Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 15, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Bro, that ending broke my heart, I'm sure kino will understand at the end of the series. Rossiu is the greatest asshole.
Its look like we will have a new team up Viral & Simon!
Jun 6, 2022 11:28 PM

Feb 2021
I'm starting to like this tone more, but man does this feel like a completely different show. I get that Rossiu's little political spectacle is supposed to further Simon's character growth, but I really don't get how or why he makes that decision as a character, he feels a bit empty and rather conveniently used for the political context. The melodrama at the end bothered me a little too
Aug 15, 2022 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
The first half of Gurren Lagann was a masterpiece on it own, second half is just plain and garbage. The only good thing they've done is making hateable characters. Kinon's a pawn for Rossiu and he's an edgy wannabe MC. But, there's a chance that the second half might be even better but that depends on the LAST few episodes which Ivé seen a few things about. Yoko and Viral are the key points in making the second half good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 9, 2022 10:28 PM

Dec 2020
I haven't hated a character this much, rossiu should be reincarnated in aot world and get his flesh ripped apart alive by titans.
Nov 8, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2021
Personally I wouldn’t let that side bru Kittan needs to get back at Rossiu and bro even his sister was being unreasonable and slapped him I wouldn’t let that slide I wouldn’t take that level of disrespect

Mar 11, 2023 9:19 PM
Jun 2020
ohhey said:
I already hated Rossiu so that isn't anything new but now Kinon, I'm just disappointed. I'm pretty pissed off now because I kind of liked Kinon in the first half of the show and I really don't like to see a character I liked be with such a prick. I seriously hope that someone (preferably one of her siblings) talks some sense into her.
I felt the same way. I liked Kinon before but now she's just brainlessly taking Roshiu's side and slapping her own brother. Like what the hell.
May 8, 2023 12:42 PM

Aug 2022
How can Kinon love that guy? He's a total asshole!
May 12, 2023 8:25 PM
Jan 2020
generic boring, you can skip this
Jul 9, 2023 2:45 AM

Aug 2011
OH BOY I SURE DO LOVE KINON BOOBS SWAYING ANIMATIONS
Aug 15, 2023 8:56 PM

Apr 2023
i hope it goes back to being like cool yknow i liked that better
Sep 2, 2023 3:00 AM

Dec 2020
Extreme rage is all I can feel lol
I hope there's a told you so scene or something to totally destroy Rossius character down to it's core. Like when they chanted his name he actually smiled. This MF lol

They better not pull a well it's all according to plan bs
Sep 15, 2023 6:26 AM
Aug 2018
after watching this episode I don't care about the fate of humanity, people who hate Simon (the person who saved him from Diatopia) will all be wiped out, and Rossiu and his supporters too.

I rarely comment but because I was so annoyed I couldn't help myself
Nov 24, 2023 4:58 PM

Nov 2014
This is the episode where Gurren Lagann really starts to justify its reputation. Reframing the spirited adventures of the first half as a history (or even mythology) which means different things to different people and thus pulls them in different directions is one of the most insightful and compelling ideas of the show. If it had never gone in this direction, Gurren Lagann would barely be a footnote in anime history. The boldness of devoting so much of its runtime to planting seeds so that this vivid depiction of the human spirit in turmoil could blossom is what makes the series great.
OneMoreFinalNov 24, 2023 5:46 PM
Dec 22, 2023 12:56 PM

Jan 2008
Reply to OneMoreFinal
This is the episode where Gurren Lagann really starts to justify its reputation. Reframing the spirited adventures of the first half as a history (or even mythology) which means different things to different people and thus pulls them in different directions is one of the most insightful and compelling ideas of the show. If it had never gone in this direction, Gurren Lagann would barely be a footnote in anime history. The boldness of devoting so much of its runtime to planting seeds so that this vivid depiction of the human spirit in turmoil could blossom is what makes the series great.
@OneMoreFinal

Well said. I'm rewatching the show for the first time since it aired, and am laughing at all the comments in these threads moaning about how the show was better in the beginning. For me, the start of this show was infantile in comparison to the latter half, especially with how the director desperately tried to cram tit shots into every episode and frankly Kamina's dialogue got repetitive and old real fast. The second half of the show elevates it dramatically, paying off character arcs and exploring compelling themes.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 29, 11:34 PM

Dec 2022
this Punished Simon arc really is doing well to drive home just how bad things are with the absolute state of humanity in current year
Mar 25, 10:29 PM

Jun 2015
That was a much better episode. Rossiu is a smart antagonist and he's not just a "har har I'm so evil" type of dude which makes this coup d'etat that much better.
Read Toriko!
Mar 26, 2:14 PM

Mar 2022
I will say this was another great episode with Simon already getting arrested and put in prison after like a bogus trial and Rossiu just letting him pilot Gurren Lagann again but with restrictions in place I can’t really say much about Rossiu’s actions aside from him still being an asshole because well I would be essentially repeating myself at this point in regards to his character because I already said in my piece on him for episode 18 so yeah at the very least the other team members of Dai Gurren are in agreement that Rossiu is just going too far with his treatment of Simon especially Kittan who I think is proving to be the more reasonable one compared to the political official who was tasked with keeping the city safe from the moon coming down on everyone and everything.

I must say the best part of this episode? Simon just meeting Viral again. Especially with what’s possibly the best line when Viral greets Simon once he enters the cell which is: “Welcome to prison life, Supreme Commander.” And that already suggest we are going to get him teaming up with Simon which I think it is pretty awesome. Like the soul surviving ex member of the Helix King’s army joining team Dai Gurren to take on the Anti Spirals is already sounding like a pretty cool concept I really forward to Viral’s future development with the next several episodes to come.
Mar 31, 5:39 PM
Jun 2021
Holy shit, congratulations to whoever made this damn religious piece. For the first time, I felt such a whirlwind of emotions that it was difficult to expel them. At the end, I just didn't know whether to cry, harbor hatred towards the damn Judas or the great whore Kinon, or contemplate the horror of human ingratitude. Ultimately, I remain seated in my comfortable chair, motivated to write, thanks to this damn son of a bitch. I had planned to finish the show today, but due to this immense stress, I'll simply lie down and have sweet dreams.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

broaz - Jul 29, 2007

194 by phantom346 »»
Mar 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.