topic... lets see who was the last to actually post a recommendation (seriously if you want to comment on why you dropped a show do it in a private chat or something)...
ok, @Samurai_ (because you got skipped)

uhhh... X-men!!! Because it has... x-men and... stuff.
Seriously, your dropped list probably doesn't need to be watched, though I'm wondering why you decided to drop One piece and the other generic shounens after getting so far into them (and giving them decent scores even).

Not that I recommend you getting back into them... I think they're average at best.

and uhhh CanAPanda did something too sooo...

HEAT GUY J!!!!!! Haven't seen it so I can't recommend it, but my friend won it at a convention and seemed to like it.

Anyways, I recommend Sunabozu, because theres very little like it and its a great tangent to the regular every day humor of most anime
leingodf8Oct 18, 2011 8:56 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have You Ever!? v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Barnald - Aug 15, 2023

2620 by asschewer »»
59 seconds ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

2064 by Zettaiken »»
1 minute ago

» Say Something Nice About the User Above you v8 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 22, 2021

8349 by Mopache »»
1 minute ago

» Notice something about the user above you v.12 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 2, 2023

3627 by Mopache »»
3 minutes ago

» Fact about yourself v.5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jun 1, 2023

2419 by NextUniverse »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.