Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2008 3:43 PM
Dec 2007
Best episode since the beginning of the series. We finally see more of CC and Charles' pasts and understand what is truly Geass... now the only thing left is the development of the scenario on a new basis (oh and Schneizel found some mega-powerful weapon that will change the war too) ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 20, 2008 3:44 PM

Dec 2007
didnt read the whole thread, but it seems many ppl are woundering why VV died. at first VV had the power to heal all wounds (never die) but then he got beat up by lulu and viletta and it took some time to heal all his wounds. Charles took VV's power before he had completely healed and therefore he died of the injuries he had from before, i think ;)..
i also think that Lulu "granted" CC's wish and then she "died" as in returning to the state she was in before getting the Geass and that would mean lulu now has the same power as the emperor. because her real wish was to be truly loved, as you can see in the flashback, and it seems lulu really loved her. as for CC regaining her memories, hmm.. no speculations yet
Jul 20, 2008 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
wow...lots of stuff got upset in that episode. V.V. is dead, C.C. reset (noooo...maybe?), Nina succeeded in making the first nuclear weapon in the CG universe, Villeta and Ohgi are probably dead, and Suzaku battles with himself. next episode looks back to the normal stuff, which is nice since the last 3 episodes have been hard to watch for me :(
Jul 20, 2008 3:59 PM

Dec 2007
Fai said:
So ep 15

Summary:

Ok.... Mindrack ep is Mindfrack x_X

Speculations after I get back to "sane" world X_X

You are now my new hero.
By the way, I love how nobody calls Suckaku his real name. xD HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT. >E

That was a weird episode. o_o And I already knew that Charles wasn't dead, that was plainly obvious.
AND OMG. NINA MADE SOMETHING WORK FOR ONCE IN HER PATHETIC LIFE. >O
Jul 20, 2008 4:03 PM

Dec 2007
I bet C.C. gets her memory back if Lulu kisses her.
Just like she did with him.
But I dont knoooow.

i need your love, i'm a broken rose.
Jul 20, 2008 4:07 PM

Sep 2007
wtf just happened? I have to watch this ep again when im fully awake cuz nothing registered right now.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Jul 20, 2008 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
"Are you my new master?"
My reaction: Hell Yes!
Jul 20, 2008 4:24 PM

Feb 2008
When they put all of this together, it's either gonna be amazing, or it's gonna royally suck.

And I'm a little bit freaked out by new C.C. They turned her into Shirley...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 4:25 PM

Sep 2007
CC sounds... kind of annoying now with her squeaky innocent clueless personality.
Jul 20, 2008 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
that was an amazing episode.

finally we now about c.c past.

it would be crazy if lelouch got the immortal power

Jul 20, 2008 4:36 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome episode! wonder how far my mind will bend before it will break :D Especially after reading all the posts, its just way too much information to process. I'll just watch it again and pray this week passes quickly :)
Jul 20, 2008 4:59 PM
Jun 2007
My brain is in a mistified state of confusion

the way i see it now... Either Lulu's gotta kill C.C to be on the same level as his Dad or they magically find a different way to kill an immortal.

Of course i left out all the details and what i expect really happened but yeah... that's because im still confused of what the hell happened in this episode ; /
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 5:01 PM

May 2008
Nice epi!!!! Call it an EPIC!!!!

Jul 20, 2008 5:09 PM

Oct 2007
I don’t know what to say… This episode was so erratic that it confused the hell out of me. I could only grasp some of the major developments that just sprung out of no where and it was interesting finally learning something more about C.C. but what’s gonna happen, now that C.C. has lost her memories? ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
rybar120 said:
My brain is in a mistified state of confusion

the way i see it now... Either Lulu's gotta kill C.C to be on the same level as his Dad or they magically find a different way to kill an immortal.

Of course i left out all the details and what i expect really happened but yeah... that's because im still confused of what the hell happened in this episode ; /

I hear ya there. I'm not even honestly sure what to think after that, I mean, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it seems the mystery behind this entire show is simply... One answer, only opens up another 5 questions.

Did C.C.'s true with "come true" with Lelouch protecting her with a form of love, thus reverting her to a slightly passable human being, but giving Lelouch SSJ Geass?

Was it really a nuke Nina created? Taking a closer look at the diagram in the lower right, it follows the order of Expansion --> Reduction --> Vanished. Not entirely sure what she created. Nonetheless, her worthless existence may finally have some worth! ...maybe she'll get caught in the explosion of whatever this is when it's actually used! Here's to hoping!

Where does Schneizel come into all of this? He's seemed virtually nonexistant for the past few episodes since chess match of win and randomly appears out of nowhere after conversing with Nunally (who definitely laid the smackdown on Romeyer).

Is Ohgi dead, and what's the deal with Sayako v. Viletta? There wasn't really any need for ninja mode.

Suzaku seems to be showing some form of humanity, before allowing himself to stoop to what he believes are Lelouch's levels.

And of course, where is Charles after having that entire world implode upon him? I mean, does he still have a way out, or is he stuck there for eternity considering he's immortal now. And what exactly WAS that other mask(maybe I missed this one), considering it's in the OP, it'll find it's way back into the show at some point, I'd imagine.

In the end, the easiest thing to say is sit back, and enjoy the ride, but where's the fun in that?
BakayaroJul 20, 2008 5:31 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jul 20, 2008 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
This episode is awsome, i don't get it at all... need to watch again

Hellmonkey said:
"Are you my new master?"
My reaction: Hell Yes!

same here xD i felt down from my chair after this question.

Jul 20, 2008 5:38 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome episode! Totally worthy of Lulu's reaction when he thought he took out Charles:
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I Hate Suzaku. And that Idiot Nina had better not be doing something stupid. Like she always is. So, I'd say chances are good that Lulu needs to just do away with her already. Saw Ohgi's dive coming, aw how sweet!

I screamed a lot. Scream-worthy ep.
Jul 20, 2008 6:04 PM

Nov 2007
kinda underwhelming for lelouch vs charles for the first time. charles just killed his precious brother just like that and let's lelouch get away? no answers this episode just more questions just like always. glad kallen didn't get refrained but when is lelouch going to save her like he promised? shouldn't he focus on that soon? wonder why Sayoko attacked Viletta like that after working with her and rolo.

oh and when lelouch was fighting charles when he hit that button I was so hoping rolo was going to die lol.
Jul 20, 2008 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode, mostly thanks to the C.C. past + Lulu and C.C. moments. Not everyone will agree, of course, but it felt pretty shippery to me, with C.C. protecting Lulu and him stopping her from dying. At the least, it assuages my fears that the care they obviously have for each other was being written out of the plot -- I don't need romance, but don't take away their fun relationship of acting cold but truly caring more than they show! I'm not sure how the future scenario with C.C.'s memory loss will play out (other than calling Lulu "master" and acting moe O.o), but I've no doubt she'll get her memory back.

Also, some nice plot reveals about the true nature of the geass contract and Charles and V.V.'s relationship -- mysteries are finally being decoded, and with only 10 episodes left ... well, yes, please.

Finally, Nunally rocked this episode ^_^

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Jul 20, 2008 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
absolute insanity so is Charles a contracter now?
Jul 20, 2008 6:35 PM

Jul 2007
Whoa! what an episode!
The series just keeps getting crazier and crazier,
I can't believe C.C lost her memories D:

Jul 20, 2008 6:46 PM

Aug 2007
They keep speeding along now, so many things are happening so fast right now. It was a very good episode, Im looking forward to the next. It looks like Zero is once again at a technological disadvantage now that Shinizel has the bomb.
Jul 20, 2008 6:47 PM

Jun 2008
great episode lots of story in it, might have to watch it again just to catch the small stuff
Jul 20, 2008 6:50 PM

Feb 2008
I think I will die from these cliffhangers.

13: shirley dies
15: c.c. lost her memories
and now what ?!
17: nunnally gets her vision back ?!?!

but that was a close betrayal from c.c., if it were I don't know what to do
I still have this anger from rolo's betrayal gggrrrhh

ah hah~~ I'm so excited, how Lelouch will treat CC in the next episodes...

CLAMP, please dont end Code Geass at this season, let there be a third season
mflatischlerJul 20, 2008 7:06 PM
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Jul 20, 2008 6:51 PM

Nov 2007
brazan90 said:
didnt read the whole thread, but it seems many ppl are woundering why VV died. at first VV had the power to heal all wounds (never die) but then he got beat up by lulu and viletta and it took some time to heal all his wounds. Charles took VV's power before he had completely healed and therefore he died of the injuries he had from before, i think ;)..
i also think that Lulu "granted" CC's wish and then she "died" as in returning to the state she was in before getting the Geass and that would mean lulu now has the same power as the emperor. because her real wish was to be truly loved, as you can see in the flashback, and it seems lulu really loved her. as for CC regaining her memories, hmm.. no speculations yet

This is also how I interpreted what went down, really enjoyed this episode, as I've been waiting for this part of the back story for basically the entire series, the last couple episodes have been great imo, as I didn't really like how things were going at the start of the season. I'm gonna give it a re-watch right now to clear my head a little.

Edit: I thought about it some more, and for "die" I think that just by taking the code, or having received it, whoever had it would no longer be immortal, so the ability of the one who has the contract/geass is to take on the code/return mortality to the "witch", not necessarily to kill them outright, but grant them the ability to die again by taking on the immortality mantle (code).
MEGATRONJul 20, 2008 7:35 PM
Jul 20, 2008 6:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:

If it was CLAMP series

OMG, you made me laugh so hard!!! especially the "stab his eye" part!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 20, 2008 7:09 PM

Apr 2008
Okay, so from what I understand:

V.V. originally made a pact with Charles a long long long time ago. Now Charles has killed V.V. to obtain immortality.

Lelouch sees C.C.'s memories. It seems that the "AI C.C." doesn't recognize Lelouch, since he is still in the present, and not part of C.C.'s past yet.

Now here comes the confusing part for me.
1) I thought only the person who makes the pact can kill the immortal other. How would Charles be able to kill C.C.?
2) When Lelouch destroys the Sword of Akasha, there was that gray flash of images. Then C.C. loses her memories afterwards. What's up with that?

Edit:
MEGATRON said:
brazan90 said:

This is also how I interpreted what went down, really enjoyed this episode, as I've been waiting for this part of the back story for basically the entire series, the last couple episodes have been great imo, as I didn't really like how things were going at the start of the season. I'm gonna give it a re-watch right now to clear my head a little.

Ooh, nice way of thinking about it. That makes sense. Except this means C.C. is a grown woman with the mentality of a 7 year old. D:
gdavge2003Jul 20, 2008 7:13 PM
Jul 20, 2008 7:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
mflatischler said:
I think I will die from these cliffhangers.

13: shirley dies
15: c.c. lost her memories
and now what ?!
17: nunnally gets her vision back ?!?!

but that was a close betrayal from c.c., if it were I don't know what to do
I still have this anger from rolo's betrayal gggrrrhh

ah hah~~ I'm so excited, how Lelouch will treat CC in the next episodes...

CLAMP, please dont end Code Geass at this season, let there be a third season

Once again, CLAMP has NOTHING to do with the plotline. Sunrise is behind everything. All CLAMP does is the character design...

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 20, 2008 7:22 PM

May 2008
Wow, this episode was all over the place. It felt like it was moving quite quickly. It's not really a bad thing, but I can't keep up with it xDD It would've been nice if Lelouch could've seen C.C.'s memories of his mother, though, before she died or lost her memories or whatever happened to her.
Jul 20, 2008 7:26 PM

Feb 2008
What's with the Marianne/CC plot everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?? (seems likely considering the super-sonic speed this ep moved at)

whatever...maybe I'll be able to process all of this after a nap or something, lol
Jul 20, 2008 7:38 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
sanjica said:
When they put all of this together, it's either gonna be amazing, or it's gonna royally suck.

And I'm a little bit freaked out by new C.C. They turned her into Shirley...
QFT.

This episode was good, but I came away feeling like I a lot happened, but absolutely nothing happened, all at the same time... I wonder if I shouldn't have just waited, and then marathoned this season like I did the last one.

Fai said:
If it was CLAMP series
Awesome xD
Jul 20, 2008 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
IncognitoOtaku said:
What's with the Marianne/CC plot everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?? (seems likely considering the super-sonic speed this ep moved at)

whatever...maybe I'll be able to process all of this after a nap or something, lol

Seeing as CC has been talking to "Marianne" in several scenes throughout both seasons, there is still more to reveal on CC.
Jul 20, 2008 8:17 PM

Jan 2008
This was an outstanding episode! Once I finished I was so tempted to just watch it again! Everything is really building up and it's only a matter of time before we find out how it all falls down. I have a feeling, the ending for this season will definitely be epic. Hopefully by that time, not all the characters will be dead or at lost of memory x)

I always find that whenever a "bad guy" becomes immortal, it's really just cheating. It's also the same as if you use Ghosts with swords in a battle <- I'm not making any sense am I? :)
Jul 20, 2008 8:27 PM

Apr 2008
This show its so freaking ridiculous with far too many plot twists than healthily recommended with a giant melting pot of tropes it aint funny.

Its so ridiculous its good!
Jul 20, 2008 8:41 PM

May 2008
K some questions were answered and a whole bunch of new questions arose...

From what i can tell we found out C.C. history and what the Geass really is.
And i believe a geass is immortality. and the only way to die is transferring your geass to someone else. so charles pact with V.V was completed and charles willing became immortal by taking V.V. dwindling life and C.C memories. I am guessing C.C. is Normal now and that is why her memories were reset. but her original plan was have Lelouch take her immortality. but then didn't want to push the pain on to him of what she went through...

So
Charles + V.V. code = Immortality
V.V. - Immortality = Dead
C.C. - Immortality = no Memories

Then theres Lelouch whos probably just as lost as we are. Kallen Saved from refrain by Suzaku learning his errors. Then Suzaku finds out Lelouch is Zero and Nunally says i run things here...

so
Lelouch + Events = Lost
Kallen - Refrain = Saved
Suzaku + Some sanity = Kallen Saved + Zero's Identity
Nunally + Palm reading = Smart Governor

so this is the sum of what i understand are main things from a epic episode 15
ill come back and post more as i understand more when i rewatch it.
Jul 20, 2008 8:47 PM

May 2008
tolkki said:
Darkreaper70 said:
No offense to the fans...but this is getting really dumb..
Too many things happening at once that it makes the story seem convoluted and stupid.
It's nothing quite like the first season which was much better imo. Season 2 just keeps jumping around waay too much and not sticking to one thing at a time.
This episode proved it. Too many things happening that I just gave up trying to understand what they were trying to accomplish.

Completely agree, the plot has just become a trainwreck at this point

then you are fools to not be able to understand, the plot of CG is very complex its an anime you cannot compare to others thats what makes it one of the best
Jul 20, 2008 8:49 PM

May 2007
C.C. MOE.
Jul 20, 2008 9:00 PM
Jun 2008
Gah. This episode was gloriously awesome. I, like a lot of people here, am somewhat confused as to Lulu current status. I'm hoping that he at least still has some type of Geass, since Geass-less Lulu is just nowhere near as fun.

Also, Nina has a nuke. This going to be big.

I have no idea how I'm going to function until next week. This show is uber-addictive.
Jul 20, 2008 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
Wow... that was unexpected.... C.C. like lost her memories... I seriously wanna know what will happen next ><"

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 9:11 PM

Aug 2007
ZoiQ said:
C.C. MOE.

'nuff said.

*melts*
Jul 20, 2008 9:12 PM

May 2008
Great episode! Certainly makes up for some of the other ones this season.

Also, full of great material for anime motivational posters.

Jul 20, 2008 9:16 PM
Dec 2007
Paki said:
Great episode! Certainly makes up for some of the other ones this season.

Also, full of great material for anime motivational posters.

Lmao, those are hilarious, I love the second one xD.

This episode contained some good rough mind fucking, just the way I like it ;D.
I'm also interested to see C.C. moe.
Jul 20, 2008 9:20 PM
Aug 2007
A VERY shocking episode...O.O but a very good episode none the less.

失去的愛情不能回來
Jul 20, 2008 9:23 PM

Oct 2007
Paki said:

lol, love this one.
Jul 20, 2008 9:38 PM

Jul 2008
gdavge2003 said:
Okay, so from what I understand:

V.V. originally made a pact with Charles a long long long time ago. Now Charles has killed V.V. to obtain immortality.

Lelouch sees C.C.'s memories. It seems that the "AI C.C." doesn't recognize Lelouch, since he is still in the present, and not part of C.C.'s past yet.

Now here comes the confusing part for me.
1) I thought only the person who makes the pact can kill the immortal other. How would Charles be able to kill C.C.?
2) When Lelouch destroys the Sword of Akasha, there was that gray flash of images. Then C.C. loses her memories afterwards. What's up with that?

Well to answer your first question Charles completed his pact with V.V. and now possesses the ultimate level of the Geass, so he can basically kill anyone, that's why he doesn't die.
For your second, I don't think those flashes have anything to do with her losing her memory. I'm thinking that Charles is responsible for that. From what we know as of now, C.C. no longer has her immortality, so Charles most likely got rid of that ( So C.C. will eventually die) we also know that Charles has the ability to rewrite memories, so that's probably what he did. Now that C.C. no longer has her abilities, she is now susceptible to Lelouch's Geass, and most likely gain her memories back. (Will they do it soon? That I doubt...)
Jul 20, 2008 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
---i hope Nina blows herself up with her nukes that would be funny
---cc better get her memories back, she was such a cool character but i'm afraid she'll just start getting annoying and lulu will be forced to 'discard' her
---viletta was already dodging those blades so ogi threw himself infront of them for nothing...he better survive
---why the hell has kallen been wearing that dress?? it's not like nunully can see her...
---poor little v.v he looked so pathetic just sitting there! ... wth was his purpose he died so easily, i'll take his code anyday
---the main question is...does lulu still have his geass? they better tell us nxt epi
Jul 20, 2008 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
Oh god, this episode is lame. Although we get to know more about C.C ...seriously, CC needs to die.
Jul 20, 2008 10:14 PM

Jan 2008
ephi said:
---i hope Nina blows herself up with her nukes that would be funny
---cc better get her memories back, she was such a cool character but i'm afraid she'll just start getting annoying and lulu will be forced to 'discard' her

Totally agree, Nina needs to be dealt with. Also agree with the cc thing, i wouldn't put it past lulu to get rid of her, and i really hope that doesn't happen. since there is still a good ten episodes left i'm sure somehow they will get back to her.

Cant wait for next weeks, a lot of shit is probably going to go down considering everything that happened this week.

Jul 20, 2008 10:15 PM

Oct 2007
its interesting to me that a girl who threatens to blow up her school is put in charge of Nuclear weapons research. amazing how forgiving the Brittanians are.

either way I haven't seen too many interesting things in this show since the bs Shirley episode.
Jul 20, 2008 10:54 PM

Jul 2008
This anime is now about magical girls.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.