Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 11, 2011 11:40 PM

Jan 2009
tatsuki's hair...its more disturbing than manga...guess she had some bankai training as well..
also good to hear tsukki's voice as ichigo's odd job boss
Oct 11, 2011 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, they did a really good job with the opening. Song really suits it, feels quite cheerful and upbeat. ED is quite emotional, seeing Kon just sitting there lifeless. Come to think of it, I don't think Kon appears in this arc at all. :(

Overall this episode was not bad. Although it somewhat felt different from regular Bleach since we didn't see any shinigami at all and fights. Back to school life, ah nostalgia...
Oct 12, 2011 12:54 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said: You are seriously holding a timeskip which has turned into a badly paced messy and pointless metaphor about civil rights and equality above a very much realistic one year timeskip with pretty much realistic and not over-dramatized changes?

oh, i didn't know that battling racism is considered to be pointless and unrealistic.
pokymonOct 12, 2011 12:57 AM
Oct 12, 2011 1:22 AM

Sep 2007
Ohhh looks like it's back to the manga now. Guess I should start watching again.
Oct 12, 2011 1:45 AM

Dec 2009
Gonna start watching Bleach again after the Aizen arc ended. I'm interested to see what happens after the whole time skip and Ichigo losing his shinigami powers.
Oct 12, 2011 5:17 AM

Aug 2011
i skip the fillers and was waiting for this
omg what the heck happen???
it really looks like it starting anew after aizen's arc
this is something i'm looking forward to

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Oct 12, 2011 7:45 AM

Feb 2010
Seriously, why is even one piece discussed here? This is the forum thread for BLEACH episode 343 discussion. Hello?

Besides, I dont think the timeskip threw the story off balance. Yes, the characters look different. But it is true that some people change a lot in a year. Especially with Ichigo and friends going to 17.. Karin and Yuzu in middle school. Heard of the process called pubety? In fact, I think the change is refreshing and they all look better now. Although I wonder how practical Tatsuki's hairstyle is. =x

And no, the shinigamis wont be changing their style. Im not spoiling anything but logically speaking, the shinigamis live for centuries or more. What is 17months to them?
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Oct 12, 2011 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. For a moment, I brought me back to 2005? when I watched the first episode and fell in love with the anime. I almost forgot I have to go to work today...
Oct 12, 2011 2:05 PM

Mar 2011
Bleach reload!

We're back with the old school crew and it was good to see them again!

Nice to see all the styles animated (im reading the manga) and the 'new guys' look well done!

It'll be interesting to see it all kick off!
Oct 12, 2011 5:45 PM

Jul 2007
gdc_anime1989 said:
Awesome episode. For a moment, I brought me back to 2005? when I watched the first episode and fell in love with the anime. I almost forgot I have to go to work today...

If there was a "like" button on here I would have clicked "like"
Oct 12, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
"ICHIGOOO!"..."Osu": made my day lol, Ichigo's face killed me
Tatsuki's hair O_o how tragic
Ichigo pimping himself out to the sports teams is one of my favorite parts of Bleach

Orihime laughing after she jumped out the window made me laugh too. when her eyes turned into 3's Ichigo's reaction was hilarious.
Oct 12, 2011 10:33 PM

Jan 2009
Loving how Ichigo is still kickin' ass even if he doesn't have his shinigami powers, lol...

...and helloooo long haired pig tails at the end.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Oct 13, 2011 1:30 AM

Jul 2010
It looks as if Orihime's boobs has gotten bigger. And Ichigo is just awesome as usual despite that he lost his shinigami powers.
Oct 13, 2011 3:17 AM
Sep 2009
Tatsuki's hair.......
Oct 13, 2011 9:43 AM

Jul 2011
I have to say that it was epic! I loved it.
The opening was amaznig and the new arc seems to be very interesting.
I love the new characters too. I cant wait for the next episode...
Oct 13, 2011 10:28 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty good episode.
Oct 13, 2011 4:12 PM

Dec 2009
Holy crap, it's like they completely restarted the series. When it first mentioned the time skip, my brain nearly exploded, i just couldn't handle it. I mean, they spent years on a few days, and then go 1.5 years in 1 episode, that's one hell of a speed up.
Oct 13, 2011 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
Thank god bleach didn't end. Its like one of my starter animes that pretty much never dissapoints me.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Oct 13, 2011 10:57 PM

Aug 2009
Sorkalith said:
Thank god bleach didn't end. Its like one of my starter animes that pretty much never dissapoints me.

This. A thousand times this. The only series that i forgive plot holes.
Oct 14, 2011 4:38 AM
Nov 2010
A timeskip where nothing happened except for a change of hairstyles. Most of which, are horrible looking.

Tatsuki can't even grow her hair properly? What's wrong with her? In 17 months, Orihime still did not dare to confess - pathetic. Ichigo the ever power-hungry individual he was being dishonest with himself about living a normal life, yet he was ever jealous of Ishida getting all the excitement from exterminating hollows - horrible characterization. Justifiably, the only gratification he earned from his lack of powers is by selling his body to the school clubs. Thanks for overdoing the cool. Not. The only person who strove to do something about the stagnant situation was Chad. Go Chad.

And don't forget this is a timeskip where Yuzu's brother complex grew exponentially. Disturbing. -_-
Oct 14, 2011 10:26 AM

Jul 2010
poor yuzu, she was all excited too, ichigo should have atleast gave a half-@$$ed compliment, lol.
karin is still the same, trying to stuff on her own.

Avalie said:
A timeskip where nothing happened except for a change of hairstyles. Most of which, are horrible looking.
Tatsuki can't even grow her hair properly? What's wrong with her? In 17 months, Orihime still did not dare to confess - pathetic. Ichigo the ever power-hungry individual he was being dishonest with himself about living a normal life, yet he was ever jealous of Ishida getting all the excitement from exterminating hollows - horrible characterization. Justifiably, the only gratification he earned from his lack of powers is by selling his body to the school clubs. Thanks for overdoing the cool. Not. The only person who strove to do something about the stagnant situation was Chad. Go Chad.
And don't forget this is a timeskip where Yuzu's brother complex grew exponentially. Disturbing. -_-

than excalty how should her hair be like then,
as for being jealous, i dont really think so. he's just had it since he was a kid i think and than got used to it. and now all of it disappeared. no matter how much you hate it, it will still feel weird w/o it.
i haven no comment on his sports hiring though, i dont even know what to feel about that. but hey, money is money.
as for chad, wtf has chad done, i dont think they even showed him properly.
as for orihime and yuzu, bro-com doesnt seem creepy enough for me yet, but i totally forgot that orihime could have used this chance to confess but she didnt, thats just sad.

Oct 14, 2011 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty nice restart! It was so pleasant to see Riruka in colour!
Oct 14, 2011 10:21 PM
Mar 2010
deadly-lullaby said:
it feels like it's a whole new anime or like bleach is starting from zero all over again

definitely does
Oct 15, 2011 12:05 PM
Feb 2010
Fuck the BBCode fail.....
Oct 15, 2011 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
I dunno if I'm retarded, but wtf i barely see similarities between the 1st opening and the 20th! Maybe it's because the animation is so SOOOO GOOOD compared to the first one!!! omg bleach has really evolved and the animation is so darn delicate that it touching!

Ichigo is such a deep character, it's like the whole Bleach world is so well planned and I agree with Fai that it not only a simble minded manga about fights and friends, but about what the protagonist itself feels and goes through and its future <3 just brilliant!

the problem is that this emotions are a bit harder to get in the manga, + NOW i see that the badge is in ginjo's bag, in the manga I thought he stealed it from ichigo... also he said "the NEXT substitute soul reaper seams like an interesting fellow..." what happened, were I too blind to see these stuff in the manga??? sorry I really suck at analyzing bleach more closely :'(((
Oct 16, 2011 3:42 AM
Nov 2010
supermegasonic said:

than excalty how should her hair be like then,
as for being jealous, i dont really think so. he's just had it since he was a kid i think and than got used to it. and now all of it disappeared. no matter how much you hate it, it will still feel weird w/o it.
i haven no comment on his sports hiring though, i dont even know what to feel about that. but hey, money is money.
as for chad, wtf has chad done, i dont think they even showed him properly.
as for orihime and yuzu, bro-com doesnt seem creepy enough for me yet, but i totally forgot that orihime could have used this chance to confess but she didnt, thats just sad.

The Chad reference was pure sarcasm to emphasize just how stagnant the entire cast has been in the past 17 months. At least Chad realised just how badly Ichigo wanted his powers back and actively did something about it. He's still hasn't been shown much of course, because all Kubo cares about is Orihime.

I don't know how Tatsuki's hair should be. It just looks downright ugly. She's like Shiba Kaien went wrong.

I'm sure Ichigo is at some level envious of all the action Ishida gets. Don't we agree that there's nothing that he wishes more for than to have the power to fight and protect again? It's a desire for power.

Yuzu's brother complex is really disturbing. It was not too bad when she was upset, at 11 years old, that Ichigo doesn't shower together with her anymore. She was 11, I understand that. But at 13 to be upset that Ichigo is not paying attention to her dress? A school outfit, too. That's just creepy.

Orihime is never going to have the guts to confess. She's too afraid of rejection.
Oct 16, 2011 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
Such a ridiculous jumping the shark moment. At least when other authors have been forced to carry on their manga because Jump wants to make money they've made good arcs.
Oct 16, 2011 12:07 PM

Jul 2007
Avalie said:

I'm sure Ichigo is at some level envious of all the action Ishida gets. Don't we agree that there's nothing that he wishes more for than to have the power to fight and protect again? It's a desire for power.

I doubt he envies Ishida having power.

He is frustrated and angered by the fact that his friends technically DO NOT need him to protect them anymore. He is essentially useless, reduced to the role of those he used to protect.

And everyone did change. Its essentially most noticed with Inoue as she has quite changed emotionally. It feels natural. Its only one year and it was not fueled by some tragic event. Everyone just kept on living for one year, doing normal stuff and developing according to that. Ichigo stayed however in one place, looking backwards at what he had, while everyone was moving forward.

And no, neither of the three of his powered friends, had a chance to show what they are made of, and I get impression that Kubo is saving them for the next arc or whatever comes after the current stuff in manga - Chad was made clear to say multiple times tha the is holding back during the events and Orihime was prevented from showing a second new ability. Kubo went out of its way to not show what they developed power wise. Considering what Ishida said about current events, its not far reached to think that they will get more attention after a few twists in current arc.
Oct 16, 2011 8:25 PM

Dec 2009
Avalie said:

Yuzu is definitely one of my favorite Bleach characters that is under used. It would be interesting if a Shounen did stray away to the point where they include Suggestive things like Yuzu having an unusual obsession with her brother.
Oct 17, 2011 6:59 AM
Nov 2010
The "new" Bleach looks pretty nice, I like how everyone has changed(not drastically) and the new characters seem pretty interesting, as well as the opening/ending songs...
I agree that Ichigo is probably pretty hungry for power, even though he doesn't want to say it...
Oct 22, 2011 4:57 AM

Sep 2011
I feel like I might be the only one who didn't love the episode. (Maybe because I haven't read the manga). Yes the art was good and the op was awesome. But idk, I watched and just thought, its like I'm watching some slice of life shojo, just practically waiting for the main heroine to accidently bump into him in the hallway.

BUT....I shall have faith. I'm sure that it will return to the action and such that I love about this show.
Oct 22, 2011 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
shirochan1006 said:
I feel like I might be the only one who didn't love the episode. (Maybe because I haven't read the manga). Yes the art was good and the op was awesome. But idk, I watched and just thought, its like I'm watching some slice of life shojo, just practically waiting for the main heroine to accidently bump into him in the hallway.

BUT....I shall have faith. I'm sure that it will return to the action and such that I love about this show.

action is fine, but when you have repeated action like it was in the aiezen arc, its just way over used and becomes redundant after so much time. I like how this new story is evolving into something a little more interesting, then just battling espada after espada with no in between character development what so ever. I mean look at the first season of bleach. Imo they set up the series great with the whole soul society arc, but i mean my god, the main characters of this show are chad, orihime and ishida and ichigo, the fact they barely got any screen time during the aizen arc really disappointing me. The 13 squad captains, showed up at practically the end just for the action. But what the show really lacked was character depth. In my opinion if you want to pull the viewers in, you have to give a equal amount of both in a series. So im hoping this arc actually fleshes out the characters alot more and also we got more screen time with the 4 main characters of the show.

Oct 22, 2011 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
shirochan1006 said:

Let's just say that this arc is less like the usual combat arcs like SS or HM ones were.

Its a conspiracy/mystery style arc with more focus on Ichigo's own thoughts as well as the whole plot slowly falling together into place - these two episodes already provided a lot of important clues.

To what it actually leads? no one knows yet. Even manga readers do not have a clear picture of what is happening since the arc is not finished yet and a lot of pieces are missing.
Oct 22, 2011 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
shirochan1006 said:

Let's just say that this arc is less like the usual combat arcs like SS or HM ones were.

Its a conspiracy/mystery style arc with more focus on Ichigo's own thoughts as well as the whole plot slowly falling together into place - these two episodes already provided a lot of important clues.

To what it actually leads? no one knows yet. Even manga readers do not have a clear picture of what is happening since the arc is not finished yet and a lot of pieces are missing.

And that is EXACTLY why i love it so much. Welcome back to the old days of the series. I hope they bring back the old music to. I just loved the old sound tracks they used in the older seasons that pretty much went by the wayside when the HM arc came out.

Nov 4, 2011 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
Oh wow.....FINALLY a new arc....and so much nostalgia going on in this episode.

I feel like I'm back in 2006 when I first watched Bleach.....those were some very great times.

For a long time Bleach was my #1 anime and even though it's gone downhill I really hope it can somehow get better.

Bleach will always have a special place for me, it was one of the very first anime I ever saw and I loved everything about it.
Dec 5, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
I got to say i really liked it a lot, felt fresh and new, also new character designs are nice, o_o = my reaction to Tatsuki's hair. Really nice OP and good ED too..looking forward to this arc. And i am so happy there won't be any Soul Society crap for a while, really just don't like the captains and such :\
Dec 29, 2011 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
Looking forward to seeing how this arc is going to turn out! Happy we're back to the manga. :3

Jan 9, 2012 5:15 PM
Sep 2008
Rojo said:
Anyone notice how the new opening is like a "new" version of the first opening by orange range?

Yes, yes I did notice that. And that is awesome because the first opening is somewhere in my "top 10 favorite anime openings ever" list.

I dropped the Bleach anime a long time ago (like, early Hueco Mundo long time ago) because it felt too stretched out and dropped the manga in the middle of the giant battle with Aizen because it was making Goku vs. Freeza look brief by comparison. But having since picked the series back up without any knowledge of what's about to come next, I can say that for the first time in a long time I am genuinely excited and intrigued by Bleach.

Also, hoo-freaking-ray for Orihime going back to her old, quirky self. I really missed that side of her when she got turned into a generic damsel-in-distress after Soul Society.
Feb 3, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2009
Why suddenly all the hairstyle change? Are they going to stick to it or just this arc?
Mar 9, 2012 8:31 PM

Mar 2011
This was an awesome episode. It really reminded me how terrible filler is by comparison. It is nice that Bleach is getting back to its roots, but still moving forward into new territory. I also like the characters have aged and developed. It is also interesting to see Ichigo's depressed side as he copes with the major life change.

The gag parts were pretty funny. I also love Ichigo's family and its dynamic. His fighting with this dad always makes me laugh. After only watching that crappy filler for so long, I forgot about why I fell in love with the series to begin with. The artwork is stunning and it shows that they've really invested a lot more money into the production of the show.

I am really interested to see how this arc progresses. The fights so far have been really interesting.

Mar 16, 2012 7:11 AM

May 2010
can anyone tell me the name of the ost when the guy steals the bag?
Mar 21, 2012 11:02 PM

Dec 2008
I really enjoyed this episode, it's a simple formula... Go back to what made Bleach so much fun to watch.
May 9, 2012 5:24 PM
Mar 2010
First Bleach episode I've really enjoyed in a long while.
Felt like a proper start to a new arc. Really liked the time jump and more mature character drawrings.
May 21, 2012 6:48 PM

May 2011
I love this fresh restart of Bleach.

So many changes, so many similarities.

The OP/ED, the slice of life, the delinquents, the "GOOD MORNING ICHIGOO", the friends and the introduction of 5 new "mysterious" characters.

I'm glad to say Bleach is back. :)

I really miss Rukia, Renji and the other Shinigami but I just know they wont be gone for long. ^^
Sep 15, 2012 10:41 AM
May 2012
YEAH!!!
Finally got back into BLEACH!!
Sadly it's a short arc then it's over...

Jan 20, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2010
Yes time skip! I'm really liking the new feel of Bleach. It was fun to watch and see Ichigo living a regular life.

The new characters look interesting, the girl with the twin tails caught my attention.

I think I'm going to really like this arc, the atmosphere is really nice.
May 16, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2010
I love the way the characters look now! Especially Yuzu and Ichigo. *-*
Can't wait to see what's about to happen next. :)
May 26, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
The new looks of the animation are good. Bleach looks modern now. But nothing really happened in this episode, so I've got nothing to look forward to for now. I guess I'll got to watch another episode then...
Jul 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2012
Tatsuki's hair makes her look like she's put in extensions...
Jul 12, 2013 9:08 PM

May 2013
Loved this ep (:
The beginning where it says Ichigo is not able to see ghosts/spirits broke my heart D': I was like, nooooo! Don't remind meeeee TT^TT

But meh... I don't know.... I'm not really digging Tatsuki's mullet thing that's going on... :/ Same with Mizuiro's hairstyle, lol. Yumichika pulls it off better ;P

Hot damn, though. If it weren't for Keigo's idiotic personality, he got sexy! XD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.