Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2008 11:21 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Sakura tree. It was a nice ending for the old lady though.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 15, 2010 6:18 AM
May 2010
everything was so very pink
May 7, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2013
This series really has its' ups and downs. This episode wasn't so great. Hopefully the last episode eds on a good note.

Also I take pride in the fact no one will ever see this gif I made.

Not even the person below me who will inevitably comment (unless the world ends before then)
Jun 1, 2013 7:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
RediceRyan said:
Not even the person below me who will inevitably comment (unless the world ends before then)
I have nothing to say ;)
Aug 7, 2014 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
Here's the entire quote from this episode:

"Should we only appreciate flowers at their peak, and the moon when it's full? Nay, to yearn for the moon through the rain, or fail to notice Spring's passing for being sealed indoors, arouse even deeper feelings. Budding boughs just before they burst into blossom and gardens strewn with wilted flowers are by far more worthy of notice."

It pretty much speaks for itself — that things should be treasured despite their flaws. Like how Nao initially thinks the rain is ruining her pictures of the cherry blossoms, and then later reminisces about a certain tree she's seen that only has one branch with blossoms on it. Taiki's quote clearly made an impression on her.

Surprisingly, the quote didn't really apply to the grandma. Although she has accepted that the tree from her past has lost its once-beautiful branches, she regains her joy after the kids bring her to see the seemingly perfect, blooming cherry blossom trees in the park. But this is to be expected since, as an elderly woman, she sees things differently from Nao and her friends; her views are more introspective and perhaps tinted with nostalgia than those of the kids, who are much more carefree.
Feb 25, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2014
Another beautiful and meaningful episode!
Jun 12, 2017 9:04 PM
Nov 2015
Tien said:
Here's the entire quote from this episode:

"Should we only appreciate flowers at their peak, and the moon when it's full? Nay, to yearn for the moon through the rain, or fail to notice Spring's passing for being sealed indoors, arouse even deeper feelings. Budding boughs just before they burst into blossom and gardens strewn with wilted flowers are by far more worthy of notice."

It pretty much speaks for itself — that things should be treasured despite their flaws. Like how Nao initially thinks the rain is ruining her pictures of the cherry blossoms, and then later reminisces about a certain tree she's seen that only has one branch with blossoms on it. Taiki's quote clearly made an impression on her.

Surprisingly, the quote didn't really apply to the grandma. Although she has accepted that the tree from her past has lost its once-beautiful branches, she regains her joy after the kids bring her to see the seemingly perfect, blooming cherry blossom trees in the park. But this is to be expected since, as an elderly woman, she sees things differently from Nao and her friends; her views are more introspective and perhaps tinted with nostalgia than those of the kids, who are much more carefree.

Love the poem/ quote

It's pretty much what artist do. Like the impressionist painters who would spend days and days to observe and paint a scene in different settings, different moments during the day, different seasons ... Sakura is not only beautiful when it blooms, it's always good to cherish every variation
Aug 2, 2021 8:13 PM
Dec 2019
It occurred to me during this episode that this anime is essentially a haiku. Extremely simple and understated, to the point where the simplicity itself takes on a beauty. But for a lot of people, that simplicity is just barren, understandably.

Barring a surprise from episode 13, this episode absolutely makes the anime for me. Once again, Kenji Kawai's music+the unique visuals makes for a wonderful experience. Only this time, there's some poetry to go about it. I disagree with Tien in his interpretation of the "other" moments as flaws, which I think is missing the point. The poetry and metaphors of this episode are saying something along the lines of while everyone adores Spring, Fall and Winter have a beauty of their own. Everyone likes clear sunny skies but the rain brings its own quality to the sakura blossoms. The spring of youth is great, but the autumn of old age is also to be savored, for after the petals have fallen you can appreciate them in a new light.

But that's just me. I love flower metaphors. Loved them in Casshern Sins, loved them in Wolf's Rain, and I love them here.
May 16, 2022 11:31 AM

Jul 2019
Huh. I can't remember exactly what anime, but I think it was Clannad were sakura trees played an important part for one heroine (Tomoyo?). This episode was pretty good though. The seasons are quite a beautiful thing. Sad to see that one sakura tree go oof.

Good episode tho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 20, 2008

12 by melanpon »»
Jan 16, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 24, 2008

20 by ManuelFragment »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 1 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jun 29, 2008

26 by Bebop_the_Bear »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 9 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 11, 2008

15 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 10, 2023 8:50 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 10, 2008

13 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 10, 2023 8:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.