MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mind Game Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mind Game »» Mind Game Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Mind Game Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

70 76.09%
4 out of 5: Liked it

13 14.13%
3 out of 5: It was OK

5 5.43%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 2.17%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 2.17%
Voters: 92

07-22-08, 3:34 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Probably one of the most heart-pumping and visceral climaxes to an anime ever.

It reminded me of other obscure Japanese movies like Survive Style 5+, etc.

Just dont tell me the whole thing was dreamt up by the yakuza in the car though. I got kinda confused towards the end there.

I also have to disagree with the current MAL reviews for this show that say you shouldnt take it seriously. The fact that live action cult movies immediately come to my mind rather than any anime says a lot about Studio 4C's work here. There is tons of ambition on display in Mind Game, a lot of metaphor and subtext that can be missed while you're too busy laughing at the crazy shit going on.

The incident in the food establishment is purely for laughs, but the whole section inside the wale is really compelling and thought-provoking, and man...that rush outwards is one for the books. I think you can look at it literally if you want, but I saw it more as a thematic rush past the various obstacles and scenery of 21st century living, as Nishi races over various forms of transport and through a freakin' office building, haha.

I love Studio 4C.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

07-22-08, 3:36 PM

Easily a 10/10 from me, probably my all-time favorite animated movie.

You should check out Kemonozume, directed by the same and equally as great if not better.

12-18-08, 3:13 PM

1/10, Just so happens this is the worst anime I have ever seen.

02-16-09, 6:17 AM
Anime Moderator
wow! that was really great!! 10/10
this is why i watch anime.

04-08-09, 3:55 PM

Cihan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Probably one of the most heart-pumping and visceral climaxes to an anime ever.

It reminded me of other obscure Japanese movies like Survive Style 5+, etc.

Just dont tell me the whole thing was dreamt up by the yakuza in the car though. I got kinda confused towards the end there.

I also have to disagree with the current MAL reviews for this show that say you shouldnt take it seriously. The fact that live action cult movies immediately come to my mind rather than any anime says a lot about Studio 4C's work here. There is tons of ambition on display in Mind Game, a lot of metaphor and subtext that can be missed while you're too busy laughing at the crazy shit going on.

The incident in the food establishment is purely for laughs, but the whole section inside the wale is really compelling and thought-provoking, and man...that rush outwards is one for the books. I think you can look at it literally if you want, but I saw it more as a thematic rush past the various obstacles and scenery of 21st century living, as Nishi races over various forms of transport and through a freakin' office building, haha.

I love Studio 4C.

Fucking masterpiece, really.

04-12-09, 9:06 PM

Yeah how can you not take this seriously...well I mean in a different way, seriously...

Fucking masterpiece like everyone else said (except the 1/10 guy who I can't understand/don't feel like putting down since this thread is ollld).

I'm going to rewatch it like 5 times until I get all the metaphors/pictures in my head. I rarely can enjoy a movie on the second go but it was like the exact same experience/euphoria type thing.
Modified by hznu, 04-12-09, 9:10 PM

06-09-09, 6:25 PM

There is so much going on this film it's impossible to understand it entirely the first time you watch it. Awesome.

08-14-09, 5:30 PM

Mind game is a fcking awesome movie one of the best anime movies ive seen.

08-25-09, 5:11 AM

Honestly, this movie was a 'wtf' fest for me.

I can't tell if I liked it or not.

11-19-09, 5:24 AM

Me and my two friends were at the edge of our seats during the whale escape. When the milk thing happened, we screamed "YEAAAAAH!" in unison, it was fantastic.

No other anime has had this effect on me. 10/10.

11-20-09, 1:17 PM

7/10 the dancing scene was tormenting.

12-02-09, 1:51 AM

I guess this proves that they smoke weed in Japan too.

I did love the fact that his visualization of God kept changing because his mind had no grasp of what God really looks like.

But it just got boring in the middle and just could not make up for it by the end of it.

02-28-10, 11:22 AM

I've gotta say that was one of the most heart-pounding experiences I've ever had watching an anime. The climatic scene was phenomenal. I've never seen anything like it. What a fantastic film.
Like Japanese films? Swing by the Cinema of Japan club! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

04-21-10, 10:35 PM

LOVED THIS SHIT.
Wow, that was one of the weirdest, best movies I've ever seen.

04-25-10, 9:23 PM

This was a great film. It took a not-so-original message and loaded it with other themes and motiffs, wrapped it up in a surreal, stream-of-consciousness type story, and it all worked. Really good stuff.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

05-21-10, 3:07 PM

There aren't words to describe the awesomeness present in this movie

Join my club: The Walking Dead

05-27-10, 1:54 PM

The amazing ending run instantly bumped this movie up to one of my favourite anime movies ever.

05-28-10, 5:45 AM

fucking

09-15-10, 5:28 PM

For some reason, I wasn't quite wowed by the first 30 minutes of the movie, but from Nishi dodging being killed onwards it was one of the most mesmerizing and entertaining anime experiences that I've ever had. The scene when the had escaped from the whale and that track that emphasized the movie's message left me breathless.

My favorite work by Masaaki.
My OTP

Kihel:"from Dianna Soreil to Dianna Soreil."
Dianna: "from Kihel Heim to Kihel Heim."

11-16-10, 5:52 AM

Woah this movie was cool. A mind game indeed.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices