Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2011 12:55 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, can someone tell me the name of the song that starts when Yukio's and Rin's flashbacks appears? It's so awesome ;3;
And that ending was... crap. The only 'good' thing was when Yukio was surrounded by blue flames and then held hands with Rin, becoming an amazing eagle-or-something. <3
Oct 2, 2011 12:58 PM

Jun 2010
Kurimu-chan said:

Also

My thought exactly. xD

Also, the phoenix part was cool, although very cliche.
Oct 2, 2011 12:58 PM

Mar 2011
am disappoint, like everyone said, it was good for 12-15 or so episodes.
This anime doesn't really deserve more than an 8
Courtesy of Paul
Oct 2, 2011 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
I'm pretty disappointed. This anime had a lot of potential, but they had to cut it short to 25 episodes and rush into an ending. I doubt there's going to be a second season with the way they concluded things. I don't get why they had to do this.
Oct 2, 2011 1:09 PM

May 2009
I liked the ep for the most part.
The Blue Phoenix was cool but it was so random, I would have bought it if Rin showed some potential for flight beforehand. I liked it when Yukio took out the sword he also got the Blue Exorcist power.
Yukio looks cooler with the demon teeth and elf ears
9/10 total since I liked the main concept
Oct 2, 2011 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
Scytheboy813 said:
Yukio looks cooler with the demon teeth and elf ears
So, he's got demon teeth (I can accept that) and elf ears, eh? ( ¬‿¬)
Really? Elf ears? It couldn't be that he got, like, demon ears?
When did elves appear in this series anyway? I don't count Mameshiba as elves, no.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 2, 2011 1:17 PM

Mar 2008
ahahahaha this was so bad
no end-fight with satan, satan in fact was really weak and capable of nothing
these little "bat-like-demons" did nothing, so i dont know why they even fought them, seriously, they did NOTHING

they randomly formed a blue-flame-phoenix with their "brotherly love and bond" lololol
1hit gehenna gate

in fact, nothing happened, they tried to implement so many anime clichés, but they didnt deliver
it was so poorly made that it was just embarassing to watch these last 3 episodes of this anime tonight, especially when a few days ago you just "finished" all the one piece episodes

and when you then "compare" this to the best anime (one piece) out there, well..
so rushed..
Oct 2, 2011 1:24 PM

Jan 2010
good ending
wish tey'd follow the manga but nonetheless it was good
here's hoping for a 2nd season and if not there's still the movie to look forward to
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Oct 2, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
The series started out really good. The first few episodes I found were very awesome, but then it gradually decended, wasn't bad still ... but also not great either ... 7/10 because the first half was very good in my eyes.

And yes ... last scene - Celty ... lol
Oct 2, 2011 1:25 PM
Oct 2007
The anime original episodes were way way below average. I'm not sure what to rate since the first 10 episodes (following manga faithfully) was good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2009
Romeo said:
and when you then "compare" this to the best anime (one piece) out there, well..
so rushed..

You mean where things take tons of episodes to get accomplished and has over 300 episodes to watch? 8D

Annnnnnnnnnnyways, this gets a 10/10 for me because even though it's not faithful to the Manga, it was still damn good (TO ME) and I loved every Sunday sitting down and watching the newest episode. Sometimes cliched? Yes. But, I can get over that because the first half makes up for it like no tomorrow. Second half? Not as good of course. But, again, I'm just going to overlook that and enjoy it for what it is.

So, yep - Manga and Movie here we go!

Well, lol, at least the ending is a lot better than Soul Eater's. And, Tiger&Bunny just might make it's score go down. But, we'll see when I finish it
sillyker0nianOct 2, 2011 1:41 PM
Oct 2, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
lolwut. im so confused haha

im kinda suprised at how off track the whole series got and what was the beginning with mephisto about. i dont even.
Oct 2, 2011 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
I give this episode a 6/10.

So much deus ex machina. Blackie flying... wth? The brothers flying...LOLWUT? Etc. Etc. Blue Flames of Satan =/= Phoenix.

The only good part was them visiting their moms grave/their birth place.

LF>Insert Song name.
PaulOct 2, 2011 1:35 PM
Oct 2, 2011 1:46 PM

Aug 2010
9/10 from me, love the BGM, OP/ED choices, love Kuro and love Rin :3 to hell with Arthur and Shiemi at least Arthur was quite useful this epi lulz
and finally best part of this anime original ending is......HAMSTERIMON :D especially when he was standing rofl
anyways it was a pretty predictable episode (except for that phoenix like bird thing lol) the fact that they focused more on the Okumura twins as opposed to others were a +, though I wanted more Mephisto screentime =3=
oh well that was pretty awesome, Movie here i come :3
Oct 2, 2011 1:50 PM
Nov 2008
"He's so stupid he'd forget to die even if he got killed." Lol'd. Bon is the best.
Overall a fine show, 6/10. Started really well and had it's moments but there's a lot a cliche/bs in it.
Oct 2, 2011 2:03 PM

Jul 2011
Wow.... I'm really disappointed... Really, really disappointed.

It started out as one of the most promising anime this year. The introduction was interesting enough to draw me in. Everything to animation, characters and that awesome soundtrack. Even though the plot was filled with clichés, it was presented in a very entertaining way. Rin, who I thought was going to be just like all the other shounen lead, quickly became one of my favorite characters.
It wasn't until episode 15 when I started to notice something was a little bit off...

Everything I loved about this series just flew out o' the window. The pacing went way too fast, the animation (which became sloppier with every episode), the characters lost every single quality that made me like them and the story turned into some bizarre mess. Well, at least the voice acting and music didn't change to the worse.

The thing that tipped me off the most was when everyone found out that Rin was Satan's son. What do they do? Act as nothing... And that's when I decided to check out the manga since the discussion board was being flooded with complaints about it.
Despite the arc that follows was pretty weak in comparison to the earlier arcs in the series, at least the characters had realistic development. I mean, come on! Take Shiemi for an example. I kind of liked her in the beginning, but as soon as I saw her to the "Love/friendship conquers all-hug" back in episode 16 I literally face-palmed. She's not even a little concerned about her love interest being a complete demon, she just ignores it. The same goes for everyone else in the cast.

That's when people also started to realize that so much more was going to change.
I thought they were going to do end AnE in a fitting way to continue the plot from the manga in a second season. But no, they decided to go in a total different way. I'm not saying that a original route is anything bad (it usually turns out bad though), the route they took happened to be a bad one. As I said, everything felt rushed, the characters stopped being interesting and the plot made no sense whatsoever.

These last few episodes were the worst. Yukio annoyed me to hell with his sudden change of personality, that grandfather who was just there to get that stupid plot going and how they destroyed my image of Satan. I imagined him to be a sadistic bastard with no intention of his evil deeds (he's the devil for crying out loud, he doesn't even need an intention).

Well, because of the the first half of the series I'm going to give this 7/10 - and that's being generous in my opinion. I'm curious to see how the movie will turn out, but I'm not having high hopes if they're just going to continue where they ended it.
HariiOct 2, 2011 2:48 PM
Oct 2, 2011 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
loLOLOLLLLLL

Oct 2, 2011 2:21 PM

Dec 2009
fucking mameshiba !

This ending... I'm a bit disappointed

but well,... let's give it a 7/10
yuno6.jpg
Oct 2, 2011 2:25 PM
Oct 2010
Mameshibaaa~
Oct 2, 2011 2:29 PM
Sep 2011
i have a question for the people that utterly hated the series...why were you even watching it if you hated it that much?

if you were hoping for it to improve, i guess that's one thing...and most likely the reason. But still, it's as if some of you act as if you're being forced to watch the worst show in the world.

OtakuronZ said:
Mameshibaaa~

my thoughts exactly.
Oct 2, 2011 2:34 PM

Dec 2010
A bit dissapointing because of cliches oh that 'flying bros'..
but i think it's good overall.
7/10

Still, can anyone tell me what exactly is mephisto's intention?
Kurimu-chan said:

Also

lol I thought the same thing
Aquila_ElOct 2, 2011 2:51 PM
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Oct 2, 2011 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
Hmm, not so bad for and ongoing manga anime ending...but it could have been better if they would wait for more manga chapters :/...

The only good parts were when Rin pinched Yukio's nose and when Bon strangled Rin xD...
Oct 2, 2011 2:35 PM

May 2009
Could someone remind me why Satan should be a good guy? Because I never saw him actually doing something good, so why the producers want us to believe that he's just misunderstood?
And what's the whole purpose of Mephisto, if he wouldn't have been in the anime, would it have changed something?
What was that horrible deus ex machina under the form under the form of a giant bird?
Why the Gehenna Gate looks like a flying ufo saucer out of a B sci-fi movie?
Why Rin wants Satan back to the human world, even if he made a killing spree?
Why joining the human and demon world together would be a good idea?
Why this anime likes so much ripping off other ideas, like the modern styled Dullalhan from Durarara and the boars from Princess Mononoke?

So many questions without answer... The only upside is that this anime will be retconned soon by Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood.

4/10
Arashi89Oct 2, 2011 2:49 PM
Oct 2, 2011 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
gnome64 said:
i have a question for the people that utterly hated the series...why were you even watching it if you hated it that much?

if you were hoping for it to improve, i guess that's one thing...and most likely the reason. But still, it's as if some of you act as if you're being forced to watch the worst show in the world.

I was hoping that it would improve over time, and it did for a while, but then it only got worse and worse.
I finish almost every show I watch so I can voice a valid opinion about it. You cant really have a legit opinion of a show you haven't finished watching yet.
And I just don't like dropping shows, I want to see them through till the bitter end. Too bad AoEx was way too fucking bitter, and I had to force myself to watch it.
Oct 2, 2011 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
yah i will enver undertand why people cnat accept that the anime differentiating form the manga s good, hell the stuff that happened recently int he anime is 10 times better than whas going on in the mnaga right now cause the manga is DULL AS FUCK

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2011 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
need sheet music for that piano bgm at the grave NAO
Oct 2, 2011 3:21 PM

Nov 2008
I have no doubt that plenty of 12 year olds in Japan loved the ending. But for the rest of us, the second half of the series was quite disappointing because it was so unoriginal. Non-manga stories don't have to be predictable, but the writers didn't really try here. Oh well.
Oct 2, 2011 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
I have no doubt that plenty of 12 year olds in Japan loved the ending. But for the rest of us, the second half of the series was quite disappointing because it was so unoriginal. Non-manga stories don't have to be predictable, but the writers didn't really try here. Oh well.

directed at all the manga fanboys here not just to you

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2011 3:41 PM

May 2009
I really loved the beginning. (Before they decided to turn this series into a boys version of vampire night except with demons and exorcists) Even the past few episodes were so bad. But this episode was just lolwhutno.
7/10 had it's ups and downs.
Despite what people say the anime original stuff wasn't that bad.
Oct 2, 2011 3:44 PM
Apr 2011
I am very disappointed. This episode was really cliche and cheesy. The animation looked great, the music was good, and it had a couple of epic moments, but overall it was just "okay". The thing is I was expecting a less anti-climactic ending. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't anything special either.

Overall, I thought it was a good anime, but it had some annoying filler eps, and the climax was pretty cheesy.

6.75/10 (rounded up to 7)
Oct 2, 2011 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm
Music 10/10
Art 9/10
Story 6/10
Character 7/10

Overall 7/10

It was enjoyable for a the most part could of been a lot better though... compared to the manga it gets a big 5/10 or so...
I'll watch the movie if it comes out.. and now to read the manga... i've only read the first few chapters..
Oct 2, 2011 3:48 PM

Aug 2010
I'll watch a second season if they give me more Shura.
Oct 2, 2011 3:57 PM

Jul 2010
>.> I wish they worked more on the character development and everything. The battle scene was just a bit short and cliche. But anyhow let's hope there's a second season that is improved by tenfold! ^_^
Oct 2, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
I loved the ending! I was sweet and nice...

This show had its bumpy roads where I started to just lost interest and hate the show, but it ended lovely!

10/10

Cant wait for the movie!!! It will most likely be a filler movie, but I'm okay with that! :D
Oct 2, 2011 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
this series wasn't that bad but i hope next year or sometime they would make a new ao no exoricst anime but closer to the manga.
Oct 2, 2011 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
The last episode and shura made this show.
[center]
Oct 2, 2011 4:15 PM

Jun 2011
Meh, could have been better if they decided to stick with the original. But it was enjoyable nonetheless. I wonder what the movie will shove down our throats.
Oct 2, 2011 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
I actually liked this ep....granted I haven't read the manga. It was a decent series. Stupid here and there but I enjoyed it.

Originally said 8/10 but thinking on it now and compared to some others I've rated, might bump it down to 7/10 instead

Iilia said:
This? (video in tag)

Best part imo....really caught my ear when it was played
Oct 2, 2011 4:28 PM

Mar 2008
What's Celty doing in this ep?

Oct 2, 2011 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
Flying UFO gate - fine...
Joint phoenix combined brother power - okay...
'let's feel sorry for Satan' - hmmmm...

I could've overlooked all that but what bothered me most was that they didn't animate Rin's ears properly at the last fight after he pulled out the sword. I mean his ears grow at first but then they go back to normal mid fight. xD

It was very strange as an ending somehow, I kind of liked the reference to the Faust story with Mephisto.

I still just enjoyed seeing the character's do stuff after the plot value went down somewhat so I can say I'm not too disappointed. More Ao please in any form. =)
Oct 2, 2011 4:59 PM
Sep 2011
Decee said:
icamehere said:
Shit ending for a shit show.

5/10

Someone that has a shitty view before watching something will make a shitty comment like you just did. I guess you never gave it a chance.

Anime gets 10/10 There was no reason for not loving it and if you haven't read the manga it's all good. Hopefully we'll see a new season soon.

@Icamhere gets a.... uh let's see.. 10/10 for posting a shitty comment.

Oct 2, 2011 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
Really weird this anime. I still don't understand that Shiemi hate, she actually did some stuff and showed different feelings and was not one of this girls who can only complain or scream "hentai hentai hentai" when *THEY* run into the mens showers with only a towel wrapped around or something like that. That one scene with the womens changing room was one of the best of AoE actually, because of the way the characters behaved.

It all started to go downhill with the appearence of their fake father, maybe earlier. Random changes, new characters appearing and vanishing, the whole Satan story (i really hoped they had showed him only pretending to love Rin and Yukios mother etc., instead of it being the real deal. It's Satan, common. They could have developed their own villian who turns out to be good, or used someone else, but why use Satan, of all things?

Also, i didn't like that whole Gehenna gate design. It didn't look fitting. Especially when it started flying and shooting lasers, but i didn't like how it was drawn itself.

And Mephisto is really weird, too. They managed to involve him and Amaimon in the plot without actually changing anything through this. And that random scene with that old man..just to make him remember something?

And that they decided to have "baldy" jump in to the rescue, only to have him doing two attacks that did nothing and then only reappearing when he is leaving again?

Overall, they managed to mess up a lot. And thats without knowing anything about the manga. Straying from the manga doesn't have to be bad, you need to shorten things and cut anyways, just like life-action movies do when they are based on books. Peter Jacksons Lord of the Rings surely did leave out more things from the source then any anime ever managed do to, and still it was awesome. But why stop staying close to the manga, when you have no idea what you want to do instead?

And t the ending felt like they all forgot about what happend. They fought Satan and got away, Rin may not have 40 years of experience yet, but he dealt with dangerous demons on his own before, and now theres the usual team of exorcists, Yukio, Shura and Rin (including his familar cat) and they still have trouble?

Well, maybe the movie will clean up with some things, especially regarding Mephisto.
Oct 2, 2011 5:02 PM
Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
yah i will enver undertand why people cnat accept that the anime differentiating form the manga s good, hell the stuff that happened recently int he anime is 10 times better than whas going on in the mnaga right now cause the manga is DULL AS FUCK

I repeat:

No one would give a shit about an original plot if it didn't suck balls.
Oct 2, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2010
loved it!! :D:D the episode and the whole anime and that phoenix was awesome! :D have to read the manga now and see how things go on :P:P
Oct 2, 2011 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
What I dont get, is why when there mother was talking to satan after he failed, why she wasn't mad at him for how he went about fufilling that dream... Thats seriously how she envisioned it going? demons coming out and eating the humans without a care in the world?... ok then..

And shouldn't Rin be a higher level exorcist now?... he freaking fought against the gate as well as the paladin did, when he only had the like 3 weeks of sword training...
Oct 2, 2011 6:02 PM

Apr 2011
Highly divisive episode I see! Half the people seemed to love the series, the other half loathed it as either a cliche shonen or a betrayal of the manga (or both). Personally I fall into the former, don't really see why the other camp hates it so but ah well. I loved the series and thought it was a badass finale, much better than the ending to Dantalian (the last finale I watched).

AAA finally did something! He turned out to be pretty badass, surprising considering how easily he's gotten defeated in his previous appearances. I guess he's like Uryuu, specializes in taking down hordes of weak enemies very efficiently, but struggles to produce much force on a single point.

I didn't see any ads for the movie, only mameshiba ... I look forward to waiting two years or so for subs, like I did the Bleach Hell movie. :/ Ah well, at least I know more Rin and Yukio and the rest is coming down the pipeline, and dont just have to hope for good enough sales to encourage a second series (of whatever kind)

5/5, series get 9/10 and is being archived. :D
Oct 2, 2011 6:09 PM

Jun 2011
The ending... well, I would've been totally satisfied if Assiah and Gehenna did merge.

Overall, I liked the series, but it lost a couple points for the ending.
Oct 2, 2011 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
Decent anime with a shitty end.
Oct 2, 2011 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
Mameshiba everywhere (gg).
Well an ok ending, I think... openings are the best :P
7/10
Oct 2, 2011 6:15 PM

Jul 2011
Decent ending. The music made it 2-3x better though. :)
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.