MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Light Novel Kokoro Connect To Be Animated [Update Mar 16]
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Oct 13, 2011 6:18 AM

According to Mainichi News, light novel "Kokoro Connect" was announced to get an anime adaptation. The illustrator of the novel is Kyoto Animation's animator Horiguchi Yukiko.

Kokoro Connect Anime Trailer

Source: Mainichi

News Update March 16th
Key illustration of Kokoro Connect Anime

Cast:
Taichi: Mizushima Takahiro
Iori: Toyosaki Aki
Himeko: Sawashiro Miyuki
Yui: Kanemoto Hisako
Yoshifumi: Terashima Takuma
Chihiro: Toyonaga Toshiyuki
Maiko: Ito Shizuka
Ryuzen: Fujiwara Keiji

Source: Kokoro Connect anime official website
Modified by dtshyk, Mar 16, 2012 1:08 AM

Oct 13, 2011 6:19 AM

Love pentagon... hm anyway it sounds alright I guess.

Oct 13, 2011 6:22 AM

Love pentagon. There's nothing that can go wrong there. Nope, no DRAMA and MISUNDERSTANDINGS here sir.

Will watch hoping for the above.

Oct 13, 2011 6:22 AM

That cover made me believe it was something in connection with K-on. The synopsis didn't convince me. Will decide when there are more details.

Edit: Ah, now I understand why I had that feeling.

Oct 13, 2011 6:29 AM

Seems quite highly rated by five people. I wonder why.

No details on Animator it seems...

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴

Oct 13, 2011 6:34 AM

Wasn't this given a preview of some sorts like a year ago, or am I thinking of something else?
Ok™

Oct 13, 2011 6:37 AM

Enjoyed the manga version and hope this light novel adaptation goes well, because it does add a different spin to the whole "love pentagon" storyline that I didn't see coming.

Oct 13, 2011 6:49 AM

Art looks K-On like and I hated K-On. But who's to say that the art is everything..meh.

Oct 13, 2011 7:03 AM

don't know if i'wii be interested yet

Oct 13, 2011 7:05 AM

Love pentagon=drama and it's comedy so the drama won't be too bad.

it's worth a try.

Oct 13, 2011 7:12 AM

only pentagon? we need more "whatever-gon"

Oct 13, 2011 7:17 AM

Art on the cover looks cute and lol at the love-pentagon.
I hope this actually has more of a romantic element with couples getting together and not just one-sided loves with comedy...

Oct 13, 2011 7:27 AM

First manga chapter explains a lot. With decent director, scriptwriter and studio it might be pretty enjoyable.
Ii tenki desu ne...

Oct 13, 2011 7:57 AM

My body is ready sire'
Courtesy of Paul

Oct 13, 2011 8:06 AM

Is it too quick to assume that KyoAni will be making it?

Oct 13, 2011 8:25 AM

A slice of life with both genders? Horry crappu. Looks interesting, but hopefully "love pentagon" doesn't mean "pointless dorama".

Oct 13, 2011 8:41 AM

herm, something different. ;o

Oct 13, 2011 8:41 AM

Character design of K-ON and Lucky Star? Love pentagon? I'm in.

Oct 13, 2011 8:55 AM

I'm torn between wanting this to be KyoAni and wanting them to do any of the many other things I want them to do... I wish they could somehow take on more than one project at a time, but I can't complain about the level of quality they produce.

That said, there are other of studios I'd also trust with something like this. I'll be watching it whoever it ends up being.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

Oct 13, 2011 9:24 AM

I believe a drama cd was released a while back. Pretty interesting.

Oct 13, 2011 9:40 AM

It looks pretty interesting...

Oct 13, 2011 9:42 AM

Love pentagon? Just how content deprived are some writers these days?!

Why do I get the feeling this is just going to be filler...
If you take anything on the internet seriously, you're doing it wrong. - Ignorance is not bliss; ignorance is getting laughed at by those of higher intelligence than you.

Oct 13, 2011 10:05 AM

I'm so sure I saw a VN with a similar description a few days ago, if I could remember its name..

Anyway, I still can't say anything, but it seems it could be good. I'll try to watch it.

Oct 13, 2011 10:07 AM
News Team
Kind of interesting~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 13, 2011 10:26 AM

I'm very happy to see this announcement was wondering when it was going to happen.

Oct 13, 2011 10:31 AM

seems nice;)
Being a Fujoshi is an ode to male beauty.

Oct 13, 2011 10:32 AM

If it's done by KyoAni I'm game.

Oct 13, 2011 10:36 AM

Zeream said:
Love pentagon? Just how content deprived are some writers these days?!

It's not like romance stories were all completely original and unique up until just now. I don't see why this idea should sound any inherently worse than anything else. Romantic feelings among a group of close friends can be a very complicated thing, and it's been a common storytelling concept for thousands of years. Not sure why Kokoro Connect would be specially singled out as a result of "content deprivation".

Good question, why do you? How are you even defining "filler" here?

Oct 13, 2011 10:46 AM

Isn't all slice of life essentially filler? Light fluffy nothingness that works because the characters are endearing or the hijinks they get into are amusing? Not to say that there aren't slice of life with meaning and some sort of overlying plot, but the whole essence of the genre is the "filler" that fills our day to day lives.

Oct 13, 2011 10:50 AM

Oh my god. I have been waiting for this! Yay.

Oct 13, 2011 10:52 AM

Girls cute liked but boy design completely shit like Kannagi

Oct 13, 2011 11:01 AM

jmal said:
It's not like romance stories were all completely original and unique up until just now. I don't see why this idea should sound any inherently worse than anything else. Romantic feelings among a group of close friends can be a very complicated thing, and it's been a common storytelling concept for thousands of years. Not sure why Kokoro Connect would be specially singled out as a result of "content deprivation".

Who said I was singling this out? I am merely pointing out it is not exactly an original idea, and the anime / LN thus loses appeal as such. I'm not saying that just because of its single topic its better or worse off than any others; there are many really unoriginal stories out there at the moment, all pointless.

Another excellent point is that if I don't like it, then it shouldn't exist.

jmal said:
Zeream said:

Good question, why do you? How are you even defining "filler" here?

What I mean is, this is just going to be another filler show in whatever season this ends up airing in. A waste of time. Taking up the time slot of another anime, a time slot that could have been given to another anime that deserves it more. In other words, this LN is better off not wasting our time with an adaption, because its more than likely just going to be one of the endless empty anime that gets lost to time.
If you take anything on the internet seriously, you're doing it wrong. - Ignorance is not bliss; ignorance is getting laughed at by those of higher intelligence than you.

Oct 13, 2011 11:12 AM

Zeream said:

What I mean is, this is just going to be another filler show in whatever season this ends up airing in. A waste of time. Taking up the time slot of another anime, a time slot that could have been given to another anime that deserves it more. In other words, this LN is better off not wasting our time with an adaption, because its more than likely just going to be one of the endless empty anime that gets lost to time.

Don't judge it before you've even watched it.

A lot of people were expecting anime such as Madoka, S;G, T&B and Nichijou to be god-awful, and they were pretty wrong.

A lot of people thought Blue Exorcist would be good. They were also wrong.

Oct 13, 2011 11:17 AM

GaZsTiC said:
Zeream said:

Don't judge it before you've even watched it.
A lot of people were expecting anime such as Madoka, S;G, T&B and Nichijou to be god-awful, and they were pretty wrong.
A lot of people thought Blue Exorcist would be good. They were also wrong.

HAHAHA you silly, I have every right to judge something before I watch it. Its called a synopsis for a reason; it gives a basic summary of the anime, grabbing the interest of certain individuals, and not others. The whole point of a synopsis is to judge. Your argument is invalid and is just you thinking its unfair that people don't see eye to eye with you.

Oct 13, 2011 11:25 AM
DB Administrator
I like the title.

Oct 13, 2011 11:52 AM

Just added this a few weeks ago to my plan to read list. I really have no idea what to expect. I hope there's a chance that KyoAni would do this one, it would be appropriate for them to do so because they know they will succeed with moe and slice-of-life anyhow and because of their failure of sales with Nichijou (there still hasn't been any numbers yet, is it?). It would be surprising because of moe anime with boys isn't something KyoAni would do.

Oct 13, 2011 12:10 PM

Zeream said:
In other words, this LN is better off not wasting our time with an adaption, because its more than likely just going to be one of the endless empty anime that gets lost to time.

Well, putting aside how silly it is that you believe you can objectively decree what is worthwhile and what is not, particularly on a title you know nothing about and that has not even been animated yet, it might be worthwhile to take a moment and realize that there are undoubtedly many shows you enjoy that many other people feel - as strongly as you do - were worthless. While it's true that you only need to care about things you personally like, at a certain point of extremism this mindset just crosses over into total arrogance and selfishness.

Oct 13, 2011 12:13 PM

Zeream said:
Your argument is invalid and is just you thinking its unfair that people don't see eye to eye with you.

Okay wait, you go on a tirade about how things you don't like (or assume you would not like based on the most flimsy of evidence imaginable) should never ever exist and are absolutely, without question a waste of time... and then try to call someone else out on being narrow-minded when they point out that you're being really judgmental without good cause.

What is this I don't even... wow.

Oct 13, 2011 12:14 PM

Ovindel said:
Nichijou (there still hasn't been any numbers yet, is it?)

Yes we already have numbers for the first four volumes and it's doing about 3k.

Oct 13, 2011 1:01 PM

jmal said:
I'm sorry but that was just adorable. While you are right when you say that, I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that this anime won't be complicated in the least.

Oct 13, 2011 1:20 PM

DO WANT.

Interesting synopsis. May try out, at least.

Oct 13, 2011 1:28 PM

Damonashu said:
this anime won't be complicated in the least.

If I told you that the cast all swap bodies, would that maybe change your mind?

Oct 13, 2011 1:40 PM

Same character designer as the anime versions of K-On and Lucky Star, and it looks like a moe anime. Do we have our next KyoAni show?

Oct 13, 2011 1:48 PM

GaZsTiC said:
Damonashu said:this anime won't be complicated in the least.

If I told you that the cast all swap bodies, would that maybe change your mind?
It could if its genre tags weren't comedy and slice of life. Otherwise it's just "The cast switches bodies and hilarity ensues."

Oct 13, 2011 3:15 PM

Looks pretty cute. A slice of life of both the sexes is pretty rare these days.

Oct 13, 2011 3:17 PM

I'll WATCH THIS.

Oct 13, 2011 5:21 PM

hmm,ok will watch this
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.

Oct 13, 2011 5:24 PM

Looks a little like K-ON.

Oct 13, 2011 5:35 PM

Damonashu said:
While you are right when you say that, I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that this anime won't be complicated in the least.

"Complicated" in the sense that the interpersonal relationships create enough connections to form a "love pentagon" to use the phrase in question, as opposed to a straight one-on-one relationship or basic love triangle. Complicated as in a group of friends dealing with many mixed feelings, not 15 interweaving subplots or political conspiracies or sci-fi technobabble.

Oct 13, 2011 5:46 PM

I smell KyoAni~
k-on look alike!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »