Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2011 8:35 AM
Feb 2011
Maffy said:
Well tbh I don't think Glen did something bad. I had all my faith on Jack and guess what, he didn't seem like he actually deserved it. Whatever he did, it seems he was the cause of the massacre, not Glen. And besides killing Glen, he didn't seem so eager to help Gil when he himself slashed him and almost killed him lol

Oh yeah.

Not helping one wounded guy to go and try and stop a guy ordering deaths is bad.

Ordering the deaths of an entire town out of what seemed like a fit of rage to hurt the Will of Abyss, yeah, that's not bad at all.

I applaud your sense of morality.
Oct 26, 2011 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
One thing I'm feeling a little confused about- What are the Baskervilles trying to do with Glen? Lotti says they want to put Glen's soul to rest and Leo says he wants to ask Glen how to get rid of the WotA. But it seems to be Glen's soul talking to Leo here.
Shouldn't Leo be able to contact Glen's soul? Shouldn't the Baskervilles be satisfied now that they know Leo is Glen?

It feels very probably that Jack is being influenced by someone else.
He does seem to know the affect of B Rabbit's power, as shown here, where he implies that he sent Gil to bring Oz down from his crazing after Alice. Although, according to the WotA losing your mind isn't too odd when your a contractor.
Thinking along those lines- Break says earlier that B-Rabbit's power is the same as Mad Hatter's. Does this mean that B-Rabbit can kill other chains?

Lacie feels almost like a midpoint between Alice and Alyss. Lacie cutting and kissing Jack's ear in an attempt to cheer him up is very reminiscent of Alice biting Oz's ear for the same reason. Their mannerisms just seem so similar. Infact, Alice reminds me more of Lacie then of the sweet, good Alice Jack knew. And while Lacie's homicidal moment reminds me of Alyss, it is not as if our Alice is a stranger to violence. In fact, she likes killing those she doesn't like. While we haven't seen her actually kill, this was mostly do to Oz holding her back.
And I find the similarities in Jack's love of Lacie and Oz's love of Alice disconcerting. I had almost forgotten how much he adores her, but in Cheshire's dimension Oz describes her in a reverent way similar to how Jack talks of Lacie and doesn't Jack liking Lacie's song because of her remind you of here, where Oz doesn't mind the rain because Alice can enjoy it? I see Oz spiraling down the same path as Jack, with Alice in one hand and B-Rabbit's power in the other, and I find myself very scared for him...
ToshiMonsterOct 26, 2011 3:26 PM
Oct 26, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
ToshiMonster said:
One thing I'm feeling a little confused about- What are the Baskervilles trying to do with Glen? Lotti says they want to put Glen's soul to rest and Leo says he wants to ask Glen how to get rid of the WotA. But it seems to be Glen's soul talking to Leo here.

Leo is able to talk to the Glens (when he's not actively suppressing them), but he's not able to get real answers out of them. They seem to be experiencing some kind of memory loss. I think that's what the sealing stones are doing: sealing off the Glens' memory, knowledge, and/or aspects of their power. I think Lottie wants to put Glen's soul to rest in the sense that Glen had unfinished business from 100 years ago and can't be at peace until he follows through.

ToshiMonster said:
Thinking along those lines- Break says earlier that B-Rabbit's power is the same as Mad Hatter's. Does this mean that B-Rabbit can kill other chains?

Pretty sure, yeah. I think it's the only way Jack could've defeated Glen's uber-chains. Jack also threatens the Baskervilles with B-Rabbit power. Looks like he knows what he's talking about and so do the Baskervilles. They probably encountered Jack in B-Rabbit mode during the tragedy, and so far we've only seen Abyss-rejecting chains like Mad Hatter be able to kill Baskervilles.
Oct 26, 2011 8:27 PM
Oct 2011
I haven't got around to commenting on this chapter yet so here I go.

I really enjoyed this chapter and liked the Jack background Jun's giving us. I hope it continues. My opinion of Jack hasn't changed at all. I believe both Glen and Jack had their reasons for what they did, and I will wait until I have the full story to judge.

I have a couple of theories I would like to run by you guys.
I dont think Jack and Gilbert ever had much of a connection/relationship where they were close 100 years ago. Jack pretty much denied any time as his master when Gill asked if he was the master that he served but couldnt protect.
here

http://www.mangareader.net/350-24667-29/pandora-hearts/chapter-38.html

and here

http://www.mangareader.net/350-24667-31/pandora-hearts/chapter-38.html

when Jack is telling Gill what happened if taken metaphorically it sounds like Gill just tried to stop their fighting and was betrayed by Jack as in stabbed in the back, and Jack's face when talking doesn't look like he was sad. It looks like he was stating a fact of what happened (albeit cryptically but im new at this give me a break).

Now that I think about it there were so many instances that hinted at Jack not being his master!

About the recent chapter though
I think Lacie and Jack spent more time together then it looks like in the chapter.

http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/66/19

In the background it shows (memories?) of what they did. I agree with everyone else that it would be weird if Jack became that obsessed with her in a day, but over a long period over time makes more sense.

oh yes also crack theory time!

did anyone think that Alice Alyss and Lacie could be triplets? sisters at least. they all look alike and have the sameish powers.

And who is this Oswald guy? he has never been mentioned before so I dont think he will be that absolutely important, but this is Pandora Hearts so ..... I'll probably eat my words like next chapter.
Oct 26, 2011 8:48 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah, I definitely agree that Jack spent more than a day with Lacie, but I don't think it could've been more than a week or two. I think Jack spent a lot more time with Alice than he did with Lacie.

And yeah, I do think there's some kind of trinity going on... although I'm not sure if it's between Alice, Lacie, and Celia or between Alice, Alyss, and Lacie. Celia is another anagram name, but we hardly know anything about her while Lacie and the Alices keep getting mentioned over and over. I think she'll become important as this flashback arc progresses.

BreakX said:
I dont think Jack and Gilbert ever had much of a connection/relationship where they were close 100 years ago. Jack pretty much denied any time as his master when Gill asked if he was the master that he served but couldnt protect.
here: http://www.mangareader.net/350-24667-29/pandora-hearts/chapter-38.html
and here: http://www.mangareader.net/350-24667-31/pandora-hearts/chapter-38.html

Well, in the Japanese Jack says "you're wrong"/"it's different," not just "nope." I don't think he was exactly denying being Gil's Master as much as just avoiding that part of the question and shifting the conversation to creative truth-telling about the second part of the question - whether Gil failed to protect him.

I do think that Jack and Gil were pretty close. Jack was the one who saved Vince and Gil from the street, Jack took them both to see Alice, Gil served Jack tea whereas he seems more hesitant with Glen. Any time Vincent thinks about restoring Gil's happy past, he thinks of the three of them together or even just Gil with Jack. Jack also seems really confident that Gil won't be able to hurt him. Jack was sad from slashing Gil, and has shown genuine remorse several times, including immediately afterwards, and it also seemed like Jack tried to change Glen's mind about choosing Gil as his next vessel.
Neiru2013Oct 27, 2011 12:48 AM
Oct 27, 2011 1:54 AM
Aug 2010
Well...first off, I was amazed that Break managed to have Rufus pinned so easily 8D..hell ya, blind Break still got it! :P unless of course, Barma didn't have his heart in the fight after Cheryl an' all...but still, BREAK YOU'RE STILL KICKASS! >=D

*cough* anyhoo! Finally stuff about the tragedy is being revealed! I was quite surprised that Lacie also has red eyes...but then, it seems like she might BE B.Rabbit, as when Oz uses B.rabbits powers his eyes go red...and the shadow behind her when she was in the blood rain was definitely B.Rabbit shaped!
She's a bit of a nutter, isn't she? I thought she would just be this lovely girl that everyone loved...I guess not..ah well, she fits in in this series, and is scarily a cross between Alice and Alyss!

Jun said we've entered the 'flashback arc', so we should get a lot more info in the coming chapters...but...we won't be seeing a lot of the main characters for a while :( .. that makes me sad >.
Oct 29, 2011 5:39 PM

Aug 2011
Seeing as I am still trying to figure out what to make of Jack, I went back and reread some chapters, and I feel like an idiot for never noticing some things. A lot of things. Despite rereading the first five volumes probably upwards of thirty times (did I mention I'm obsessed with this manga?) One thing that I did manage to notice was that Oz, apparently, questioned Jack's words well before all of this...

As for this chapter, well, I'll admit that I rather like Lacie. Although, she never did say why she was wearing that dress. I'm pretty sure that she has a chain (ie, she is not a chain) that is related to B Rabbit, but a part of me thinks that a 'bloodstained black rabbit' may not have always been bloodstained, or some other rabbit changed along the way, or... I don't know. B Rabbit ceased making sense to me since Jack summoned it against Lotti and Alice was elsewhere. Hey, "Flashback arc", I'm rather wary of you, but answering that'd be appreciated. Also, is Lacie a Baskerville? It's obvious she's affiliated with them in some way, but her speech bubbles aren't doubled like regular Baskervilles... I am looking forward to knowing more about Glen, though. Also, the bit with "it was obvious that she did not belong to this dimension" makes wonder a bit if it has anything to do with the angel mentioned in St. Belligeron's legend - but I'll try to connect anything to that until/if it get satisfied, so maybe there isn't any connection.
RaemyaOct 29, 2011 6:09 PM
Oct 29, 2011 9:41 PM

Dec 2009
Raemya said:
Although, she never did say why she was wearing that dress.

I've thought that was implicit when she mentioned she had ran away from home. There was probably warm so she wouldn't need to wear any other type of clothes.
Oct 30, 2011 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
I feel completely the same way, Raemya. There is SO MUCH I never thought about, when it could've clued me in. I probably wouldn't had known about those clues even now if I hadn't stumbled across the forums...

Raemya said:
Lacie a Baskerville? It's obvious she's affiliated with them in some way, but her speech bubbles aren't doubled like regular Baskervilles...

I noted this, too. I would like to point out that Leo doesn't have double lines when he is being Leo, but does when he is Glen, as shown here.
Does this mean that some can turn their Baskerville qualities off and on?

I forgot about St. Belligeron's legend. I remember thinking when I read it that it might relate to Jack someday. Jun-sensei is not one to add odd details. While the connection is possible, I always took it to be a more metaphorical meaning, like something that happened to them 100 years ago was best sold through this myth.

Liinah said:
Raemya said:
Although, she never did say why she was wearing that dress.

I've thought that was implicit when she mentioned she had ran away from home. There was probably warm so she wouldn't need to wear any other type of clothes.

While that is an explanation, I feel that we shouldn't assume anything when it relates to the manga.
ToshiMonsterOct 30, 2011 5:55 PM
Oct 30, 2011 8:03 PM
Sep 2011
Wow, Lacie's a bit crazy isn't she?
But she looks so cute ! ; x;

I hope we find out who Oswald is ~
( Been lurking for a while now .. )
Nov 5, 2011 11:32 PM

Apr 2011
Oh. Pandora Hearts is making me confused again. I don't know where the truth is but I believe that Lacie = Alice (or Alice is Lacie's reincarnation or something). First of all, they look alike(only Lacie is yandere but Alice is tsundere. Plus some differences in their exterior). Then, Oz and Jack have relationships with these girls. Also, "Lacie" is an anagram to "Alice". Alice was murdered during The Tragedy of Sablier and Lacie was sacrificed to the Abyss...eh...I wonder, how much time has passed from Lacie's death to Alice's appearance. Or Jack met Alice when Lacie had been still alive?
Ahh, my mind become twisted once more.
Anyway, great chapter as usual.
Nov 6, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Wait, so he didn't sell himself ...RIGHT?
Nov 7, 2011 3:31 PM
Sep 2011
MiYeon said:
Wait, so he didn't sell himself ...RIGHT?

No he did. c:
Sep 5, 2016 1:59 AM

Sep 2014
Lacie so sweet and adorable just like Alice <3 and a lil' crazy like Alyss :D Being their mother seems like a real possibilty.
So Lacie was Jack's only reason to live and he probably did all he could just to find her again, something must've gone wrong though for him to change...

I guess there's no real evil, just people making poor decisions..or maybe the real evil is still hidden somewhere.
nerfxSep 5, 2016 1:38 PM
Sep 6, 2016 9:32 AM
Oct 2013
nerfx said:
Lacie so sweet and adorable just like Alice <3 and a lil' crazy like Alyss :D Being their mother seems like a real possibilty.
So Lacie was Jack's only reason to live and he probably did all he could just to find her again, something must've gone wrong though for him to change...

I guess there's no real evil, just people making poor decisions..or maybe the real evil is still hidden somewhere.

as someone who already finished this manga. I always come back to this forum read someone reaction XD. I also like Lacie and Jack!! My OTP !!. I can say both are my favorite of the series
Dec 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2016
Damn, Jack is twisted as fuck
So he is the one who's obsessed with Alice/Lacie, not Glen

Now, something must've happened to him while he was with the Vessalius family so he went crazy
Dec 25, 2017 9:42 AM

Mar 2015
I still can't believe it... I can't believe that Jack has been at fault all along!

May 1, 2023 8:37 PM
Sep 2019
Bruh. So it's Alice's/Lacie's fault that Jack became an asshole. 
To think that all of this tragedy crap started because Jack was horny... wow, why am I not surprised. Hetero stories really can never be healthy, can they.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.