Forum Settings
Forums

Full CGI TV Anime 'Arashi no Yoru ni' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 26, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
I just hope Narimiya Hiroki will again voice Mei. ^.^
You know the pirate, ain't leaving no slack. ○
Mar 16, 2012 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
I hope its as good as the movie! <3
and gets translated....-.-;
Apr 9, 2012 8:20 AM
Apr 2012
It's going to be interesting to see how they handle Mei in this series. In the books, Mei was neither male nor female; in the movie, he was most definitely male. By the look of the artwork and the sneak-peeks, Mei appears to be female in the series.

Could be good... or it could give the furry community even more material with which to ship Mei and Gabu.
Apr 9, 2012 11:19 PM

Oct 2009
Tustin said:
It's going to be interesting to see how they handle Mei in this series. In the books, Mei was neither male nor female; in the movie, he was most definitely male. By the look of the artwork and the sneak-peeks, Mei appears to be female in the series.

Could be good... or it could give the furry community even more material with which to ship Mei and Gabu.

the first episode has already aired, it even aired with dual audio which is rare. And to answer your question the anime decided to go with a female Mei.
Apr 10, 2012 4:11 PM
Apr 2012
mikael123 said:
Tustin said:

the first episode has already aired, it even aired with dual audio which is rare. And to answer your question the anime decided to go with a female Mei.

Now there's a surprise about the dual audio. Even though it's nothing to do with TBS, I wonder if the demand generated by my unofficial English dub of the movie could have had any bearing on that decision. That might just be wishful thinking.

Turning Mei into a girl though? Seems like a mistake to me. The author of the books always saw Mei as male, the movie had him as male, so suddenly making him female seems like a cop-out to me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

26 by ZXEAN »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.