Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2011 2:53 PM

Feb 2010
FABULOUS MA--

tumblr_lq58v814D41qjxxswo1_500-1.gif

As always, so intense! Love love love this series.
Oct 14, 2011 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
Omgwtfbbq <- My reaction. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Oct 14, 2011 3:29 PM

Aug 2007
I would upvote this anime but it's already on 9/10...
Let's see how it will reveal the real plot. Can't wait anymore for episode 15.
Oct 14, 2011 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
The "diary" seems suspicious. First Ringo and Natsume, now Yuri. Why does it seem to make it's owner so sexually aggressive?
Oct 14, 2011 3:51 PM

Jul 2011
Wow Mawaru Penguindrum just gets better and better regardless of Yuri being obsessed with Momoka and then channeling her desires onto Momoka. Yay I predicted right that Yuri had the other half of the diary but I didn't expect her to be the person who was on the motorcycle instead of the woman who picked up the other half at the hospital because I just assumed that Masako would be the person on the motorcycle because I didn't think she could be at two places at once at the hospital.

I'm really curious about what is special about Yuri's body. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to, as the previous commentators have suggested, make her a hermaphrodite. This anime is so trippy which is exactly why I love it so much :].

Can't wait to see how the plot turns out.
Oct 14, 2011 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
WOW. Wow. wow.

what an episode. this show gets more and more fabulous max!

Yuri is something else. I had no idea she would be a lesbian, but I def called it that she was on the motorcycle & she had the other 1/2 of the book.

Tbh, a lot of this makes sense and I cannot wait to put more puzzle pieces into this insane picture. What a show.

Poor Ringo..... :X
Oct 14, 2011 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
now i'm pretty much convinced momoka plays the role of the goddess in this. i initially thought it was sanetoshi, but all these descriptions about her being so ~perfect~ pretty much seals the deal.

but jfc why is this show so amazing, i never thought yuri would be lesbian either sdjsflasg UGH PENGUINDRUM YOU STIMULATE ME in more ways than one ;))

lol waiting for the utena peeps to go all "we saw this coming before the show even started!!"
Oct 14, 2011 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
This episode is bizarre to the max!

Shou treatment of Ringo this episode was irrational, he cannot let go of the past and he blame himself for her lost, but at the same time, he was able to it sound like she was at fault too.

Himari is alive again, maybe she didn't realize she been dead a few times... there's still a mystery surrounding her friends, is she jealous of them or did some sort of situation happened, before Himari left school?

Kanba deluding himself, thinking what he is involve with is right and using his family as justification to do so. Still personally don't like this guy.

Natsume, you're a crazy stalker, who's also trying to save her little brother, but I don't care much for you, as a character. Move on already, we already have Ringo calling debs on this area.

Now, finally to Yuri, I believe she was regarding her sexuality as being dirty and not excepted
- so she does not have a penis (hopefully not)
- she was in love with Momoka (mentally not stable, at a young age and still 16 yrs later)

Shou fell down a few pegs in this episode for me, now, I am rooting for Yuri x Ringo xD jk jk
Oct 14, 2011 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
Well guess we know why she's named Yuri. I have to say Ringo is a much better character now that she's stopped her stalking.
Oct 14, 2011 6:03 PM

Feb 2010
Shoma acted like a dumbass in this episode.
And wow, yuri rape detected? Damn, the things went all spiced up now.
Oct 14, 2011 6:09 PM
Jun 2009
I feel sry for tabuki he married a futanari and does not even know it
Oct 14, 2011 6:14 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, Yuri might actually have a dick.

I feel bad for Ringo and I wish Shoma wouldn't have acted that way.
Oct 14, 2011 6:20 PM

Sep 2007
Shouma was quite the dumbass this ep, huh. He's too deep in his own angst to see that Ringo's blatantly crushing on him!

I started suspecting some funny business when Yuri invited Ringo on that "fabulous max girl's night out", since we all now what 'fabulous max' essentially means...Though I'm definitely dreading what's gonna happen next to poor Ringo, with that rope and the whole "I'll give you a body that can't live without me" business.
Oct 14, 2011 6:22 PM

Mar 2009
Date Rape?! In my Penguindrum?!

This show is all over the place. O_O!
Oct 14, 2011 6:32 PM

May 2010
Now I see why Yuri was non-plussed seeing Ringo at her place...it's not like she was jealous of Tabuki anyway.
Oct 14, 2011 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was FABULOUS MAX!!
Oct 14, 2011 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
This show has such an abundance of date rape in it. tsk tsk.
Oct 14, 2011 6:48 PM
May 2011
Jaa! Shiny forehead lol
gg_Mawaru_Penguindrum_-_14_CE846E4Bmkv_s
Oct 14, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
WOW!!! AWESOME EPISODE!!!O_______O

I like it when Himari has a attitude *P*

I want more Himari x Kanba!
Oct 14, 2011 7:18 PM
Apr 2011
WHAT THE FUCK
Oct 14, 2011 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
Whoa, well there goes my Yuri = Momoka theory. And yeah, I assumed that Yuri was either transexual or a hermaphrodite too, but you really never know with this show.
Started suspecting something when Ringo asked Yuri about Momoka, and my fears were proven true D: I can't really think of anyone who could save Ringo right now...

I'm kinda mad at Shouma for being such a jerk to Ringo, but it really isn't his fault. He's going through a lot of stuff right now and hopefully he'll apologise at soon as possible.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 14, 2011 7:33 PM

Oct 2009
This anime is...

FABULOUS MAX!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2011 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
What... What just happened?

Yuri rape? LOL?

I'm loving this show.
Oct 14, 2011 8:19 PM
Jul 2011
Now I'm scared of watching the next episode, seeing as how penguindrum just keeps screwing with everyone's minds. Kudos to you, Ikuhara.
Himari's got a dark side :)
Kanba's still the boss dude.
Shouma's gone angsty. (He's reading up on how to be a bishie?) I hope he and Ringo sort out their problems XD
Yuri likes... yuri... Or maybe, she's a dude!!! (HAHA) Does Tabuki know? Maybe they haven't reached that stage yet.
Penguin lady made of penguins didn't appear. (No Survival Strategy anymore?)
Ringo... Now she knows how it feels to be drugged and raped... But... With a possible hemaphrodite/transvestite/drag queen? Poor Ringo.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/210/a/6/by_the_rules_of_anime_by_evergirl21-d423lio.jpg
fafsdfsdafsagOct 14, 2011 8:24 PM
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Oct 14, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2008
My mind
is full of fuck

That was probably the weirdest episode of anything I've ever seen

Seriously

What just happened.
Oct 14, 2011 8:45 PM

Apr 2011
What the hell just happen? damn weird episode xD
Oct 14, 2011 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
....so THAT'S why her name is Yuri.

I feel really bad for Ringo.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 14, 2011 9:38 PM

Jun 2010
O_O......I'm dumbfounded......I honestly have nothing to say other than...........THAT EPISODE WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!

Dreadnaught_500Oct 14, 2011 9:42 PM
Oct 14, 2011 10:09 PM

Feb 2009
Oh good god I just realized the beautiful irony in Yuri's name. I don't know what the hell I just watched but I know I loved it and am pissed that they cut the episode off where they did.

This series is incredible. Something about this episode made me appreciate this series even more.
The strange, yet engaging and incredibly well thought out plot, all of the amazing characters (I'm loving the pink haired dude -- talk about FABULOUS)... I'm really getting into it even more now.
Oct 14, 2011 10:14 PM

Jun 2009
OMG!
Oct 14, 2011 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
whoa didn't see that coming coming till the last bit,i really hope ringo awakens to whatever powers she might have (fire~)!since i'm starting to like her after shes moved on from crazy stalker mode.

Dem pictures..Lol.
Oct 14, 2011 10:40 PM

Oct 2010
Actually they really did make Yuri hot as follows,
3ec8b2f0.jpg
but I was more surprised by how refined Natsume was.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 14, 2011 10:53 PM

Aug 2009
The problem I have with this anime is that there is too many things going on. Like for example you have Himari/Sanetoshi, Kanba/Natsume, Shouma/Ringo, and Ringo/Yuri in this episode.
Oct 14, 2011 11:09 PM

Sep 2010
Aww poor Ringo she got yelled at then got raped by Yuri.

I wonder by what she meant by her body does Yuri have both a dick and boobs. Hermaphrodite? O_o

I hope Shouma apologizes soon, but he is still my favorite character in the show. He just yelled at her cause he is going through a tough time, but he wasn't really paying attention to what Ringo was saying. T_T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 15, 2011 12:22 AM

May 2009
Yuri actually is Yuri. I am okay with this.
Oct 15, 2011 12:23 AM

Sep 2008
What the hell just happened? O_o
entauri.deviantart.com

Oct 15, 2011 12:40 AM

Nov 2007
wait.... what the fuck did I just watch? what the hell just happened to my Penguindrum?

-Yuri is a ... lesbian. She's cheating on Tabuki with chicks.
-Shouma is guilt tripping and dumped stalker girl.
-Where the fuck is Kanba getting this money? what are those "pictures"?
-Is Masako a ninja or something? what is that a slingshot or something?
-Kanba wants no part of her he wants .... wincest.
-Wait wtf? I could kidna tell Yuri had the other half of the diary from the beginning of the ep but wtf?
-okay so Ringo spent the whole first half trying to come up with ways to stalk/seduce/rape Tabuki and now ..... she gets raped by Tabuki's wife?

really? really? REALLY?

I highly doubt Shouma is going to save up, but if anyone is going to "save" Ringo I guess it would be Tabuki since he was missing the whole ep.

seriously this show has creeped me out on new levels....
Oct 15, 2011 1:41 AM

Aug 2011
The only person that I can see that'll interrupt Yuri's plans is Masako because she knows Yuri has the other 1/2 of the book and is planning to go after it.
I really hope we get an episode mainly focusing on Masako + Mario they're the only characters that we haven't really gotten even a minor backstory on.

Also there are so many things going on but I really can't wait till they reveal ~
1 - what Yuri's secret is, but I'm guessing hermaphrodite / transsexual at the least, I mean this show has so many twists.
2 - The guy who Masako takes orders / gets her information from. Just a thought but maybe it's Tabuki; the OP makes him look the most mysterious out of all.
3 - the goddess. I personally believe she's Sanestoshi's ex-lover because they were always opposite and he went against her killing off Himari. + why did they show Momoka in that episode? mmm, like someone else mentioned she might be the goddess.
4 - What Kanba does for money.
5 - What else happened between Himari + Double H. + Himari's issue.
6 - in episode 12, the Takakura family was expecting just ONE child, a boy. So now I'm wondering what happened there and how fate intervened in that one.

+ side note but I hope that Shouma will have more to his character. Yes he's all angsty and feels at fault but I really hope that he has a darker side to him or something.
Oct 15, 2011 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was unexpected....

I'm hoping that Ringo gets saved at the last minute, but I have absolutely no confidence that will happen. This show is totally unpredictable. Can I give it an 11 just this once?...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 15, 2011 2:32 AM

Oct 2009
.....Why Shouma why? She has changed now. So why? My poor baby Ringo needs hugs ;A;

My face when Yuri drugged Ringo and going to rape her.

tumblr_lkbifyRGNq1qdo7yb.png
No joke this was my real face during that scene.

Oh god someone please save that poor girl, She does not deserve this shit. ;__; If she get raped, I would kill my self. ha- I sure someone or something going to stopped Yuri, right?
I have poorly English grammar, so for give me. I still learning.
-....Loading.....
Oct 15, 2011 3:16 AM

Dec 2009
finyte said:

2 - The guy who Masako takes orders / gets her information from. Just a thought but maybe it's Tabuki; the OP makes him look the most mysterious out of all.

I believe it is Sanetoshi, the guy on the phone did say something along the lines of: It was electrifying.

Wow this episode was such a tease, it continued to set up as if Yuri and Ringo were sisters but then it just all got out of hand, and now there's lesbian rape and now I'm just like wtf but at the same mesmerized.

And what did the actor threaten Yuri with? A secret about her body? So, definitely pointing towards tranny or hermaphrodite.

Damn, this anime takes all the conventions and cliches about anime and just turns it upside down and shoves it in your face.

I like it.
Oct 15, 2011 3:46 AM

Sep 2009
invazn said:
Damn, this anime takes all the conventions and cliches about anime and just turns it upside down and shoves it in your face.

No it doesn't.

What's with all the rape all up in here.
And bleh new ED.
Oct 15, 2011 4:07 AM

Feb 2010
I hate when people thinks that they have fault for something theirs fathers do , stupid shouma.

also wtf.
Oct 15, 2011 4:24 AM

Jun 2008
So now everyone is blaming Shouma just because he had an emo moment? give me a break people. He only wanted to get away from her because he dont want Ringo to suffer. ofc, he doesnt know that she is in love with him, otherwise he wouldnt walk away.
After all the shit Ringo did to him during almost half of the entire anime and he:
- Saved her life [because he likes her, but didnt realized yet]
- and changed her crazy way of living obsessed by Tabuki and Momoka[so Ringo could live being herself].

The guy is on the verge of a mental breakdown. His sister is always dying. He´s brother is in illegal dark stuff and rarely is near to him. His parents were murderers (and all their other family ran away from them because of that).
Shouma makes Ringo cry once and now everyone hates him and calls him stupid and bastard.
oh men, what a world.

And Yuri must be an hermaphrodite. After all, her "friend" told her that "are you not afraid of breaking out with me? only i know the secret of your body".

So probably she has boobs and a dick.

Lets hope im wrong, because she has Momoka´s diary, which contains project Maternity. That means she can definitely make Ringo pregnant.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 15, 2011 5:22 AM

Dec 2010
No wonder her name is Yuri. >.>
Oct 15, 2011 5:25 AM

May 2010
Yuri seems more like a hermaphrodite than transexual to me...

The only that was missing in this series was yuri & that is filled in this episode..GOD
Oct 15, 2011 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
getting yelled at/rejected by the person you love, then being raped by your late sister's lover and your ex-lovers wife, all in the same day !! I'm really feeling sorry for ringo for the first time.

now I'm starting to think that Tabuki and Yuri's relationship is really just a show !
Oct 15, 2011 6:35 AM

Aug 2010
Ehi! No one is talking about last Kamba's GAR action!
Oct 15, 2011 6:52 AM

Oct 2010
Shouma was such a jerk to Ringo in this episode, but you can't blame him. Past mistakes will go down through generations .__. But, asdfghjkl Ringo ;A; You've changed dramatically, and this is what you get? ;~;

I'm still wondering what made Himari stop going to school. I mean, I don't think it was her sickness. Since when she left the school in a past episode, Hikari and Hibari were among a large group of people looking down at her. So the reason should revolve around that, I think?

And Yuri omg. I still think you're Momoka, but-- Poor Ringo. ;__;
lanachanOct 15, 2011 6:55 AM
[insert awesome signature here]
Oct 15, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
Nobody's talking about the gorgeous Jaguar XKR that Yuri was driving! xD

It's likely that Ringo's going to be saved by someone, either Tabuki or, more likely, Natsume (who could barge in to get the second half of the diary)

Qashqai said:
I wonder why did Himari suddenly go "they surely won't like it" from "yay I'm done, I wonder if they'll like it

Hmm, I think that's another thing that goes to prove there's a darker side to Himari's personality. It could be a sign of bipolar disorder, or DID or God-knows-what-this-anime-is-going-to-pull.
metamorphiusOct 15, 2011 7:06 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.