Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2008 1:57 PM
Apr 2008
I have to say, holy hell.

Watched it just now, and damn. This movie is the first thing that really made me wish I could rate it with 11.

I didn't read the book, but reading that they managed to stick close to the source makes me happy anyway. More to look forward to when I finally get my hands on the book.
Jul 24, 2008 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
Best movie of this series yet, no doubt. As usual, great animation and good music. The story on this one was awesome as well. Gets a 9/10 from me.

Jul 24, 2008 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
I agree.

This was the best one so far and this time it deserves the 9 without any second thoughts. I won't give the 10, though, because I didn't enjoy it like I would enjoy a 10.

Splatter, blood and brutality is not my thing. But I have to say it fits this series somehow. It's done a bit like some sort of weird art and I am not really disturbed by it as I normally am. I don't say I enjoy it, but I think it seems to be necessary for this anime.

The opening scene and some of the detailed murders were really of a degree that I would have never expected from an anime. But they were made in an intelligent way adding to the overall mood of this black show.
I can't really believe, though that everyone still protected that Keita guy after everything he did. o_O

Kotomi did a good voice acting job again. Interesting choice. Very good.
Fujino really managed to find a spot in my heart and Shiki & Kokuto were amazing like always.

Art was awesome like always.
Jul 24, 2008 9:09 PM

Jan 2007
omg, that was so awesome. I was thoroughly impressed with this installment. Mamiko Noto did a fabulous job with Fujino. Definitely my fave so far. 8/10
Jul 24, 2008 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
So far the best of the 3 movies that has already been released in the series at least 9/10 for me.

Jul 24, 2008 10:54 PM

Dec 2007
These movies are certainly top notch in terms of quality, animation, and soundtrack. I thought the murder scenes and the unexpected rape scene did well in contributing and fitting to the movie's mood and Fujino's character. Shiki was awesome as well.

Oh and love the little shorts in the beginnning when they are in a theatre. Next movie looks great too.
Jul 25, 2008 2:39 AM

Nov 2007
I have nothing of note to add, so I'll just say two things:

Best KnK movie so far.

Noto Mamiko = <3
Jul 25, 2008 7:33 AM

Jun 2007
haha, tohsaka smoking... that made me lol.. specially those chocolate cigarettes xD

well, as for the movie, it was great. Noto did a great job as Fujino, and Fujino's character grew greatly on me. everything was great, once again. the animation was fluent, the BGM was awesome, the story was just really good.

i didn't really expect those rape scenes... but i guess it was inevitable to understanding the thinking inside fujino's head... imo, it was the best choice they could have done (the worst being changing the facts from the novel, and erasing the scenes.... which would be bad since... well, we wouldn't understand fujino as well)

i gotta say, i was completely happy at the end when shiki said that she only killed fujino's pain. i was pretty sad seeing fujino die slowly, and in pain. also, its good that they finally explain what happened to shiki's arm... it made me think "ahh, so thats what happened... interesting"

rain effects = godly
fujino's mental powers = godly
shiki's tsundereness (is it?) = godly

and we even got to see azaka in this movie... 10/10
Jul 25, 2008 10:08 AM

Feb 2008
lol ive never seen anyone smile at someone else's murderous intent towards them haha. good show, gracefully designed.
Jul 25, 2008 9:55 PM

Aug 2007
Amazing. :D

I really enjoyed this one (not that I didn't enjoy the others), though the beginning really was kind of... shocking? At first I thought that there was some major necrophilia going on, then when I realized that it was rape... >:O
But I understand that it was needed.

Once again KnK delivers absolutely amazing animation and an orgasmic OST.

I really want to play some more Tsukihime now (that's for you dumbasatri).

10/10 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 25, 2008 10:39 PM

Mar 2008
every time i watch a KnK movie, i cant help but have the feeling that what im watching is truly art. while this episode proves that the series is definitely not for kids, whoever is directing these movies is really something. the voice acting, the music, the (incredible) visuals, the script, it all comes together in a way that could (and should) be described as perfect. the next one cant come soon enough.

also, Shiki's smile at the end just nailed me.

also, i love you WinterNightsFall
Jul 25, 2008 11:30 PM

Apr 2007
Forever said:

I can't really believe, though that everyone still protected that Keita guy after everything he did. o_O

Only because that's the kind of person Kokuto is. Despite his ill feelings toward the rapist, he doesn't want to see anyone die. I don't think anybody else besides Kokuto actually gave a shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2008 5:54 AM

Apr 2007
WinterNightsFall said:

At first I thought that there was some major necrophilia going on, then when I realized that it was rape... >:O

Lol, me too XD.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Definetley, 100%, this has been the best movie out of the three so far, BY FAR.

Seriously, by the end I was like... HOLY SHIT THIS AWESOMNESS I HAVE JUST UNCOVERED. And instantly imputed a 10/10, however, I will have to lower that to a 9/10 now that the unbelievable awesomness has settled down in me. Fujino and Shiki are so going into my semi-favorite characters list.

Animation= 10/10
Story= 10/10
Voice Acting=10/10
Music=8/10 (I have to admit... I never noticed any background music as I was totally into the story, so since I didn't capture anything, its either because I was totally into the story or the music simply wasn't good enough for it to divert me from the story. So 8/10 here).
Enjoyment=9/10 (Although the 2nd half was a definite 10/10, the first half was a 8.5)

So overall I have to give an 9/10. I cannot wait for the next movie. Will probably re-watch this one sometime to re-live the awesomness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2008 5:11 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome.
Jul 28, 2008 3:36 PM

Mar 2008
Brilliant. I can't wait until the next one when they explain more about Shiki.
Aug 2, 2008 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
Gaia said:

so ...
when's the next one coming out?
i think this time it'll take longer than "just" one month....
=(
Aug 2, 2008 1:43 PM

Mar 2007
Guybrush said:
Gaia said:

so ...
=(

A release date for the DVD haven't been annouced yet, so we may have to wait for a couple of months again.
Aug 10, 2008 1:27 PM

Jul 2007
Sobzob said:
Guybrush said:
Gaia said:

so ...
=(

A release date for the DVD haven't been annouced yet, so we may have to wait for a couple of months again.

guess so...
what a crual world...
Aug 12, 2008 7:15 AM

Apr 2007
best out of the 3 :)
Aug 12, 2008 8:30 AM
Apr 2008
cyruz said:
When I see things like what Keita and his gang did animated, it makes me want to puke and chop some heads off. It's an important story element, I realize that but if you seriously think that's cool, you are better off dead.

That's the only reason I'm not giving this a 10. The rest was amazing as always.

I agree. ;-; It wasn't a good way to start the movie, either.
Aug 12, 2008 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
Purple_Grenadier said:
cyruz said:
When I see things like what Keita and his gang did animated, it makes me want to puke and chop some heads off. It's an important story element, I realize that but if you seriously think that's cool, you are better off dead.

That's the only reason I'm not giving this a 10. The rest was amazing as always.

I agree. ;-; It wasn't a good way to start the movie, either.

It may seem sick whan ppl say things like that are awesome but u cant blame the movie for that. It was the only way they could have started the movie becouse they wanted to stick to the original material and it was necessary to explain Fujino's mental state.
Aug 14, 2008 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
My god, I cried.

...Fujino. T_T
Aug 18, 2008 5:58 PM
Oct 2007
hey, does anyone know if any fansubbers did the 4th or 5th one yet?
Aug 18, 2008 6:40 PM

Feb 2008
AznGFXboy said:
hey, does anyone know if any fansubbers did the 4th or 5th one yet?

The DVD of 4th and 5th one haven't been released yet. I'm planning to go all the way to Osaka and watch the 5th one in the theater. People are praising 5th to the skies, so I can't wait for the DVD.
Aug 21, 2008 9:47 PM

May 2007
That was a great movie. The music was almost as good as Fukan Fuukei. The plot was great, it kept me intrigued throughout the entire movie. The animation throughout the thing, especially during the end, was amazing.

9/10
Aug 22, 2008 9:57 AM

Jul 2008
I've only seen the opening part, it made me feel so bad for fujino,
did anyone feel bad for those guys when they got torn apart elfen lied style?
R_asukaAug 22, 2008 10:21 AM

Sep 6, 2008 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
Really, the best of the three so far. But it gets a 9/10 from me, mainly because I'm not happy that they guy who raped Fujino wasn't killed as well.
Fujino never got to kill him ;__;

But I'm happy Fujino didn't die.
Oct 24, 2008 10:27 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome and stunning movie! The story was so powerful, and the quality and animation are amazing. The rest was amazing as always. It has strong details as it doesn’t have any bad point about the movie at all. It kept me hooked throughout the entire movie. I felt that the audio is somewhat weak because I hardly hear the sound from my headphone. The music is good enough, at least. The OST is the best one for sure. I loved that scene where Shiki's smile at the end. I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm more interested in Shiki's accident.
Nov 3, 2008 12:03 AM
Jul 2008
I've loved this movie more then the past two.
It feels like the story is pulling me more inside, and makes me want to see the next one.
Dec 1, 2008 11:28 PM
Mar 2008
That was great, can't wait for the others to release. After all of that it was a happy ending lol. Wonder if Zhange chan I mean Sakura... I mean Fujino will show up again.
Dec 10, 2008 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
This was just awesome. The other 2 movies were already exceptionally good, but this one tops it.

I'm so glad that Fujino didn't die.
Jan 15, 2009 12:46 AM

Aug 2007
Best out of the 3 shown so far hands down. I can't believe that I put off watching this for so long because of the rather lackluster showing of the first two. It's great that we got a happy end of sorts with Fujino's survival, poor girl. Great chemistry between Shiki and Kokouto but smiling when you say you feel like killing the guy is just creepy...

Gets a 10 from me.

BTW, Shiki's magan is just hax! xD
Feb 2, 2009 9:49 PM

Sep 2007
It had fewer glaring flaws than the first two. Not like that's hard, but I'll admit it was enjoyable, at least.

I lol'd when Shiki didn't take the photos at the beginning of the movie. "When we see each other, we'll know. And we'll try to kill each other." Yes, because that happens all the freaking time. Serial killers pass each other on the street, sense the killer intent in the other person, and then suddenly pull knives and begin a fight to the death.

The immunity to pain thing wasn't well explained, either. Was she born with it? Because that's what I would have thought from the scene where she cut herself playing with dolls, but then they went and said that it wasn't congenital. And I don't think they ever said exactly how she got it, after that. Something about the fact that they wanted to repress her abilities? By reducing her immunity to pain...? Whatever. It's not that important.

This episode felt kind of like something you'd see from the mystery genre. There were way too many random coincidences for me to give it a high rating (the killer was someone Shiki randomly ran into, and also happened to be childhood friends with Kokuto, and also meets Kokuto on the street later on, etc). But it deserves a 6/10.
Feb 10, 2009 3:51 AM

Dec 2008
shocking, disturbing... breathtaking, fascinating.

i feel for her, i would have actually said the same things as Kokuto did.

but iam curious about what happend to her after she was hospitalized? i somewhat believe that Kokuto(&Azaka) is visiting her regularly, because what she needs atm are people who care about her...
Feb 14, 2009 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
Another awesome movie. The soundtrack was great as usual. I think the story was far better than the previous ones and I could feel some drama in it. I'm also glad they started to explain those mysterious powers. However I think I start to get bored with the art.
Feb 15, 2009 7:30 PM

Nov 2007
Unlike the previous two installments, I actually enjoyed this movie. However I still find the characters just plain dull. Infact I don't think I've ever felt so little for a rape victim, was I suppose to care that Shiki let her live?

Overall 6/10 - overrated but still enjoyable.
Mar 23, 2009 2:27 PM

Apr 2007
woa, amazing.

also, shiki smiling <3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 28, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
Asagami Fujino is a poor girl but her powers resemble that of the kira technique, quite interesting...

So.. That is how Shiki got a bio-mechanical arm?

Next episode..

Apr 4, 2009 1:10 AM

May 2008
Oh God, I was so worried she was going to die and it was going to end with a bad end.
I was flipping out there at the end where she started bleeding to death, not wanting to accept all signs pointing to that she was going to die. And then when Shiki finally stabbed her, I literally yelled out.

And then, I cried at the ending credits. Thank you for the good ending.;_;

Yes, she's a murderer. But there are just some cases, just like with Shiki, that you can feel sorry for a murderer and not want them to die.

I still liked the last one better though. 9/10.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
May 27, 2009 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
I don't want her to die, but her being a maniac of killing for revenge wants me to let her die. But she doesn't really deserve it after what THEY'VE done to her. As Kokutou said, she wouldn't be killing anybody if no gang-rape have ever happened to her, or atleast he had accompanied her that time, preventing the gang-rape...

But oh well, it's good that she didn't die. And that ability of Fujino kinda reminded me of Elfen Lied, haha! Killing by twisting the limbs or taking the guts off of a human by not really touching them... Hahaha! XD

Anyways, this is is the best Ryokkai movie so far!

---- Fujino -> Noto Mamiko is pure win!!!

And that smile of SHIKI at the end really stroke my heart!!! :3
May 28, 2009 11:37 PM

Oct 2007
babykeiji said:

And that smile of SHIKI at the end really stroke my heart!!! :3

Epic win

That's a beautiful smile

I love this part. It was great. :)
Jul 17, 2009 10:10 PM
May 2008
Very nice movie and the way most of the scenes were handled was excellent. It had the perfect balance of being graphic but not to the point where it appears that was the whole point of the scene... or in other words it wasn't just a "shock value" scene. Absolutely beautiful movie and series... and with each movie they continue to exceed my expectations. 9/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 3, 2009 12:23 AM

Dec 2008
In the first seconds of this episode I felt like knocked over by a truck

but one question came to my mind.
why had Fujino not killed the guys before she was getting raped by them,was it ok for her or something like that?
I don't really get it.

Shiki and Touko were really uncaring
Shiki didn't care about her arm , and Touko made ironic comments about the girl who was hit with the baseballbat.
Aug 4, 2009 7:05 AM

Sep 2008
10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights
2% - Rape scenes (This is the only KnK movie with this great feature! Makes you want to watch it all the more doesn't it?)
17% - Credits + Next movie preview
70% - Boring silence during which absolutely nothing happens and makes me fall asleep.
Aug 9, 2009 4:03 AM

Jul 2007
5layer said:
10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights
2% - Rape scenes (This is the only KnK movie with this great feature! Makes you want to watch it all the more doesn't it?)
70% - Boring silence during which absolutely nothing happens and makes me fall asleep.

I Just LOL'd

Obvious troll is obvious...

oh well, higurashitards....
Aug 13, 2009 4:18 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
5layer said:
10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights

I Just LOL'd

Obvious troll is obvious...

oh well, higurashitards....
Sorry that I stated the obvious and hurt your feelings.
Aug 13, 2009 4:48 PM

May 2009
Can't really blame Fujino... God, I wanted to kill those bastards too. Grrr.
Aug 18, 2009 6:29 PM

May 2009
the best out of all the movies!
Aug 29, 2009 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
Really enjoyed this movie far more than the others. Gritty, violent, and more than a little disturbing, this movie was well worth watching.

The characters aren't exactly likable, but that isn't really the intention to begin with. So far, Shiki would probably be my favorite because of how cold and.. well, badass she is. Fujino was a very effective character and it was certainly a wise move to focus most of the movie on her. But, no one else really stands out.

The music was good but I can't really come up with anything that stood out off the top of my head, but I do know it set the mood well.

Overall i'd say this is an 8/10 movie
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 1, 2009 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Very nice movie, this time not so calm like the other parts, there was more action here.
The most violent KnK till now, but not the best one, IMHO, I liked the second one more because of the psychological aspect.
But it's still a very good movie, plus, the ending was quite nice, so I'm thinking about 8-9/10^^
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.