Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2007 7:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

God, so many thoughts..

So it is indeed a Multiverse with parallel worlds. But if they are always fighting against other Earth's, I was wondering what happened in the first fights. First I thought those worlds might have been worlds that were extremely similar to the kids' world, like 99,99999% alike if you get me. My reason for thinking like that is because they were evacuating in the beginning, and they also had government Jet Fighters and stuff around, just like it was set up in the kids' world. So basically they could have been fighting against their own counterparts in those fights. That would also explain why they keep getting send to different worlds, and each new one is a bit more different from the kids' Earth than the previous one.
But on second thought it could simply be possible that in those first fights, the enemies were sent to Earth just like the kids were sent to the foreign parallel worlds in the last few fights, I guess.

Surprised me that Seki had something like a camera + recorder built into his body, but I guess that was the government's only way of getting a recording of the battles that happen elsewhere which we now know isn't even in the same world.

And the suspension was high until the end, I didn't expect the kids getting attacked. I'm really curious as to who those MIB are. It probably has something to do with the goverment trying to control the whole issue.

Also we got a new ED, a nice one at that. Though I'm surprised we get to see the guy who made the kids join this 'game' in the beginning again, I wonder if he's going to pop up again sometime later.

It was really nice to see that Maki made it in time to see her new born brother, overall I loved this episode - it was great. We're pretty lucky that The Triad is subbing this awesome show ^^.

Looking forward to more.
cyruzAug 6, 2007 8:06 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 6, 2007 5:43 PM

Apr 2007
Loved this episode because we finally got answers more clearly spelled out as to what is going on. I feel bad for the losing side in these battles. It was a sad sight having all those people still in the city holding up their signs while others just lie in bed awaiting the inevitable. Having a kill or be killed fight with no middle ground whatsoever sucks. Now that the truth is known to all the kids I can see at least a few of them having a moral dilemma with fighting other humans. I'm looking forward to seeing how they will tackle the issue when it's their turn to fight.

Considering information about Zearth and the pilots have been partially leaked out and is being distributed in books, I'd imagine the men who tried to corner the girls are from a rogue organization trying to uncover the truth. The government official mentioned last episode how disasterous the information leak could be towards the children. Even though they're basically fighting for everyone's lives there would still be people who wouldn't understand and shift all of the blame on the kids. This would especially be true if they lost family and/or friends from the aftermath of previous Zearth battles.

I never expected Seki to be recording their fights but I guess it's a good thing if it will help the government figure out something to help out the remaining kids. They have to get moving on a plan soon though or they won't have anyone left to save.

I love the new ED. It was a bit weird seing Kokopelli again though. I also thought to myself what if he'll make an appearance later on however since they showed him holding hands with several of the kids that have already passed away I'm not thinking he'll be making a return again. I'd love to be shocked and proven wrong though.

I can't wait to see the next episode. It looks like it will be one with more explainations and not any fighting which should be a good break from all the dead pilots the past few episodes.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 6, 2007 8:33 PM

Mar 2007
Home and away games, lol......that's one of the things I love most about this series: no matter how whacked out things get, there's always some kind of analogy or explanation that makes everything so clear, it's eerie. Because stuff like this really *shouldn't* be spelled out in simple terms like that.

I'm soooooo glad Triad did a double release for 12 & 13. Don't know if I could've handled 12's cliffhanger :)

I liked the new ending, too. That shot with the chairs circling around a 'vermillion' Earth with Zearth standing on top.....*shivers* Here's hoping for more quick releases! :D
You've come a long way, baby.
Aug 7, 2007 12:27 AM

Apr 2007
I am left speechless. ep 12 and especially 13 left me with goosebumps for the last 1 hour...Never thought it's actually a parallel world, whats more they even showed us what the vital point is...
Nothing else to add, just waiting for the next eps!
and I agree with _Sakura_-san, I'm glad Triad released a double release.
Aug 7, 2007 1:32 AM

Aug 2006
Well, most of us were right in the beginning when we suspected that they were kids in the other mechs, but the multiverse theory that they're basing this on was somewhat unexpected. So far this anime definitely has one of the most interesting and intriguing story's of all the animes that I'm currently watching thus far. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next episode, since they're so many more questions left to answer.
Aug 7, 2007 7:27 AM

Mar 2007
zanmato - forgive me if I missed something, but I coulda swore that the pilots of the enemy mech were 'regular' people (aka not all kids....the pilot for sure looked like an adult).

And the multiverse theory was definitely unexpected......except for tainteddonut, who apparently hit on it in a speculation comparison with Noein :) I didn't read it 'cause I haven't seen Noein and didn't want to be spoiled, but I do know that the show deals with alternate/parallel universes.
You've come a long way, baby.
Aug 8, 2007 7:40 AM

Jul 2007
I wouldn't mind seeing aliens or some sort of creatures inside the mechs, I just hope maybe somehow some kids could be saved.
aznixiboyAug 8, 2007 10:43 AM
Aug 8, 2007 11:06 AM

Oct 2006
One of the best episodes so far. This "war" is really twisted. And the way this battle was set up gave it a tension and emotional range that surpassed the previous ones.
We finally got some clear answers.. although many more arose. I really curious to know who's the mastermind behind all this. Even though Kokopelli's appearance in the new ending (which is nice - the ED I mean ^^), I still pointing at him to be Dung Beetle's master... I don't think it would make sense if the Villain was someone that had never appeared in the series before. I may be wrong though.

cyruz said:
So it is indeed a Multiverse with parallel worlds. But if they are always fighting against other Earth's, I was wondering what happened in the first fights. First I thought those worlds might have been worlds that were extremely similar to the kids' world, like 99,99999% alike if you get me.
I thought that too. But since Dung Beetle said "home and away" games, and since this is the first time we see fighters attacking Zearth I guess they did most of their games "home".

Seems that the other pilots are not necessarily kids too. At least this one's look like adults.

tainteddonut said:
Considering information about Zearth and the pilots have been partially leaked out and is being distributed in books, I'd imagine the men who tried to corner the girls are from a rogue organization trying to uncover the truth. The government official mentioned last episode how disasterous the information leak could be towards the children. Even though they're basically fighting for everyone's lives there would still be people who wouldn't understand and shift all of the blame on the kids. This would especially be true if they lost family and/or friends from the aftermath of previous Zearth battles.
Could be. It also crossed my mind they could be agents from foreign countries. But since it seems they don't have weapons I think it's too stretched out.

tainteddonut said:
I never expected Seki to be recording their fights but I guess it's a good thing if it will help the government figure out something to help out the remaining kids. They have to get moving on a plan soon though or they won't have anyone left to save.
Indeed. But I honestly felt that researcher was more hyped about the battle itself, or maybe, if she had already realized they were fighting in "other" worlds, hyped about the "new discovery". W/e she was hyped about, she sure didn't seem worried for someone who's running out of time to save lives...

Aug 8, 2007 3:05 PM

Aug 2007
Kayrhandros said:

tainteddonut said:

Could be. It also crossed my mind they could be agents from foreign countries. But since it seems they don't have weapons I think it's too stretched out.

I had a couple of ideas about that. My first thought was that they might somehow be connected to the Cabinet intel (?) guy who was arguing with what's-her-name (navy woman) in ep. 12. As to their motives, other than internal politics I have no idea, just a hunch.

Then I thought, well, if the robotics researchers in this reality think they're close to working out how to release the kids from their contract, and there were all those people with banners etc. in that other reality who seemed to know far more about the whole alternative realities situation than people in this reality, perhaps yet another alternative reality has been concentrating their studying on how to transport people between realities. Maybe the men are there as saboteurs, to kill, subvert or otherwise mess up the pilots.

God I love this series. Hope they publish the manga in english.
Aug 11, 2007 3:38 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome... Im really happy with the ending Maki got. Was very sad.... (happy yet sad...)
Love the new ED too :D. As for those people trying to kidnap the girls at first i simply thought they were gonna rape them or something XD, i never thought of them being special investigators or something until i saw the preview and thought, oh yeah... ;).
I cant wait for more releases from triad, another double release would be awsome ^^.

Bokurano is win!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2007 2:09 PM

May 2007
STOOP REAPING NAO
Aug 21, 2008 6:58 PM
Oct 2007
Sigh..

Some answers finally given.. Absolute brilliance, the game and it's purpose..
Obvious things are already mentioned so meh, keeping it short..

Bokurano owning..

(Apologies but)
ARGH KIRIE ALREADY??? GRRR SUCKS BALLS OMG..
That dude owns, I have no f*cking idea why seriously.. That was too soon, was expecting him to be like 2nd or 3rd last..

"Lookin' forward to your performance" said Dung Beetle..
Am expecting something big here, wonder what his story will be about..
Dont fail me plx.. Fufu..
Sep 4, 2008 4:07 PM

Dec 2007
This was such a sad episode, everyone wants to protect the ones they love on their own Earth but now they know that to do that they must extinguish the lives of billions of other people. I'm glad that Maki was able to see her brother for a little bit before dying, it really completed the emotional roller coaster of this episode to see that. I personally don't think that the children will be saved, one of the themes to this show is how powerless we really are and I think that no technology or diplomacy will be able to release the children from the contract.

#NBHNC
Sep 6, 2008 3:24 AM

Jun 2007
I think the real question is what time period was Zearth made? Dung Beetle made it clear that these battles have been happening for a long time. The universe and different possible futures for the earth have also continued to expand. So, if we're always moving forward then how and when was Zearth made? It couldn't be from the past or present since the technology is far to advanced. It also wouldn't make sense to be made from the future. Why would the future want to destroy their own progress? So something doesn't add up. It really does feel like a sick game that has no real goal at all other then to choose the strongest multiverse for some unknown goal.
Nov 17, 2008 6:36 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, what an episode. This explains a lot.
What was with the ending though?
Jul 10, 2009 3:31 PM

Dec 2008
"Lookin' forward to your performance."
Dung Beetle sees this as pure entertainment/comedy, and at his place, I'd probably say the same horrible things (horrible for the kids/others). I think that's why I love this guy so much, he's speaking my mind (Bokurano for us is an anime, so entertainment; we basically see it from Dung Beetle's point of view, unless he'd also disappear if his team died. But he doesn't really make it seem like it's the case, or he just doesn't care). I don't know how many reactions of his were identical to what I was thinking. I also loved his grin before saying "I don't even need to answer that." (to the question: "There are also humans in the other robots, right Dung Beetle?").

The ending reminded me of some thoughts in episode 12 concerning making public every detail/facts. I personally thought it'd be even more dangerous for the kids for the reasons as we saw at the end; people's reasoning will go haywire, and the children could easily be killed anytime in the streets instead. You can't trust logic when the end of the world or one's life is at stake for too many cases; and I hoped the government guy would have used that argument to make it simpler. (Even though I have a hunch those guys are more related to some underground group/foreign government/association than just a bunch of sick fucks; I can't imagine them just being pedos, heh, it'd be too easy, although it could be very likely)

Great episode.
Kirie Yusuke being the next one; I hope we'll learn of his background/see how he takes it. I'm having the impression he didn't get called to the meeting either, but I'll find out soon enough.
HakoriaJul 10, 2009 3:45 PM
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Sep 1, 2010 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
I knew it! I thought the other robots, having a heart and one trying not to step on buildings, would be from other places possiblely with others (like them) controlling it!

Alas so we cannot bathe in the safety of "protecting" earth but attack...what a cruel cruel game...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2011 5:15 AM

Mar 2009
Good development. Seeing the other planet go up in flames was pretty epic.
Mar 30, 2011 8:29 PM

Oct 2009
Maki was my favorite, sad to see her gone. But her death was very sweet. She got to see her baby brother, and died with a smile on her face...

I already got spoiled before I started watching, so the big revelation this episode wasn't a surprise to me.
Oct 28, 2011 10:10 PM

Apr 2011
Damn ... I really wish I hadn't gotten spoiled about the whole 'destruction of the alternate universe' thing, though if I'd been watching this in '07 I probably would have figured it out by this point anyway.

Still, actually seeing it animated was EPIC beyond EPIC ... I don't know if I've ever seen a whole unvierse die in an anime before, and this happens EVERY TIME THEY FIGHT. If they lose, it happens to them and everyone they know and love, and the others died to protect.

Who in the hell are the sick fucks who run this game, anyway? What is Dung Beetle, and who is he talking to? A sadistic and brutal God who forces his infinite creations to kill each other by the uncounted trillions/quadrillions/googols ... after all, it's not just Earth, but all those other stars and whatever life is orbiting around them, as well. If that little puppet-thing was telling the truth (for once), then there seems to be little point in forcing the universes to destroy one another ... they are really and truly infinite in complexity and variety, and no matter how many Dung Beetle's masters destroy, there's always an infinity more...

Eat your heart out, Evangelion ... THIS is how you make a dark, mind-fuck mecha anime! This just reached Masterpiece level. Let's see if it can sustain it.

5/5
Apr 1, 2012 1:38 PM
Mar 2012
Jesus christ, I had some inkling of the truth, but this idea is just so... cruel. Nauseatingly cruel.

So, in the end, in these 'off-world' fights, our main characters are the evil invaders out to destroy all humanity.

I love how the episode goes to pains to show that the people in this alternate world are innocent just as the people on the main characters' Earth are. Just normal people. Condemned to annihilation.

I also like how we see that the "vital point" is really the cockpit where the pilots reside.

This is... dark, dark, messed-up stuff.

Since this is a multiverse, imagine the untold numbers of universes that are being snuffed out every second.

Good lord!

So Kokopelli was, in the end, a mere pawn to Dung Beetle and, more importantly, the dark God that rules over this multiverse.

The universe-destruction scene was epic and tragic. And that cliff-hanger...

5/5. The series is going to have to work very, very hard to do better than this episode.
Jul 9, 2012 8:13 PM

Dec 2011
that part where the universe faded away into nothingness was such a tragic/dark scene.
Apr 27, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2012
Im just gonna copy the comment that says everything i want to say:

There's some super intelligent beeings somwhere, that have seen the need to clean up in the mess of the multiverse. Why? I hope they tell us.

That super-intelligent species has the means to immediately annihilate any universe, and they choose to do so by a "battle royal". Why? Why not just pick the ones you want to keep, and save yourself all of this mess?

And then: Why pick an arbitrary number of earthlings, from a seemingly random location (japan), and why pick particularly humans? Why don't for instance the great apes, or dolphins get a say in this?

If it's for evolutionary purposes (only the strongest will survive, as dungbeetle stated) then why would you decide this upon how good random teens are at fighting in a randomly designated giant mech? That's stupid!

Also: the whole universe of that dimension gets wrecked? How about all the other forms of life that are statistically bound to be in that universe? (yes, I know "aliens" aren't proven to exist, but I'm not talking about the "alien visitor" type of aliens, I mean other forms of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe... ok... I guess this is argument kind of depends on what you think about the matter -.-)

Anyways, I'm glad they gave us a little bit more story here. Now I'm only hoping they will fill in some of the stuff that makes the story stupid ^^"
Apr 28, 2013 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
This is officially the anime with the highest body count.
By that I mean the most human beings killed in one anime.
Multiple earths' each with nearly 7 billion people.

Anyways good episode, but the whole plot is a bit iffy.
May 1, 2013 2:48 AM

Aug 2008
I guess that's how the Big Rip will end our universe in the future. Everything explodes and disintegrates as particles are ripped apart.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Sep 16, 2013 9:59 PM

Oct 2011
Really thought provoking episode... we should enjoy and appreciate our lives... most times we don't.

In order to survive, we need to destroy others. Is that really that away from our lives?
Sep 21, 2013 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
I actually cried when Maki died. She might end up being my favorite character, but with 11 episodes left somone else could take her place.

It kinda upset me that the people of the Earth they were fighting had signs that said, "Please don't destroy our Earth," like someone was actually going to go for that. It's unfair to make the people in the robot feel bad and try to make them give up. It's an unfortunate thing, but everyone is going to want to fight for thier Earth, even if that means others have to die. I understood thier signs, but they upset me, because the kids were already in a tough spot and that just made it worse.
Mar 4, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2012
No we finally know why this "game" was created! To weed out parallel universes, well man this episode sure gave us a lot of answers for the many questions we had and most of the ones I had a hunch about were actually true so man this is really getting damn good, I really wonder what's going to happen next!
Jun 9, 2014 7:36 PM
Oct 2013
Again this series is really pulling out all the stops. Once they inferred that there were kids fighting in the other robots, I was already disheartened. But the multiple Earths and actually seeing the children in the other robot made it that much more difficult to watch. I feel terrible for how many other children have lost their lives and how many Earths have already been destroyed. The concept makes complete sense but it really is totally twisted.

Sad that it's already Kirie's turn to pilot... was really hoping for him to avoid it as long as possible. I don't know why I feel sympathy for him, we haven't seen his story yet. But its the same way for me with Kanji and Kana.... for some reason I really dont want to see those 3 die- Daichi was hard enough for me to watch. Sigh lets see where it goes. Hoping they can find a way out of the contract but not really expecting it to happen
Jun 16, 2014 8:51 AM
Apr 2013
Echelonex said:
Im just gonna copy the comment that says everything i want to say:

There's some super intelligent beeings somwhere, that have seen the need to clean up in the mess of the multiverse. Why? I hope they tell us.

That super-intelligent species has the means to immediately annihilate any universe, and they choose to do so by a "battle royal". Why? Why not just pick the ones you want to keep, and save yourself all of this mess?

And then: Why pick an arbitrary number of earthlings, from a seemingly random location (japan), and why pick particularly humans? Why don't for instance the great apes, or dolphins get a say in this?

If it's for evolutionary purposes (only the strongest will survive, as dungbeetle stated) then why would you decide this upon how good random teens are at fighting in a randomly designated giant mech? That's stupid!

Also: the whole universe of that dimension gets wrecked? How about all the other forms of life that are statistically bound to be in that universe? (yes, I know "aliens" aren't proven to exist, but I'm not talking about the "alien visitor" type of aliens, I mean other forms of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe... ok... I guess this is argument kind of depends on what you think about the matter -.-)

Anyways, I'm glad they gave us a little bit more story here. Now I'm only hoping they will fill in some of the stuff that makes the story stupid ^^"

Yeah there's plenty of parts of the plot that still don't quite make sense, for me one of the main ones is that the early robots all seemed kind of easy to defeat, which doesn't support the idea that there were human pilots inside them who possibly knew more of what was going on than the kids in Zearth.
Aug 9, 2014 9:16 PM
Feb 2013
Yea, kinda figured. Not that big of a surprise, their were subtle hints.
Jan 24, 2015 6:37 PM
Apr 2013
Another great episode.
In this one, we learn about the other Earths - parallel universes and how the battles are meant to destroy the futures that ''expanded too much''. There are so many questions we don't even know where to start. Why destroy such universes? Do they pose that much as a treat? Or is it just an excuse to make people fight?
I still don't get why Maki opened the cockpit. Did she want to make sure that there were people inside it? That's still pretty twisted.
The people from the doomed Earth seemed to know all about the fights, tho. I wonder if the people that signed up were like chosen to the task? Like the best minds, the best strategists... In the case of that Earth. Maybe the other ones were just as clueless.
Oct 18, 2015 6:05 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing episode! That scene where whole universe has been vanished.
Btw, this is strange when you suddenly hear ED song which you know before :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 5, 2016 3:10 AM

Mar 2016
Big reveal on the other pilots. Weird end to this one for sure with the group of dudes.
Jan 11, 2017 3:37 AM
Aug 2014
As if it wasn't already messed up that these kids were tasked with saving Earth, now they find out they're wiping other earths from existence. They're holding up remarkably well. Liked that Tanaka just stared shooting after two warnings, not giving the abductors much of a chance to do anything.
Apr 1, 2017 2:40 PM
Jan 2012
I am glad Maki got to hold her little brother in her arms, even if she was just imagining it.

This was a heavy episode. Loved it.
Sep 30, 2018 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
That plot twist; holy shit that's dark. Just thinking about parallel universes fighting for their own survival gives me goosebumps. I know it was hinted at in Moji's arc, but still...

Seeing the humans in that parallel universe and how similar they were made their destruction that much more depressing.

Maki envisioning the baby in her arms as she died got me pretty close to crying. Quite impressive with what little development she got.

Looks like the fat kid is next. Interested to learn more about his past.

I wonder who those guys were who tried abducting those girls. Way to end on a cliffhanger again!

Best episode so far. It was a breath of fresh air learning more about the game at hand and how much more was at stake. I hope we learn more about who Koyemshi is though. 9.5/10

Aug 26, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2019
best episode so far
Jan 6, 2021 6:44 PM
Jan 2016
Another great episode! Big reveals, but with us only being half way through I'm sure we'll get even bigger ones. Really sad to see Maki go after getting to hold her baby brother. :( I'm going to miss the original opening.

I love the new ED. It was a bit weird seing Kokopelli again though. I also thought to myself what if he'll make an appearance later on however since they showed him holding hands with several of the kids that have already passed away I'm not thinking he'll be making a return again. I'd love to be shocked and proven wrong though.

Since he piloted the Zearth in the first episode I've got to assume he died like the rest of them.
May 13, 2021 3:47 AM
Jun 2020
I was loving this show but that whole parallel universe and different earth’s fighting for survival stuff is so convoluted and stupid when you analyze the point of it all from the narrative’s perspective, in the first page a user already touched on the topics in how this is so stupid, I’m not a fan of this twist although it is dark sure,

But at this point it is just so convoluted, it would be better if they had establish this twist better in order to make more sense of it. I doubt that the end of this series will try to make the plot make sense at this point, I’m sure the explanation for why this is happening is going to be along the lines of “this happend just because it happened” (i.e. for no reason or explanation) which is totally lame and lazy writing. I thought the writers were clever enough to make a coherent story beginning to end but I suppose that’s why it got a 7.65 , I’m just disappointed because this could have been an objective masterpiece but like many animes, the direction of the show turns stupid unnecessarily. I hope there’s a better version of this type of show elsewhere because this episode just screams wasted potential
May 13, 2021 3:52 AM
Jun 2020
With that said, the directing and writing in terms of generating suspense and psychological intrigue is still great, the multiverse twist is really hollow and takes some of the realistic psychological thrill away but I’m sure they’ll at least maintain the good suspense and direction throughout the series, and who knows, perhaps this ending could salvage the show ...maybe but after this episode the show seemed to have lost what it was trying to achieve from a plot standpoint
Oct 11, 2021 4:14 AM

Jul 2016
oh naw bro

i can't keep watching this. this shit just got even sadder. look at how little pilots there were left of that world. they had been fighting for longer than zearth's planet... don't cue the sad piano music. ya'll really had to fking add the element of real humans and emotions to robots. i always thought it was strange that the vital point's weakness emerged a ball that was more of a strange mechanical fizz when crushed, but it housed the pilots of the other world in it... they're all adults and the way that the planet's inhabitants protested for zearth's timeline to throw in the towel with posterboards makes me believe that they are more accomodated to the system - possibly also volunteers. wish they did that to the other two planets as well, i want to see each and every planet's pilot roster before they're all destroyed.

this episode was an acid trip... started off boring with the "i want to see my baby brother being born" to surprise surprise... you're not alone, those monsters you have been fighting are fellow human beings, have fun rekting their planet. i am conflicted about continuing to watch, not because i like it any less, but the exact opposite. this "being in a scheme of something larger than yourself" i.e, the purging of universes is extremely interesting... everyone being launched into galaxies made me wonder what the hell was going on. i'm starting to get depressed from this anime HAHAH, i rarely noticed the soundtracks before this but they play it right at a good timing.

it seems like there's a trend with my favorite episodes at the moment (episode 8 and 13) in that there's a 'heavenly' closure. maki holding her baby brother in the rocking chair was very moving and it gives you a sense of hope in despair.
Aug 5, 2023 11:08 AM

Dec 2022
Getting esoteric now, but only in the sense that they got to experience the defeated universe fizzling out. Still feels very cohesive.

I wonder if the abductors were just random rapists, or if they carried some signficance to the plot. It's possible they want to question or experiment on the pilots of the Zearth.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 16 Discussion

tainteddonut - Sep 9, 2007

33 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 18, 2007

121 by Db_kamal »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:51 AM

» Bokurano Director Dislikes The Manga

tainteddonut - Jun 14, 2007

10 by trampler8324 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 23 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 18, 2007

33 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2007

28 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.