Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2011 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
Hmm. Chizu lost a bit of his character from the manga (some of you might know what).
But I really liked this episode. Chizu is more... energetic than the rest of them, which is good, because Yuuki and Yuuta are such downers (but funny). :D

Truthfully, I liked the manga better so far though. o.o

Starting to not hate the cats now though. No longer creepy. :3
Oct 17, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2010
I really love this show!:-) I enjoy easy going laid back shows so this one is fine for me. It's so adorable and the characters are sweet. I agree with some people on here that the flashbacks are the best part. I also love the new edition to the group. I didn't think I would but he's not bad. He's energetic and livens up the show. The only thing wrong is the annoying girl but I can tolerate her in small doses.

I thought Shun was a girl too the first time Chizuru saw him. I was like who is that girl with one of my twins! lol I totally forgot about him for a second. :P

5/5
Oct 17, 2011 8:43 PM

May 2010
I like the cats. Every time I see them, I wanna pet them.
Oct 17, 2011 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Oh Shun~ You are SO SO OBLIVIOUS! XD
"Her face was red...Maybe she stayed up all night doing homework"

Its kinda weird hearing (SUPER) hyper Miyu...Maybe because I got used to hearing his Astral voice on Zexal... And his Sora Voice in the KH3D trailers. (His Tachibana voice in my opinion IS WAY WAY MORE SPAZZY and HYPER THAN SORA's!"

And Dang I didnt recognize Shun with that ponytail!! ____

Repeat forever. Promise forever
That you'll keep me in your heart.
Oct 17, 2011 10:10 PM

Mar 2010
Shimohi said:
japanese shouldnt try to speak german, very awful :/

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out Chizuru was speaking German because of the bad accent. :P

Oct 17, 2011 10:43 PM

Nov 2007
I'm both surprised and happy that people thinks that Chizuru is good (or liking him), as a Miyu-Miyu fan!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 17, 2011 11:25 PM

Nov 2008
So much better than the first two episodes! Chizuru definitely adds some energy to the otherwise slow-paced progression of the series, love his character.

Oct 17, 2011 11:28 PM

May 2010
Lol so many cats.

I thought he was speaking gibberish until right at the end when he said danke, oh lol.

This is so cute, I really liked this episode. Everything is wonderful!
Oct 18, 2011 12:56 AM

Dec 2009
stevewiess01 said:
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out Chizuru was speaking German because of the bad accent. :P

Yeah this. I only realised that he was speaking German when I heard his mother lol.

First I suspected it to be very very VERY bad Engrish xD
Oct 18, 2011 12:56 AM

Nov 2007
KayChan4U said:
But oh god this episode really was too cute..Yuki and Chizuru trying to communicate when they were little..;~; Shows you don't need to speak the same language to be friends as long as you have body language T^T *sniffles*

thissssss. i've always liked how little kids manage to break through the language barrier that separates them just by, well, being innocent kids.

ugh man all the tears i'm shedding for this show. ; ^ ; so drawn to chizuru already b/c he's vulnerable and conceals his true feelings from everyone sjkfhasjkfaf CHIZURU COME TO MEEEEEE.
Oct 18, 2011 1:19 AM

Nov 2010
2nd uke arrived. WHich is enough as the glasses guy isnt interested in that sort of things. I feel sorry for the glasses guy, as he was unfortunate enough to happen to grow up with that bunch. Too much airheadness and eating cak...bento in this serie.
Oct 18, 2011 5:14 AM

Sep 2008
The show just became 20% funnier and more energetic with the appearance of Chizuru.

I still think that JC Staff's animation quality isn't good though. What a shame, for the source material is actually not bad at all. At least the insert songs and OP/ED are good.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Oct 18, 2011 5:27 AM
Feb 2008
Shimohi said:
japanese shouldnt try to speak german, very awful :/

I liked it, although you're right, it wasn't very good. But I think when I speak japanese it's even more worse ... It suprised me, I didn't know he was german. ^^
Oct 18, 2011 6:55 AM

May 2010
surprisingly enjoyable episode. 5/5
Oct 18, 2011 7:18 AM

Apr 2010
Oh man, love this series already...
The twins rocks! :D together with Kaname
Oct 18, 2011 9:48 AM
Jan 2011
So, a 5th wheel just arrived and this is looking like yaoi.
Oct 18, 2011 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Oh best episode so far! ^_^ Chizuuru is so kawaii. Love him! It was soo cute.

And so is Yukki! 5/5 ^_^
Oct 18, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2009
I wanna know what that bg song that played closer to the end was. It was absolutely charming.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 18, 2011 11:34 AM

Jun 2009
This isn't even the kind of show i'd want to watch, but i tried 1st ep because i was bored, and how right i were to do that. It's just so good, i'm not even sure why but it just is... well, one of things being awfully fitting bgm, i must know the name of this song that played near the end.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 18, 2011 11:42 AM

May 2009
I LOVE this series already! =D
It's is SUCH a HEALING change from the stereotypical school anime!
I love how they keep showing the lunch times and the memories and the small its and bits. So much character development.

Beautiful! :)
LOL! Matsuoka is dense! :)) So is Chizuru for not noticing! :)))))) ROFL!

It's a great series.. especially after Usagi Drop. :)
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 18, 2011 1:31 PM

May 2009
Bren said:
and the kid scene was super cute too, how 2 kids can play together even though they didn't understand each other at all! ♥

THIS! So much! I absolutely adored that scene. That kind of thinking is so innocent and wise at the same time.

Looks like I'll be picking up the manga soon.
Oct 18, 2011 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
Nice episode. I like this new guy, Chizuru. Their childhood story was pretty sweet. All of us boys had a friend like that when were kids.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 18, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
Too cute.
Oct 18, 2011 9:58 PM

Dec 2008
Finally a decent episode. Chizuru injects the energy and spontaneity that the series needed to make it more interesting. Before, the twins and Kaname were so deadpan and Shun had his head stuck in the clouds to the point where their conversations were slow and boring; and that tsundere girl (can't even remember her name, hnnggg) is only annoying rather than charming. Chizuru, at least, is interesting and offsets the other three guys', well, lack of energy creating a good dynamic.

It's still not even close to being a great series, but I hope it continues on this way.
Oct 18, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
Low frame rate on the animation was pretty annoying, and despite the added energy from Chizuru it was a little too placid for my taste.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 19, 2011 4:34 AM

Jun 2011
Loved this ep, finally getting interesting
Oct 19, 2011 3:24 PM

Mar 2009
That was just plain adorable. I love Chizuru so much aaagh. It's been a long time since I saw something that cute. It was also kind of nostalgic, reminded me of days I spent playing in parks.

...I don't think I've ever seen a teeter-totter in person though, now that I think about it.

Also... it's been said, but that was some pretty terrible German.
ClaptrapOct 19, 2011 3:42 PM
Oct 19, 2011 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
-like-
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Oct 19, 2011 3:49 PM

May 2010
That was cute, I was laughing a lot. I agree that this show keep getting better.
Cant wait for next week
Oct 19, 2011 5:39 PM

Aug 2011
Really Enjoyable episode, the comedy was better this week, best so far I have to say
Oct 20, 2011 6:20 AM

Dec 2009
I'm loving this, the episode was so cute ♥
Oct 20, 2011 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
Hehe I looooooooove it. Wonderful slice of life.
Oct 21, 2011 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
Homestuck said:
Uh oh guys two boys held hands, this is obviously a homo show, I better drop it now while my manhood is still intact.

Actually, outside of the modern, English speaking world, it's normal for people to hold hands with members of the same sex. In Muslim countries it's rude not to hold the hand of the person you are talking to (who had better be of the same gender or you are gonna get looks), same story in Eastern Europe, South and South East Asia and Latin America. Non-romantic physical contact (kisses, hugs, hand holding) are ways to express that you are close to the other person as a FRIEND or even recent ACQUAINTANCE. Avoiding those touches with members of the same sex puts oneself off as being distant and cold.

I'll get off my soap box, just wanted to clarify that the modern avoidance of same sex touch is weird in context with over 3/4 of the world.

And yes, the show is dang cute.
Oct 21, 2011 8:16 PM

Aug 2010
That end was pretty funny.
So far, my favorite character's Yuki.
Oct 21, 2011 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
AnimeFanWhoDied said:
So far, my favorite character's Yuki.

/nods
It's been a while...
Oct 22, 2011 2:36 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, I really liked this episode. Chizuru is too cute for his own good, I think he might be the thing that can convince me to watch the entire anime.

Just gonna pretend that I didn't see any slash here~~
Oct 22, 2011 9:33 PM

Jul 2010
AstuteOtaku said:
Homestuck said:
Uh oh guys two boys held hands, this is obviously a homo show, I better drop it now while my manhood is still intact.

Actually, outside of the modern, English speaking world, it's normal for people to hold hands with members of the same sex. In Muslim countries it's rude not to hold the hand of the person you are talking to (who had better be of the same gender or you are gonna get looks), same story in Eastern Europe, South and South East Asia and Latin America. Non-romantic physical contact (kisses, hugs, hand holding) are ways to express that you are close to the other person as a FRIEND or even recent ACQUAINTANCE. Avoiding those touches with members of the same sex puts oneself off as being distant and cold.

I'll get off my soap box, just wanted to clarify that the modern avoidance of same sex touch is weird in context with over 3/4 of the world.

And yes, the show is dang cute.

I like how you didn't notice the sarcasm in my original post. Just thought I'd point that out and clear that up for you. I personally agree with everything you said.
Oct 23, 2011 2:12 AM

Aug 2011
I love the roof scene between Yuki and Chizuru by the way.. lol.
that's gonna be SOMETHING I guess... (fangirl's mind)
Im really looking forward to the next episode, they're just so cute~~
Yukiiiiiiii~
Oct 23, 2011 12:19 PM

Feb 2009
Yes, best episode so far. Chizuru is so funny (not annoying like Masaki), I like him. :3 All of them turn out to be adorable characters!
About the shounen-ai aura, I guess is totally fanservice, like watching a episode of Natsume Yuujinchou with Natsume and Natori, just BL moments for fangirls attack, nothing more.
Anyway, I finally gave some laughs with Kimi to Boku (until now was just a calm slice of life)! Especially with Chizuru thinking Shun was a girl, haha.
Oct 23, 2011 4:51 PM

Feb 2009
Really had some laugh throughout that episode, you wouldn't never think a story about some teenage boys could be that cute.
Oct 28, 2011 6:58 AM
Mar 2010
three episodes judgement: This anime like me.... Initially I thought it was a yaoi-ism, but now I think this is only a friendship loveble anime.... XD (I hate yaoi...)

That Mugwara-boshi boy is awesome!!! he makes me laugh.... Definitely this is a nice anime and I will continue it...

next to 4th ep
Oct 31, 2011 4:38 PM

Mar 2010
Kinda slow episode, but it meshed very well with each other. So i'll give it that. Looking forward to the next!
Nov 3, 2011 3:35 AM

Jul 2010
I liked this episode a lot, it was really cute ^^ This is gonna be on of my fav slice of life anime's if they keep the great work up :D

Poor Chizuru, finding out that Shun is acutally a male :P

The flasback was super cute, loved it to see Yuki being friendly with someone else than Yuta :) And omg, they held hands so this MUST be a shounen-ai anime. There's no way young kids who are completely innocent and have no romantic feelings toward each other can hold hands without being gay -_- I wish people would shut up about it, they just held hands for a short moment. Like you're gay if you just tóuch another male, be it a hand or a shoulder or whatever... It's not a shounen-ai anime so get over it...
Nov 12, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2010
I enjoyed the fuck out of this episode. And holy shit he sure fell from a very high place. I thought he wasn't going to move.
Nov 13, 2011 5:54 AM
Nov 2011
i loved the part where yuuki and chizuru were on the roof... and i would looooove to know what is the real name of the manga yuuki was reading!!! i searched it everywhere but i couldn't find it!! O_O
Nov 13, 2011 10:43 AM

Apr 2010
Those guys that wanted to attack Chizuru because of his hair certainly where a sad bunch they could see his eyes where blue shouldn't that be a indicator for them that he had a foreign parent.
Other then that it looked like a nice episode.
I liked how the female classmate responded when Chizusu asked her to watch out for him when he forgets his homework.
Nov 23, 2011 8:41 PM

Jun 2011
T.T OHHHHHHH, the second I heard Chizuru open his mouth in the classroom, I went like "....OHMYFRICKINGGOD! NO, NO! NOW I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH THIS EPISODE WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT SORA EVERY TIME THIS GUY OPENS HIS MOUTH! GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!"

:3 But Chizuru's still pretty cute.
0.0 And when he was a kid, I think he was speaking German. It sounded German to me.

EDIT: WHOAAAAAA! 0.0 He WAS speaking German, I just looked him up! Oh my gosh, I don't know ANY German, how did I know he was speaking German!?
SeerofWordsNov 23, 2011 8:50 PM
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 11, 2011 8:28 PM

May 2009
Great episode! I'm loving this anime :)

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Dec 21, 2011 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
More great development in characters, and I can never get tired of those insert songs, the op, and the ed.

Throughout watching this far, I know that this show will get A LOT of Boy-Love spin-offs and etc., but I guess it set itself up for this with a cast of 90% males and the Japanese-form of friendship with occasionally holding hands and etc.

Despite this, this is turning out to be a really great overall series for friendship and bonds between friends during high-school.

Dec 28, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2010
This is just too cute. ♥

Every flashback I see is just adorable. :)
[insert awesome signature here]
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi to Boku. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2011

78 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2011

93 by Kitty-Kate »»
Mar 18, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 7, 2011

65 by Kitty-Kate »»
Mar 18, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2011

73 by anya_forger14 »»
Mar 14, 2023 1:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2011

50 by SouthRzVa »»
Nov 10, 2022 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.