Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 18, 2018 8:44 PM

Mar 2016
This got good. I am really liking the pink haired guy.

I feel bad for Yuri. I hope she doesn't become a rapist. (But, I still hate Ringo! May all the bad things in this anime happen to her.)

I kind of find Kanba's way of talking annoying. It sounds like he's rehearsing for a stage play. He really gets rid of my suspension of disbelief every time he delivers his "emotional" lines.
Feb 23, 2019 11:32 PM

Dec 2015
Basically a piece of shit that i wasted my night on i was fooled by the second episode and wished for a meaningful dark relationship drama about family despite the fantasy setting i was wrong i wish i didn't put my hand on this...
May 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
Holy shit, did not expect that. This show gets crazier and crazier
Jul 6, 2019 6:54 PM

May 2016
Well that took a dark and unexpected turn. I'm trying not to hate Shoma since after all he's just a kid in a really fucked up situation.
Aug 8, 2019 11:11 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was just incredible. I did not expect that Yuri's name would be used in its direct meaning, it just took me off guard. Ringo presumably got tied up (Yuri is into shibari) and fabulous max'ed. God, every character in this show is so broken. Masako thinks that Kamba has some incestous feelings towards Himari and wants him to redirect his love to her. Kamba is doing some shady stuff to get money from the people with black and white penguin symbols. Shouma friendzones Ringo because he's weighted down by his guilt. Himari can't reconnect with her childhood friend. Sanetoshi is amazing again, I can listen to his voice forever. Everyone except Masako is obsessed with Momoka.Yuri is just... *sigh*

The ride she gave Ringo on her red car into the dusk really, really reminded me of a certain scene from Utena. Not only visually, but thematically too.

It's also interesting how the penguins in the final scene of ep. 13 showed N. 3, N.1 and Esmeralda in the onsen, although the ones to be there were Yuri and Ringo. I wonder what that might mean.

I especially liked the scene with Masako attacking Kamba. To be precise, the shot when she steps onto the seat near his crotch, it just screams control and sexuality at the same time.

Masako also has a persistent visual symbol connected to her and the mansion she inhabits - a sprout or something like that. I'm very interesting in her backstory. Why is she living in such a huge house, seemingly alone (except for Mario)? WHy does Kamba hate the Natsume family? Were they some policemen who accused his parents of terrorism or something?
St0rmbladeAug 8, 2019 11:52 AM
Sep 19, 2020 2:50 AM
Oct 2014
The strings of fate that form this story slowly come together and merge to form the rope I use to hang myself, feelsokayman
This is an official MAL signature. Monogatari is the best anime. Thank you for your time.
Oct 14, 2020 6:30 AM

Feb 2011
Ok now that's actually kind of contrived. The revelations in this episode came out of nowhere.
Jan 15, 2021 8:16 PM
May 1, 2021 12:29 PM

Nov 2018
She isn't named Yuri for nothing hehe (sorry)
I hate everyone equally
May 1, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2018
Great production and very good storyline , but cast is a bit off.
I hate everyone equally
May 14, 2022 1:16 AM

Feb 2021
Bruh how did I not realize her name until reading these comments should've been obvious. Shocked by how the tables have turned
Jul 21, 2022 11:44 PM

Sep 2018
Same old Ikuhara tricks, bit of a one trick pony tbh, sexual assault, incest undertones, etc
Nov 13, 2022 6:34 PM

Sep 2014
Yuri, no!
YURI YES!
Colour me surprised, I did not see that coming. What a love triangle.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 17, 2022 12:10 AM

Sep 2017
God everyone's messed up.

only shouko and tabuki are innocent in all this.

But it felt like justice when Ringo got project M'd by Yuri. How do u like them apples now! Atleast now you will know what it is like to drug someone and rape them. Have a taste of your own medicine!!

her getting rejected by shouma is the best thing that has happened in this series all day.

Since it is fate, and she likes fate, she should submit to it.

Considering she almost destroyed Tabuki and Yuki's marriage by making Tabuki fake confess that he likes ringo while under influence of drugs, it is only fair that she gets her just desserts.

Just a little skinship going according to fate. Have fun Ringo!!

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 19, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2019
hell yeah the rapist stalker finally gets put in her place, she indeed only thought about herself and what was beneficial. 
Also that XKR in the beginning was gorgeous, if only the Initial D's remake looked this good 
Mar 24, 2023 7:23 PM
Sep 2020
El inicio del episodio: Guatfac Yoni la gente esta muy emo.

El final: Olor a secso, debo admitirlos
May 16, 2023 5:22 PM

Apr 2022
wtf yuri is so fabulous max
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Mar 19, 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
Don't know how I feel about having laid my eyes on fanservice pics of a penguin

So back when Yuri didn't seem that bothered about Tabuki being a horndog for Ringo thanks to that potion, I just thought she was being mature about it. Finding out about her true colors was pretty yikesy to say the least.
Apr 13, 6:01 PM
Feb 2015
I know it her name is big flag, knowing that Utena is inspiration of it. This turn rival to lover pretty quick.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.