Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 26, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is so awesome *_*. I never liked Rossiu, but now hes just plain being a dick.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 22, 2012 2:00 PM

Aug 2011
FUCK YOU ROSSIU, FUCK YOU!!!! I was still banking on him being a good guy for the last two episodes, BUT THIS IS JUST FUCKING TOO MUCH!!!! RAGE!!! And that Kittan/Kinon scene was magnificently done. STILL. FUCK YOU ROSSIU, YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Poor, poor Simon... First Nia, the love of his life, turns bad, and now he's fucking sentenced to death. Wonderful. Wish Kamina was here...

Seriously, I feel like this part after the time-skip is way better than the 1st part. 1st part I would rate maybe a 6 or a 7, this part right now is definitely a 9. We'll see what happens at the end, I guess.
Apr 18, 2012 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
Rossiu... dude... I agree, he needs to be shot. Wtf was with the OP dodging at the end too!? LOL

Hope Yoko appears soon. :(
May 4, 2012 11:59 PM

Mar 2012
Viral and Simon in jail should be very interesting xD

Ron continues to be creepy o_0

and Yoko needs to come back... like now! =(
Jun 25, 2012 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
I dislike rossiu for his methods and i hope he is doing this for the better and not being a power hungry asshole....his high and mighty attitude is very emmenant and that's what makes us dislike him
Jul 2, 2012 8:26 PM

Feb 2012
Rossiu really needs to die right now, I hate him so much.

Maybe some Viral and Simon team!? I HOPE SO! :D
Jul 12, 2012 2:27 AM

May 2012
windy said:
OH MY GOD I CAN'T CONTAIN MY ROSSIU HATRED. rofl.
I so wish Kittan would have landed one of those punches, damn.

Seems pretty hopeless as of now but we all know Simon'll pull through somehow :D

Next ep looks to be quite humorous as I'm pretty sure I saw half naked Viral kicking people in the preview. Hmmm.

ALSO the whole scene with Beamspam screwing with Lon was so effing funny, I was choking from laughter. The whole gay jokes with Gimmy thing was great too, that whole thing was great.
Jul 17, 2012 7:39 PM

Jul 2011
I liked Rossiu in the first arc, what the hell happened? I wanna punch him! And stupid Kinon. >:I

Prison buddy! :D
Jul 18, 2012 10:56 AM

Feb 2012
I think Rossiu has just become my favorite character. He truly lives the life he preaches. He was willing to sacrifice the person he cares the most about to ensure the greater survival of humanity, and I believe he would be willing to sacrifice himself if it is best option. He is the only person in the show who truly puts others before himself. I respect that because I understand that that is what a leader has to do. I don’t want to see my head of government sacrifice his people to fulfill a selfish wish, I expect them to govern or leave if they are unable to do so.
Aug 29, 2012 4:36 PM

May 2012
Sick episode, but fuck Rossiu is fucked up now, he should really get killed!

I do wonder what happens now!
Dec 7, 2012 11:22 AM

Feb 2011
OMG I WANNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF ROSSIU
Jan 6, 2013 8:56 PM
Jul 2012
I already hated Rossiu so that isn't anything new but now Kinon, I'm just disappointed. I'm pretty pissed off now because I kind of liked Kinon in the first half of the show and I really don't like to see a character I liked be with such a prick. I seriously hope that someone (preferably one of her siblings) talks some sense into her.
ohheyJan 7, 2013 3:23 AM
Jan 6, 2013 9:07 PM

Dec 2012
It seems the Gurren Lagann episode discussion thread has been bumped.

Yeah when I watched this episode I remember myself wanting to pummel Rossiu into the depths of hell.

Good old times... :')

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Jan 26, 2013 7:17 AM

Mar 2012
ROSSIU MUST DIE
I hate him so much. He needs to die die die die die
But yes it looks like everything is getting more interesting!
Can't wait to see what happens
Feb 4, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2012
Regardless of what anybody else says, Rossiu is still my favorite character. How about this, how about we wait until the end of the show before we make judgements on characters doing what is needed to be done? You guys probably thought Commisioner Gordern was a butthole because he had to hunt Batman and the end of The Dark Knight, didn't you?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Feb 18, 2013 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
I like the direction the show is going in. Will be very interesting to see how Simon gets out of this..possibly teaming up with Viral? And I was kinda hoping to see Yoko given the thing was attacking Littner village :(
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 15, 2013 10:15 AM

Nov 2008
Maybe Rossiu should've died 7 years ago. He seems so freaking conceited, okay like what some others have said, maybe we are judging too early but still, maybe he should've died.

I grew fond of Viral since a few eps back and i hope he'll team up with Simon or something. YOKO WHRU??
Mar 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2009
Rossiu turned into a super bastard now! He should have died instead of Kamina =/
I am sure most of Simon's friends will find a way to help him, hopefully Yoko will appear soon.
Mar 22, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode.
I wonder the moon really collided with Earth if there would be any depth that would protect mankind.
I don't think so.
Mar 25, 2013 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
lol rossiu.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 28, 2013 8:47 AM

Aug 2012
Damn this anime this is really awesome!!!!!!!!! It been a while since anime affects my emotion damn that rossiu I don't care what did he want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw...where did that yoko go??
Apr 27, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2009
Simon gets sentenced to death and Gurren Lagann is scrapped. Another great episode. Rossiu continues to be a meanie. The ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH! remix at the end was amazing. It also looks like Rossiu and Kinon have some sort of relationship growing.

The only real downside is that when they showed Littner I expected Yoko to show up.

5/5
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 19, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2013
A midst all the small talk about how interesting and how logical Rossiu's actions are...
Seriously, Fuck him.
I began watching this show from since this morning and believe me, I'm pissed.
I don't care how great a character he professes and shows to be, within all this B.S, he's a dick.

I hope someone kills him,
TyrelSep 13, 2014 12:23 PM
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jul 6, 2013 5:57 PM

Sep 2010
I still like Rossiu sure what he is doing to Simon is a douche move, but he is doing this for the sake of humanity. Wonder if Kinon will marry him in the end? xD

Look at whose Simon's prison buddy is. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 9, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2012
what rossiu doesn't realize, is that he's trying (trying; failing) to act logical in the TTGL universe.
it doesn't work that way.
that mugann battle and the trumpet/synth thingy theme, epic.
dat giga drill maximum
Jul 9, 2013 2:56 PM
May 2012
eldest said:
what rossiu doesn't realize, is that he's trying (trying; failing) to act logical in the TTGL universe.
it doesn't work that way.
that mugann battle and the trumpet/synth thingy theme, epic.
dat giga drill maximum

Logic doesn't even matter in TTGL
Jul 9, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:

thats why rossiu and his actions are meaningless
Jul 11, 2013 10:18 AM
May 2012
eldest said:
Tengai said:

thats why rossiu and his actions are meaningless

Including some action scenes.
Jul 25, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2010
viral is like "yes, now i can get the d"
Aug 6, 2013 8:12 AM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
I'm gonna be mainstream and hate Rossiu as well. I'm starting to get mad about all these idiots (not just Rossiu) and I hope in the new episode they'll get their ass kicked so I can feel good again!
Aug 14, 2013 5:31 PM

Jan 2011
Whether it's the Reign of Terror, the Spanish Inquisition, or the dropping of the second atomic bomb on Nagasaki, most of the great crimes against humanity have been justified by arguing that it would bring about the greater good for the greater number in the long run and Robspierre, Torquemada, and Truman undoubtedly believed it. Rossiu's plan for the future is to replicate the village of his youth with a culling number of 1,000,000 instead of 50. Sincerity of belief is not a justification for monstrous acts, at the most it only puts you slightly ahead of the hypocrites or opportunists who don't believe in what they are doing, but who do it anyway because it allows them to stay in power or reap the rewards.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 1, 2013 6:08 PM
Aug 2013
i hate rossiu so much right now. like forreal fuck this guy
Sep 13, 2013 12:24 AM

Aug 2012
So good. I do believe this arc is fantastic.
Sep 24, 2013 1:17 PM
May 2013
How dare those monkeys to do that to Kamina's statue, those insects forgot who let them see the sky.
I hope Rossiu won't have the same fate as some traitors from other anime ( traitor doesn't get punished for betrayal )
Kinon is acting like those women from NTR, I mean she gives up on everything to be with that Rossiu , *cough*slave*cough*
I'm looking forward to see Viral and Simon teaming up in the next episode.
Oct 19, 2013 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
I hate how in the first arc the good guys won because they were manly and awesome, and now its just because they have space magic.

What happened to the awesome comedy, the gainax animation, and the crazy situations?

This just feels like another fucking generic Sci Fi mecha now just with more explosions.
Oct 20, 2013 6:45 AM

Oct 2012
Rossiu is just like Kururugi Suzaku...
Well, must I explain this?

I heard Viral's voice in angry citizen mass (Well, that. I don't know the right words)
"Signature removed"
Nov 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2011
Prison break pls rossiu you batard!
Nov 22, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
Man, it's depressing to see how everyone on Rossiu's side, who used to be such enjoyable and beaming characters, have now all changed for the worst. Also the masses of citizens are so ungrateful and have shown how quickly the public can shift to serve their own self interests in acts of desperation. Still, I do not hate Rossiu, as I'm sure he's just doing what he thinks is the best course of action. However, I think his lack of faith in Simon and the death penalty have gone too far, and he's now just become a cold and calculating aristocrat.

Simon is getting put in a cell with Viral huh? I hope Viral becomes his new partner in the Gurren Lagann.
Dec 3, 2013 3:52 PM
Sep 2013
Okay wow. The past two episodes bought me from contemplating dropping this series, to actually really wanting to see the next episode. Everything about it just got loads better; the conflict is much more interesting now, there's solid drama to go along with the action, the characters all feel far more serious and dynamic, even the art seems to have jumped up in quality.

It took it 17 episodes, but it seems Gurren Lagann finally put its big boy pants on...though I wish Simon would stop saying "bro". I get the reasoning behind it and all that, but I still find it annoying and cheesey as hell. Just grow up and call him your brother damnit.
ExtendedRenegadeDec 3, 2013 3:57 PM
Dec 6, 2013 7:02 AM

Dec 2012
Wow...I fucking hate Rossiu now, he acts all high ad mighty and is taking credit for everything when he hasn't really done shit. How dare he condemn Simon like this, last time I checked, he was in the fucking cockpit of Gurran the whole time while Simon was fighting the Spiral King. Hell, if it wasn't for that and Simon defeating the Spiral King, he wouldn't even have the authority he has now. Actually if it wasn't for Kamina and Simon, he'd still be a fucking hole underground worshiping some stupid face god!!!

I really hope Simon can dig his way out of this one, or either Yoko finally makes her appearance and busts him out of there. That'd be awesome
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 22, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2012
god i just wanna shit on everything that rossiu loves
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
So,we all hate Rossiu...Right??
Jan 9, 2014 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
omg Rossiu I knew something was up with him the first time I saw him and even when he joined Dai-Gurren bloody twat he is, even if he is forgive I will not forgive him that maggot.
Jan 27, 2014 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
I love how Kittan told Rossiu off and called him a son of a bitch. He took the words right out of my mouth.

I hope Simon can break out of prison...

Tsundere-lover said:
I really hope Simon can dig his way out of this one, or either Yoko finally makes her appearance and busts him out of there. That'd be awesome

That would be perfect!

And, oh shit, Viral is in the same prison as Simon.
Mar 20, 2014 4:05 PM

Jun 2012
Wow damn, I definitely take back what I said about last episode, Rossiu has become a complete and utter prick. Just like his father. He may be a clever bastard, but his heart is now rotten to the core. I don't think he gives two shits what happens to anyone. Even if the end results are "justified", I don't think the ends always truly justify the means. Betraying his former friends so easily... and also willing to sacrifice Kinon like it's nothing. Maybe he knew Simon would have to obey his morals and not run away, but that's still a horrible thing to do. If humanity is so willing to blame their savior like that, then they're not even close to worth sacrificing your friends for, let alone saving.

I'm glad he got put in with Viral, I can definitely see them working together now. Can't wait to see them destroy Rossiu. He can pretend all he wants that it's for the good of humanity, but just like his father now he's just a power-hungry and blinded by what he can gain from this... even if he doesn't realize it.

TheWestExit said:
and this ep basically cements the fact that everybody hates Rossiu. If you for some reason were still holding out, you know hate his guts like everyone else.
Ha, pretty much. I wanted to think there was still some good in him, but nothing pisses me off more than people discarding their humanity to do the "logical" thing. I don't know that he can redeem himself at this point, but I think he'll probably see the error of his ways in the end, possibly on his death-bed.
Apr 18, 2014 2:09 AM

Oct 2013
man rossiu is a major douche.

he should be smarter than that. killing simon is not gonna do anything.

i really hope he doesn't get that chick. he does NOT deserve her
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 9, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
I can't stand him. Rossiu.
This is one of the few times in a show's episode when my eyes widened with disgust and hatred for someone.
Fuck him.

And throwing down the Kamina statue, that's just desecration.
I'd love to see Rossiu burn, that little shit.
Jun 11, 2014 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
Cant wait for the episode with Rossiu's death...hes a real asshole.
My Candies:
Jun 25, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2013

Rossiu needds to fucking die and all of the people that believe in him
[/quote]
Aug 9, 2014 8:22 PM
Jun 2013
umm why did they make handcuffs for a mole? Rossiu isint really wrong here in saying kamina death was actually a good thing but yea hes a major dick now. ALso how can this girl like him. If they really expect to forgive him later on its going to be hard since hes really doing everything in his power to be a giant dick.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

broaz - Jul 29, 2007

194 by phantom346 »»
Mar 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.