Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 16, 2011 4:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
hmm, isn't the AGE system a bit too technologically advanced? It's so outlandish it's bordering on fantasy. I mean, where did the laser power source come from? Spinning beam? This is not something you can do by simply molding metal lol.

Then again, telepathy and GN-particle fiasco from previous franchise titles are not necessarily more believable....

What is this? Black technology from the Whispered? Isn't Flit a bit TOO smart for his age?

So we can assume this is a type of series where adults are useless....

Have to watch more to determine.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 16, 2011 6:55 PM

Jul 2007
Enjoyable, but the AGE system just seems a tad ridiculous (Yes i realize its all pretty far out there).
Oct 16, 2011 7:05 PM

Jan 2010
These UE better be piloted by people otherwise this will be the worst shit Gundam has ever been put through. How can you have a decent mecha show without the main character getting PTSD from realizing he's blowing up other people when he gets into his fancy suit? If they eliminate that, they eliminate the reason for Bright slaps and basically the entire ideal of Gundam that humans are selfish creatures who create war.

If they want to do aliens they should take the Macross approach. Make them different but the same. Hearing a variation of YAK DECULTUREEEEE in Gundam from their wacky aliens would be great. Too bad we get some enemy that's even less personified than the Vajra in Macross Frontier.
Ok™
Oct 16, 2011 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I also have to said that Yurin is cute, but there is indeed something special about her.
She can predict a bit in the future.
That's new type of girl don't show up in OP & ED thought, so that's kind of surprised.
Well I won't be surprised that she is one of the enemy thought, but still have seen that plots somewhere else if it's that way.
She is actually looks like a nice female character.

Emily huh?
They show her in OP & ED so she probably will be a lot in the anime.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 16, 2011 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
I would say "DAMN FLIT YOU BASTARD" for have that girl like that with him.
But what I can say is that this mecha is incredible, also, what the hell happened with the old man? (commander).
Yurin seems a nice girl, her ability also is something good for the future plot, let's just hope she isn't the enemy, like Blackbird said.
Oct 16, 2011 8:56 PM

Sep 2010
daniellkun said:
I would say "DAMN FLIT YOU BASTARD" for have that girl like that with him.
But what I can say is that this mecha is incredible, also, what the hell happened with the old man? (commander).
Yurin seems a nice girl, her ability also is something good for the future plot, let's just hope she isn't the enemy, like Blackbird said.

He said he would stay behind so basically he will most likely die since that whole "escape route made especially for commanders" was a lie.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 16, 2011 8:58 PM

Apr 2009
Blackbird said:
Well, I also have to said that Yurin is cute, but there is indeed something special about her.
She can predict a bit in the future.
That's new type of girl don't show up in OP & ED thought, so that's kind of surprised.
Well I won't be surprised that she is one of the enemy thought, but still have seen that plots somewhere else if it's that way.
She is actually looks like a nice female character.
she's in the OP.. at about 2:56 in this episode.. and to us, she's more of a Newtype equivalent (no pun intended)..

as of now, i'm only interested at the true motives of Grodek.. is he a good guy for saving the citizens of Nora (btw, this is another Gundam cliche of "Use main battleship to help evacuate citizens from colony") or does he have other motives for trying to get the ship and the position as Captain for himself? also, AGE system seems a bit too hax.. but we'll keep seeing the Gundam change a bit every time..
Oct 17, 2011 1:49 AM

Feb 2009
So Flit built the Gundam and the AGE system?
Smart kid. Too smart though that he kind of makes the adults dumb.
Animation is cool though.
And I missed the sound effects like the footsteps and the warning beeps.
Looking at the OP, I'm looking forward to the weapons the AGE system will throw out as long as it's not too hax.
Oct 17, 2011 3:50 AM

Jul 2010
AGE system is just plain silly, reminds me a lot of SD Gundam Force

also that DOTS Rifle is like Beam Magnum with less-sexy-firing-sound
Oct 17, 2011 4:00 AM

Jul 2011
Why does Flit always sounds so clueless? He built the gundam yet he doesn't seem to know much about it. The Gundam X resemblance is kinda creepy. At the moment it's like Gundam X set in space.
I was sooooo waiting for a cool rifle to come, and it did!!
I agree that the names sound weird...well that's what makes the shown slightly enjoyable to watch.
Oct 17, 2011 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
This Gundam AGE could be so bad that it turns out to be enjoyable. :)
Oct 17, 2011 6:50 AM

Nov 2010
not gonna lie im loving this so far. only thing i dont like is the enemy mecha designs.
Oct 17, 2011 7:24 AM

Jul 2010
belatkuro said:
So Flit built the Gundam and the AGE system?
Smart kid. Too smart though that he kind of makes the adults dumb.

wakka9ca said:

What is this? Black technology from the Whispered? Isn't Flit a bit TOO smart for his age?

sorry to disappoint. he is a wiz kid, but he ain't that uber smart like what you are referring to, he didn't built all from scratch, don't you remember the memory unit her mother gave him, that contain the blueprints for a mobile suit, and if the Gundam is not complete w/o the age builder, that means that what is inside that memory unit is the whole plan for the Age System w/c includes our Gundam & the Age Builder.
The question is, where did his mother got that memory unit? ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 17, 2011 9:30 AM
Jan 2011
well Flit isnt needed as a pilot anymore, they can just use the Age system to mass produce better and better gundams for their expireinced soldier. plus it makes flits gundam obsolete. two episodes and the gundam is obsolete that has got to be a record
Oct 17, 2011 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
oh yeah i forgot, Flit's family, Asuno family are creators of mobile suits for generations, its in his blood so he's bound to create something like Gundam afterall, and that also answers the question i incited above as to where his mother got the memory unit, its their family's afterall

LZPanzer said:
well Flit isnt needed as a pilot anymore, they can just use the Age system to mass produce better and better gundams for their expireinced soldier. plus it makes flits gundam obsolete. two episodes and the gundam is obsolete that has got to be a record

oh, i may have been not watching but did they state they can create mobile suits using the AGE builder?, aren't it just produce weapons?
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 17, 2011 9:42 AM
Jan 2011
it might not be able to create a mobile suit in one go but if it can create a rifle that fast im sure it could build a leg or arm assembly just as fast Leather interior would come as extra though
Oct 17, 2011 10:07 AM

Feb 2009
I think they mentioned that the AGE builder builds better weapons as the Gundam gains experience. So I think the only one that can use the weapons is the Gundam.
Oct 17, 2011 11:46 AM

May 2008
Ugh I just...why am I watching this..I cannot watch a Gundam series where the main characters are children..x__x This is just...asdfghjkl;...*cries*

Oct 17, 2011 5:03 PM

Sep 2007
I haven't seen much of the Gundam series, so I don't really have much to compare to, though I can agree that the mobile suit designs aren't as becoming as past series. I liked this episode, though Emily is starting to get a tad bit annoying. Just a little. And is that Yurin girl some sort of psychic or what? (To be honest I'm already starting to ship Flit/Yurin. I'm such a shipper. u_u;;)

Hopefully the anime starts going more into the grim and the dark!...Though seeing the target audience, it's probably impossible, huh. xD
Oct 18, 2011 4:33 AM

Aug 2011
I liked the episode, definitely better than the first. I really like the idea of the AGE system adapting weapons to better fight the enemy, will be interesting to see how it plays out when the inevitable Char clone shows up in his own big bad Mobile Suit.

Oh, and I really like Yurin, seems like she could be very interesting.

Roloko said:

He said he would stay behind so basically he will most likely die since that whole "escape route made especially for commanders" was a lie.

I interpreted the whole "escape route especially for commanders" simply as a spin on the whole "captain goes down with the ship" deal.
Oct 18, 2011 4:19 PM

Oct 2011
Yurin? Damn, that's one hell of an unfortunate name.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Oct 18, 2011 5:30 PM

Mar 2010
KayChan4U said:
Ugh I just...why am I watching this..I cannot watch a Gundam series where the main characters are children..x__x This is just...asdfghjkl;...*cries*

Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Zeta, Gundam Double Zeta... They all have children as the main characters. This trend is definitely not new, though these past shows were aimed for older group of audience due to violence, politics, romance, etc. :P

Oct 18, 2011 5:41 PM
Nov 2009
Well, EVERY Gundam protagonist in a TV series is a teenager, except Domon and Setsuna in 00 S2. I think this person just thinks Flit is younger than he actually is, even though he's 14 which is the same age as Judau and older than Uso.
Oct 18, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2011
Age means nothing in the world(s) of Gundam, the only thing that matters is whether or not you're a Newtype.
Oct 19, 2011 12:29 AM

Sep 2010
mitch3315 said:
Age means nothing in the world(s) of Gundam, the only thing that matters is whether or not you're a Newtype.

Pretty much this you could even have a 5 year old piloting a Gundam.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 19, 2011 9:52 AM
Jul 2009
IT was so boring...a bit of action, ton of talks...gundam gundam it's like 1 of 10 words spoken per minute...
xxx
Oct 19, 2011 5:36 PM

Jun 2008
Hooray for Deus Ex Machina builder...

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 20, 2011 12:34 PM

May 2010
Wasabi said:
Ugh Emily is god damn annoying. Who the fuck does she think she is? "BAWWW MY LITTLE BOYFRIEND IS IN DANGER SO I WILL GO BOARD THE CLASSIFIED MILITARY VESSEL I HAVE ZERO ACCESS TOO SO I CAN GIVE HIM MORAL SUPPORT LOLOLOLOL." Typical female character who thinks her beloved male lead can't handle shit himself. Female characters like that should just stay in the kitchen.

1+
anyway I will continue watch it. Its actually not too bad.
Oct 20, 2011 1:27 PM

Jul 2009
With his 'first gear', both sides just blasted at eachother and caused no damage. Then, it's revealed he developed mecha 'evolution'... I guess it's gonna make the fights shorter, but instead consist of him having trouble with something the first time, but whenever after that, have the 'perfect weapon' against it, therefore making it easy.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 20, 2011 3:11 PM

Apr 2008
So, AGE System = Tokusatsu show-like? It's going to create stuff to adapt to battle?

Would that also include the armor (AGE 2 and 3)?

All that ability in a capsule!

The word "Dots" is strange though.
Oct 22, 2011 5:45 AM

Jun 2010
Shota gundam. lol
That grandpa looks like megaman professor. lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
Flit Better bang one of the two girls. If Kira Yamato did it, why cant Flit???

Not bad episode, its slowly growing on me. The new captain guy seems cool. Still though, i'd prefer a busty captain like Sumeragi or Murrue. Then again Bright was a badass captain.

I hope to see the same level of drama like the early gundam's. Fat kid better suffer a fate like Hayato :)
Oct 23, 2011 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
I like this series now. It reminds me of Gundam X. It's rebooting the sort of concept of a normal human pilot with a Newtype girl to coordinate things.

I hope the MAL ratings rise up a bit than some stupid 6.7 since this series definitely has some promising outcomes for the latest Gundam series of this year.
Oct 23, 2011 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
wakka9ca said:
hmm, isn't the AGE system a bit too technologically advanced? It's so outlandish it's bordering on fantasy. I mean, where did the laser power source come from? Spinning beam? This is not something you can do by simply molding metal lol.
Then again, telepathy and GN-particle fiasco from previous franchise titles are not necessarily more believable....

Frenz said:
Enjoyable, but the AGE system just seems a tad ridiculous (Yes i realize its all pretty far out there).

Ironic posts are ironic! LOL @ people who watch anime and complain about the believability!

Still consistently good, I can see turning out to be a great Gundam.

The AGE system is pretty badass imo, something "new" in the Gundam franchise...

I agree Emily is a little annoying, but I think she'll play a pretty significant part.
If not just being the Tsun part of Flit's two girl mini harem :P

Loving the conflict between the adults as well.
But, I don't think Grodek is a bad guy. I just think he knew the only way to save the people is to commandeer the ship. He's just trying to carry out his commander's orders.

Still can't get over Dique's character design, he is so out of place in this show. He looks like some bad character from an American Saturday morning cartoon.
But, the rest are already starting to grow on me, definitely not Gundam-esque, but I'm starting to like them more.

And, the animation is still superb. I hope they keep it up.

+1 for the Exia pose with the DOTS rifle!

Urahara Out!!
Oct 30, 2011 10:17 PM

Mar 2010
Well, I still have yet to grasp what's really going on in the series. I still don't really know who the enemy is. And I'm still really uncomfortable with the whole new concept of little teeny boppers running around in war-times. It's a new age I guess. (insert bad pun). Anyway, not bad. Looking forward to the next!
Nov 22, 2011 12:55 AM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:

Well his a genius but he supposedly had plans for this systems in that little thing his mother gave him so i guess that could make it a little more believable.

The technology itself of that AGE system though isn't as crazy as we may think if we consider how far in the future this takes place. Just read a little 3D printers and staff and you will get it. The field of a system that creates whatever we need from data isn't a complete craziness it's something we already have half-achieved and making research on.

belatkuro said:
I think they mentioned that the AGE builder builds better weapons as the Gundam gains experience. So I think the only one that can use the weapons is the Gundam.

Not exactly. It just needed the parameters on the power level of the gun needed to defeat the enemy and the power level the mobile suit the gun is intended for can use. So maybe that specific rifle has too strong of a kickback for some of those small suits we saw at the first episode but the system can still make a gun for them too but adjusted to what they can handle.
MonadNov 22, 2011 1:00 AM
Dec 28, 2011 9:24 AM

Oct 2009
AGE system is stupid imo...
So Yurin = Newtype?
Feb 26, 2012 8:53 PM

Sep 2009
That was cool.
I don't care.

Maybe it's the fact I have actually watched the original Gundam recently.
But it's the same kind of things. Children. Troll logic. Mystery.

The only crazy new thing that's not really been done before, thus far, is that kickass "Bob the Builder" system.
May 21, 2012 6:36 PM

Sep 2008
Crud, I missed the password; what was it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2012 12:57 PM

Jan 2012
well paced and done episode... nothing to complain except for how colorful this show is, though it's still bearable.
Jul 23, 2013 5:00 PM

Nov 2011
Flit definitely has a thing for that new girl. Battles scenes were epic though~
Mar 2, 2014 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
this was so cool ! the AGE weapon owned that mobile suit . *__*

5/5 . it looks like the commander has other plans ...
Mar 26, 2016 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
So Grodek is a bad guy? And the feds are too?

I officially hate Emily, why must all kids be so stupid and ignorant in anime?
Jan 16, 2:44 AM

Jul 2017
For me the Age system is cool, not everything has to be serious.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Asuno - Sep 23, 2012

90 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 48 Discussion

deg - Sep 16, 2012

49 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Sep 9, 2012

50 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 46 Discussion

Alreuth - Sep 2, 2012

24 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 27, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 45 Discussion

deg - Aug 26, 2012

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 27, 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.